My daughter Sarah passed away this morning

immortal13

We've had our disagreements on here for sure, but it's always been in good fun. But as a father of a 12 year old little girl your post title is my biggest fear. I am absolutely sorry my bro! I couldn't imagine the pain you are in. PM me if you need me.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sending you a virtual hug  and prayers for comfort in what must be the most painful experience you are walking through at this moment.  Please let this forum continue to be a place to speak your heart.  We are family and are here for you.

She's not gone.  She's still there and you will be able to feel her in time.  Like a light bulb that burned out, the energy wasn't lost, just changed forms.

Native Americans used to refer to death as shedding your "Earth Suit".

God bless her, you, and your entire family.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

On 1/10/2021 at 9:25 PM, immortal13 said:

I'm really struggling today. My mind was just spinning all night long...I couldn't sleep at all 

Sorry for your loss. 

You don't need to deal with your emotions on your own. Please seek support if you need it.  Don't feel you have to do it alone.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Saw this just now.  Even though we don't know each other, I know you as a longtime poster and seeing this is like a punch in the gut.  As the father of two girls not far in age from yours I suspect (at least their age in the picture), I can imagine the pain you are enduring.  I'm so sorry to hear about this.  Not going to go into it, but I've had loss in my life that gives me a sense of what you might be going through.  Anguish was the best term I could come up with.  Not just sadness, but overwhelming pain of loss.  I wish there were words that could ease your pain.  I know the sympathetic words and gestures of friends were of some help, but when you are alone with your thoughts, the pain is unbearable.  People say it gets better, but for me if was far longer than I ever expected.  Stay strong.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

My parents lost my brother at 17 to a car accident. I was 3. It was a divisive event that would echo for decades in my parents’ relationship, as the loss of a child often does. Please seek support not only for yourself but the whole family. It will be awful facing raw emotions to be sure, but honestly there’s no escaping that anyway. Best wishes for hope and healing to you all.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 1

I have no words that can ease the suffering you are going through. And though I don’t know you my heart truly goes out to you.

Though the grief will never fully go away. She will always be in your thoughts and memories. And those wonderful memories will hopefully be what helps you get through the days,months and years to come.

• 2 weeks later...