The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Once trump is finally removed from office at least 95 percent of the problem goes away immediately. The rest can be dealt with accordingly, but not until he’s gone. 

The fact that 33% of this country believes that Trump being gone is a fraudulent outcome is quite a bit more than 5% of the problem.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just listening so I don't know who this is, but a woman on MSNBC talking now about how her sources in the DOD say that they won't be able to defend the White House, if enough people come at it from every side. Gulp. 

I would think enough snipers would do the trick pretty quickly, but what do I know.

Just now, Red Five said:

Just listening so I don't know who this is, but a woman on MSNBC talking now about how her sources in the DOD say that they won't be able to defend the White House, if enough people come at it from every side. Gulp. 

I would think enough snipers would do the trick pretty quickly, but what do I know.

The zergling rush can be difficult to counter.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Once trump is finally removed from office at least 95 percent of the problem goes away immediately. The rest can be dealt with accordingly, but not until he’s gone. 

I don't share this optimism at all.  There is a systemic rot much deeper than Trump. 

And with all due respect to Brisket, he wasn't the only one who saw this coming.   He's just much more articulate about it.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

1 World War Z Gifs - Gif Abyss

Edit to say: If $700 billion in defense spending renders you unable to defend the seat of government from LARPing insurance brokers, I assume all 50 states could be under foreign control in about an hour?

Edited by Foosters
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, 6th Street said:

Any of you DFW area folks know this crazy realtor?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9133935/Texas-woman-took-private-jet-MAGA-rally-caught-video-INSIDE-Capitol.html

First she denies being inside the Capitol despite live streaming herself in there while yelling "in the name of Jesus!"

She is a piece of work.  Check out the "tracking the traitors" thread (or whatever it's called).  She suspended her Twitter for about 12 hours after penelopewitherspoon hurt her fee fees, and then turned it back on (presumably in a drunken stupor) and has been posting Q bullshit nonstop ever since.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yeah, Laura Branigan was a piece of ass back in the day.  Never liked her music but what a fox.  

Also, can one of you 2A Trumpers tell me what the fuck is the deal with the shitty trigger discipline at your rallies/parades/riots?  I get that you need to bring semi-automatic rifles to the events to seem tough...but why do y'all keep your index fingers over the triggers.  Just get your hand off the weapon.  You can walk around with it slung, but why keep your hand there.  Nothing is happening.  Nobody needs you.  You need the weapon, I get that and accept it as a 2A supporter myself. But just take your hand away, I don't care how good you think your trigger discipline is, you look beyond stupid.  Good lord you fucking idiots, I've seen kids at Lazer Tag places who can get their hand on their trigger from down at their sides... faster with less fumbling.  You can't find the trigger without looking.... unless your finger is on it constantly?    I found your wife's g-spot with my finger in half the time....and in the dark.

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I mean isn't that true for any place in the world. Theoretically there is a maximum number of people security forces can stop at any protected place. 

The inauguration will be 1,000,000 times worse than last week if they don’t lock down DC airtight.  The Trumpkins get more desperate and radicalized with the passing of each event that they’re promised will undo the election and that of course doesn’t.  They’re going to view that as the true last stand, and Biden will be there this time.
If it weren’t for the terrible symbolism of letting terrorists force us to change our institutions, I’d say they should have the inauguration in a secure location without a crowd.  It would help avoid a Covid superspreader event, too, but at this point you probably have to have it in the open and make sure it goes smoothly just so these whack jobs won’t feel emboldened that they’re winning. 

Between this and COVID inauguration should just not be open to the public. Have it at the Capitol, put it on live TV, do all that. But no civilians within rifle distance. Basically an NFL game.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Yeah, you don't realize how slick the production is at Fox or CNN (or "The Apprentice") until you click over to OAN.  Everything looks and sounds incredibly amateurish, doesn't it?

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I don't share this optimism at all.  There is a systemic rot much deeper than Trump. 

And with all due respect to Brisket, he wasn't the only one who saw this coming.   He's just much more articulate about it.

Seriously, I'm surprised that so many didn't see it coming.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lagunamadre said:

I mean isn't that true for any place in the world. Theoretically there is a maximum number of people security forces can stop at any protected place. 

I didn't get the sense it was some theoretical number. More like the same number of people we saw last week. 

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Has anyone been watching Newsman or OAN? Just wondering their take now.

I went to Texags last night. Any person saying the riot was anything like what we actually saw with our own eyes on TV is shouted down. Trump is still beloved.

The Aggies supported sedition, insurrection, and treason while we effeminate Longhorns sipped tea on the porch calling the police.

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Between this and COVID inauguration should just not be open to the public. Have it at the Capitol, put it on live TV, do all that. But no civilians within rifle distance. Basically an NFL game.

From my understanding, the Biden campaign and DC is telling the public to stay home.  There are no tickets for Congress to hand out to constituents.  It's being limited to Reps and Senators with one guest each. 

24 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm responding to an old post, but carry on like this and it's neg city. The news has covered and shown gallows & nooses as well as reporting that weapons were in the building. Screening was made impossible. Blunt instruments were used to smash solid windows and batter through doors. Plenty of ICDs (improvised cudgel devices) were available.

Other evidence? A Secret Service agent thought the threat so valid that he shot a rioter trying to crawl through a window despite warning. Video of the mob heave-hoing against a door crushing a policeman as a group of police tried to stop them. Exactly how would you read the intention of such a mob? 

"We're just here to remind the Honorable Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi that she works for all the people! We're just chanting, hang Mike Pence in the manner of playful chiding our good friend the Honorable Vice President of the United States. You can count on us to not harm anyone after we smash windows and doors, kill a cop, and state we want to kill an elected official! Huzzah for the Red, White, and Blue, my good friends and fellow citizens."

Having written that, even knowing it would have been worse for the country, I wish the whole crowd had been hosed with heavy machine gun .50 caliber rubber bullets or bayoneted by a double column of Marines. Fuck these assholes. I am glad that the report that they could be arrested later has shown to be more realistic than I imagined while watching. Cell phone numbers and photos plus the FBI restores my faith that justice will be done.

As for your absurd questions: Watch the fucking news or, better, read some of it.

My questions were answered by others on this board.

I am informed on all of the info available on the news and was aware of and agree with all the info you posted.  The "news" is good for a primer and a few headlines only , which is why I come here and why I sought a more in depth and specific answer or informed speculation.  I did not seek any proof or evidence of which there is already plenty to implicate the "participants" and others including Trump and others on up and down the chain.

You seem to think that I was somehow trying to minimize the impact of the actions of those involved by throwing some doubt as to their intentions and means and perhaps it came off that way to some, but obviously not all posters responded as you have.  That was not my intention but I did realize at the time I wrote my original post that it might encounter some knee jerk responses.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I've got OAN on now for shits and giggles.    It's like a combination of the high school AV club news special with Omaha's Channel 7 News Crew B Team. 

They just referred to Wednesday as a "march on the Capitol."  

Tom Segura interviewed Andrew Yang on one of his podcasts about a month or so ago and they were talking about a lot of the rot in today's media.  Tom was making fun of OAN and how he has a podcast where he and his wife just watch crazy internet videos with their friends and it has far superior production value to their amateur hour news station.

I've personally never watched it other than clips that have been posted online.  It's either not on Dish or it's not where all the other cable news channels are in the lineup.

Edited by Tom

5 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

grape shot or cannister rounds, then a bunch of dudes carrying tactical pumps with 00 Buck. 

claymores in trees. Fire them when drones show they have passed a certain point. This is not hard. Would suck, but easily doable. A few Gatling guns, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

claymores in trees. Fire them when drones show they have passed a certain point. This is not hard. Would suck, but easily doable. A few Gatling guns, etc. 

Land mines. Then after all of this is over, those imprisoned can get a commuted sentence for agreeing to sweep the grounds.

5 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Seriously, I'm surprised that so many didn't see it coming.

They did see it coming. We all saw it coming.  It was the ‘admitting as a nation that what your eyes are seeing and ears are hearing is problematic’ part that we couldn’t master. Largely because of virulent propaganda that became entrenched over decades.  Better deal with the poisonous well that folks keep drinking from or nothing changes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Good friend of mine was a huge fan of the "boom goes the dynamite" guy, and it was his (my buddy's) 40th b-day. 

So I looked up the dynamite guy, and he was working as a news reporter somewhere.  He sent me an autographed head shot that said, "Happy 40th, (my friend).  Boom Goes the Dynamite!"  It was a pretty cool thing for Brian to own his infamous moment of disaster.  

For those too young to even remember:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/boom-goes-the-dynamite

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

This is kinda fascinating and unexpected in a macabre way.

Why are they doing this? Guilt? Shame?

Probably not looking forward to having to shoot off-duty cops when they next try to overthrow the government.

I kid. Kinda.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

There is video of those fucks refusing to wear masks indoors. Is she or anyone dies, can the be charged with manslaughter?

Can they be charged? I have an idea. When Biden is in office, let's have a week declared "Do Unto GOPs as they would do unto you" Week. Let's lock them all in the COVID ICU without masks or turn them over to a hateful mob bent on violence and likely murder. Their choice.

Then charge the survivors with treason under regular law. I'll serve as one of the required two witnesses. I saw it all on the TV.

edit: Oh! And since non-GOP murderous mobs are hard to come by, we can tell the convicted GOP/MAGA insurrectionists that they can cut a year off their sentences if they can break through two doors and kill any GOPs that are there. They will be allowed the weapons available Jan 6, so, according to Jiggy Z, the odds are excellent no harm will come to them.

Okay, time for Roma to take a Clonazapem.

Edited by RomaVicta

6 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

This is kinda fascinating and unexpected in a macabre way.

Why are they doing this? Guilt? Shame?

Yeah, this is really strange. Riot police have endured a lot, but this one in particular is causing ptsd to suicidal rates? I'm still sticking to my unsubstantiated conspiracy theory that the police were paid off by trump and his people to allow entry. This smells of guilt rather than ptsd.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Land mines. Then after all of this is over, those imprisoned can get a commuted sentence for agreeing to sweep the grounds.

landmines? Nah, one or two always get forgotten and left behind. At least claymores can be directed and if not fired easy to recover. 

38 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Gatling gun.

Edited by Biff Tannen
spelling
  • Hook 'Em 1

I feel that January 6th has really cleared up everything. 

If any armed "protestors" rush a single one of the state capitol buildings at their organized "rallies" prior to January 20th, law enforcement should shoot them. Smoke them out or whatever first, but if they keep coming, shoot them down. Rubber bullets, real ammo, whatever they feel is necessary. Anyone willing to attempt a coup after January 6th is a clear and present danger. 

Biden's administration will need to simply treat these people as American ISIS until they are defeated. FBI/DHS are gonna be busy for a while. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, this is really strange. Riot police have endured a lot, but this one in particular is causing ptsd to suicidal rates? I'm still sticking to my unsubstantiated conspiracy theory that the police were paid off by trump and his people to allow entry. This smells of guilt rather than ptsd.

The attacks against police at other riots like the BLM ones are somewhat overplayed, and the attacks at this riot are still underplayed, imo. The cops on Wednesday either got the shit kicked out of them for an entire afternoon or stood aside like cowards and let the mob run past them. At any other protest, you don't see 4 cops trying to hold a 20 ft wide barricade, and you see tear gas deployed when the barricade is approached.

• Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

The zergling rush can be difficult to counter.

Nonsense. It is only hard to counter if you don't know its coming. If it has been scouted, or in this case announced by your opponent repeatedly in all caps, you simply wall off your main/natural and build a few defensive units. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Uh, no they don't.   The problems with this country are far worse than a lot of us realized.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Wouldn’t you think that after the first 30 - 40 get shot, the rest would run? I’m talking about the rest of the traitors staring down the real military. How many would stay?

Yea, this entire discussion is based around a response (or more accurately, the lack of one) that matches what happened at the capitol.  The SS uses an entirely different playbook.  I don't think anyone would get past the fountain on the north lawn in one piece.  I'm sure they have access to the full arsenal of our military, and a MK-19 is a hell of a terrain denial / mobs of people clearing weapon.