The US Capitol has been Breached [News]

immamac

27 minutes ago, Hate said:

How did the 5 people die? I know about the officer that was hit with the fire extinguisher, one other officer/guard had a stroke (I think), and the lady that was shot by the SS agent. I haven’t heard of what happened to the other two people.

COVID

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

news update:  They vote on articles to impeach today or tomorrow.  It passes and is sent over to Senate for trial preparation.  Mitch procedurally drags plus they don't officially have to reconvene until the 19th. More procedural drags.  Trump leaves office on the 20th.  Georgia Senators are seated on the 22nd.  Mitch claims his hands are tied after that and he can no longer protect his party's leader---Donald Trump.  Democrats now have cover to drop the incitement/insurrection charges because those are crimes by which to remove Trump from office and they wouldn't have a 2/3 vote even with the two new Georgia senators.  
Here's the kicker.  The second portion of the Impeachment is that Trump never be allowed to hold federal office ever again.  And that vote, only requires a simple majority.  50 votes + the Vice President (and/or a couple of defecting Republicans).  With just a few days delay, and a new simple Democrat Majority...the Master McConnell effectively rids his party of Donald Trump for 2024 and beyond. 
McConnell gets to look like he wasn't forcibly trying to remove Trump, maintains most of the base, he doesn't hamper but doesn't support what's going on under Pelosi's evil House Chamber, Trump is technically impeached a second time, but they avoid the embarrassment of being removed from office at least, and the cherry on top is McConnell doesn't have to swing a gavel but in that lack of gesture---he washes his party's hands of Donald Trump forever.  Pretty fucking genius actually.  He lives to run the Senate in 2022 again and hand-picks the candidate for POTUS in 2024.  And nobody murders Mike Pence on live TV which I think Mike would appreciate.  

I honestly don’t think Trump could get elected dog catcher at this point. But I still don’t want him to be able to run.

8 minutes ago, Hpara759 said:

COVID

the co-morbidities that the county health officials will conveniently ignore being:  tased scrotum, fire extinguisher embedded in skull, some sort of pointy metal thing lodged in woman's neck, another pointy metal thing, one more pointy metal thing that seems to have entered through the mouth (wouldn't have happened had he been wearing a mask), and then a stroke.  

I'm tired of all this Covid-19 double-counting for deaths.  It's just about hospital codes billing for more money. 

Of course we have more Capitol deaths, we have the biggest Capitol.  

Edited by Lobo

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

the co-morbidities that the county health officials will conveniently ignore being:  tased scrotum, fire extinguisher embedded in skull, some sort of pointy metal thing lodged in woman's neck, another pointy metal thing, one more pointy metal thing that seems to have entered through the mouth (wouldn't have happened had he been wearing a mask), and then a stroke.  

I'm tired of all this Covid-19 double-counting for deaths.  It's just about hospital codes billing for more money. 

Of course we have more Capitol deaths, we have the biggest Capitol.  

a108798f44c389c5076cfc5d49448856_w200.gi

When my wife gently, yet sternly, clutched my balls in one hand, went rummaging around the nightstand drawer with the other hand, and said, "You ready to fuck the lightning"?  I should have clarified what she meant.  Ended up being much cheaper than a vasectomy.  She's so good at saving us money, plus she knows I love ball-play.

Edited by Lobo

33 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

More true words have never been spoken.  Austin's very own chapter of Democratic Underground.

Hey look everyone Baba decided it's been long enough since his embarrassing performance on the Covid thread that he'd return to grace us with more hot takes!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BradInATX said:

Hey look everyone Baba decided it's been long enough since his embarrassing performance on the Covid thread that he'd return to grace us with more hot takes!

Hey it's Brad.  How about this.  Maybe go fuck your own face you pedantic twat.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Gentlemen, this is not the time for divisiveness.  We need unity.  Not one man in this country will rest for a minute until the people that perpetrated this insurrection are brought to justice.  Now let's go grab a bite to eat. 

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Gentlemen, this is not the time for divisiveness.  We need unity.  Not one man in this country will rest for a minute until the people that perpetrated this insurrection are brought to justice.  Now let's go grab a bite to eat. 

This thread was better when it was focused on ball tazing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This thread was better when it was focused on ball tazing.

sounds like something Lance Armstrong would say about his HGH investigation thread. 

14 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

#Icarus

Appropriate analogy since your false god decided to fly to close to the sun and incite a riot, and is now crashing down to the ocean to die painfully choking out on seawater which is how some nurses describe watching a Covid-19 patient's final moments. I guess that makes you Daedalus?

Pedantic Twat?  I for one, enjoy a formal vagina that pays attention to detail.  

In real news---FBI now reporting with the Capitol so obviously locked down, insurrectionist chatter now moving to taking over the SCOTUS building for their part in failing to 'Stop the Steal.'  with most justices at the Inauguration, it would be unclear what the purpose would be.  Perhaps to lay explosives?  

Edited by Lobo

trump is now the first president to be impeached twice. And the common factor in both cases was an attempt by trump to subvert democracy and institutionalize big lies to solidify his power. First it was using the power of the presidency to menace Ukraine to create a sham investigation into Hunter Biden to denigrate his opponent Joe Biden, then it was inciting a riot to #STOPTHESTEAL and prevent the constitutionally mandated counting of electoral college votes for president Joe Biden.

Fuck trump. And anyone who still supports his seditious lies.

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

trump is now the first president to be impeached twice. And the common factor in both cases was an attempt by trump to subvert democracy and institutionalize big lies to solidify his power. First it was using the power of the presidency to menace Ukraine to create a sham investigation into Hunter Biden to denigrate his opponent Joe Biden, then it was inciting a riot to #STOPTHESTEAL and prevent the constitutionally mandated counting of electoral college votes for president Joe Biden.

Fuck trump. And anyone who still supports his seditious lies.

They haven't voted for impeachment, unless I missed something. 

Was formally impeached when they gaveled out at 4:37-EST.  

Seems like a harsh punishment for a man encouraging patriots to exercise their first amendment rights.  

The gaveling of the vote seems appropriate since that was the time of death of one of the riot victims.  

There will be no Senate trial for the incitement/insurrection charges however.  Only a trail to decide whether or not the person that did this can ever hold federal office.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

There will be no Senate trial for the incitement/insurrection charges however.  Only a trail to decide whether or not the person that did this can ever hold federal office.  

Best part is that there are two historic impeachments that set the precedent that barring from future office only requires a simple majority, rather than a 2/3rds for removal from office [source]. Don't even need any seditious senators to see the light

13 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Impeached his fatass twice. I still maintain that it is mostly political grandstanding *unless* they can block him from running in 2024. That actually benefits Republicans, but I just don’t want to see him try to build a political following again.

Oh they can block him, that’s what the Republicans want.   They just don’t want the baggage associated with being part of a seditious criminal enterprise.  Which is what they are. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Climactic Conflict?  "What does that even mean Wang, huh...I don't even know what that means 'climactic conflict is here'?"  

If it means what I think it means...I get to sit back in my nice neighborhood and drink wine while stupid domestic supporters are killed by police, national guard, and U.S. military.  And I get to tell my daughters that this chapter of stupidity never happened.  I hope more of some of you sign up to be cannon fodder.  Certainly cheaper for us in the long run.  Plus maybe you'll get an aisle at Hobby Lobby named after you.  

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

Best part is that there are two historic impeachments that set the precedent that barring from future office only requires a simple majority, rather than a 2/3rds for removal from office [source]. Don't even need any seditious senators to see the light

That's not quite true. The Senate would first have to vote with a 2/3 majority to convict by the Articles of Impeachment, even if he's out of office. Only once he's been convicted by at least one of those, then they can vote for any future disqualifications with a probable simple majority. But that requires a second vote, I can only occur if 2/3 of the Senate can first convicts him on at least one of the Articles.

They'll still need 2/3 of the Senate members present to convict.

• Like 1

If there is no vote on removal from office, there can be no requirement it was passed with a 2/3rds majority.  There is a deal underway to skip that step since he'll already be outta office.  No guarantees obviously since we are in completely uncharted territory.  /noCR

Climactic Conflict?  "What does that even mean Wang, huh...I don't even know what that means 'climactic conflict is here'?"  
If it means what I think it means...I get to sit back in my nice neighborhood and drink wine while stupid domestic supporters are killed by police, national guard, and U.S. military.  And I get to tell my daughters that this chapter of stupidity never happened.  I hope more of some of you sign up to be cannon fodder.  Certainly cheaper for us in the long run.  Plus maybe you'll get an aisle at Hobby Lobby named after you.  

This. Let them attack en masse....and die en masse.