The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

15 minutes ago, Loather said:

I think Trump is a buffoon. People that know me have heard me say that many times, and as I pointed out above, I think he crossed over into criminality last week. You didn't hear that part. All you heard is I dared to voice a slightly differing opinion than yours and I am an "Ignorant Fucking Rube" So, ill shut up. No problem.

I did hear that part, I think most did. It was the choice to defend the "censorship" as it related to the criminality that the discussion circled upon. I believe you believe that people are getting caught in that net that did nothing wrong. Which is true. That always happens around criminal behavior. Not unlike people that were peacefully protesting this summer happened to get tear gassed because others that were there committed crimes. Or maybe some of the supporters believe that silencing the 'voice' of the People i.e. Trump is wrong because they feel he speaks for them even when he is speaking seditiously. Should he be allowed to lie?

They're all relevant and related. So do stay and debate and discuss or go, you have the freedom to do so. If you believe people on here don't share a concern for the way this is going in our country, then you're wrong.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Changed the awful sentence structure because it was awful.

53 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

He didn't participate in the riot. He was just hanging out by the gallows to make sure Mike Pence got a fair trial.

I like his "Did you know I was 1/147th Cherokee?" cowboy hat on the newspaper photo better than the felt ones. But that super-special-soldier-helmet one makes him look pretty tough and deserving of my respect as well.

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The fundamental notion behind the First Amendment is that the best antidote or cure for bad speech is good speech, or at least better speech.  And that competing good ideas are improved by debate, as in iron sharpens iron.

So, in some abstract sense, the First Amendment favors all speech and disfavors censorship.  But in the non-abstract sense, it only forbids government from abridging speech.

It would be ideal, and utopian, if private entitles didn't censor speech.  It would also be ideal if the citizenry wasn't willingly deceived by lies and other bad speech and utterly deaf to good speech.

Well, nothing's ideal, and this ain't utopia, so if private entities want to go no shirt, no shoes, no dice  gotdam sense, no service, that's just fine.

Corrected

\no-shirt-no-shoes-no-dice.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, B00M said:

How is removing parler from the app store silencing them? Isnt it a website based forum? I don't see Surly in the app store, are we being silenced too? 

Parler needs to be on your phone. Pretty hard to carry a laptop and home-made napalm mason jars at the same time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, immamac said:

Tell us what you think you are censored from saying.

A man posting his opinions in a forum that is available for anyone in the world to see is being censored apparently. Censorship and shouting from the rooftops must seem like the same thing to this clown.

• Hook 'Em 1

Parler needs to be on your phone. Pretty hard to carry a laptop and home-made napalm mason jars at the same time.

Wrong. My black ops cosplay utility belt allows me to carry 3 Molotov cocktails, two Trump flags, a laptop, a 6 pack of Keystone Light. It’s also bedazzled with my motto “Live, Love, Laugh”.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Did you know that Mr. Hand actor Ray Walston was married to The great granddaughter of Oran Roberts, former professor at UT (Roberts Hall) and confederate? Now you do.

Did you know that your current avatar resembles that pic of Sean Penn so that there is a weird Swayze Penn doppelganger thing going on.

42 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

These biggest reason these shit dribbling troglodytes are getting caught is because they’re loud blabbermouths who are incapable of not bragging and letting everyone know how “important” they are.

Has to be lies. No way Alex Jones marched that far without a Rascal scooter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

It's true that some families don't have a computer and so the phone is it. Or, using the one at work is not allowed/difficult. They could go the local library, a novel concept for  many.

28 minutes ago, Loather said:

This will be my last comment on this, it went just as expected. I will tell you this, I am concerned about the country and my children for the first time in my life. The media has everyone stirred up to the point that they are not thinking rationally. This is not funny or entertaining anymore. This is getting serious. We are seeing things we never thought we would see in this country. You guys are pretty lightly discussing censoring people, arresting people, once these things get going they might take on a life of their own

I think Trump is a buffoon. People that know me have heard me say that many times, and as I pointed out above, I think he crossed over into criminality last week. You didn't hear that part. All you heard is I dared to voice a slightly differing opinion than yours and I am an "Ignorant Fucking Rube" So, ill shut up. No problem.

So you haven’t been paying attention for the last 20 years? Gotcha. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm gonna bet you are going to still be around, reading replies.  I'll leave you with a few pictures of "conservatives" taking things into their own hands. I'm sure these fine patriots pretty lightly discussed things as well.   But we are the deranged ones.

ErFsvKHXcAEOnyE.jpg

noose-capitol-hill.jpg

ac0f537a-47b9-4465-9b0e-0c2a638ba64f-Get

Here are a few more.

TT6ZOQLLWMCAQRRPNGD5GI34GA.jpg

37775550-9127265-Footage_shows_the_cop_g

1610137004_594_Shocking-moment-bleeding-

dee69fb698e3c40981542fc59d940a9c.jpg?ito

• Hook 'Em 1

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/08/us/online-extremism-inauguration-capitol-invs/index.html

They aren't happy with their one day fun. They're going to keep coming back and now it looks like the inauguration. It's imperative trump is removed and arrested for treason/insurrection so Pence and the rest can set up proper protection with direct orders to neutralize any threats on spot. 

The only good thing in all of this is they've shifted from targeting innocents in walmart to targeting congressional leaders and government leaders. Those leaders have needed a wake up call for a long time and if we're extremely lucky this attack wave on them will serve as one. 

Of course the bad thing is this has shown 74+ million Americans are racist deplorable pieces of shit. 

• Fuck You 1

45 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

These biggest reason these shit dribbling troglodytes are getting caught is because they’re loud blabbermouths who are incapable of not bragging and letting everyone know how “important” they are.

This motherfucker sounds like he isn't leading anyone anywhere without his Hoveround. 

This shithead @Loather shamelessly blames the media? Media-bashing is literally all they have

I'm sure he was respectful of the feelings of distraught HRC supporters on Nov 9th, 2016, shocked and horrified that this country would elect an amoral rapist, racist, narcissistic pathologically lying monster. A man who bragged on tape about grabbing women by the pussy. A man who openly mocked the disabled in the course of campaigning for president. And now you're worried for your children because you think it's the media that has everyone stirred up? YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER YOU DID THIS. YOU VOTED FOR HIM.

Media my ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Loather said:

This will be my last comment on this, it went just as expected. I will tell you this, I am concerned about the country and my children for the first time in my life. The media has everyone stirred up to the point that they are not thinking rationally. This is not funny or entertaining anymore. This is getting serious. We are seeing things we never thought we would see in this country. You guys are pretty lightly discussing censoring people, arresting people, once these things get going they might take on a life of their own

It's pretty telling that you just thought everything was funny and good while Republicans incited a coup attempt but are now very worried for the future because some private companies are deciding they don't want to publish Republicans' insurrectionist lies and have cut off access to the internet dens of nazis and pedophiles. 

• Hook 'Em 2

So the gravy seals led the beer belly putsch (see: beer hall putsch). Or do we prefer clown car coup? 

Its worth mentioning that the beer hall putsch failed and resulted in jail time for Hitler. Then he focused his propaganda game...

Edited by B00M

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm picturing a few FBI agents sitting around watching these names/numbers roll in.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI created the account just for this purpose.

Sort of like when they cops send  a postcard saying you’ve won something to everyone with outstanding warrants.  Just show up and claim your prize.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm picturing a few FBI agents sitting around watching these names/numbers roll in.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI created the account just for this purpose.

Yeah, reminds me of that scene in the Al Pacino movie where cops stage a sting to gather criminals with free Yankees tickets, player appearances. 

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

Yeah, reminds me of that scene in the Al Pacino movie where cops stage a sting to gather criminals with free Yankees tickets, player appearances. 

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Sort of like when they cops send  a postcard saying you’ve won something to everyone with outstanding warrants.  Just show up and claim your prize.

I want to say the DC police did this many years ago using Redskins tickets as bait, believe NFL Films even did a bit on it.  

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

This shithead @Loather shamelessly blames the media? Media-bashing is literally all they have

I'm sure he was respectful of the feelings of distraught HRC supporters on Nov 9th, 2016, shocked and horrified that this country would elect an amoral rapist, racist, narcissistic pathologically lying monster. A man who bragged on tape about grabbing women by the pussy. A man who openly mocked the disabled in the course of campaigning for president. And now you're worried for your children because you think it's the media that has everyone stirred up? YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER YOU DID THIS. YOU VOTED FOR HIM.

Media my ass.

Trevor kills it. 

44 minutes ago, Loather said:

Bye.

But it is not the media who has "everyone stirred up." Its our lunatic deranged president who has "everyone stirred up" since he engineered a failed coup designed to either kill or at a minimum halt the most important branch of our Country, the Congress, Article I of the Constitution and now 5 people are dead and our reputation around the globe is in tatters.

But you will be missed.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Loather said:

That's the rub isn't it? Where do you draw the line? This has been debated long before the internet. I think the general consensus is the "Shouting Fire in a Crowded Theater" argument. I actually think Trump crossed this threshold with the events last week. But, they were censoring him before that, and now they are using the event to try to censor people they just don't agree with politicly, and censor millions of people on this Parler site. As far as your question about ISIS, I think it's disingenuous to make any comparison here, even comparing them to the idiots that stormed the capital is a stretch, but if we must, my personal opinion is that you censor even these extremist groups cautiously, only doing so when they are directly calling for violence, the right to free speech is just so important to our democracy that I think you have to tolerate some pretty questionable folks

Donald Trump has tweeted over 16,000 lies or untruths during his four years. Many other republicans are now also lying extensively and blatantly. Fox News and OAN blatantly mislead or outright lie.

Politics and media have always had lies and distortions but the conservatives have taken it to such an extreme it requires action because it’s literally destroying the country. That’s why action is being taken. And the fact you can’t see that objectively is proof of the severe damage it’s doing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I want to say the DC police did this many years ago using Redskins tickets as bait, believe NFL Films even did a bit on it.  

I think it used to be pretty common, but I don’t think it is allowed anymore.  Pretty cost effective way to clear out the backlog of unpaid traffic tickets.

At this point anyone, and I mean anyone, who excuses what happened to our country on Wednesday, January 6 is a traitor and unless they participated in the attempted coup, should be ignored until January 20 and after that day, they need to be dealt with in whatever manner is appropriate. They have lost their minds. Their opinions and feelings do not matter.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It's pretty telling that you just thought everything was funny and good while Republicans incited a coup attempt but are now very worried for the future because some private companies are deciding they don't want to publish Republicans' insurrectionist lies and have cut off access to the internet dens of nazis and pedophiles. 

Dont be glib. It’s 11 days before a Dem is President, so the outrage machine also needs to be fired up in anticipation. 

I mean, this nails Fox News.

I am concerned about the country and my children for the first time in my life. The media has everyone stirred up to the point that they are not thinking rationally. This is not funny or entertaining anymore. This is getting serious. We are seeing things we never thought we would see in this country.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

American Exceptionalism is bullshit. We basked in it when America elected a black man and we promptly dumped the exceptionalism in the toilet when half the country lost their fucking mind over that and course corrected into electing a fascist wannabe dictator. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Check out the time stamp on this lengthy and accurate thread from a UK journalists: 

I’d like to praise his prescience....but for fucks sake, THEY TOLD US THAT THIS WAS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO.

Wrong. My black ops cosplay utility belt allows me to carry 3 Molotov cocktails, two Trump flags, a laptop, a 6 pack of Keystone Light. It’s also bedazzled with my motto “Live, Love, Laugh”.

The rise in the sale of “tactical” everything (seriously....there is “tactical” UNDERWEAR being sold to these idiots) corresponds almost exactly with the rise of the insanity that became Trumpism.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I’d like to praise his prescience....but for fucks sake, THEY TOLD US THAT THIS WAS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO.

The rise in the sale of “tactical” everything (seriously....there is “tactical” UNDERWEAR being sold to these idiots) corresponds almost exactly with the rise of the insanity that became Trumpism.

Is there a tactical girdle or rascal scooter yet? Bc I’m in the market to start a new business opportunity on Jan 20, 2021 

22 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This cannot be stated enough. Trump and his blowhards spent 6+ years saying the media was fake and the enemy of the people. We're lucky no media members were killed on Wednesday. Some got very close to losing their lives. But Twitter banning Trump is a much bigger deal to them.

https://news.yahoo.com/york-times-photographer-said-she-114259461.html

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/Journalists-were-attacked-threatened-and-15858137.php

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, LTbear said:

Logical arguments that I can't produce a rational rebuttal to = "hostility"

Spot on.

I had one of these discussion with a Trumper neighbor the other day. After he babbled for 10 minutes and could not refute any of my points I was deemed to be "condescending".

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I also chuckle at the right wing's talk about cancel culture. Go check out how many company boycotts were called for by the Trumpistas the past 4 years. I remember when Target was on the list to be cancelled because they wanted to have gender natural bathrooms. THE HORROR!!!!

It’s an utter lack of intellectual consistency 

It’s an utter lack of intellectual consistency honesty 

It’s an utter lack of intellectual honesty 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2