2021 transfer thread

Machinator

2 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

He seems good.

https://247sports.com/Player/Henry-Too-Too-46039470/high-school-190695/

Sark listed as one of his recruiters and looks like Bama finished 2nd fwiw. 

Almost certainly heading back to the west coast.  Rumors of homesickness (although McDonald's may have been involved).  Started following all the Cal coaches recently and would get 200 tackles in that O.  30 mins from home too.  We'll see.

11 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

All of those Tennessee players are the ones that were recruited by Brian Niedermeyer, one of the assistant coaches fired for cause Monday. 

If it all comes out in the wash, to whom, Tennessee paid impermissible benefits to, is it possible that the players could loose their amateur status?

CHIEF

Wonder if any of these Tenn guys want to stick together. We could easily use both LBs and sounds like Gray has interest (although makes less sense from his perspective). 

Toto (whatever) seems like a great fit for PK's OLB-heavy scheme. And PK and Sark were both secondary recruiters in his top 4 schools out of HS. I'd be surprised if we aren't going after him hard. I'm sure he'll have a lot of options though

On 1/5/2021 at 11:59 AM, crash_davis said:

Holy shit the portal thing is beyond crazy. I don't think most people thought it would be this fucking mad. I figured there would be a few transfers here and there but when you have starters entering the portal, it's a got damned free for all.

Literally anyone with a brain thought it would be like this...

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Will he go to Nebraska with his brother or will his brother join him in the portal?

spacer.png

Well hell, I guess it wouldn't make much sense for two McCaffrey QBs to be on the bench together in Lincoln.

Edited by Tex Pete

19 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

A&M’s lost like everyone at WR this year. If Preston and Demas could not get significant PT I was wondering if they both were at risk. 

I thought Demas would portal after 0 catches and mysteriously being in the stands a few games. Surprised nothing there but maybe too much $ invested by Jimbo to let him go

31 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I thought Demas would portal after 0 catches and mysteriously being in the stands a few games. Surprised nothing there but maybe too much $ invested by Jimbo to let him go

Maybe after not playing a competitive snap of football in the past 2 years Demas decided he doesn’t miss it much and he’s content just hanging around the fieldhouse and spending Meemaw’s money. 

Super K on To'o To'o ...

***At linebacker, I’ve been touch with a source who is tied in with the highly coveted Tennessee transfer linebacker, Henry To’o To’o.

As you may have guessed, Alabama and USC are considered the teams to watch. However, I am told that Texas is making a run here and coach Sark has spoken with Henry.

I’m digging on what Texas’ chances are going to be but for now, I can tell you they are recruiting him.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Preston would start at SMU

”lol” 

We'll see if he thinks so or if there would even be mutual interest. I have my doubts considering he's caught 10 balls in his last 23 games and couldn't do anything this season with a wide open WR room.

I guess I wouldn't put it past atm to find a way to waste a guy like that but I'm not sure that's what's going on there. 

16 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Literally anyone with a brain thought it would be like this...

Hoping it will settle down after a few years and after reality sets in.  

Reality: Unless you are transferring from a very few programs, you are unlikely a future NFL star in the making if you are riding the bench.  Unless the guy in front of you is truly fantastic, transferring to a crappier school for PT is not going to change that equation.

And if you are not an NFL star in the making, then riding pine at a good school is probably a better long term plan for you than staking your future on getting drafted out of the Sun Belt.  

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Hoping it will settle down after a few years and after reality sets in.  

Reality: Unless you are transferring from a very few programs, you are unlikely a future NFL star in the making if you are riding the bench.  Unless the guy in front of you is truly fantastic, transferring to a crappier school for PT is not going to change that equation.

And if you are not an NFL star in the making, then riding pine at a good school is probably a better long term plan for you than staking your future on getting drafted out of the Sun Belt.  

Yeah hoping the excitement of the portal being new is driving some of this, but also recognize the egos of these kids are out of control after being told how great they are for 18 years.

Recruiting is going to have to change if this keeps up - do you save 3-5 spots every year just in case some important depth transfers out or a star from another team enters the portal? Do you intentionally pass on the Uber talented flakes out of HS thinking, hoping you can hop in after they inevitably transfer?