The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

Just now, Lobo said:

The State Dept. often releases information with GMT stamps.  It may have been a premature way to signal allies, embassies, et. al.  

Good point. I just did eastern time. But yeah, that may mean 20 minutes ago something happened. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Just listening so I don't know who this is, but a woman on MSNBC talking now about how her sources in the DOD say that they won't be able to defend the White House, if enough people come at it from every side. Gulp. 

I would think enough snipers would do the trick pretty quickly, but what do I know.

See comments below.

46 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

The zergling rush can be difficult to counter.

Maybe.....but a YUENGLING rush....well, friend, that's something special....

yuengling-lager-pic.png

37 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

grape shot or cannister rounds, then a bunch of dudes carrying tactical pumps with 00 Buck. 

This (and/or rooftop positions with any weapon with a high rate of fire), because this:

34 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Wouldn’t you think that after the first 30 - 40 get shot, the rest would run? I’m talking about the rest of the traitors staring down the real military. How many would stay?

This is exactly the strategy.  If there was a mob of 10,000 all willing to die (like, you know, zombies), then yeah, it's hard to stop.  But for the types of folks we're being attacked by at present.....when bodies start dropping to their left and right, they'll run like hell.  Shit, watch the footage of the idiot attacker getting shot inside the capitol.  As soon as that shot rings out, the mob turned tail lickety split.  Only after they realized that there weren't more shots coming did they hang around to render aid.

In defending a position like the WH against a mob, that is exactly the strategy -- if  a large group breaks the perimeter, you take out a mass at the front, and that does the work for you.  Nevermind that the POTUS would long since be secured in a bunker that would take days to break into -- by which time, backup forces would have arrived.  The mob may be able to get to and destroy the WH, at best.   But they can't bum rush the POTUS at home.

Unless, of course, there is a fifth column of collaborators inside the WH....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Or Coup?  Who knows

Even if it’s just a prank it is strong evidence we do not have a functioning executive branch of our government.  In this climate that kind of shit must be prevented and if not it must be responded to and cleared up immediately.  There are millions of people now legit thinking the president has resigned or been removed from office for going on 30 minutes.  

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Even if it’s just a prank it is strong evidence we do not have a functioning executive branch of our government.  In this climate that kind of shit must be prevented and if not it must be responded to and cleared up immediately.  There are millions of people now legit thinking the president has resigned or been removed from office for going on 30 minutes.  

Yeah....this is a big deal, whether it's real or fake.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Just listening so I don't know who this is, but a woman on MSNBC talking now about how her sources in the DOD say that they won't be able to defend the White House, if enough people come at it from every side. Gulp. 

I would think enough snipers would do the trick pretty quickly, but what do I know.

1 hour ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Flame throwers.

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

grape shot or cannister rounds, then a bunch of dudes carrying tactical pumps with 00 Buck. 

Just an old Huey and a fifty cal and the right gunner.

spacer.png

Anyone who runs is a traitor. Anyone who stands still is a well-disciplined traitor.

Edited by RomaVicta
errant comma
  • Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

time zone?

My first job was waiting tables at one of America's mid-priced generic restaurant chains.  One of our waitstaff was an older gal who had a rather large posterior.  One of my fellow waiters kept calling her "time zone."  I finally asked "what's up with that?"  Look at her ass -- it's bigger than any one time zone can hold!

I thought it was a creative insult, and I remember it to this day.

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

does this mean I should stop celebratory drinking?  

it means....

1 minute ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Yes. It is now time to resume nervous drinking.

....this.

4 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I am not on social media at all, except for the surl. 

I am aware of their objectives.

I am just looking for confirmation of what weaponry they had and possibly some conjecture about how this might have gone down.

probably could have had some of that confirmation if the police weren't completely complicit and had actually arrested the people on site. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Wanker Bob said:

probably could have had some of that confirmation if the police weren't completely complicit and had actually arrested the people on site. 

...I think we will almost get there eventually and I think it will be worse than what we had imagined.

37 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Check this out:

Donald J. Trump's term ended on 2021-01-11 19:40:41.

https://www.state.gov/biographies/donald-j-trump/

Secretary of State Pompeo is speaking on Voice of America Live. It was delayed; be kind of interesting to know what he was saying but I'm in between the car and my destination....

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Secretary of State Pompeo is speaking on Voice of America Live. It was delayed; be kind of interesting to know what he was saying but I'm in between the car and my destination....

Repeating myself. Something has happened I believe. Adding: he was supposed to speak today, I don't want to confuse the situation, but I think they are trying not to alarm allies/nonallies

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

15 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Just an old Huey and a fifty cal and the right gunner.

spacer.png

Anyone who runs is a traitor. Anyone who stands still is a well-disciplined traitor.

I’d think an avenger cannon mounted at all 4 corners and a few dozen ammo belts would be a messy but persuasive crowd control tool. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

I'm not so sure I agree with you that it would've been worse for the country in the long term. At some point, conspiracy theorists and cultists face a reckoning. There's no reason it should be on their terms when the basis of their beliefs is violent overthrow of the government. Maybe they need to see, in 1080 HD, their own military mowing down lines of "digital soldiers." 
I don't wish for this to happen, but there will be blood. Its simply a matter of who sheds the most.
Agreed. These fuckers are emboldened and will keep trying to replicate what happened on Wed, maybe wear face coverings this time.
Shooting a few dozen as they crossed the threshold would have ended the entire ordeal.

Just now, Born to Run said:

Agreed. These fuckers are emboldened and will keep trying to replicate what happened on Wed, maybe wear face coverings this time.
Shooting a few dozen as they crossed the threshold would have ended the entire ordeal.

Naw it wouldn't have ended shit. It might've kept these freaks from trying to organize again quickly enough to stop the inauguration, but their movement wouldn't go away. The dead would've gotten the Randy Weaver treatment and been turned into martyrs.