The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

What would have justified her being shot in your eyes?  If she got through those doors with no reaction nothing would have stopped the rest.  She fucked around and found out and is now a dead stupid bitch.  The moment the crowd penetrated the building is when the lead should have started flying.  

She kinda went Leeroy Jenkins, didn't she?

• Haha 1

Marc Sumerlin, the founder Evenflow Marco and who recently turned down a chance to be on the Federal Reserve’s Board of Governors, blasted Trump in a note to his clients on Thursday.

“A small man, unloved as a child and filled with raging self-hate, secured his place as the worst president in United States history yesterday by inciting insurrection against the U.S. constitutional government,” Sumerlin wrote in the note reviewed by CNBC. “He will be joined in the history books by two treasonous Senators, Cruz and Hawley, both former clerks of the Supreme Court.”

“Bye, bye, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley and Donald Trump,” one of the president’s top campaign bundlers said, also mentioning the two Republican senators who led objections to Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory. “He’s done,” the person added, referring to Trump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/07/trump-business-allies-start-to-distance-themselves-from-him-after-capitol-hill-riot.html

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Just in case it hasn't been posted. How wasted is Don Jr.?

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

They're all complicit

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

fucking mark meadows makes an appearance grinning ear to ear as he watches the mob form...then resigns the next day saying 'he can't be a part of this'

it's exactly what you wanted you piece of shit.

Sorry for requoting all three but you can see it, right? The attitude of giddy glee that what they've been planning is coming to fruition? The power the money it's all coming together and they didn't know if it could happen but here it is. Those were not faces of Americans watching in horror due to the symbolic and real loss of our country, those were the faces of people insulated from harm, from everything but their own ego and hubris. To both sides this, it's the argument that average citizens gripe about regardless of party, but to both sides this doesn't hold water, does it? Who were those zip ties for? Not them. If a hapless aide got groped by the mob, what's it to them? All their rage is fake, all their posturing is just that. If they were costumed as 18th century French royalty it would've actually been understandable as their divine right, but they've become worse: American royalty and we idiotically elected it.

I'm handing out rep right and left, but these pages are flying so fast that if I miss someone today, I'm sorry. It's actually a crappy week for Trump to up the ante on his coup.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I've caught myself a couple of times wondering if what transpired yesterday was better for the soul and social unrest of America, i.e. "letting" them take the Capitol in relative ease, ransack the place, post selfies, take shits in Senators' bathrooms, then quietly leave, rather than shooting a dozen or so angry and brainwashed--but mostly unarmed--citizens...then I slap myself. You don't get to be a domestic terrorist just because your brain has been turned to mush. I'm done trying to reason with the extremists, or hope that they'll eventually see the light.

Obviously, the best alternative would have been a wall of officers they wouldn't have dared attack, but, in lieu of that, some well placed bullets would have been preferable to yesterday.

Yeah, those people feel emboldened by how things went yesterday. Things are going to get much worse after this, not better, unless Biden's administration can very quickly identify, charge, and convict them all and starts focusing on countering violent extremist groups and propaganda. 

Not going to quote Fozz, because he's a Nazi supporter, but his post reveals a lot. Yesterday, his side attempted a violent overthrow of the republic. Today, the other side is celebrating over the body of an insurrectionist, and Fozz's SOLE concern is the feelings of the insurrectionists.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Didn't see this coming

This, the resignations, Moscow Mitch and Lindsay Graham opposing the president tells me that they know it's about to get worse. They're taking the easiest steps available to them to deter the president without revealing what they themselves know that, in turn, makes them complicit.

Got to be careful trying to parachute out of the treason plane.

2 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

This is vile.

ErJAziNXIAMksnl?format=jpg&name=medium

ErJ2qmrXUAI4vRb?format=jpg&name=medium

ErJ2zJ_XcAMxggM?format=jpg&name=medium

He seems to be a bit of an asshole, but he is just telling it like it is.  We aren't at the point in American white nationalism to where people are being conscripted into it with little choice.  We are at the point where people like Ashley actively choose to be white nationalists and also actively chose to storm the capital.  In a way, Ashley is akin to one of the true believers who followed Hitler before he took power.  You simply can't feel sorry for those people.  I'm sure many of them also had parents who wondered where they went wrong.  And at earlier points in their lives, perhaps they could have been saved.  But once you are engaging in an active attempted revolt in order to create or preserve a white nationalist country under the command of a single demagogue, you can no longer be saved.

But I actually do feel some sympathy for the later Nazi grunt who was conscripted, perhaps against his will, and thrown into battle against the US or especially the Soviets.  I have less sympathy for the ones that were conscripted against their will, yet manned the concentration camps, even if I can also consider the fact that I might have made the same choices under the same circumstances in order to save my own life.  We all like to think we would go out like a hero instead, but the truth is that most of us wouldn't.  However, I have no sympathy at all for the ones who chose that path whether brainwashed or not.  The ones who worked by choice early on so that later they could force others into doing unthinkable things.

That isn't to say that Ashley is the only one to blame.  She clearly thought that there would be no repercussions for storming the capital.  She did deserve to die for storming the capital.  So did everyone else that did it.  But she should have expected this risk because revolution always carries the risk of death.  And she didn't expect it.  Her leaders, Trump, Cruz, Hawley, and other politicians who carried on the charade which goaded her into action should be tried for their leadership in orchestrating this attempted coup.  Revolutionaries, whether bad ones like the Nazis or good ones like the Americans, don't get to lose and go home.  They either win or they die.  Trump's followers think they can just fuck around without finding out.  Heads need to be busted and blood needs to be shed, and when that is done, many will quit and we can see how many actual revolutionaries there are and how many were just fucking around.  You don't see left wing groups that may want revolution attacking the capital for a reason.  They know they can't win and they will die doing it.  The response to Trumpists needs to be the same so they can finally understand the same.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

I don't think his sentiment is wrong, really. I thought about starting a new thread specifically coup related because of something I spotted on the txag site. A person there was scolding another person who claimed Trump was leading a coup. The scolder retorted that if Trump was leading a coup there would be tanks rolling down the avenue. It's such a simple minded view of history that it took me aback a little. I forget that there are those that view some things in black or white and only begin to see gradiations when their worldview is under attack. Hence: no tanks (military), no coup. Never mind that the military leaders said they weren't playing, in his (I think it was a guy) this was not that.

On second thought, @SizzleChest, maybe I'll go soapbox in a new thread because I'm fixing to rant and don't need to clutter up this one. Thanks for posting that tweet.

41 minutes ago, Foosters said:

https://www.chapman.edu/our-faculty/john-eastman

Anyone feel like emailing this ABA accredited law school and asking when they will offer a course in how to plan a coup?

Eastman was on stage yesterday with Rudy. Professor At Chapman Law School.

He's an asshole, for sure.

He filed Trump's amicus brief in the Paxton bullshit.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeesh.

I consistently underestimate the malevolence of these people, but I still have to think they're too cowardly/larpy to actually execute someone.

There is probably the odd psychopath in there that would, but I think for the majority of them, actually killing someone is a bit too real for them.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/10/19/thresholds-of-violence

Granovetter thought it was a mistake to focus on the decision-making processes of each rioter in isolation. In his view, a riot was not a collection of individuals, each of whom arrived independently at the decision to break windows. A riot was a social process, in which people did things in reaction to and in combination with those around them. Social processes are driven by our thresholds—which he defined as the number of people who need to be doing some activity before we agree to join them....You can’t just look at an individual’s norms and motives. You need to look at the group.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/10/19/thresholds-of-violence

Granovetter thought it was a mistake to focus on the decision-making processes of each rioter in isolation. In his view, a riot was not a collection of individuals, each of whom arrived independently at the decision to break windows. A riot was a social process, in which people did things in reaction to and in combination with those around them. Social processes are driven by our thresholds—which he defined as the number of people who need to be doing some activity before we agree to join them....You can’t just look at an individual’s norms and motives. You need to look at the group.

you know....like aggy.

25 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Prohibition is also off the table I hope. If not I need to head to the dispensary, stat.

How are we supposed to make any dough off of hooch if the feds don't prohibit it? Now jump on the running board, sonny, we're off to bribe the mayor.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

These people can't be reasoned with.

I have not seen my Trumper MIL this week but she used to show my wife and I Trump's signature as an example of great leadership. "Look how he signs things, it's incredible."

Methinks she is probably in that 52% group.

Edited by Gardner Barnes
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Had a Muslim posted that, he'd already be in jail.  So what are we waiting for with this guy?  We try to stop other terrorism before it occurs so why can't we also try to stop white nationalist terrorism before it occurs?

Nothing is happening because these people committed federal crimes and the federal government is controlled by a fascist president that is leading a fascist insurrection in America. 

This is why it's vitally important for the Biden administration to come in and immediately work towards squashing this insurrection. Trump and his participants in the insurrection like Ted Cruz and Hawley et al need to be arrested and tried for instigating this insurrection. All of these people that can be identified from the Capitol need to be arrested and tried. If this goes unpunished then it this will continue and potentially topple the American government if Trump or another insurrectionist is elected in 2024

• Fuck You 1