The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

Hahahahahaha uh huh, sure dickhead.

“Brock, 53, a father of three, said he wore tactical gear because he was afraid of getting injured by counter-protesters such as "BLM or Antifa." He found the zip-ties on the floor and picked them up, intending to give them to a police officer if he encountered one, the New Yorker reported.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/air-force-veteran-identified-capitol-zip-ties-senate-floor

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hahahahahaha uh huh, sure dickhead.

“Brock, 53, a father of three, said he wore tactical gear because he was afraid of getting injured by counter-protesters such as "BLM or Antifa." He found the zip-ties on the floor and picked them up, intending to give them to a police officer if he encountered one, the New Yorker reported.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/air-force-veteran-identified-capitol-zip-ties-senate-floor

I hope he's a good pilot because he lies like an 8-year-old.

• Like 3

Damn, step aside Brisket.....

Here’s the hell of it: none of what he or I have warned against requires genius-level thinking. It’s been plain and obvious. All of it.

Most people just don’t want to believe things are this bad. But reality doesn’t give a shit about what we want.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

When MAGA sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of mental issues, and they're bringing those issues to us. They're bringing white supremacists. They're bringing Q anon. They're bringing insurrectionists. And some, I assume, are good people.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So why did you have a gun in that bank?

Antifa.

Why did you point it at the tellers and demand they empty the safes? 

BLM.

Why did you shoot five people on the way out?

Antifa and BLM. 

A year or two ago, the answer to all three would have been “George Soros!”

I guess I give them credit for updating their scapegoats every now and then...??

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Yep. That question Biden answered yesterday where he ventured into the history books of Nazi Germany and got #TraitorTed all kerfuffled....that was just Seth Meyers Yes GIF by PeacockTV

Pissed off Biden is my favorite Biden. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Man was I wrong.  I didn’t worry too much when Trump was elected.  I thought that our system was robust and resilient enough to minimize the impact of an idiot blowhard in the role of Chief Executive.  Turns out a whole lot of damage can be done by repeatedly going hard into the guardrails.  

I had the same thoughts when Dubya was elected.  When dotard was elected I knew we were fucked, like proper fucked.

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I knew we were fucked when Dubya was elected. 

I didn't know of Molly Ivins' writing until we moved to Texas, but my word she was a Texas treasure. Whenever someone mentions Dubya, I think of her.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Apostrophe
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I knew we were fucked when Dubya was elected. 

I really think he could have been a good peacetime president. I think we would have had a meaningful bipartisan immigration reform bill and could have gotten a good bit down the road on healthcare reform.  He was maybe the person least equipped to handle something like 9/11 and had the worst possible staff in place to negotiate the aftermath for him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Again....it seems clear that numerous capitol police officers colluded and conspired with violent terrorists. They should go to prison.

Yep.  Doesn't appear to be a widespread internal co-opting, as many did their jobs.  But a select few did not.  And leadership may have been co-opted.

Also sounds like maybe certain entrances were co-opted to let people in without a fight.

Just now, Sawbonz said:

I really think he could have been a good peacetime president. I think we would have had a meaningful bipartisan immigration reform bill and could have gotten a good bit down the road on healthcare reform.  He was maybe the person least equipped to handle something like 9/11 and had the worst possible staff in place to negotiate the aftermath for him. 

He just picked the wrong staff.  Just like Strong and Herman.  I think he was probably fucked either way.  And, that's on him.  

42 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Some of that is pretty good, but a lot of it reads like surly after a Herman/Strong/Brown PC.

I read the entire thread, it was dang long for Twitter, but anyone who believes Ivana was telling the truth about Trump studying fascist leader's speeches could believe it when reading that. I mean, he has help, sure, but he's evil.

9 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Corporate puppet, 100%. Never pretended to be anything else.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Llogg said:

Corporate puppet, 100%. Never pretended to be anything else.

My husband thought W really just wanted to stay governor and be a baseball team owner, mostly the baseball team owner. That's the thing about families, sometimes they want you to be something and so you try and please them and after awhile you just don't know what else to do. I've seen it in all sorts of professions. Not just the 'tiger' parents and it has its plus side but the cost can be weighty on both a personal and greater level.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

So why did you have a gun in that bank?

Antifa.

Why did you point it at the tellers and demand they empty the safes? 

BLM.

Why did you shoot five people on the way out?

Antifa and BLM. 

You know, considering that you only need one Trumpkin on the jury to prevent conviction, if I was a defense attorney handling an impossibly guilty client, I would be utilizing this defense.