The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

We needed a hero in there. He should be applauded. He must now be protected. 

Absofuckinglutely. He and his fam can live in my house. Won't be the first time we brought someone in. 

He, and men and women like him, will keep our Union alive. We just need to have their backs and keep calling out the assholes. Push them underground. They will fuck up. One will talk, and then you get em. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

The Q types are essentially a self sustaining machine now. "Q" hasn't made a post since I believe December 8th. Trump basically said "come to DC for a rally on the 6th!" and went back to livetweeting Fox and Friends. They organized this shit and everything else they've been doing themselves. They're radicalizing themselves. They don't need one central unifying figure anymore, they just cycle through new people to fill that role every few weeks and then when a particular person isn't doing it for them anymore they discard that person and pick someone new. 

Perhaps but they are also dumb. They are going to plan stuff, they are going to get popped for planning now that they don’t have an enabler in office, and once a few get popped the rest of them are going to crawl back in their hole. I suspect the Dems are going to win big in the midterms because Republicans will still be suffering a trump hangover. Fully expect to see at least a few more terrorist attacks before we get this group under control though. 

"in their hole" is what scares me. See, you cannot get them under control. You can never get ISIS under control since it is virtual. All you can do is walk straight everyday as a good human, and if you know something speak. Only way we win is through education. It took 2 generations to get to a concept that throwing a beer can on the highway was bad. First was littering, the second was drunk driving. Folks, its complicated, but it is not hard. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Fire ants aren't going away. Neither are right wing terrorists. The best you can hope to accomplish is to keep them at a tolerable level. The problem is we decided way back some years ago to disregard the mound of evidence that these fuckers were serious if dumb, though not all of them, and disbanded the program to keep an eye on them.

Because that's some of the R base and a fit was pitched and we can't have that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LongestHorn said:

ArmyTimes is covering all manner of military members discovered to have stormed the Capitol.  Not exactly a liberal news source.

It's pretty clear that a subset of those who got inside were better trained than the average Gravy Seal.  That's not saying the military was behind it, but a lot of those guys were trained.  

7 minutes ago, LongestHorn said:

Crazy ass 1st Group Special Forces PSYOPS under investigation 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/article/Army-investigating-officer-who-led-group-to-15860421.php

CSB time. The chinook unit I was in at Bragg flew some birds down to Honduras after hurricane mitch back in the late 90s. Humanitarian mission, ferrying supplies all over, that sort of thing. Soto Cano was the hub for everything, international supplies were flown in, seabees and other engineering units staged there before heading out to repair and build shit. We parked our birds on the old part of the base because there was no room for us anywhere else, which happened to be where Ollie North used to work out of. (CSB inside a CSB).

There was also a tiny little slice element of a psyops unit that showed up. They were there to capture raw human suffering to use in interrogations. Women screaming over their dead babies, kids wailing without parents, the whole nine. The people that do that work are... special. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

This is the man identifying many of the traitors

John Scott-Railton is a Senior Researcher at The Citizen Lab. His work focuses on technological threats civil society, including targeted malware operations, cyber militias, and online disinformation. His greatest hits include a collaboration with colleague Bill Marczak that uncovered the the systematic use of Pegasus spyware to target civil society in several countries, including Mexico and the UAE. Pegasus is developed by the Israeli cyber-warfare company NSO Group and sold exclusively to governments. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Born to Run said:

I would honestly like to understand your hate for Carter

Nixon is easy to understand and I've read all about Laos and Se Asia. Horrible and senseless.

I don't hate W, I hate how he was manipulated. Those paintings of veterans he does are obvious atonement for sins he's well aware of. I imagine he has a lot of sleepless nights.

Well said.

Daniel Dale said the crying patriot in the airport video was mad about being forced to wear a mask, not being on the no-fly list. Said the original Tik Tok post was about a mask. Probably true because I don't think he'd be all the way to the gate and still walking around freely if he was on a no-fly list.

9 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Daniel Dale said the crying patriot in the airport video was mad about being forced to wear a mask, not being on the no-fly list. Said the original Tik Tok post was about a mask. Probably true because I don't think he'd be all the way to the gate and still walking around freely if he was on a no-fly list.

snowflake level: Jedi

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

During the insurrection, I recall watching the video of this man confronting the mob alone and performing a controlled retreat. Alone. I was frightened about how the video might end. Given a few moments to consider it, I wondered about the odds of his surviving had he been rushed by a White Supremicist mob. 

Now I see he was not only courageous but also brilliant and essential. You don't see many people like this. When the Medal of Freedom regains its meaning, he is first in line. If he wants the job, put him in charge of the Capitol Police. 

That's a great man. A great man.

Yes.  There's video of the whole thing.  I posted it yesterday.  At the very beginning of the video, with a crowd of white rioters screaming at him, he shoves one of them.  He then runs up some stairs, and then away from the Senate chamber, while radioing his location, so that they are met by Capitol police away from the chamber.

He deserves the Medal of Freedom. The real one.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Imagine if all police had his gift for de-escalation?  How much better off the world would be?  He quickly changed the course of the day with some very quick situational awareness.  Whereas other Capitol Police officers apparently decided to play Docent for the Day and show armed terrorists around the building with a smile.  

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Yea, I knew the wifi broadcasts to all the APs would get sniffed, I didnt even think about femtocells or BT beacons.  The anti-science crowd is about to hate science a lot more.  

Would they be able to pinpoint locations accurately enough to see who was in the immediate vicinity of the murdered cop, when he was attacked?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm gonna need a link for that.

https://nysba.org/new-york-state-bar-association-launches-historic-inquiry-into-removing-trump-attorney-rudy-giuliani-from-its-membership/

And here it is.

Unfortunately, the NYSBA is a voluntary bar that does not govern admission to practice or license to practice in New York state.

It's a good start, I suppose.  But this is like getting kicked out of the Rotary Club.

Edited by TwiceHorn

7 hours ago, LongestHorn said:

ArmyTimes is covering all manner of military members discovered to have stormed the Capitol.  Not exactly a liberal news source.

www.armytimes.com

This brightens my day. Organizations exposing and expelling their MAGA traitors is a solid sign and statement. Hear! Hear!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

"So far, at least 90 people have been arrested on charges ranging from misdemeanor curfew violations to felonies related to assaults on police officers, possessing illegal weapons and making death threats against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

Among them was Lonnie Leroy Coffman, 70, an Alabama grandfather who drove to Washington to attend Trump’s “Save America Rally” in a red GMC Sierra pickup packed with an M4 assault rifle, multiple loaded magazines, three handguns and 11 Mason jars filled with homemade napalm, according to court filings.

The truck was found during a security sweep involving explosives-sniffing dogs after two pipe bombs were found and disarmed Wednesday near the national headquarters of the Republican and Democratic parties. Coffman was arrested that evening when he returned to the truck carrying a 9mm Smith & Wesson handgun and a .22-caliber derringer pistol in his pockets. Federal officials said Coffman is not suspected of planting the pipe bombs, though he was charged with having Molotov cocktails in the bed of his truck.

His grandson, Brandon Coffman, told the AP on Friday his grandfather was a Republican who had expressed admiration for Trump at holiday gatherings. He said he had no idea why Coffman would show up in the nation’s capital armed for civil war."

https://apnews.com/article/us-capitol-trump-supporters-1806ea8dc15a2c04f2a68acd6b55cace

Yeah, it's a mystery all right.  I have no idea why this 70 year-old man thought he was going to need an assault rifle, three handguns, and 11 mason jars filled with napalm. It's a real head scratcher.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

Would they be able to pinpoint locations accurately enough to see who was in the immediate vicinity of the murdered cop, when he was attacked?

I dont believe so, BT beaconing is 1-3ish meters accurate.  It will be good for evidence against all the idiots claiming they didn't enter the capitol, maybe even specific rooms/areas, but I would think that would be it.  I would think they have plenty of video evidence for that.  It may take a lot longer to sift through, but the FBI has nothing but time.  

2 hours ago, Bartles said:

These are the same idiots who used to hold up TSA lines screaming about fourth amendment violations. 

I fucking hate people. 

I'd honestly take my chances with Barry Zuckerkorn or Bob Loblaw than Lin Wood, Sidney Powell, and Rudy Giuliani

At least with Barry, you have a chance at getting the right Four Seasons.  

But as somebody pointed out when I pondered on another thread how is it that a guy who has worked in New York real estate for 50 years and is now President of the United States has the absolutely much comically incompetent crew of personal and campaign attorneys?  I guess you get what you pay for, and he doesn't pay his legal bills, and as such is stuck with this rag-tag crew of unethical, soon-to-be-disbarred morons.  It's like they're trying to find new and interesting ways to fuck up.  

10 minutes ago, TornACL said:

These are the same idiots who used to hold up TSA lines screaming about fourth amendment violations. 

I fucking hate people. 

If these people claim to love America so much, they should drive through every American shithole on their way from Alabama to DC or Wyoming to DC and hand out their money to local businesses along the way. Instead of giving money to AA, United, Southwest, McDonalds in the airport, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Watch Pompeo, He knows all the secrets and thinks like a Borgia. He will be around a bit. 

If the coup had been successful, Pompeo would have been next in the line of succession.  This assumes the VP, Speaker, and Senate pro temp were taken out. All of who were in the building at the time.

• Rage+1 2