The US Capitol has been Breached [News]

immamac

bullcrap? It was something on the fox website.  I'm not watching multiple TV's right now.  Just a laptop at work. There's a lot of news coming through on multiple channels.  Sorry If I haven't seen it all yet today clapclapclap...shit's kinda happening fast today.  The only thing moving slow is Trump. 

And isn't clapclapclap the mentally disabled poster who thinks the Mayor of Washington, D.C. somehow controls the U.S. Capitol Police?  

Their uniforms literally say "United States Capitol Police" but you think the Mayor of D.C. is their Commander-in-Chief?  It's impossible you're that stupid yet you posted it upthread.  

Edited by Lobo

41 minutes ago, Captainant said:

This is rebellion. Fuck all you tankies who would blame DC or anyone but the president and his supporters. 

This isn't equivalent to the BLM protests and riots. The cause of overturning an election and violating the constitution is not just. Fuck you if you make that comparison seriously

Antifa and BLM are no better. 

Fuck you

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 7

I have to say I'm confused as a political science major---somehow these dipshits knew about this obscure date in the electoral process.  One that has been largely ignored by everyone by Steve Scully at C-SPAN for the last ten elections.  They know about the minutia of the process and exactly when they should storm the Capitol as the two chamber debates just began...but they don't know that Capitol is the seat of the U.S. Government.  It's not the White House, not the SCOTUS chambers, not the Pentagon, not the Texas State Capitol.  The Seat of the Government of the United States is that Capitol Building.  And has been for over 200 years.  

I'm getting so drunk before my district's School Board meeting tonight.  Just gonna ask how we're going to address this in middle school civics classes tomorrow and then hang back and watch the debate.  

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It's actually very patriotic and cool to get way more upset at a Target getting burned down than at the US Capitol being captured by a white supremacist mob.

to be fair, white supremacists sorta let them capture it by not holding the line and then taking selfies with them afterwards

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

lulz at clapclapclap acting like calling the election fraudulent and stolen for literally months isn't the reason why there's a mob of terrorists inside the capitol building right now.

I find people like you, unable to contain their political vomit during/after tragic events, ineffective, jejune and ultimately vile.

• Hook 'Em 11
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, RollLeft said:

I find people like you, unable to contain their political vomit during/after tragic events, ineffective, jejune and ultimately vile.

I'm not sure I'd call this event a tragedy.  That usually requires the downfall of a noble hero.  There were no heroes storming the Capitol today.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

my dude, it's not political vomit to call what happened "terrorism" - it's statutorily correct. I find people ultimately vile who wish to ignore that the sitting US president held a rally for this group of terrorists in which his personal attorney suggested a trial by combat, and ended with the president TELLING HIS MOB TO GO TO THE CAPITOL. 

The red hats are there because they have been lied to and led to believe their election was stolen. That is their motivation, and I challenge you to disagree with me.

You cannot leave out motivations when discussing a terrorist attack.

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

One woman is dead after being shot in the chest. Hope it was worth it for her. 

Last reported in the hospital, in critical condition, appears to have been shot in the neck.  Someone was recording nearby when it happened, may have been shot by security responding to the thugs breaking the windows in front of her.

graphic:

Spoiler

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I'm not sure I'd call this event a tragedy.  That usually requires the downfall of a noble hero.  There were no heroes storming the Capitol today.

Tragedy is reserved for heroes?  If my mother was shot today I assure you it would be a tragedy. That our capitol building was stormed, regardless of the reason or persons is tragic.  That a bystander was shot by insurrectionists is tragic.   C'mon man.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lobo said:

one of the most secure buildings in human history.

Not even close. And I would have made that correction before anything that happened today went down.

I mean, no building with that many people in and out every day that the public is allowed to tour is "one of the most secure buildings in human history". I wouldn't say it's even one of the most secure buildings in DC. 

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

it does appear that DC Capitol police literally opened the gates for the terrorists. Wild.

Typical MAGA 4-D chess.  "Lord Vader, they're attempting to enter the Death Star.  Should we lock it down?"  

"Oh no, let them in.  And see to it that they find their way to me." 

I think what a lot of people are missing is, meaning those folks who are flabbergasted and so (rightfully) upset and bemused, is that the faction doing this doesn't believe they are being treasonous. They believe they are patriotic and supporting/keeping Democracy alive against treasonous/seditious insurgents. It's that simple and it's no different than a schizophrenic believing they are saving their baby, instead of causing harm, by submerging in the bathtub in an act of mercy.

Everyone involved in this and supporting this sees this as exactly the same as "Good Trouble" in the same vein as those who coined the phrase, in their opposite persuasions.

I believe this is the result of the true great cause of our problems-- a lack of a shared belief/value system, as a whole, due to the explosion of population across a wide geography coupled with lightning speed internet that has shattered a more-or-less-shared political ethic into a million little pieces (h/t to Frey). There is no superglueing what divides us because what divides us is both ephemeral and eternal; it's immediate animal reaction and it's a timeless brokenness innate to the human condition.

Pontius Pilate sang it best: "What are truths? We both have truths-- are yours the same as mine?"

Edited by DonkeyCigars
Andrew Lloyd Webber, Baby!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/04/politics/muriel-bowser-dc-national-guard-protests/index.html

Washington (CNN)Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller on Monday approved a request from the mayor of Washington to deploy DC National Guard forces to the city to support local authorities during pro-Trump demonstrations scheduled in the city this week, a defense official told CNN.

Mayor Muriel Bowser made the request Thursday in a letter addressed to Maj. Gen. William J. Walker, the commanding general of the DC National Guard, in which she referenced protests in the city in November and December that "resulted in a large influx of participants, violence and criminal activity."

"No DCNG personnel shall be armed during this mission, and at no time, will DCNG personnel or assets be engaged in domestic surveillance, searches, or seizures of US persons," Bowser, a Democrat, wrote in the letter.

DC Police Chief Robert Contee told reporters on Monday that the National Guard will assist with "crowd management" and traffic control, freeing the city's police officers to focus on potential acts of violence and other security issues.

National Guard activated for D.C. protests, with more restraints than in June, officials say

Edited by clapclapclap

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

who was defending the capitol?  Blake Gideon?

Hi-Oh!  

I rise now to ask a prudent question as I review my 2021 Resolutions.....will illiterate U.S. citizens storming their own Capitol affect our nation's credit rating?  

Edited by Lobo

57 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Where were the Capitol Police to allow this shit to happen?

I don't get this at all.  They literally have rules of engagement that would allow them to start using lethal force against people threatening the safety of those inside.  There needs to be some people fired.

Shit, the Vice President was there, and some reports are that he's still stuck there because they couldn't safely evacuate him.

56 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I have to say I'm confused as a political science major---somehow these dipshits knew about this obscure date in the electoral process.  One that has been largely ignored by everyone by Steve Scully at C-SPAN for the last ten elections.  They know about the minutia of the process and exactly when they should storm the Capitol as the two chamber debates just began...but they don't know that Capitol is the seat of the U.S. Government.  It's not the White House, not the SCOTUS chambers, not the Pentagon, not the Texas State Capitol.  The Seat of the Government of the United States is that Capitol Building.  And has been for over 200 years.  

I'm getting so drunk before my district's School Board meeting tonight.  Just gonna ask how we're going to address this in middle school civics classes tomorrow and then hang back and watch the debate.  

drumpf knew.......and scheduled a rally within walking distance that started right around the same time.    Coincidence?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

One woman is dead after being shot in the chest. Hope it was worth it for her. 

The video shows her trying to climb over a barricade put up by security, and she gets shot.  Literally "fuck around and find out" playing out in real life.

Really fucking sucks for her and her family.

Is there any link or information regarding the number of protestors/rioters at the Capitol?  The earlier Pro-Trump rally was described as "thousands" of Pro-Trump protestors, but nothing concrete on estimated numbers.   Looking at current pictures it doesn't seem to be 50K, but closer to a thousand.

While hoping that everyone who broke the law gets arrested and punished to the full extent of those laws, I am also a little incredulous about the news media not providing any size/scope for the protests/mob. 

"500 Pro-Trump supporters break into the Capitol" (vs 10,000 or some more significant number), doesn't seem like revolution/insurrection but more like a group of mouth breathers who need to be arrested.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

The video shows her trying to climb over a barricade put up by security, and she gets shot.  Literally "fuck around and find out" playing out in real life.

I think she did it thinking they'd name a junior high after her back home.  

Only thing her name is gonna be on back home in a public facility is the family law judge who takes her kids away.  Only positive I can give this pack of terrorist dipshits was at least they all seemed to have left their kids at home.  Which is actually suspicious in another way when you stop and think about it.  

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

update: she found out permenantly.

more lies to incite more violence. People are rioting and committing terrorist acts BECAUSE they are so sure the election is fraudulent. 

It's surprising to see the DC police bring the kid gloves out for these terrorists, when we're so familiar with their ability to enforce a curfew and a perimeter with violence.

Remarkable how all of these WHITE TRUMP rioters haven't faced a lick of repercussions for violating the curfew after trespassing a federal property. Most of the folks who've been negging me in this thread were VERY enthusiastic about boots on black necks during the BLM protests and riots. It's surprising to see them cool so much on property damage after assaulting the Capitol, last time we were clocking a few pages an hour. 

.... I wonder what's different this time.... 

• Hook 'Em 3