The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Indeed.

No violence transpired in 2020.  and none of it was against the  government.

Scrapping with local police and throwing rocks and frozen water bottles and fireworks at federal buildings in your local area is not in the same ballpark as what happened at the Capitol last Wednesday. It ain’t in the same league. It ain’t even the same fucking sport

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Never really realized how there wasn't any security at all in airport terminals. 

I'll be honest, I'm actually a bit surprised and disappointed that there aren't more people attempting to defend some of these reps against these fat mother fucking bullies. Not asking them to assault them but some form of blocking them off.

The whole pandemic thing probably makes people even more reticent. 

I'd like to think in a similar situation I'd at least stand with/stand my ground with someone who was being assaulted at the airport.

It's group mentality. Most people would not be so emboldened to get in someone's face just on their own. For most people, it takes quite a bit to pull down that social barrier and act outside of it. That barrier is quickly eroded when you have a group because it normalized the behavior. It's not out of the realm of possibility for someone to step in and stand up to those people, but it's an individual against a group now which is far more difficult than one person spouting off at another.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

There is a theory afoot that McConnell, Pence and Graham (and possibly some other Repubs and even Schumer and other Dems) planned this whole fiasco. It was a trap designed to utterly destroy Trump and discredit Trumpism. The Cap police answer to Congress, meaning McConnell, so the part about Sund being declined extra cops makes sense in the context of this conspiracy theory. It also would take down Hawley and Cruz (who is loathed by his own party; not sure about Hawley's standing within the GOP) and it would simply slake their thirst for vengeance. Yes, Lindsey has played the company man for the last four years, but there is no reason to believe he enjoyed it. Trump wrecked McConnell's majority on top of all the other shit he's pulled.

Lmao at that Lib/Never Trump fanfic

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

THEY are what's happening in this country.

Also, this from that young, handsome representative in a wheelchair with a Nazi fetish:

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) last month urged the crowd at a conservative gathering to “lightly threaten” lawmakers ahead of the certification of the presidential election results.

Cawthorn, speaking at a Turning Point USA event on Dec. 21, said he would help raise money for primary challengers to Republicans who don’t join the right-wing effort the subvert the will of the voters.

According to The Charlotte Observer, he told the crowd: 

“Call your congressman and feel free, you can lightly threaten them and say, you know what, if you don’t start supporting election integrity, I’m coming after you, Madison Cawthorn is coming after you, everybody’s coming after you.” 

The comments are drawing renewed attention after last week’s deadly violence as supporters of President Donald Trump attacked the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to stop Congress from certifying President-elect Joe Biden’s victory. 

The freshman lawmaker also spoke at the rally that preceded the attack, where he denounced his House colleagues as “cowards,” lied about the election results and declared: “Wow, this crowd has some fight in it” shortly before the mob engaged in actual fighting at the Capitol.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/madison-cawthorn-lightly-threaten-congress_n_5ffd12a3c5b691806c4be467

17 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Scrapping with local police and throwing rocks and frozen water bottles and fireworks at federal buildings in your local area is not in the same ballpark as what happened at the Capitol last Wednesday. It ain’t in the same league. It ain’t even the same fucking sport

pulp fiction hamburger GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

How are they even allowed on the grounds of the Capitol carrying sidearms at this point?

We haven't banned guns on Capitol grounds yet.
I wouldn't worry too much though, there's a lot of steps in the Capitol; I don't see these guys getting very far.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Situations like this are why I’m still agnostic on the death penalty.  I appreciate those that want to abolish it and I’d be fine doing that but also, nazis need to die.  I’m conflicted. 

Yeah I'm normally against it, but it's pretty fucking clear that it was an enormous mistake letting traitors back into public life after the civil war.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And that is when we will learn which master they serve: the Rule of Law, or the Rule of Trump.

There is basically ONE GUY - Mitt Romney - who has not put Trump before:

1) Constitution / Rule of Law

2) the Good of the Country

3) their own political party

4) fucking anything else

The Republicans in Congress are, by definition, fascists. If not all, definitely the ones who objected to the election certification.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Grandioso said:

There is basically ONE GUY - Mitt Romney - who has not put Trump before:

1) Constitution / Rule of Law

2) the Good of the Country

3) their own political party

4) fucking anything else

The Republicans in Congress are, by definition, fascists. If not all, definitely the ones who objected to the election certification.  

I disagree, I think they are simply using what they have to keep lining their own pockets. If there was a more charismatic option available, they would abandon Trump faster than Graham can change his opinion. 

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

I'll be honest, I'm actually a bit surprised and disappointed that there aren't more people attempting to defend some of these reps against these fat mother fucking bullies. Not asking them to assault them but some form of blocking them off.

Because they don't want to be doxxed and harassed by qanon/Trumpanzees.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

The drop-off in air travel from Dos Equis Man wannabees to Springer Show rejects during my lifespan has been a thing of wonder.

Seriously, you will find more manners and upbringing in a bus station now than you will in an airport.

Covid has sped that up like nothing else.  Getting rid of business travel and lowering fares has attracted the rubes to airports like flies to shit.  I've always thought flying private was a pretty big waste of fucking money but it's starting to look like a prudent move.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bojack said:

She has what looks like 18" lengths of 4" and 2" pvc pipe in that bag.  What the hell is that about?

Gee, what could an unhinged wackadoodle Trumper do with that?   I mean other than try and prove that they aren't a gay Proud Boy?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Covid has sped that up like nothing else.  Getting rid of business travel and lowering fares has attracted the rubes to airports like flies to shit.  I've always thought flying private was a pretty big waste of fucking money but it's starting to look like a prudent move.  

I've noticed that on a lot of the onboard videos of harassment, the airline of choice seems to be SWA.   

Wanna getaway?

• Hook 'Em 2

THEY are what's happening in this country.
Also, this from that young, handsome representative in a wheelchair with a Nazi fetish:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/madison-cawthorn-lightly-threaten-congress_n_5ffd12a3c5b691806c4be467
No idea how, but on January 4th, I got an unsolicited text from that mobile lump of treasonous sputum.  I responded appropriately, I think.

28c4feb72534bb36d58ebad7ee34d646.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I'm getting that the tweet was removed - what was it?

The guy with shitloads of guns and molotovs in his vehicle had phone numbers for Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, and Ted Cruz written down on some brochure in his vehicle.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah I'm normally against it, but it's pretty fucking clear that it was an enormous mistake letting traitors back into public life after the civil war.

Or we can give them no hope for any future like we did to the Baathists in Iraq and they become a permanent terrorist insurgency. Quite the Catch-22 we have. Thanks GOP.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Correct.

The very fact that leadership thinks this message is necessary.....means that we are in deep, deep shit.

We are in deep deep shit. I don't understand the inaction by the cabinet. They know the President didn't respond in a way that someone who is mentally stable and understands the impact would react. He hasn't necessarily added gasoline to this fire, but it's already aggy bonfire huge and killed 5 people. You either have to extinguish the blaze or let it burn out. I don't think we can let it burn out because it's fuel is 15M+ americans. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Urgent request to remove the word "patriot" from our lexicons, especially when it comes to Dems/liberals/leftists. Defeating Trumpism and a rogue GOP are moral obligations, not nationalistic. 

Congrats, Republicans! MAGA's turned USA!USA!USA! into the 21st century version of Sieg Heil.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think a lot of the 25th amendment hold up is actually the SCOTUS, they have stayed silent here as they should. I can't think of any circumstance that the SCOTUS wouldn't expedite and immediately rule in favor of removing trump when there is active insurrection and sedition occurring at his direction. 

20 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

We haven't banned guns on Capitol grounds yet.
I wouldn't worry too much though, there's a lot of steps in the Capitol; I don't see these guys getting very far.

Throughout most of the pandemic and during the BLM protests, the Capitol grounds were off limits to the public. In light of recent events and ongoing threats, I'd have no problem with them doing it again - save for legislators, their staff, the press, employees, and individual invites for specific meetings - until they no longer allow guns at the complex.

Let the fake army protest at 11th and Congress all they want.

Just now, Gourmand said:

Congrats, Republicans! MAGA's turned USA!USA!USA! into the 21st century version of Sieg Heil.

And the term Patriot.  And the American flag.  Today, I see someone flying an American flag in anything close to an ostentatious manner, and I genuinely wonder if they'd like to kill me if they knew how I voted.

It's beyond fucked up.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

12 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

I disagree, I think they are simply using what they have to keep lining their own pockets. If there was a more charismatic option available, they would abandon Trump faster than Graham can change his opinion. 

They’re fascists.  They’re cool with Trump using violence as a political tactic and they deny reality in exchange for a worldview based on their own persecution and victim hood.  

Look at what happened last week, arguably the single most egregious crime committed by a President on American soil and, like nazis with the Holocaust, they’re denying it even happened. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

52 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They bitch that Americans are upset about what's happening in the country, when they deliberately ignore the fact that they are what's happening in the country, and the reason other Americans are upset.

Arsonist:  *sets fire*

Arsonist:  *screams at fire department to put out the fire, because people are upset about it*

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.

The very fact that leadership thinks this message is necessary.....means that we are in deep, deep shit.

This post reminded me that Anastasis hasn’t accused us of writing “fan fiction” in the last week. I wonder why that is. 

Edited by BrickHorn

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They’re fascists.  They’re cool with Trump using violence as a political tactic and they deny reality in exchange for a worldview based on their own persecution and victim hood.  

Look at what happened last week, arguably the single most egregious crime committed by a President on American soil and, like nazis with the Holocaust, they’re denying it even happened. 

They're not denying it.   The are justifying it and saying it didn't go far enough.