The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

Just now, freyguy said:

This is a serious problem right?  

Well, yes it is. Apparently fraudulently elected ANTIFA members were lying about their part in a coup on Wednesday.

*ANTIFASCIST.

Except I'm being sarcastic.

It's a very big problem. We have police, former military, and elected officials violating oaths and committing sedition, vandalism, etc etc. It's a trajectory that we need to address but apparently America likes to ignore the large GOP elephant in the room when it makes doody or actively likes rolling around in crap.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

This. These people stormed the Capitol draped in Trump gear, lowered the US flag and replaced it with a Trump flag, and damn near a majority of Republicans support it. His approval will not dip below that 39-42 percent threshold. He is their god. They will literally die for him.

No fucking shit?  Really?

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Worse yet, they’ll kill for him.

Gee, you think?  For fuck's sake, this has all been known.  All of it.  By anyone with a lick of sense.

I mean, goddamn, if mouthbreather Rick fucking PERRY can figure it out, then it's pretty damned obvious:

55 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm sure some Perry staffer wrote this for him, but still incredible to read. 

The problem with Trump has never been his policies, his actions (those are just a side effect).  The problem is the man himself.  He is a poison, and we have ingested the whole bottle.  The next two weeks will tell us whether we live or die as a result of our stupid, stupid fucking action that even the enablers said at the time would kill us.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, Red Five said:

I keep asking that question. What was their ultimate goal here? Delaying the vote does nothing. 

They had pipe bombs, Molotov cocktails, guns, zip ties, nooses - and you don’t know what the goal was? They stormed the Capitol with the entire legislature inside!

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The problem with Trump has never been his policies, his actions (those are just a side effect).  The problem is the man himself.  He is a poison, and we have ingested the whole bottle.  The next two weeks will tell us whether we live or die as a result of our stupid, stupid fucking action that even the enablers said at the time would kill us.

it's interesting you comment that trump is a poison - lady G gave an interview to the Daily Show in March 2016 in which he described electing cruz as "drinking poison" and trump as "shooting yourself"

It's quite a fucking fall from grace. What a craven pussy

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

They had pipe bombs, Molotov cocktails, guns, zip ties, nooses - and you don’t know what the goal was? They stormed the Capitol with the entire legislature inside!

Again.....imagine they were muslims, with the exact same facts.  What would our national reaction be?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

Right. So, kill enough of them to where they can't certify the vote, and Trump gets to remain president? Or just pure chaos with no real plan like the Joker?

Just now, Red Five said:

Right. So, kill enough of them to where they can't certify the vote, and Trump gets to remain president? Or just pure chaos with no real plan like the Joker?

That was the plan.  Now, the aftermath hadn't been figured out, but sheeeeit, with the Man still President, details didn't matter.

Just now, Red Five said:

They had a fantasy where they were going to nab members of Congress (definitely including Pelosi), put them on "trial by the people," "convict" them of crimes against America, and execute them.

Again, I'm not making any of this up.  They wrote it down.  Repeatedly.  Then obtained materials to further their plan.  Then took physical action to execute it, violating numerous federal laws in the process.  This was a conspiracy putsch aiming to decapitate one of the three branches of our government.  Again, they WROTE IT DOWN.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Someone has been watching too many Marvel movies

Steve doocy and Brian kilmeade have to be two of the dumbest people in vet allowed on the air. And they are allowed to share their thoughts.  I used to have Fox and friends on as background noise in the morning way back when ED Hill was on with them, and early megyn. 

• Hook 'Em 1

They had a fantasy where they were going to nab members of Congress (definitely including Pelosi), put them on "trial by the people," "convict" them of crimes against America, and execute them.
Again, I'm not making any of this up.  They wrote it down.  Repeatedly.  Then obtained materials to further their plan.  Then took physical action to execute it, violating numerous federal laws in the process.  This was a conspiracy putsch aiming to decapitate one of the three branches of our government.  Again, they WROTE IT DOWN.
They published notes on fucking criminal conspiracy??!!
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Losing your book deal and having the Lincoln Project take aim at you in the same evening.

Bad day for Fancy Ted Cruz.

I am beginning to think Hawley fucked himself.   He was going to get away with it until the attacks on the Capitol. With mega donors turning against him, and Republicans in Missouri trashing the shit out of him, I think his career has peaked.  

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This, they told us what they were going to do. Also, among the people there were most likely some other folks blending in who had various agendas which may or may not have succeeded.

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Wasn't there some discussion that Trump/Rudy would declare martial law at some point if the Capitol were to become occupied?

The Insurrection Act was discussed as a possibility and thus, Trump encouraged an insurrection.

Alarming, because war with Iran was also on the table and that hasn't happened, so we got that going for us.

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I keep asking that question. What was their ultimate goal here? Delaying the vote does nothing. 

They were there to kill not to delay.  Restraints, loaded weapons, chemical weapons, pipe bombs, body armor.  They were not there to steal gavels and take selfies.  The ElizabethfromKnoxville types were there to witness it and thought nothing would happen to them.  The proud boys were there to fight and kill.  

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

I actually think there is a chance he’s done as well.  And that’s before the Lincoln Project really goes after him.    Him tweeting out about the dead cop cements it.   He loved pretending he had the tiger by the tail.  

Ummm, if Ted were 'encouraged' to step down, not that he would, but let's say he did: what is the procedure for his replacement? Biden appoints?

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Ummm, if Ted were 'encouraged' to step down, not that he would, but let's say he did: what is the procedure for his replacement? Biden appoints?

Governor appoints replacements so it would be Abbott. Special election would then be held to elect replacement to finish the term.

https://ballotpedia.org/Filling_vacancies_in_the_U.S._Senate

Edited by The Dog

11 hours ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

M Crowd is MiCocina restaurants.  Not to be all aggy, but boycotted their ass years ago when it came out they were big Trump donors.  Miss their margaritas, but fuck ‘em. 

That's fascinating.  While M Crowd is doing well in the restaurant biz, I'm surprised they have $10M lying  around to throw at politics.  Same with a lot of others on that list.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I actually think there is a chance he’s done as well.  And that’s before the Lincoln Project really goes after him.    Him tweeting out about the dead cop cements it.   He loved pretending he had the tiger by the tail.  

Man there's all sort of relevant anti-fascist quotes. Churchill comes to mind: "Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers from which they dare not dismount. And the tigers are getting hungry."

Cruz is gonna get eaten by his own for leaving them out to dry, and he's going to be a pariah for the rest of his life