The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

The gravestone shall read:

"A lot of people are saying 'Here Lies Donald J. Trump'.  Beloved Father and Probably the Greatest President."

You know how you read about the gravesites of dictators, despots, terrorists, et. al. are kept hidden, never erected in the first place, or they are cremated because they don't want a traditional burial site to be a rallying point for future destroyers of decent society?  You can't keep the gravesite of an ex-President a secret.  But for years, it's gonna be so awkward...you'll have a line of Trumpers waiting to pay $20 so they can put another $20 on his headstone.  They'll weep and cry with their hats and their flags.  And then you'll have a line coming from the other direction of people waiting to pay $20 so they can make sure he's still dead and then piss on his grave.  It's gonna be a really congested cemetery. 

Most modern presidents have elected to be buried at their presidential libraries or in D.C.  Since Trump's "Presidential Library" likely won't come to fruition until he's probably dead, I don't know where his body will end up.  But I'm guessing, in the end, his family elects to keep it remote and private so it can't be accessed by haters.  As much as he loved the adulation, they're gonna hate the embarrassment more.  

Hopefully this won't get buried, but here's some information regarding Pete Gaynor, the replacement for Chad and it's not reassuring. Spoilered it, five minute read or less. Upshot--perhaps not trustworthy, CONSTANT VIGILANCE. It's also important as it relates to Chad Wolf and what laws he may or may have violated and for which he will probably receive a pardon. Stuff about Wolf below, info regarding Gaynor after that. Buncha crooks and seditionists. Chad conveniently being out of the country during the insurrection is just too coincidental.

Spoiler

8 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I realize I'm way behind on this thread so this may have already been mentioned, but...

1) the spectacle of a white, violent mob, some carrying confederate flags, chasing a black man is just too much.

2) some of those same republicans he saved from that violent mob turned around and shat all over security when they walk to through metal detectors to get into the capital a few days later.

i had a very emotional reaction to that video of him being chased when i first saw it...i likened it to bizarro world Mississippi Burning 😟

6 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i had a very emotional reaction to that video of him being chased when i first saw it...i likened it to bizarro world Mississippi Burning 😟

It kinda reminded me of the staircase/Shelly Duvall swinging the bat scene in the shining. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

The gravestone shall read:

"A lot of people are saying 'Here Lies Donald J. Trump'.  Beloved Father and Probably the Greatest President."

You know how you read about the gravesites of dictators, despots, terrorists, et. al. are kept hidden, never erected in the first place, or they are cremated because they don't want a traditional burial site to be a rallying point for future destroyers of decent society?  You can't keep the gravesite of an ex-President a secret.  But for years, it's gonna be so awkward...you'll have a line of Trumpers waiting to pay $20 so they can put another $20 on his headstone.  They'll weep and cry with their hats and their flags.  And then you'll have a line coming from the other direction of people waiting to pay $20 so they can make sure he's still dead and then piss on his grave.  It's gonna be a really congested cemetery. 

Most modern presidents have elected to be buried at their presidential libraries or in D.C.  Since Trump's "Presidential Library" likely won't come to fruition until he's probably dead, I don't know where his body will end up.  But I'm guessing, in the end, his family elects to keep it remote and private so it can't be accessed by haters.  As much as he loved the adulation, they're gonna hate the embarrassment more.  

His family will do whatever stands the best chance of making themselves a buck. There's no loyalty among thieves. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

His family will do whatever stands the best chance of making themselves a buck. There's no loyalty among thieves. 

So $20 for a regular visit, $100 for the MAGA grand visit which includes a cheap t-shirt and a ham sandwich with brown lettuce and a mushy tomato slice (on white bread with mayo, of course), $150 to piss on his grave, $200 to shit on his grave, and $500 to visit the grave, piss and shit on it, and beat Don Jr. with a baseball bat.  It would be like printing money for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

So $20 for a regular visit, $100 for the MAGA grand visit which includes a cheap t-shirt and a ham sandwich with brown lettuce and a mushy tomato slice (on white bread with mayo, of course), $150 to piss on his grave, $200 to shit on his grave, and $500 to visit the grave, piss and shit on it, and beat Don Jr. with a baseball bat.  It would be like printing money for them.

I have a spare $500 lying around, is there a website where I can get on the waiting list?

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Don Jr will be on the MAGA/Motivational speaker tour (coming soon to a Hampton Inn near you) and debasing himself in truck stop bathrooms to finance his next 8 ball. By that point he'll probably let you shit on him for $50. 

• Hook 'Em 1

i've concluded we have to charge these people with more than "improper presence on federal property" or whatever shit we are hearing now.  doing a schrodinger's crime dance of insurrection/just funnin' and coming up with that bullshit middle is playing exactly to the fox news of the world.  they pretend their violent rhetoric is given with a wink. a weak charge says that we agree.  someone needs to go down for violent overthrow of the government charge and get their ass executed or housed in gitmo.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Don Jr will be on the MAGA/Motivational speaker tour (coming soon to a Hampton Inn near you) and debasing himself in truck stop bathrooms to finance his next 8 ball. By that point he'll probably let you shit on him for $50. 

Don Jr will do something like this:

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i've concluded we have to charge these people with more than "improper presence on federal property" or whatever shit we are hearing now.  doing a schrodinger's crime dance of insurrection/just funnin' and coming up with that bullshit middle is playing exactly to the fox news of the world.  they pretend their violent rhetoric is given with a wink. a weak charge says that we agree.  someone needs to go down for violent overthrow of the government charge and get their ass executed or housed in gitmo.

The FBI and DOJ briefing said the trespass type charge is just an opening charge so they can grab them while doing the rest of their investigation.  They said to expect more charges to be filed as their investigations develop.  

• Hook 'Em 1

What blows my mind is how the MAGA crowd are convinced that treating everyone with dignity and respecting everyone's rights is somehow pushing them (MAGA crowd) out of society.  I mean, I know they aren't geniuses, but damn, how is that possible?

ETA - I think that's a troll, too, but it is too spot on with the thinking of the Trump followers that I know.

Edited by Scheiss Meister

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Lol. 
I just pictured a mummified trump in one of those carnival dunk machines.

Ivanka - “step right up! Step right up! $20 gets you 3 balls to dunk the dummy” 

Edited by NAVY
  • Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Lol. 
I just pictured a mummified trump in one of those carnival dunk machines.

Ivanka - “step right up! Step right up! $20 gets you 3 balls to dunk the dummy” 

"And for $50, you can taze Jared in the balls just like I do every other Saturday night in our "fun room."

• Hook 'Em 3

An excellent analysis on the sacking of the Capitol, and how it unfolded.  TLDR conclusions: The essential piece to this event was either 1) absolute, complete and total law enforcement incompetence, or 2) either orders or sympathetic action by Trumpist cops that made cops stand down and let it happen.

It was classic and perfectly executed stochastic terrorism, with inside help (either intentional or incompetent).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The essential piece to this event was either 1) absolute, complete and total law enforcement incompetence, or 2) either orders or sympathetic action by Trumpist cops that made cops stand down and let it happen.

It was classic and perfectly executed stochastic terrorism, with inside help (either intentional or incompetent).

And the incompetent theory starts to come apart when you look at how they've reacted to BLM and other protests in the past.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And the incompetent theory starts to come apart when you look at how they've reacted to BLM and other protests in the past.

yup, there was surely some incompetence, but there was a helluva lot of coordination between terrorists and law enforcement (I know it looks like I just typed the same thing). in fact, there is evidence of "dry runs" and facility tours ahead of time so terrorists could get the lay of the land. it's going to get uglier before it gets and prettier, that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well, not entirely.  It may just put into sharp relief how racial prejudice informs the very core of all law enforcement decisions.  10 angry black guys outside?  Deploy the SWAT team.  10,000 angry white people outside?  Those are just citizens, expressing themselves.  The essence of how law enforcement is a primary arbiter and grantor of "white privilege."  

"These guys wouldn't do anything bad.  They're white guys and on my team."

"Those black guys are dangerous thugs, and we best whoop their ass BEFORE they get any ideas."

Law enforcement tells us repeatedly, by their actions, who they are.  We should believe them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Since Orwell and 1984 have been the subject of many hot take analogies lately, I would argue that this entity's name is rather Orwellian:

"The Rule of Law Defense Fund"

So are The Department of Homeland Security and The Patriot Act.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

So are The Department of Homeland Security and The Patriot Act.

And on the flipside, is there anything LESS aptly named than a political "party?"  They're rarely any fun at all.  I mean, the people involved do end up doing a lot of drugs and fucking each other, so it's not ENTIRELY off-base, but still....

• Haha 1

Our federal agencies used to have cooler names like "Department of War"

Now we're all fucking lame with, "Department of Health & Human Services"    Fucking weak-sauce! 

On 1/13/2021 at 12:09 PM, slorch said:

This.

It's finally a test of leadership that they fucking signed up to do.  So fucking scary, now that we're past the fluff pieces on National Tamale Day declarations and working those backroom deals and kickbacks on gov't contracts in your home state.

Time to actually fucking do something of merit.

Umm wait, why was I not informed of a national tamale day?

4 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

What blows my mind is how the MAGA crowd are convinced that treating everyone with dignity and respecting everyone's rights is somehow pushing them (MAGA crowd) out of society.  I mean, I know they aren't geniuses, but damn, how is that possible?

MAGA is just another version of incel

I sweatergawd the 4 conservatives left on Surly seem to think the DT is a safe space for them a'la Parler.  It's pretty sad how useless the news thread is for actual information because of the constant thread shitting.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Umm wait, why was I not informed of a national tamale day?

that's just it sir...it can be almost any day, and multiples thereof.

Exclusive: Large bitcoin payments to right-wing activists a month before Capitol riot linked to foreign account

WASHINGTON — On Dec. 8, someone made a simultaneous transfer of 28.15 bitcoins — worth more than $500,000 at the time — to 22 different virtual wallets, most of them belonging to prominent right-wing organizations and personalities.

Now cryptocurrency researchers believe they have identified who made the transfer, and suspect it was intended to bolster those far-right causes. U.S. law enforcement is investigating whether the donations were linked to the Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol.

While the motivation is difficult to prove, the transfer came just a month before the violent riot in the Capitol, which took place after President Trump invited supporters to “walk down Pennsylvania Avenue” and “take back our country.”

Right-wing figures and websites, including VDARE, the Daily Stormer and Nick Fuentes, received generous donations from a bitcoin account linked to a French cryptocurrency exchange, according to research done by software company Chainalysis, which maintains a repository of information about public cryptocurrency exchanges and whose tools aid in government, law enforcement and private sector investigations. Chainalysis investigated the donations after Yahoo News shared the data points about the transaction.

According to one source familiar with the matter, the suspicious Dec. 8 transaction, along with a number of other pieces of intelligence, has prompted law enforcement and intelligence agencies in recent days to actively investigate the sources of funding for the individuals who participated in the Capitol insurrection, as well as their networks. The government is hoping to prevent future attacks but also to uncover potential foreign involvement in or support of right-wing activities, the source said.

During a press conference on Tuesday on the investigation into the Capitol riot, acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin said the “scope and scale of this investigation in these cases are really unprecedented.” At this time, Sherwin added, prosecutors are treating the matter as a “significant counterterrorism or counterintelligence investigation” involving deeper dives into “money, travel records, disposition, movement, communication records.”

The source of the funding, according to research conducted by Chainanalysis, appears to be a computer programmer based in France who created an account in 2013 — and who maintained a personal blog, which was not updated between 2014 and Dec. 9, 2020, the day after the “donations.”

Chainalysis researchers discovered a blog post from the bitcoin user that reads like an apparent suicide note, bequeathing his money to “certain causes and people” in light of what he describes as “the decline of Western civilization,” though the researchers were unable to confirm that the user was in fact dead. Chainalysis declined to publish the user’s name, citing privacy concerns due to the inability to conclusively confirm his death and out of concerns over ongoing law enforcement investigations.

An email to the apparent French donor did not immediately receive a reply.

Chainalysis investigators relied on openly available information, or public bitcoin transactions, to investigate and map out the large transaction. The original donor was registered on NameID, an internet service that allows bitcoin users to tie their online pseudonym or email address with their bitcoin profile — information the original donor included. Investigators tracked that email address to the blog, and to several cryptocurrency forum posts going back to 2013.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If you haven't seen it, this is just about the best 3 minutes you'll spend all day:

Uh, that just makes me enraged.  Not sure why it's a good 3 minutes.  It's putting on display all of the criminal, seditious, hateful rhetoric that radicalized millions of Americans and inspired them to try and violently overthrow the government.  I kept waiting for Trevor Noah to break in a eviscerate them, but nope.  Just a highlight reel of America's worst scumbags.  Thanks?

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Uh, that just makes me enraged.  Not sure why it's a good 3 minutes.  It's putting on display all of the criminal, seditious, hateful rhetoric that radicalized millions of Americans and inspired them to try and violently overthrow the government.  I kept waiting for Trevor Noah to break in a eviscerate them, but nope.  Just a highlight reel of America's worst scumbags.  Thanks?

Yeah, I have a bad feeling there's somebody being held down in a chair in a Northern Virginia motel being made to watch that in a loop over and over again with their eyes spread open and some weirdo putting saline drops in there so they can keep watching.  And another guy is shooting meth into this guy to keep him up and alert.  And they're gonna send him out of the room in a few days with nothing but a jug of water, a metro card, and an AR-15.  

On 1/13/2021 at 12:40 PM, TexArcher said:

People who hate dogs aren't wired right.  The only exception I can think of is if you were attacked at a young age and never got over it, which is understandable.  Otherwise, dogs are awesome and if you don't like them and they don't like you, well, you should be kept under close watch.

Nah, I got bit by a german shepherd when I was 6 and it required many many stitches.  I still prefer dogs to people. Hell I still prefer german shepherds to people.

Edited by NameAlreadyInUse
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Are you me? Except I was 4 when G. Shepherd bit me.  Love me some doggos

I was 6 when I fell out of my neighbors tree. Yeah, we were stealing mangos. Did it everyday during the season once school was out. Fell right on top of their Shepherd and she messed me up. 

I ended up raising shepherds and still love that breed to this day. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1