The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

So Trump called Tubberville DURING the fucking riot when they were sheltering in place to tell him to delay the vote and add more states. Except the moron called the wrong senator who had to pass his phone to Tommy.

happened twice from Trump, the other was the leaked voicemail and then Rudy did it too.

So Trump called Tubberville DURING the fucking riot when they were sheltering in place to tell him to delay the vote and add more states. Except the moron called the wrong senator who had to pass his phone to Tommy.

I brought up Mississippi Burning this morning so it seems fitting to close with it this evening: Senator Tommy=Lester

I'm assuming Tuberville's phone isn't secure in any way.  So, Vlad and Sergie in the unmarked van on 14th street got a chuckle out of it.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/mike-lee-tommy-tuberville-trump-misdialed-capitol-riot/index.html

Reveal hidden contents

The second call to Lee came in at 7 p.m. ET from Giuliani. Lee did not answer the call so it went to voicemail. Lee's office confirmed to CNN that the voicemail was intended for Tuberville and the message left from Giuliani was very similar to one that another unnamed GOP senator received. The transcript of that call was published by the conservative outlet The Dispatch as well as the news blog emptywheel.

"Sen. Tuberville? Or I should say Coach Tuberville. This is Rudy Giuliani, the President's lawyer," he said according to to the transcript. 

"I'm calling you because I want to discuss with you how they're trying to rush this hearing and how we need you, our Republican friends, to try to just slow it down so we can get these legislatures to get more information to you," Giuliani said, referring to unfounded claims of voter fraud in the presidential election. 

"I know they're reconvening at 8 tonight, but it ... the only strategy we can follow is to object to numerous states and raise issues so that we get ourselves into tomorrow -- ideally until the end of tomorrow." 

Tuberville was unaware that Giuliani had tried to reach him until it was publicly reported, according to the source. 

Tuberville was likely seen by Trump and Giuliani as someone who could help further their cause on Wednesday, as he was among a group of six GOP senators who voted to sustain an objection raised against Arizona's electoral votes, which failed 93-6. 

CNN reported on Wednesday that even after Congress was reconvening that night following the riot, Trump was still urging senators to push ahead with the protest on the certification of Biden as President, according to a source familiar with the discussions.

Right I’m supposed to believe they could hear Rudy through all the farting at the other end 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/tommy-tuberville-wrong-number-trump-2021-1

Trump’s incompetence has saved us from his coup but might destroy us from his pandemic response 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I'm assuming Tuberville's phone isn't secure in any way.  So, Vlad and Sergie in the unmarked van on 14th street got a chuckle out of it.

No need for that. Trump records all his calls for Putin anyway. Putin will have to ramp back up his surveillance capacity next month. 

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

“Written by a woman who should be at home not bloviating about men’s stuff” will be the response of a lot of people sadly....

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Trump’s incompetence has saved us from his coup but might destroy us from his pandemic response 

Alternatively, he may engulf us in a civil war before we have the chance to die from the pandemic. That's just good leadership.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

We talked before about the Democratic Party needing to be much much more aggressive and speedy about framing the issue. They keep dragging their feet. The Atlantic talks about what the Republicans and Trump supporters put in that vacuum:

this is psych 101 - they are the biggest losers in the modern world (not a comment on right/wrong, just it) and therefore the only way to survive is continue to massage up a world around them where they are actually the victims. just basic human stupidity 101. 

I have a semi-acquaintance that I know through some various circles that has been trying to BUY A FUCKING 20 YEAR OLD RUSSIA WOMAN for the last 3 or 4 years and this motherfucker is up in arms because of 'media censorship'. first citation of this great atrocity on him and his people "twitter censoring Trump". as in what just fucking happened.

1 second memory with a fucking 10 cent head. permanent victimhood. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

I was going to read all the pages i missed today but this has enraged me too much not to post. 

Do these fucking seditious assholes know the words they are singing?  Two days ago they pulled the United States flag down from the Capitol flagpole and ran a Trump flag up it. They draped trump flags all over the place, they wore trump flags on their person. 
and now they congratulate each other for accomplishing nothing and sing that our flag is still there?

id have called them all fucking traitors that should be swinging for what they did, but I have the power of white privilege. That nice black lady probably did the safe thing by keeping quiet. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

This is fucking nuts-on accurate.  The only addition being that he be tried and found guilty of sedition or treason, sentenced to death, and spends the rest of his days in a formerly grandiose but long since neglected Uruguayan compound if we don’t stop him and execute his ass first. 

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

fuck, now I’m hooked. I’m gonna watch this guys whole trip thru the justice system.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7v4a8/jake-angeli-qanon-shaman-regrets-nothing

Jake Angeli, QAnon Shaman, Regrets Nothing

“No, I’m not worried at all,” said Angeli about being arrested in an interview with VICE News.

A bare-chested man adorned with face paint, a fur coat, and a viking-horned headdress was lording over one of the highest chambers of American political power. The images made clear that Wednesday afternoon’s coup attempt was more than an inept try at a government takeover—it was, self-consciously, a spectacle.

The man dubbed the “QAnon Shaman” is 32-year old Arizona native Jake Angeli, a now-infamous American icon and the face of the would-be QAnon coup who is wanted by law enforcement.

“No, I’m not worried at all,” said Angeli in an interview with VICE News about the prospect of being arrested. He said he had personally reached out to the FBI. “I contacted the FBI,” he said. “The investigator just wanted to know what the scoop was.”

Angeli, who is on his way back home to Arizona, said he has a meeting with agents in the works.

On Wednesday, when a mob of thousands stormed Capitol Hill—among them neo-Nazis, conspiracists and all manner of far-right extremists—Angeli was right in the thick of the invaders who illegally and violently entered Congress, sending senators and congresspeople into hiding. The day's violence would claim the lives of at least five people, including a woman who was shot by police entering Congress and a police officer who was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher.

But despite the bloodshed and widespread national shame over this week’s violence in Washington D.C., Angeli regrets nothing.

“I’m quite proud of my participation,” he said. “I’d like to think I was an observer of history being made right in front of me.”

On Thursday night President Trump, who directed his followers’ attempt to prevent Congress from validating the election win of President-elect Joe Biden, finally conceded.

“A new administration will be inaugurated on January 20," said the president in a televised address.

As for Angeli he plans on being in the nation’s capital for President-elect Biden’s inauguration on January 20, which has already been earmarked by far-right extremists as a date of protest.

“I would certainly like to be there,” he said. “I’m making plans to go but everything is in the making.”

FF8D4372-C127-4E34-8267-B63E08D55545.jpeg

Wait, Goat Boy is still free?  That's insane.

According to Rachel Maddow, Mitch McConnell said the Senate wouldn’t consider impeachment of Trump until Jan. 19. 

Also, Lisa Murkowski wants Trump to resign and said she might have to reconsider her membership in the Republican Party. Yeah, right, Lisa. You mean you grew a spine since you voted in favor of Trump during his sham impeachment trial a year ago?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

To be fair, I think there are two categories of "Trump supporters":

1.  TRUMPWASSENTBYGOD people

2.  QAnon people

It would not surprise me if group 2 was the more aggressive bunch in the riot.  I think that's causing some of the confusion.  

Ummm those are all the same people 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

According to Rachel Maddow, Mitch McConnell said the Senate wouldn’t consider impeachment of Trump until Jan. 19. 

Also, Lisa Murkowski wants Trump to resign and said she might have to reconsider her membership in the Republican Party. Yeah, right, Lisa. You mean you grew a spine since you voted in favor of Trump during his sham impeachment trial a year ago?

I don't think Murkowski is kidding.  Switching parties would give her a lot of influence and she is nothing if not shrewd.  It would give Schumer options when it comes to Manchin's vote on party line votes.

Edited by kevwun