The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Just listening so I don't know who this is, but a woman on MSNBC talking now about how her sources in the DOD say that they won't be able to defend the White House, if enough people come at it from every side. Gulp. 

I would think enough snipers would do the trick pretty quickly, but what do I know.

1 hour ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Flame throwers.

Personally, if I were Biden's people, I would take a reeeeeal good look at the makeovers in the Rose Garden and the basketball court as a just in case scenario for surprises. But I'm paranoid like that and also am not wild about the way the Garden turned out. The plants were overgrown and maybe it is still in that 'new' garden look, but for now it's quite stark.

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Judge Holden was a personification of the evil nature of mankind, you uneducated fucking rube.

I'm such a sucker for western canon that this little tete-a-tete of ours got me rereading some good Bloom material and funnily enough it feels topical. See what you think and how it's aged (and/or predicted), from 2011:

"It is difficult to understand why someone like Bloom, who is so devoted to literature, so funny and just plain interesting, would be greatly disliked. But his opinions tend to evoke strong passions. He also has very vivid views on politics. For one thing, he is quite disappointed with President Barack Obama. “We had high hopes for Obama,” he says. “I’m afraid he turns out to be a Chicago pol. He doesn’t have much fight in him.”

“It all started with that absolute dreadful creature Ronald Reagan,” he continues. “It was Reagan who came along and persuaded the whole nation that it was all right to be selfish, that it was an American virtue to be selfish. And all of these Tea Party-ites wouldn’t exist if it hadn’t been for Reagan as their trailblazer. Incredible, the cigar-store Indian George W. Bush…the worst president in American history. The more-than-outrageous, the insufferable Donald Trump in today’s newspaper describes Obama as the worst president in American history. I’ll tell you what’s scary. Just one step beyond, and it will be early Nazi Germany. If the Tea Party, which already has a huge majority in the House, should also capture the Senate, you might start seeing sanctioned violence.” He also decries that group’s “racism, endless racism,” noting members of it have depicted the President of the United States as a chimpanzee.

Bloom says, “There’s a wonderful poem by William Butler Yeats,

“A statesman is an easy man, he tells his lies by rote./ A journalist invents his lies, and rams them down your throat./ So stay at home and drink your beer and let the neighbors vote.”"

Edited by DonkeyCigars

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Stupid journalists! It was not an assault rifle!  An assault rifle is [insert pedantic/semantic definition of what an assault rifle is here]  but what he had when he was arrested was [insert pedantic/semantic explanation of why this was not an actual assault rifle here].  Granted, one bullet could bring down an elephant and this holds 15 bullets, but it was NOT an assault rifle.  This is why stupid lib journalists shouldn't be allowed to write about guns!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

...I think we will almost get there eventually and I think it will be worse than what we had imagined.

Ahhh, you've grasped another Rule of Trumpism: it's ALWAYS worse than you first imagined.  Well-done.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Thanks! I think the weird SoS site thing was nothing, but apparently the helicopter thing is what has the DC correspondent's buzzing.

[Alex Jones] Sorry, I'm only on board with the freakout if they're "black helicopters." [/Alex Jones]

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Personally, if I were Biden's people, I would take a reeeeeal good look at the makeovers in the Rose Garden and the basketball court as a just in case scenario for surprises. But I'm paranoid like that and also am not wild about the way the Garden turned out. The plants were overgrown and maybe it is still in that 'new' garden look, but for now it's quite stark.

He should take the Oath of Office from his basement, just to piss off the patriots. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ahhh, you've grasped another Rule of Trumpism: it's ALWAYS worse than you first imagined.  Well-done.

[Alex Jones] Sorry, I'm only on board with the freakout if they're "black helicopters." [/Alex Jones]

I was an auditor for many years and it was always worse than what I imagined.  In fact many times, it was worse than my drunken wild speculation.

Sorry for me panicking for a minute. When I first logged in it was to comment on the helicopter stuff but then I saw someone else had done it and when I saw the thing about the State Department, I went a little bug-eyed until it was explained. I'd heard that he wouldn't answer questions afterward from some reporters, and he's been very cagey while simultaneously plumping up his attributes and rhetoric. Bears watching as we've said before. It could just be nothing but there is that foreboding feeling as the seconds tick by.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Sorry for me panicking for a minute. When I first logged in it was to comment on the helicopter stuff but then I saw someone else had done it and when I saw the thing about the State Department, I went a little bug-eyed until it was explained. I'd heard that he wouldn't answer questions afterward from some reporters, and he's been very cagey while simultaneously plumping up his attributes and rhetoric. Bears watching as we've said before. It could just be nothing but there is that foreboding feeling as the seconds tick by.

Pretty freaky times.

I had a conversation with Mrs. Jiggy-Z this morning about what might happen between now and the 20th and beyond.  She was the instigator.

What with the big hack, nut jobs shooting democrats, a coup, disruption of the electrical grid we put together a plan to get a generator from my office, bring my hunting rifle home (also from my office), stock up on supplies, and shore up the perimeter defenses of our  rural "estate".

Then, of course, we realized if shit really hit the fan, we were in no position to shoot anyone, do all of that extra work, and had no room for all of that extra food.  So we just decided to get some more alcohol and hope for the best.

Those end of times nuts must be really committed.

Rifle is stored at work (self employed) to avoid any problems at home and I am a contractor so I have plenty of generators available. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Pretty freaky times.

I had a conversation with Mrs. Jiggy-Z this morning about what might happen between now and the 20th and beyond.  She was the instigator.

What with the big hack, nut jobs shooting democrats, a coup, disruption of the electrical grid we put together a plan to get a generator from my office, bring my hunting rifle home (also from my office), stock up on supplies, and shore up the perimeter defenses of our  rural "estate".

Then, of course, we realized if shit really hit the fan, we were in no position to shoot anyone, do all of that extra work, and had no room for all of that extra food.  So we just decided to get some more alcohol and hope for the best.

Rifle is stored at work (self employed) to avoid any problems at home and I am a contractor so I have plenty of generators available. 

Address?

7 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Pretty freaky times.

In McCarthy's 'The Road,' when it first becomes apparent that civilization has fallen, the unnamed mother and wife of the child and father protagonists, takes her own life rather than face what humanity has become. That always seemed the sensible solution.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Pretty freaky times.

So ... party at Jiggy-Z's on the 20th?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

If Muckety was still up and running, I bet the web you could make with it would be rather telling. If you've looked at the way the mob had tentacles, this is no different. Each person has a *role. Sometimes people screw up. But the smart leader has a fail safe. We know Trump is not smart in that way, he just attempts to keep his hands clean.  Question would be if there is another person out there with the plausible fail safe.....who will step back for awhile.

*not necessarily pre planned instructions. Finding someone who is 'friendly' or sympathetic to your goals when push comes to shove (life is endangered) is not likely to oppose the mob. Open a door here, lend a hand there. They'll rationalize it soon enough. Roger Stone didn't have to do much to get those Bush staffers to beat on the door of the election office in Florida and look what happened after that.

Don't forget to take selfies and give directions.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Nahh.  Label them "GeorGIA StOlen TruMP VOTEZ -- ShREd ASAP!"

If they do this they should fill it with dog shit and an audio device that starts playing the soundtrack to this meme on a loop once the box is opened.

you are so dumb harry styles GIF

Bonus points if they can insert a camera that livestreams as soon as the box is opened so we can see their faces and see how long it takes them to figure out its not real.  I'd put the over/under at 3 minutes and take the over.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

My first job was waiting tables at one of America's mid-priced generic restaurant chains.  One of our waitstaff was an older gal who had a rather large posterior.  One of my fellow waiters kept calling her "time zone."  I finally asked "what's up with that?"  Look at her ass -- it's bigger than any one time zone can hold!

Vic will be in his bunk.