The US Capitol has been Breached [News]

immamac

39 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

So, the Capitol insurrectionists.... are they still considered to be terrorists or to be treated like common criminals? I’m kinda confused about all the terminology being flung around.

"None dare call it treason" doesn't apply anymore?

Treason GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

But of course this was a right-wing storming of the Capitol.  John Birchers excuse that type of treason, I suppose.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

So, the Capitol insurrectionists.... are they still considered to be terrorists or to be treated like common criminals? I’m kinda confused about all the terminology being flung around.

Rosenberg and her cohorts were clearly engaged in terrorism/treason/criminality. The Capitol insurrectionistas who made death threats certainly could be classified as such, but most of the remaining mob appeared to be nothing but trespassing tourists. The ones who broke shit up and desecrated government property are nothing but criminal vandals. The ones who assaulted cops should go to prison and serve their full sentences.

In the end though, it would be karma to see Bison Boy being pardoned/commuted and wind up hired as an adjunct professor of rabble-rousing at A&M or Liberty University. 

There were all kinds of idiots who either stormed or walked in to the capitol that day depending on when they arrived at the doors and where. They are all criminals though. Some much worse than others. 

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

There were all kinds of idiots who either stormed or walked in to the capitol that day depending on when they arrived at the doors and where. They are all criminals though. Some much worse than others. 

Totally agree. Even the least egregious were a bunch of unruly assholes, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

You could say storming any government building was treason, nest say paw?

One could, I suppose, with sloppy thinking.  

But the word is used appropriately when armed insurrectionists storm the capitol in a coordinated effort to halt a Constitutionally required session of Congress to transition power from one President to the next after an election.

Just a tad bit more important, dont-cha think?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Totally agree. Even the least egregious were a bunch of unruly assholes, IMO.

My guess is a large part of the crowd watching trump speak was in the dipshit naive category. Then once that mob got close to the capitol the actual insurrectionists took over and using the crowd broke through the police lines allowing everyone to enter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

So if somebody were to go on a killing spree and shoot several of these insurrectionist in various places around the American South where those people still live.  Could that person claim that they were tempted to commit treasonous insurrection on their own government as well by these actual capital stormers?  Could that person then say they reached the end of their rope, were having a bad day, and decided to shoot some of these capital assaulters to remove that temptation...and that their murderous spree had nothing to do with politics or almost all of the capital insurrectionists being White?  Is that justifiable?  

This was a coordinated attack. We’re the vast majority of the trump supporters there a part of that? Of course not. But the actual insurrectionists needed the pawns to have enough numbers to allow them the means to breach the capitol itself. 

They succeeded in doing that. They failed to kill pence though or any other congressman. So eventually it was called off and the coup attempt was a failure. 

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

One could, I suppose, with sloppy thinking.  

But the word is used appropriately when armed insurrectionists storm the capitol in a coordinated effort to halt a Constitutionally required session of Congress to transition power from one President to the next after an election.

Just a tad bit more important, dont-cha think?

That is true for those who were attempting to do just that.
But was that the intent of everyone who walked into the building, or were some only there to protest the proceedings, just like we have seen numerous times from various activists interrupting congressional activity?

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

My guess is a large part of the crowd watching trump speak was in the dipshit naive category. Then once that mob got close to the capitol the actual insurrectionists took over and using the crowd broke through the police lines allowing everyone to enter.

Yep, that’s the way it looked. The extremists used the useful idiots as cover.

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

But was that the intent of everyone who walked into the building, or were some only there to protest the proceedings, just like we have seen numerous times from various activists interrupting congressional activity?

Did their support provide material to traitors seeking to stop the Constitutionally mandated transfer of power after an election? If proven, they are guilty like a getaway driver would be guilty for the underlying crime of bank robbery. 

Those you want to absolve were a force multiplier for the hard core traitors and they were working under marching orders from the podium speakers before the insurrectionists moved to the Capitol building. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The 12th amendment of the constitution states:

“The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted; -- The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President”

Well good old mike pence was the president of the senate. If he ain’t around anymore to open all the certificates then what? I guess that is what they were banking on. 

I think it’s moronic but there’s a reason why they were hunting specifically for Pence and Pelosi. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

That’s stretching it quite a bit, as there were probably plenty of the rabble who had no idea what the extremist activists were planning. For the record, I don’t know anyone who was involved in that embarrassment.

Who knows. The insurrectionists had a plan. They had been openly promoting their plan on Fox and elsewhere. I say we believe their words. The rabble did their part to further the plan. 

A jury of their peers will decide on (most likely) lesser crimes for these rabble, but there is no doubt in my mind they furthered the plans of those who came there to stop the Constitutional transfer of power. As did those who were on the podiums encouraging the insurrection. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Empowered Stupidity in the form of idiotic sheep mindlessly driven from one pen to the other on January 6th in order to accomplish something shitty on behalf their only slightly less-idiotic insurrectionist leaders.  If you think about it, the perfect ending to one of the darkest chapters in American History.  I hereby endorse this new narrative! 

Edited by Lobo

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

Empowered Stupidity in the form of idiotic sheep mindlessly driven from one pen to the other on January 6th in order to accomplish something shitty on behalf their only slightly less-idiotic insurrectionist leaders.  If you think about it, the perfect ending to one of the darkest chapters in American History.  I hereby endorse this new narrative! 

There certainly is no shortage of that all over this country in all walks of life & persuasions.

• Hook 'Em 1

The New York Times obtained recordings of police communications from Jan 6 and synced it to video.  It provides the perspective of frontline police and the supervisors immediately directing them.  Worth a watch. Nine minutes in length. Hopefully, this will dispel some of the disinformation pushed immediately after the siege on twitter and shared here that tried to show police as complicit by video of protesters passing through inconsequential barricades.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000007655234/weve-lost-the-line-radio-traffic-reveals-police-under-siege-at-capitol.html?playlistId=video/2020-Elections

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Have they determined why there was so little security around the Capitol in spite of all the warnings about potential violence from the extremists?

The House and Senate held hearings on that topic earlier this month.  I don't think a singular reason was established for why they weren't prepared for the insurrectionists.  Since then, the House and Senate have been tied up with fixing the economy.  I understand there will be an independent commision in the House to look into that question.  

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/what-congressional-hearings-have-revealed-so-far-about-capitol-riot-failures/2570332/

• Hook 'Em 1

It was a logic fallacy circle jerk.  We know everybody was late.  We know everybody was unprepared.  We know everybody was understaffed.  We know everybody was too far away.  We know there is a breakdown in command.  We know there was a breakdown in communication.  We know there was a failure to execute the protective mission in a timely fashion.  We know people died as a result.  We know a helluva lot more people were minutes away from death.  The hearings were just a redundant circle jerk pouring over every minute of the assault in excruciating detail.  And then basically Democrats standing up at the end and saying, "This is an outrage against the Republic!  Not one Member of Congress will rest for one moment...until we've learned who is responsible for these gaps in command and preparation, and prosecute them for treason!  Now let's break for recess."  And they've basically been patting each other on the back ever since.  

On 3/20/2021 at 2:40 PM, Armybrat said:

The law on intent does not ask the question "were they actually thinking this?"  Intent is proven objectively, not subjectively.

On 3/20/2021 at 2:55 PM, Armybrat said:

That’s stretching it quite a bit, as there were probably plenty of the rabble who had no idea what the extremist activists were planning. 

On 3/20/2021 at 3:06 PM, washparkhorn said:

Who knows. The insurrectionists had a plan. They had been openly promoting their plan on Fox and elsewhere. I say we believe their words. The rabble did their part to further the plan. 

12 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

From what little I’ve read, some of them expressed their intent very clearly with the threats they apparently made on social media. 

A bunch of the organizers/insurrectionists were posting like crazy on various social media platforms, and they made sure everybody knew what they were going to storm the Capitol (and "storm" is a word that is a huge part of their mythos),  and they wanted everybody to know how brave they were, and they really needed the likes and clicks.

But they definitely needed those hundreds/thousands of Karens who just wanted to speak to the manager.  Without those Karens, they don't get inside.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/21/2021 at 7:15 AM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Imagine the crowd being a mix of “Muslim protestors” and “Muslim terrorists”.

Now imagine how many fucks would be given trying to differentiate between the two.

imagine just about anything. shit the other day i had a bad day - think about it. i mean it may just happen. to fucking find myself anywhere near an unruly mob I mean just think about it! i can't be responsible. all buildings matter.

3 hours ago, staboner said:

to fucking find myself anywhere near an unruly mob

An unruly mob that was putting their own shit on full blast on social media, bragging about what crimes they were going to break, or were breaking.

And for an unruly mob, a lot of them put a shitload of effort into the location and timing for capturing the perfect selfie, only for law enforcement to use it against them.

spacer.png

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

^

Powerful stuff.  

I saw a poll that indicated 80% of certain political supporters do not know that the U.S. Capitol where the House of Representatives and Senate are located, is the American 'Seat of Government.'  A powerful and meaningful title in Western Democracies.   Rather, they think it's the White House/Oval Office.  Which would help to explain why assaulting it seemed justified.  

Yeah, yeah...noCR.  It's important to understand what people view the U.S. Capitol as in order to understand the Insurrectional Breaching.  For the record, more 9/11 Islamic Terrorists understand the Capitol as the Seat of Government than do most Texans.  

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

^

Powerful stuff.  

I saw a poll that indicated 80% of certain political supporters do not know that the U.S. Capitol where the House of Representatives and Senate are located, is the American 'Seat of Government.'  A powerful and meaningful title in Western Democracies.   Rather, they think it's the White House/Oval Office.  Which would help to explain why assaulting it seemed justified.  

Yeah, yeah...noCR.  It's important to understand what people view the U.S. Capitol as in order to understand the Insurrectional Breaching.  For the record, more 9/11 Islamic Terrorists understand the Capitol as the Seat of Government than do most Texans.  

To be fair, Texans are used to their seat of government being on wheels

• 2 weeks later...

Another "breach" of the Capitol, this time an active mass shooting is afoot.  

Sign outside the Capitol fence proudly states, "This site has been insurrection free for '___86___' days.  Stay Safe, America!"  Q assures me that 86 days has a statistical significant from his time working in the kitchen at Chili's where he 86'd more than one executive order.  Can't wait to hear about brand of American stupidity this shooter adheres to.  

22 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Another "breach" of the Capitol, this time an active mass shooting is afoot.  

Not so much, running a car into a concrete barrier protecting the capitol then brandishing an AR-15 assault knife was as close as he got to an 'Active mass shooting'.  Though he was shot by security, and is reported to now be dead.

The loser idiot did hit 2 officers who were taken to the hospital, one in critical condition.

Congress was not in session.

GXiNiNC4?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Hook 'Em 1

My bad, earlier report was he was shooting, not being shot.  That's what I get for listening to Newsmax.  

He was attacking the Capitol and its Police.  Hopefully he's not shot dead so we can learn from the vast expanse of his brain.  

sucks though because it had been 86 days since our last sacking.  14 more days, we would have gotten to go out for Friday margaritas. 

Thankfully, Congress was not in Session but I doubt this dipshit knew that.  Fuck, I know one Congresswoman who tacitly revealed this week she didn't know the difference between the House and Senate.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

My bad, earlier report was he was shooting, not being shot.  That's what I get for listening to Newsmax.  

He was attacking the Capitol and its Police.  Hopefully he's not shot dead so we can learn from the vast expanse of his brain.  

sucks though because it had been 86 days since our last sacking.  14 more days, we would have gotten to go out for Friday margaritas. 

Thankfully, Congress was not in Session but I doubt this dipshit knew that.  Fuck, I know one Congresswoman who tacitly revealed this week she didn't know the difference between the House and Senate.  

Actually, newsmax was correct. The shooter is dead.

Unfortunately, a cop also died.  RIP to the cop--prayers for his family. 

Fuck the shooter in the asshole.

Well yeah man, the Koran is just the first testament of the bible.  The second testament is called the Torah.  This famous guy that couldn't name one bible verse told me that.