The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

It won't fucking happen Nancy.  Articles of Impeachment should be presented TODAY.

She knows she can't get him impeached either. It is to delay it and put it on the cabinet. This is why we need new leadership. Porter would be forcing the Rs to put them on record as supporting Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

It won't fucking happen Nancy.  Articles of Impeachment should be presented TODAY.

It's insane that she's begging some fucking backup acting department heads to do her job for her.

Goddamnit, you're the chief representative of what's supposed to be the most important body of American government. Fucking act like it.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

She was not well

she got a lot better!

but seriously, lol at anyone saying she shouldn't have been shot. She should have been shot before ever entering the building. OUR ENTIRE FUCKING GOVERNMENT SAVE OUR SHITHEEL PRESIDENT WAS IN THE BUILDING! Holy fucking shit how hard is this to explain? The only thing I am genuinely shocked about is that more people didn't die, which they should have. fucking @ me. bring it

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Add every device of every member of Trump's administration as well. Jim Acosta was reporting that someone in the White House was in communication with the mob. That person needs to be strung up.

The Trump administration [i]is[/i] the mob. Not the Italian/Sicilian mafia. Not “La Cosa Nostra.” But they’re the same kind of organized crime family, a criminal syndicate, that operates the same way as any other. Donald Trump is Tony Soprano without the psychotherapy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

The point remains that the authorities were overly prepared for BLM and not MAGA, but this is the Lincoln Memorial, not the Capitol. 

Holy shit, you're right -- I should have noticed that when I first saw that tweet.  Delete post, ban user, etc., etc.  

Based on the show of force at the Lincoln Memorial, which I would argue is less important than the Capitol Building, I've got to assume the police presence at the Capitol was even more substantial last year.  I'll have to look around and see if I can find a photo that can either confirm or refute my assumption.

Edited by Carl Spackler
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It's insane that she's begging some fucking backup acting department heads to do her job for her.

Goddamnit, you're the chief representative of what's supposed to be the most important body of American government. Fucking act like it.

GOP goes to the mat for years over Benghazi bullshit- hoping to uncover a national security failure. Real, actual insurrection at the Capitol and Congress is in recess. Just spectacular leadership 

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Just a hunch, but with the amount of traffic Parler is seeing associated with the events of the past few days, I wouldn't be surprised if the platform went dark because they are going to be bombarded by the Feds.

I mean, this was always how that site would end. 

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The event was literally called “Stop the steal.” Trump invited these people on a foundation of lies to the Capitol to do precisely that.  He whipped them up and directed them to the halls of Congress.  

I don’t see much room for ambiguity here. 

Ah, so your statement was overly dramatic.  He didn't tell them to "storm the Capitol".

I'm not cutting him any slack.  I just took your words at face value.  I should know better.

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I didn’t even think about this.

Fuck the Capitol Police.

Yeah, the whole aftermath is nearly as puzzling as the prelude.

I don't recall reports of gunshots, but I wasn't actually watching much live coverage.

And I can't tell if those are incoming or outgoing.

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The event was literally called “Stop the steal.” Trump invited these people on a foundation of lies to the Capitol to do precisely that.  He whipped them up and directed them to the halls of Congress.  

I don’t see much room for ambiguity here. 

Ah, so your statement was overly dramatic.  He didn't tell them to "storm the Capitol".

I'm not cutting him any slack.  I just took your words at face value.  I should know better.

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

He didn't literally say those words but he said that if they wanted to take their country back they couldn't be weak, they needed to be tough, they needed to fight for Trump, and then he told them to march on the Capitol. It's a little beyond even "won't someone rid me of this meddlesome priest?"

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Not just them. We just had an election where he had 74 million voters. I don't think yesterday changed anything. We want to believe it did. Pelosi thinks it did. It didn't. They likely will win the House in 2022. The people involved in yesterday's insurrection are the frontrunners for their party's nomination in 2024. They will get no less than 47% of the popular vote. One side is preparing for war and the other side is saying that they shouldn't. We need to bring the bazooka to this fight.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Pelosi called for the resignation of the Capitol Police Chief. The House Sergeant At Arms has resigned. 

She said she hasn't talked to the CP Chief since yesterday.

What. the. fuck. 

45 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

This x 1,000. I'm all in on this conspiracy theory, it is not happenstance that the BLM rally drew Seal Team 6 to the capitol steps and the well in advanced plan to take over the capital by the MAGA people elicited a couple Paul Blart mall cops and they didn't even give them segways. 

This was by design. 

Paul Blart won.  Capitol Police lost.   Don't insult Paul like that again.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He didn't literally say those words but he said that if they wanted to take their country back they couldn't be weak, they needed to be tough, they needed to fight for Trump, and then he told them to march on the Capitol. It's a little beyond even "won't someone rid me of this meddlesome priest?"

I get it, this is how he operates.  I was just trying to get Hugo to show me the explicit language he claimed Trump uttered.  Enough, let's move on.

• Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

there is going to be a ton of unwiring and rewiring of brains required to get us through this, for a very long time. fuck you, GOP, for poisoning this nation's collective mind for so long.

Dude, just look at the football board.  These people are unsavable.

15 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

SIAP - More to come it seems

Had a Muslim posted that, he'd already be in jail.  So what are we waiting for with this guy?  We try to stop other terrorism before it occurs so why can't we also try to stop white nationalist terrorism before it occurs?

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Not just them. We just had an election where he had 74 million voters. I don't think yesterday changed anything. We want to believe it did. Pelosi thinks it did. It didn't. They likely will win the House in 2022. The people involved in yesterday's insurrection are the frontrunners for their party's nomination in 2024. They will get no less than 47% of the popular vote. One side is preparing for war and the other side is saying that they shouldn't. We need to bring the bazooka to this fight.

I dunno, economy roaring back after pandemic defeated could be a strong position for Dems in contrast to how GOP left things

2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

What would have justified her being shot in your eyes?  If she got through those doors with no reaction nothing would have stopped the rest.  She fucked around and found out and is now a dead stupid bitch.  The moment the crowd penetrated the building is when the lead should have started flying.  

I've caught myself a couple of times wondering if what transpired yesterday was better for the soul and social unrest of America, i.e. "letting" them take the Capitol in relative ease, ransack the place, post selfies, take shits in Senators' bathrooms, then quietly leave, rather than shooting a dozen or so angry and brainwashed--but mostly unarmed--citizens...then I slap myself. You don't get to be a domestic terrorist just because your brain has been turned to mush. I'm done trying to reason with the extremists, or hope that they'll eventually see the light.

Obviously, the best alternative would have been a wall of officers they wouldn't have dared attack, but, in lieu of that, some well placed bullets would have been preferable to yesterday.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2