Lauren Boobert - Tits and a Gun

MoJames

Look at those three guys flashing the white power sign. Kind of on the side so they’re trying to be stealth about it. Is “Three Percenters” their way of claiming plausible deniability? Because I can see what’s going on and so can all their white nationalist cohorts.

image.thumb.jpeg.d69d41fec4ed1bbbe5c20920d7c7bf68.jpeg

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Look at those three guys flashing the white power sign. Kind of on the side so they’re trying to be stealth about it. Is “Three Percenters” their way of claiming plausible deniability? Because I can see what’s going on and so can all their white nationalist cohorts.

Doesn't look to me like they're going for stealth. They're proudly holding it up front and center. 

I don’t see how Boebert isn’t called into the FBI for questioning. If she gave a tour of the Capitol to apparent rioters, there should be a method to verify this. But still it doesn’t fully prove she knew what was happening. She probably did, but more info is needed.

Now her tweet to inform people of the whereabouts of Pelosi is the most troubling. I don’t see how we can have a Rep that is directing assassins to the Speaker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Doesn't look to me like they're going for stealth. They're proudly holding it up front and center. 

They’re not really showing the “p” part of the white power sign, the circle made with the thumb and forefinger, facing forward. The one guy sort of is. But they’re not facing forward like you usually see, like the one flashed by the New Zealand mosque shooter.

D1vpt0VU8AArsY8?format=jpg&name=medium

Or the one flashed by one of Trump’s interns.

white-power-trump-intern.jpg?quality=80&

Edited by WhatTheBuck

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Three Percenters (also known as 3%ers, III%ers, and Threepers) are anti-government extremists who are part of the militia movement. They compare their hostility to the federal government with the opposition of American patriots to the British during the American Revolution.  The term itself is a reference to a false belief that the number of Americans  who fought against the British during the Revolutionary War amounted to only three percent of the population at the time (historians say that percentage was actually far higher).  

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Three Percenters (also known as 3%ers, III%ers, and Threepers) are anti-government extremists who are part of the militia movement. They compare their hostility to the federal government with the opposition of American patriots to the British during the American Revolution.  The term itself is a reference to a false belief that the number of Americans  who fought against the British during the Revolutionary War amounted to only three percent of the population at the time (historians say that percentage was actually far higher).  

That’s interesting. I wasn’t familiar with that particular flavor of right-wing extremism. That seems as irrational as the basis for any of them. But knowing or not knowing, I wonder if that “Three Percenters” thing is why the three fingers, the “w” part of the white power sign, is more prominently displayed. ‘No, no, no...those weren’t white power signs, your honor. Those were Threeper signs!’

28 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That’s interesting. I wasn’t familiar with that particular flavor of right-wing extremism. That seems as irrational as the basis for any of them. But knowing or not knowing, I wonder if that “Three Percenters” thing is why the three fingers, the “w” part of the white power sign, is more prominently displayed. ‘No, no, no...those weren’t white power signs, your honor. Those were Threeper signs!’

No you're exactly right, the 3 fingers and the P (for percenters) give them cover to flash the white power sign.  Has nothing to do with the percent of people who fought in the revolution.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don’t see how Boebert isn’t called into the FBI for questioning. If she gave a tour of the Capitol to apparent rioters, there should be a method to verify this. But still it doesn’t fully prove she knew what was happening. She probably did, but more info is needed.

Now her tweet to inform people of the whereabouts of Pelosi is the most troubling. I don’t see how we can have a Rep that is directing assassins to the Speaker.

subpoena review her parler account messages

These groups’ disclaimers, about their hand sign meanings, ring hollow. Any reasonable person would be appalled if they discovered  that something to do with their group was shared with a racist group. They would want to ensure there is zero elements that are tying them to a racist group. Saying something about heritage or “we used that first” is a fake excuse.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There is no way those dudes tip worth a damn.

• Haha 1

and it's been 6 days since Rep Cohen (D-TN) accused her of leading a tour, which she denied.... 

https://www.newsweek.com/lauren-boebert-denies-giving-insurrectionists-capitol-tour-says-it-was-her-family-1563237

Rep Cohen responds to guntits counterattack:

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/01/21/steve-cohen-i-reported-what-i-saw-accurately-without-any-accusation-that-rep-lauren-boebert-was-helping-the-insurrection/

Spoiler
By Steve Cohen | Guest Commentary
January 21, 2021 at 10:09 a.m.

I am writing about the editorial that ran in The Denver Post with the headline “Attacks on Rep. Lauren Boebert that are sexist, elitist or based on rumors must stop.”

The editorial suggests that my remarks in response to questions posed by CNN on Monday included a claim that I saw Congressman Lauren Boebert “leading large groups of people through the Capitol in the days before the attack.” It then labels this assertion as “intentionally misleading,” and suggests that these remarks were part of a “media tour” I was conducting. I said I saw Congresswoman Boebert lead a group, not “groups,” in a tunnel near the Capitol, not in the Capitol, and I specifically said “now, whether they were people that were involved in the insurrection or not, I do not know.” Immediately after that, I was asked: “Do you know that any people who were in that tour led by Boebert later attended the riot?” My response: “I do not.”

Congresswoman Boebert is accusing me of saying she was leading a “reconnaissance” tour; those are her inflammatory words, not mine. Your assertion that my remarks raise “the specter of collusion” with the insurrectionists is your pure fabrication. I said in the interview that her tour could have been entirely innocuous; it’s you who are raising specters. Also, a single interview doesn’t constitute a “media tour.”

I’d like to raise two other points. First, the editorial mixes my remarks about seeing a tour she acknowledges having led with members of her family with statements made by unnamed others that you label “sexist” and “elitist,” terms used in your headline. Nothing I said could be construed as either sexist or elitist but your editorial tars me with that brush.

You’re aware that Congresswoman Boebert has some credible critics. I would reiterate what I said on CNN about her not being with the “home team.” Her remarks on the House floor and her assertion that “Today is 1776” on the morning of January 6 — before the insurrection — indicate why her calls for calm reflection and congressional camaraderie ring a bit hollow.

Steve Cohen is a member of Congress representing Tennessee’s 9th District which includes Memphis.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
8 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:
we have too many kraken threads.....   no idea or proposal on how to resolve.
guntits this morning:

Are bills submitted posted online anywhere, or just bills voted on? Because I really want to read the full text of these...

I was thinking about this over the weekend. Think about what a dumbass attention whore she is....now think about the staff she must have hired. I bet that office is like watching 50 monkeys trying to fuck a football. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
8 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:
we have too many kraken threads.....   no idea or proposal on how to resolve.
guntits this morning:

Are bills submitted posted online anywhere, or just bills voted on? Because I really want to read the full text of these...

Yes.  Sometimes it takes a bit for them to appear, but they are available at a number of places.  It's easiest if you know the bill number, but govtrack.us, for example, lets you see what bills a legislator has sponsored or co-sponsored.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/lauren_boebert/456805

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I was thinking about this over the weekend. Think about what a dumbass attention whore she is....now think about the staff she must have hired. I bet that office is like watching 50 monkeys trying to fuck a football. 

Didn't her head of staff already quit?

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yes.  Sometimes it takes a bit for them to appear, but they are available at a number of places.  It's easiest if you know the bill number, but govtrack.us, for example, lets you see what bills a legislator has sponsored or co-sponsored.

Their little scattergram has her over on the liberal side right now. 

23 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also worth noting that the things she has sponsored are "resolutions," not bills or legislation.  They are all styled HR or "house resolution," whereas actual bills to become laws are styled HB or "house bill."

Even if this crap made it to a floor vote, it's just "resolved."  It's a legislative wet fart.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Do not underestimate this gal. I don't like her, the drama is a distraction, but it is working for her and she and MTG are holding their own in the GOP. They waited too late to sideline them, and now they have to bring them to the dance. They are there to suck up the news cycle, generate outrage, and otherwise create chaos as they grift and publicity seek.

You can call her stupid and as I've said before--she's not traditionally smart as near as I can tell, but she has the other kind of smart. We'll see if she flames out, but she has two years to cause problems if they don't find their spine and  kick her out soon.

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Do not underestimate this gal. I don't like her, the drama is a distraction, but it is working for her and she and MTG are holding their own in the GOP. They waited too late to sideline them, and now they have to bring them to the dance. They are there to suck up the news cycle, generate outrage, and otherwise create chaos as they grift and publicity seek.

You can call her stupid and as I've said before--she's not traditionally smart as near as I can tell, but she has the other kind of smart. We'll see if she flames out, but she has two years to cause problems if they don't find their spine and  kick her out soon.

Meh, the only problems I foresee the guntits and MTG freakshows causing are outrageous tweets and generally being embarrassments. 

On 1/25/2021 at 8:12 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Also worth noting that the things she has sponsored are "resolutions," not bills or legislation.  They are all styled HR or "house resolution," whereas actual bills to become laws are styled HB or "house bill."

Even if this crap made it to a floor vote, it's just "resolved."  It's a legislative wet fart.

This is inaccurate. Bills in the House are prefixed with H.R. for "House of Representatives." A simple resolution would be styled H.Res.

HB isn't a thing in Congress, but it used for house bills in the Texas Legislature. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Hook 'Em 4

• MoJames changed the title to Lauren Boobert - Tits and a Gun