How long will Sark be head football coach at Texas?

perfectchaos007

How long will Sark be head football coach at Texas?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. How long will Sark be head football coach at Texas?

• 2 seasons or less. Poor on the field results and/or falls off the wagon with his personal issues. Worse than Charlie Strong. CDC fired too
    • 3 seasons. Charlie Strong level of failure. This probably leads to CDC's exit as well
    • 4 seasons. Showed promise at times, but clear he can't get us over the hump. Herman level of failure
    • 5-7 seasons. Fairly successful tenure. He probably wins at least 1 Big12 title in this timeframe
    • 8-10 seasons. At least a few conference titles and a couple playoff appearances during his time here.
    • 11+ seasons. He's the next DKR

Until I see who is on the coaching staff, it's really hard to guess.   

This same poll in 2 weeks may get different results.

When Strong named Shawn Watson, who failed as an OC at Nebraska, as OC is was a huge read-flag.  When Herman named Tim Beck, who replace Watson as OC at Nebraska and also failed,  as OC it was also a red flag.   Let's see what Sark does in one of his first really big moves. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Flawed poll. There’s scenarios where he’s successful but only stays 3-4 years if the NFL comes calling.  I think he only stays 4 or 5 seasons but delivers 1 or 2 big 12 titles and a CFP appearance.

Yeah - I think he leaves after winning the 3rd National Championship in 7 years

Flawed poll. There’s scenarios where he’s successful but only stays 3-4 years if the NFL comes calling.  I think he only stays 4 or 5 seasons but delivers 1 or 2 big 12 titles and a CFP appearance.
Texas has the money if Sark is enough for the NFL to offer him.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Same here.  Hope my death isn’t WAY before that, but I’m in the army brat age bracket.

Hope you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live...

Edit:. I've been blessed in that all Texas' national championships have occurred during my lifetime, saw all of them, even if it was on television.  My biggest joy was that I got to see the first three with my dad.  Good old BW television, but that was the happiest I'd ever seen my dad...and he was a happy man so that's saying a lot.  Wouldn't mind seeing a couple more before my time comes.

Edited by SHOOTER12
Sentiment
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Also, I think he only lasts 3 years, not because he is quite as bad as Charlie, but because he won't do as well as Hermann.  We'll move on to the next big thing.  The administration has made it clear that Hermann's level is not good enough.

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Yeah - I think he leaves after winning the 3rd National Championship in 7 years

Well if you are optimistic he is successful you can't see anything in his past that makes you believe he would stay anywhere longer than 7 or 8 years.

I don't know what these 11 and 20 year people are drinking tonight. 

12 minutes ago, bullet said:

Also, I think he only lasts 3 years, not because he is quite as bad as Charlie, but because he won't do as well as Hermann.  We'll move on to the next big thing.  The administration has made it clear that Hermann's level is not good enough.

If nothing else, that encouraged me more than anything by our athletic department. Mediocrity is not going to be tolerated, and a change will be made even if the "homerun" replacement isn't out there. Texas will continue to search for a coach that will have the program moving in the right direction and competing for championships. Hopefully Sark turns out to be the right guy for us so we can end the cycle of firing coaches after 3-4 years. Lets get out of the wilderness!

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, bullet said:

Well if you are optimistic he is successful you can't see anything in his past that makes you believe he would stay anywhere longer than 7 or 8 years.

I don't know what these 11 and 20 year people are drinking tonight. 

Only distilled water and pure, grain alcohol, so as not to contaminate my precious bodily fluids.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I voted 5-7 only because the NFL might come calling if he wins multiple Big 12 titles and has multiple CFP or NY6 bowl appearances. 

If he’s that successful, we’ll pay whatever it takes to keep him. 

This past decade has been brutal and not easily forgotten. 

I’ll take more of a Mack type tenure.

Rollercoaster seasons where we eventually capture lightning in a bottle with a kid named Jordan Young.

Multiple 10 win seasons with lots of hardware but we eventually run him off because we’re entitled pricks who demand a national title every single year.

28 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

This past decade (except for beating aggy one last time and the Sugar Bowl win) is a decade that everyone wants to forget. 

Yeah, but if "want" was the same as "will" things would be a lot different. 

I'm old tho' and hit campus way back in '78, so I've seen the ups the downs the what-have-yous. 

This past decade 'twas a dark time. 

Edited by DoobieWah
Hey, we remember disco, right?

1 hour ago, DaggerHorns said:

I’ll take more of a Mack type tenure.

Rollercoaster seasons where we eventually capture lightning in a bottle with a kid named Jordan Young.

Multiple 10 win seasons with lots of hardware but we eventually run him off because we’re entitled pricks who demand a national title every single year.

I'd prefer a shorter tenure with 1 or 2 national titles to that where he goes to the NFL or something on good terms. Of course the best option is that he stays for 20 years and becomes a legend.

Edited by Bevo14

15 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Until I see who is on the coaching staff, it's really hard to guess.   

This same poll in 2 weeks may get different results.

When Strong named Shawn Watson, who failed as an OC at Nebraska, as OC is was a huge read-flag.  When Herman named Tim Beck, who replace Watson as OC at Nebraska and also failed,  as OC it was also a red flag.   Let's see what Sark does in one of his first really big moves. 

who was Nebraska's OC after after Tim Beck? Only logical choice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, bullet said:

he'll make it 5 if the contract says 5.   He's CDC's guy.  That's why the Herman rumors around "improprieties" are key.  If he has basically the same record as Herman after 3-4 years he'll get a pass assuming no sark after dark issues.  Also, CDC hired him.  he didn't hire Herman.  Some people dismiss this but its a big thing.

Sarkisian better recruit his ass off.

I see this tenure going really similar to Tom Herman's.  Texas will never suck, but he won't make the playoffs.  4-5 years.

And I'd be absolutely fine with him winning a natty at Texas.  Conference strength perception is largely derived from the status of it's blue bloods.  If Texas actually gets back, OU breaks through in the playoffs, and ISU can be a consistent #3 getting through to the CCG if UT or OU slips a couple times a decade, it's the best long term spot for us.

• Hook 'Em 1