My daughter Sarah passed away this morning

immortal13

I'm very sorry, Immortal.  We lost my 18 month old niece right before Christmas, so I can sympathize with a fraction of what you're going through, and I'm watching/helping my sister and her husband deal with it.   I don't think there's anything more emotionally difficult a human can go through.  I hope you guys are getting the help you need to survive this, and I hope that any grandparents are also being looked after.  My father seems to be taking the loss of his granddaughter harder than anyone.  No parent can imagine losing their child, even though we all live with the fear of it daily.  No grandparent ever even imagines outliving their grandchildren.  I gave the eulogy at my niece's funeral and it was the hardest fucking thing I've ever done.

The next few days are going to be filled with lots of planning, dealing, negotiating, talking to family and friends.  It will go by in a blur and ideally your shock will carry you through.  Stay strong for what comes after everything settles down.

Edited by Samson's Wig
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1