The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

You're probably right.  He's trying to tell people that it's a 1st Amendment issue.

Motherfucker could self-publish it tonight, and have millions in royalties coming in March.

His understanding of what the 1st Amendment says is as accurate as it would be if I said “the 2nd Amendment gives me the right to shoot Josh Hawley in the face.” Except that’s not his actual understanding. He knows that, which means he knows he’s lying.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Trump Concedes.....fuck you too late for this shit cunthair

I know he's reading, but this might be the 1st time he's sounded presidential. Was there a dog whistle in there that I missed? 

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

What a little bitch.  He has no future even if he’s not expelled from politics

He's got a future. It'll just be less stylish than he imagined. He'll go around the back 40 banging his drum, and somebody will shuffle in to listen, buy the tshirt, and maybe thumb through the self-published book. AM Radio will keep him out of that van down by the river.

I'm convinced based on video and pictures that many, possibly most, of the Capitol police were sympathetic to the rioters. I haven't researched the context of those images, so I'm open to having my mind changed, but it would be consistent with what we have seen recently from police. Put down Black protesters and their allies with extreme prejudice, but exercise caution when they are "patriots" waving confederate and trumper flags. I guess one was actually spooked and shot a lady, but the rest of them seem to have been treated like rowdy teenagers smoking on school grounds. "Move along you knuckleheads and I won't tell your parents."

Remind me to wear an American flag cape next time I rob a bank.

I’m behind on this thread, and while this has most likely been said, this bears repeating. Someone needs to tell this police officer that he , in fact, downplays terrorism:
The unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property in order to coerce or intimidate a government or the civilian population in furtherance of political or social objectives.

He’s a real peach.

https://news.wttw.com/2020/12/18/chicago-police-union-president-could-be-fired-over-social-media-posts

And that’s from BEFORE the quotes on Twitter.

Trump could’ve shot the man himself on 5th Ave and he wouldn’t lose any of his supporters. 

This. These people stormed the Capitol draped in Trump gear, lowered the US flag and replaced it with a Trump flag, and damn near a majority of Republicans support it. His approval will not dip below that 39-42 percent threshold. He is their god. They will literally die for him.

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This. These people stormed the Capitol draped in Trump gear, lowered the US flag and replaced it with a Trump flag, and damn near a majority of Republicans support it. His approval will not dip below that 39-42 percent threshold. He is their god. They will literally die for him.

Worse yet, they’ll kill for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

His understanding of what the 1st Amendment says is as accurate as it would be if I said “the 2nd Amendment gives me the right to shoot Josh Hawley in the face.” Except that’s not his actual understanding. He knows that, which means he knows he’s lying.

Yes. When he first came on people's radar, alarm bells started ringing. He was gaining momentum over the last couple of years. Folks paying attention could see he was the newer version of authoritarian leader without the same baggage and he is/was taking his shot. He bears continued watching.

40 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

He's got a future. It'll just be less stylish than he imagined. He'll go around the back 40 banging his drum, and somebody will shuffle in to listen, buy the tshirt, and maybe thumb through the self-published book. AM Radio will keep him out of that van down by the river.

He may be finished, he may go through a wash/rinse cycle and return. Heck, my district just elected Pete Sessions to Congress over a perfectly reasonable candidate.

I hope he doesn't go to radio; he's dangerous in that regard.

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

Point of order - People [not you but the youtube title] keep implying the gathering inside that tent was a riot watch party.  It was actually a riot incitement pregame party.

Ah that makes everything better

• Like 1

5 hours ago, staboner said:

exactly what we have all been saying for 4 fucking years. WTF are they waiting for. you can be more to the point and blunt without sounding like a dickhead, or using foul language. I don't fucking get it. say something worth a shit fuckheads

Go Pop Go! 

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hawley could take the manuscript, make sure it's in a Word document, cobble together a cover, and upload it to Amazon's Kindle Desktop Publishing program tonight, and in the morning, maybe sooner, people would be able to purchase the ebook version, as well as a print-on-demand version.  As long as he doesn't have a lot of images, he will have to do very little editing to have it ready.

But he's going to rage that nobody will publish his book.

And ironically, he'd get much more royalties-wise by self-publishing through Amazon.com, than he would through Simon and Schuster or whoever.

Wouldn't S-S have the right to sue him if he published something they owned the rights to?   Figuring them giving him an advance in exchange for said rights.

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If trump was taken under the denver airport, would someone tell me the password so I can drive down and take part in the festivities?

MAGA

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

9C2A9DBB-FD10-4F6A-B179-7BB1AE3E7751.jpeg

despicable cruz.jpg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1