How long will Sark be head football coach at Texas?

perfectchaos007

How long will Sark be head football coach at Texas?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. How long will Sark be head football coach at Texas?

• 2 seasons or less. Poor on the field results and/or falls off the wagon with his personal issues. Worse than Charlie Strong. CDC fired too
    • 3 seasons. Charlie Strong level of failure. This probably leads to CDC's exit as well
    • 4 seasons. Showed promise at times, but clear he can't get us over the hump. Herman level of failure
    • 5-7 seasons. Fairly successful tenure. He probably wins at least 1 Big12 title in this timeframe
    • 8-10 seasons. At least a few conference titles and a couple playoff appearances during his time here.
    • 11+ seasons. He's the next DKR

3 hours ago, alphahorn said:

I'm sure the Bama fans were saying the same sort of shit about Saban when 25 point underdog Louisiana-Monroe beat them on their own field in year 1 of his reign.

Football is still a game that is won in the trenches and we knew going in our OL was trash.

Sark might flame out, but then again he might very well get things fixed. But jumping off the ledge after his second game on the road with a freshman qb, seems a bit premature.  

They lost a bunch of close games to mostly ranked teams that year, including the best team in the country that year LSU. Saban also had a NC to point to. We lost to a shitty Arkansas team and our coach has nothing to point to but some average seasons as a HC. 

Just now, 4th&Five said:

They lost a bunch of close games to mostly ranked teams that year, including the best team in the country that year LSU. Saban also had a NC to point to. We lost to a shitty Arkansas team and our coach has nothing to point to but some average seasons as a HC. 

still it's too early to judge the season.  Bama lost to fucking Louisiana Monroe at home. Imagine the melt down around here if we did that

• Like 1

If Urban Meyer were coach I think people would be better with it. People are on the ledge because Sark is very unproven and showed some big red flags last night. 

We went to that Bama/LSU game that year and people were happy even after that loss because they were 100% sure they had the guy. I’m sure the Monroe game caused some grumblings but I doubt many were giving up on saban at any point that year. 

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

BUT WHAT ABOUT SABAN is one of the dumbest arguments ever used.

Saban is a sample size of 1.

No it is not, you can't judge saban then based upon what we know about saban today. he just flunked out of the nfl and took a terrible loss at home that any blue blood program's fanbase would have gone ape shit over.  To not recognize the possibility that a coach with a new scheme and a freshman qb could lose a road game against a power 5 school is the DUMBEST FUCKING ARGUMENT one could make.

You have to give Coach Sark at least 3 years to implement his schemes. The offense he runs is the one that USC ran against us in the Rose Bowl. It's not a simple offense to implement right off the bat. Need to give him some time.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that Coach Sark has some MNC rings as well as an offensive assistant at USC in both 2003 and 2004.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RC Horn said:

You have to give Coach Sark at least 3 years to implement his schemes. The offense he runs is the one that USC ran against us in the Rose Bowl. It's not a simple offense to implement right off the bat. Need to give him some time.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that Coach Sark has some MNC rings as well as an offensive assistant at USC in both 2003 and 2004.

Tom Herman has a ring as an OC at the Ohio State. How did that work out for us? Remember who these successful coordinators worked for because their bosses have had success before and after them.

21 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

No it is not, you can't judge saban then based upon what we know about saban today. he just flunked out of the nfl and took a terrible loss at home that any blue blood program's fanbase would have gone ape shit over.  To not recognize the possibility that a coach with a new scheme and a freshman qb could lose a road game against a power 5 school is the DUMBEST FUCKING ARGUMENT one could make.

Holy shit your arguments are amazingly stupid.

Saban had already won an MNC as a HC. Sarkisian hasn’t won fuck all. Aside from that, show me the 1 Saban who struggled at a Michigan St type school before becoming the GOAT, and I’ll show a hundred or more others who struggled and never won a fucking thing.

NO ONE denies losses will happen. People are alarmed that our HC doesn’t even realize the level of enmity that one of our oldest rivals has for us and how that ignorance was trumped on national TV by the absolute buttfucking he just received at the hands of a team that averaged less than 2 conference wins a season over the past 3 seasons.

26 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Yeah, but college football fan overreaction is one of the best things about college football. If we head into Dallas 4-1 it'll be unicorns farting rainbows all up in this joint.

• Hook 'Em 2

still it's too early to judge the season.  Bama lost to fucking Louisiana Monroe at home. Imagine the melt down around here if we did that
Around here? I'm sure bama fans had a s*** fit after that game. People who think our fanbase is entitled have never pulled their head out of their ass and looked around. I've only been to one SEC versus SEC game and it was when Tennessee beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa in about 98 or 99. Tennessee was legit then and I think higher rated, but those bumpkins absolutely lost their shit... Can't believe DuBose wasn't run out of town that very night...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Tom Herman has a ring as an OC at the Ohio State. How did that work out for us? Remember who these successful coordinators worked for because their bosses have had success before and after them.

Fuck your mother

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

Saban had already won an MNC as a HC. Sarkisian hasn’t won fuck all. Aside from that, show me the 1 Saban who struggled at a Michigan St type school before becoming the GOAT, and I’ll show a hundred or more others who struggled and never won a fucking thing.

NO ONE denies losses will happen. People are alarmed that our HC doesn’t even realize the level of enmity that one of our oldest rivals has for us and how that ignorance was trumped on national TV by the absolute buttfucking he just received at the hands of a team that averaged less than 2 conference wins a season over the past 3 seasons.

Fuck your mother

peace and love everyone, I’m out!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

Do you honestly believe that?

10 minutes ago, RC Horn said:

Being a coordinator and being a HC are two completely different skillsets. We fucked up. See y'all in 2024.

13 minutes ago, RC Horn said:

They are not the same offenses. They have similarities, but he’s certainly changed how he calls games since 2005.

Edited by lilMAC25

29 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Almost bro. The only thing your post is missing is a reference to Dabo Swinney's first few years!

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Did you know Coach K also struggled his first few years at Duke?  It really makes you think.

Then again, these other guys also struggled their first few years when they took a new job:

Charlie Strong

David McWilliams

Tom Herman

John Mackovic

John Blake

Kevin Steele

Guy Morris

Chad Morris

Dennis Franchione

Mike Sherman

Paul Rhoads

Shaka Smart

Charlie Weis

Turner Gill

David Beatty

Mike Stoops

Will Muschamp

Rich Rod

Brady Hoke

Mike Dubose

Mike Shula

Derek Dooley

Butch Jones

Jeremy Pruitt

Tyrone Willingham

Bob Davie

Willie Taggart

So many poor victims of circumstance who could have been the next Nick Saban or Coach K if only fans had more patience.

Charlie Strong just needed more time and he would have won an MNC at Texas. 

image.gif.fd756e1b4c31e7209ec87df24abd3d3c.gif

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Did you know Coach K also struggled his first few years at Duke?  It really makes you think.

Then again, these other guys also struggled their first few years when they took a new job:

Charlie Strong

David McWilliams

Tom Herman

John Mackovic

John Blake

Kevin Steele

Guy Morris

Chad Morris

Dennis Franchione

Mike Sherman

Paul Rhoads

Shaka Smart

Charlie Weis

Turner Gill

David Beatty

Mike Stoops

Will Muschamp

Rich Rod

Brady Hoke

Mike Dubose

Mike Shula

Derek Dooley

Butch Jones

Jeremy Pruitt

Tyrone Willingham

Bob Davie

Willie Taggart

So many poor victims of circumstance who could have been the next Nick Saban or Coach K if only fans had more patience.

It's a crap shoot unless you hire a proven winner. Even then, it takes luck to get it right.

The proven winner we wanted told us to pound sand.

That stings.

20 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

We have a good staff of proven winners and a head coach that knows SEC football. Getting rid of Sark before we join the SEC would be stupid unless Saban wants a challenge. Ride it out

Yeah his experience in the SEC clearly gives him a huge advantage against SEC teams. I guess whoever coaches Rice must have spent decades in the SEC and have more talent than us because they were vastly more competitive with Arky than Sarky. 

20 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Yeah his experience in the SEC clearly gives him a huge advantage against SEC teams. I guess whoever coaches Rice must have spent decades in the SEC and have more talent than us because they were vastly more competitive with Arky than Sarky. 

This is about as lazy and dense of an argument I’ve ever heard. Rice was more competitive because Arky was vanilla and took them lightly looking ahead to us. 

We lost to Arky because we don’t have the players specifically in the trenches. It’s not a coincidence that we haven’t had a O-Lineman drafted in the first round since like 2008. Half of Sarks staff is SEC guys. They know what we need and right now we don’t have it

• Like 1

17 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Charlie Strong

David McWilliams

Tom Herman

John Mackovic

John Blake

Kevin Steele

Guy Morris

Chad Morris

Dennis Franchione

Mike Sherman

Paul Rhoads

Shaka Smart

Charlie Weis

Turner Gill

David Beatty

Mike Stoops

Will Muschamp

Rich Rod

Brady Hoke

Mike Dubose

Mike Shula

Derek Dooley

Butch Jones

Jeremy Pruitt

Tyrone Willingham

Bob Davie

Willie Taggart

I noticed Jim McElwain missing from your list. Hell, he won B2B national championships as Saban's off. coordinator. I imagine when he finally gets a big time head coaching gig, he will f'n wreck shop. 

What's that? He got fired 2.5 years into his stint at Florida because the gators ranked 111th, 116th, and 112th in total offense? and now splits time between coaching central michigan and shark fucking? thats odd....Saban assistants usually experience wild success once they branch off on their own. 

24 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Based on the last two corches, the over/under for Sark is 3.5 years.

I'll take the under

When will someone create a “ Tell me about Jeff Traylor” thread? UTSA could end up ranked higher than Texas this year if this shit isn’t fixed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, XForce said:

When will someone create a “ Tell me about Jeff Traylor” thread? UTSA could end up ranked higher than Texas this year if this shit isn’t fixed. 

Traylor was discussed ad nauseum when it was clear Herman wasn't going to last. But go ahead and make that thread and advocate canning Sark after 2 fucking games to hire someone from a system school with zero relevant experience. 

On 9/12/2021 at 3:23 PM, David Dennison said:

Yeah, but college football fan overreaction is one of the best things about college football. If we head into Dallas 4-1 it'll be unicorns farting rainbows all up in this joint.

I think we are all way more realistic than that after Charlie and Tom.    If we buttfuck TCU and Tech...maybe you'll get a farting Unicorn or 2.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:23 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I think he'll be here as long as his contract runs because I don't think anyone cares enough anymore to fire him

this is the correct answer barring Charlie Strong levels of suck.  CDC hired him.  CDC will be the AD when his contract runs out.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

this is the correct answer barring Charlie Strong levels of suck.  CDC hired him.  CDC will be the AD when his contract runs out.

As long as he’s a decent recruiter and can manage his assistants well enough to produce 9+ win teams (year 3 and beyond), he’ll probably stick around well beyond his initial contract.

8 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

As long as he’s a decent recruiter and can manage his assistants well enough to produce 9+ win teams (year 3 and beyond), he’ll probably stick around well beyond his initial contract.

Herman’s ship was sunk with Ewers decommit. Ultimately wouldn’t have meant shit because we can get skill players but OL recruiting is shit. Williams and Cosmi were outliers if not GD miracles. 

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

The University of Texas Head Football Coach position has entered the chat.

I kid… kind of

Not saying it isn't a concern. But he has a good track record since the USC debacle and I'm sure every team that's hired him since then has done their due diligence. 

I's guess there's something in his contract about zero or very little tolerance for it and having that be reason to fire him for cause without owing the remainder of his contract.

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Supposed to win 8 games per Vegas odds.

We all knew this 3 months ago. New coaches and a QB that played high school football a few months back. Pretty hilarious dipshits calling for his head.

who is calling for his head? 

you also realize Card is a redshirt freshman and actually played in a couple of games last year.

On 9/12/2021 at 1:14 PM, RC Horn said:

I felt obligated to point out that he doesn’t have one from 2005!

• Hook 'Em 1