The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

3 hours ago, Loather said:

...Think about how many conservatives there must be on this site. Where are they? You know...These folks are smart enough to keep their mouths shut... If your arguments are sound, why not engage and convince people? These folks are your neighbors, your family, they are Longhorn fans. 

...later...

This will be my last comment on this, it went just as expected. 

oh.my.god.🙄

the self-ownage is real and it's spectacular

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being ultra-liberal and 10 being ultra-conservative, I’m probably a 6.  The problem is that Trump came along and change the scale to 1-15, so it now appears that I lean left, when I’m pretty much the same guy I’ve always been.  I’ll vote for the people who are closest to my number, which means for the foreseeable future I’ll be voting for democrats, because any Republican less than a 12 will not make it out of a primary.  
This. I voted for W the first time. Then the right moved into radical right territory. Sensible gun restrictions had bipartisan support before all these massacres and was never changed via vote it just expired.

Now questioning if people with mental illness should be able to carry miltary grade weapons down any street to any place including the capitol is meant with hysterics- they will steal our guns!!!!
The right went full crazy.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Sounds like BearPigMan was finally arrested
Jacob Anthony Chansley, who allegedly was the man seen in photos dressed in horns, bearskin headdress and face paint, was taken into custody Saturday, according to the release. The Arizona man has been charged with knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, and with violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

Definitely antifa

I think I get a little of where Loather is trying to come from. But two days out from an attempted violent coup by the sitting President is a stupid time to try it, it’s just equivocating. I’ve stepped across that line here since then and owned up to it (I think).

Yes, you have to pay attention so that neither side is opportunistic. So far I haven’t seen it. And Twitter and the 1A have nothing to do with each other.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I said it up thread, but it is shocking to me how many right wing people simply don’t understand what the first amendment and censorship is. I can’t even wrap my head around it how much they don’t understand it. So at that point it makes me think it is willful. That doesn’t help your argument Loather. Who is being dishonest now?
They view the world though selfish prisms. I should be able to say whatever I want, fuck thier feelings, but people that I disagree with should not.

Same with the 2nd amendment. I should be able to carry any firearm anyplace I want, but if a black person dares the same they should be arrested because, thugs.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Cc: the current GOP

I would add the entirety of the Constitution. You can get through the whole thing over a big cup of coffee but I bet almost none of them have read it. There was nothing that the Trumpers could have done this week to change what was going to happen in Congress. They could have murdered everyone and burnt the Capitol to the ground and Biden would still be President.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Loather is verifying in real time how shallow the thinking of people like him are. 
they’ve decided that they are the majority, no room for discussion. Therefore, any space in which they do not have the majority opinion must be because they are being silenced. 

the truth is that they are not the majority by any measure, and that self selection rather than silencing is at play in most cases, including this thread. 

he may eventually catch enough negs to be crowd sourced, but that’s not being silenced because he will have said plenty in the meantime, and just like Lou sassle and fozz and others can simply register another username and continue on. 

Amazing that the so claimed majority has only won the Presidential popular vote once in the last 30 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

I would add the entirety of the Constitution. You can get through the whole thing over a big cup of coffee but I bet almost none of them have read it. There was nothing that the Trumpers could have done this week to change what was going to happen in Congress. They could have murdered everyone and burnt the Capitol to the ground and Biden would still be President.

Buzzrock, you are setting a record for this forum  Two consecutive posts that make perfect sense.  Please go to D.C. and straighten this damn mess out.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Now would be the time to point out the most re-occurring crime charged in the Russia Investigation was “Conspiracy to defraud the United States.” 

20 January 2021 1201 is the appropriate time to point out the most re-occuring crime charged in the Russia Investigation.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I agree. Any suggestions on what the average middle aged American citizen can do right now? I've called reps. What else? Marching on DC seems imprudent for a variety of reasons.

Do what you do everyday, go to work, love your children, and keep being a good Citizen. if you hear something fucked up, call the person out. Remind them of what the far right has done. Remind them they attacked an institution sacred to the majority of American Citizens. Tell them they are backing a side that will devastate the future of their Children. 

Remember a few weeks ago when Trump said life was good in Afghanistan? Well he was fucking wrong. Do we want to be Bolivia? Do we want to have a future that resembles Russia's future? This is what these bitch boys are fighting for so call them out. Do it citizen to citizen. And if you need back up, tell the FBI. Do not fuck around with Earl at APD. Go to the feds. This is all around us. We all know someone who thinks this was ok. Call them the fuck out. 

Active Citizenry is how we rebuild. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I think I get a little of where Loather is trying to come from. But two days out from an attempted violent coup by the sitting President is a stupid time to try it, it’s just equivocating. I’ve stepped across that line here since then and owned up to it (I think).

Yes, you have to pay attention so that neither side is opportunistic. So far I haven’t seen it. And Twitter and the 1A have nothing to do with each other.

A culture of free speech is generally a social good. I have bristled at times over tech companies deplatforming unpopular ideas even if it's their legal right. It's good to openly and honestly discuss differing viewpoints. Openly and honestly being the key words.

Terrorism is a complete disengagement from a culture of free speech. Attempting to violently overthrow the government, taking elected representatives hostage, and murdering police officers aren't valid contributions to the marketplace of ideas; neither is planning and encouraging those actions through terrorist propaganda. 

We need a variety of perspectives on difficult issues like the role of the federal government in COVID response. These perspectives are valuable even if they ultimately don't win out. The debate adds value when everyone is intellectually engaged. We need small government perspectives to challenge for better approaches. Homer Simpson once mooned for rebuttal. If only we could be so genteel and studious.  

That many conservatives seem unable to disentangle violence with their other values is a pretty strong indictment of their intellectual foundations. If silencing terrorists is silencing conservatism, that speaks volumes about conservatism.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Amazing that the so claimed majority has only won the Presidential popular vote once in the last 30 years.

But what you libs don't understand if this is a democratic republic by GOD and if the Founders intended for your vote to count equally as a voter in Wyoming, they would have done so. Tyranny of the majority and stuff ya know?

• Haha 1

The American Exceptionalism bullshit is so true. These stupid fucks think we're the best because we win basketball games at the Olympics and we have a huge military. 

Cyber Warfare: *crickets*

Cyber defense: not great bob

Healthcare & Education: #27

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-ranks-27th-for-healthcare-and-education-2018-9

Infrastructure: #13

https://www.statista.com/statistics/264753/ranking-of-countries-according-to-the-general-quality-of-infrastructure/#:~:text=The graph shows a ranking,United States were ranked 13th.

Economic Size: #1

Economic Stability: #15

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/slideshows/the-10-most-economically-stable-countries-ranked-by-perception

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Buzzrock, you are setting a record for this forum  Two consecutive posts that make perfect sense.  Please go to D.C. and straighten this damn mess out.

He was in the GA Senate thread talking about how he didn’t care, while posting details of what he saw in Georgia the day of the election in regards to lines. 

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

But what you libs don't understand if this is a democratic republic by GOD and if the Founders intended for your vote to count equally as a voter in Wyoming, they would have done so. Tyranny of the majority and stuff ya know?

Why is Wyoming always the example instead of say New Hampshire?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The American Exceptionalism bullshit is so true. These stupid fucks think we're the best because we win basketball games at the Olympics and we have a huge military. 

Cyber Warfare: *crickets*

Cyber defense: not great bob

Healthcare & Education: #27

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-ranks-27th-for-healthcare-and-education-2018-9

Infrastructure: #13

https://www.statista.com/statistics/264753/ranking-of-countries-according-to-the-general-quality-of-infrastructure/#:~:text=The graph shows a ranking,United States were ranked 13th.

Economic Size: #1

Economic Stability: #15

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/slideshows/the-10-most-economically-stable-countries-ranked-by-perception

Yeah but have you seen our numbers for incarceration rates, drug overdoses, gun violence deaths, and cost of protection from financial ruin due to medical bills?  

I’m pretty sure we’re number one in all those. 

We also have the most billionaires so it’s basically a wash. 

How many "Conservatives" have ever read the SCOTUS opinion on Roe vs Wade?

Let's throw out "Christianity" and the moral majority for a moment. And, well, misogyny.

I honestly do not understand why the GOP isn't willing to die to protect that opinion and 14th amendment to privacy rights. Thats a whole new thread though. Maybe I'm just dumb.

But those seditious sons of bitches expect a private company to enable a coup?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This. 100% this. 

People need to stop sliding into the comfortable illusion that this was just some goofy spontaneous riot. These “rioters” planned this. They flew in and drove in and bussed in from all over the country. They dubbed themselves “patriots” and declared their intent to stop Congress from performing its constitutional duty. They had a list of congressmen they were hunting inside the Capitol. 

This was not some rabble of drunken Ohio State fans spilling out of the stadium and flipping a few cars. This was an orchestrated coup attempt, planned in advance with a specific intent. And it will almost certainly happen again at the inauguration. And then any other fucking time these whiny titty babies feel Congress isn’t catering to their silly needs. The precedent has been set, these morons feel emboldened, and it will happen again and again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Man was I wrong.  I didn’t worry too much when Trump was elected.  I thought that our system was robust and resilient enough to minimize the impact of an idiot blowhard in the role of Chief Executive.  Turns out a whole lot of damage can be done by repeatedly going hard into the guardrails.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

...so if private entities want to go no shirt, no shoes, no gotdam sense, no service, that's just fine.

I have a question for the lawyers on this board: Suppose a nefarious administration considered a social media company too conservative or liberal, and they used the power of the state via the IRS or other agencies to discretely harass or intimidate the company, sponsors (if any), or advertisers.

Is there a tipping point where such, or similar, state action or intimidation against a non-state entity could be considered state censorship?

4 hours ago, Loather said:

Ok, so let me be clear on this

Trump and Ted Cruz should be silenced. But Mitt Romney is ok, at least for now. Got it. You guys must be really wise to discern who warrants censorship and who is safe. I absolutely trust your call on this. Better yet, lets just let an anonymous bureaucrat somewhere decide. Nothing could go wrong with that. 

Actually this explains why “conservatives” don’t post here anymore.  You have decided not to argue your side, instead choosing to ascribe positions to the people you are talking to that they never took, making illogical leaps to places no one of good will would go and refusing to have a good faith discussion.

You want to talk in good faith about things I disagree with, I’ll do that with you all day. Most of the people you are claiming won’t debate stuck around here through 4 sites specifically because the debate was so good for so long. somewhere along the way the “conservative” side got less and less willing to debate their ideas and more and more fixated on debating  unreality. when you aren’t debating opinions based on reality at some point you have to expect the other side isn’t going to continue to humor you. 

so come back and debate us on the facts. You’ll find you can have a good, rational conversation where maybe we can both learn something. Until then don’t be surprised when your fantasy world gets laughed at. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Rage

Trust me, after all the free beers he gets on his first night back in Arkansas, he'll last be seen climbing up over the spillway of a dam, buck nekkid, a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a lit stick of dynamite in the other, hollering "HEY Y'ALL, WATCH THIS."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Rage

I'm hoping charges will be added or ammended because this just makes no sense. Again, where I practice commerical burglary (breaking into any non-residential building to commit a crime) carries a maximum of 3 years. They give that to people who break into warehouses to steal wire and shit.

41 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

SIAP but this is a must read.

I had the dumb luck of turning this on right in the middle. After his long list of bullshit examples of fraud, state by state, the crowd chanted they loved him. Shortly after, Trump said (paraphrasing), that when someone commits fraud, rules no longer apply, you can do whatever it takes to fix it. I guffawed and turned it off at that point. I think that Twitter thread picks up right about there. 

4 hours ago, Loather said:

Ok, so let me be clear on this

Trump and Ted Cruz should be silenced. But Mitt Romney is ok, at least for now. Got it. You guys must be really wise to discern who warrants censorship and who is safe. I absolutely trust your call on this. Better yet, lets just let an anonymous bureaucrat somewhere decide. Nothing could go wrong with that. 

Silenced? Executed is more like it. That decision shall be made by a jury of their peers in accordance with law.

Your description has a particularly Trumpy brand of truthiness. Heroes being silenced by anonymous bureaucrats! I'm four hours late on responding to this post, but add my voice to those who have asked how are Trump and Cruz being silenced? Being banned from sitting on your toilet behind a locked door and typing out notes on social media is not exactly being silence. Hell, you can even still fart!

There is a thing called "yourself." Go find that thing. When you do, fuck it. Hard.

• Hook 'Em 1