The US Capitol has been Breached [News]

immamac

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

It blows my mind how many people were so stupid.

I mean, it'd be one thing if you had a bunch of Timothy McVeigh/Unabomber types with manifestos, Qanon incels living in their moms' basements, etc.

You know, people with very little to lose.  You expect them to go all in.

But holy shit, it's a bunch of cops, real estate agents, insurance company employees, small business owners, etc.

People with a lot to lose, with a lot of skin in the game, and who are fully cognizant of what they are doing.

We have conscripted/government-sponsored militaries now.  We have for a couple centuries.  But they are an historical rarity.  Typically, the first wave are "professionals", the smart ones.  Supported by family, royalty, merchants, et. al.  Pay-your-own-way mercenaries in a sense.  then you send the dumbasses, the cannon fodder.  

This first wave were "the smart ones"...the waves of dumbass Trumpers follow next.  We have tens or even hundreds of thousands of idiots left to go before the next chapter in this book.  

28 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Somehow I think “fully cognizant” is not an accurate description of most of them

True.  But at some point, they were able to rub some brain cells together and start up a business, pass a bar exam, graduate a police academy, get their real estate license and manage to sell some properties, etc.

Qanon Shaman?  Absolutely expect him to be there and trying to lead things.  Same with the other qanon neckbeards who finally got out of mom's basement.

But most of the others?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

A shame that there wasn't, like, some kind of serious airborne virus affecting the country that would have given these brilliant minds the ability to freely hide their faces during their insurrection activities. Ah well, next time.

4usqve.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It blows my mind how many people were so stupid.

I mean, it'd be one thing if you had a bunch of Timothy McVeigh/Unabomber types with manifestos, Qanon incels living in their moms' basements, etc.

You know, people with very little to lose.  You expect them to go all in.

But holy shit, it's a bunch of cops, real estate agents, insurance company employees, small business owners, etc.

People with a lot to lose, with a lot of skin in the game, and who are fully cognizant of what they are doing.

That's pretty standard fascism. The most fervent fascists come from the middle and upper-middle classes.

So Garrett Miller should be set free so we can heal as a nation?  Guy was just charged with attempted assassination of a federally elected official.  
what a goddamn patriot.  

I hope some of y’all don’t jerk off to his tweets announcing he’s inside the Capitol and going to kill AOC.  

worst part is every time the media talks about this guy, they say “Texan...Garrett Miller.”

Pentagon restricted commander of D.C. Guard ahead of Capitol riot

The commander of the D.C. National Guard said the Pentagon restricted his authority ahead of the riot at the U.S. Capitol, requiring higher-level sign-off to respond that cost time as the events that day spiraled out of control.

Local commanders typically have the power to take military action on their own to save lives or prevent significant property damage in an urgent situation when there isn’t enough time to obtain approval from headquarters.

But Maj. Gen. William J. Walker, the commanding general of the District of Columbia National Guard, said the Pentagon essentially took that power and other authorities away from him ahead of a pro-Trump protest on Jan. 6. That meant he couldn’t immediately roll out troops when he received a panicked phone call from the Capitol Police chief warning that rioters were about to enter the U.S. Capitol.

“All military commanders normally have immediate response authority to protect property, life, and in my case, federal functions — federal property and life,” Walker said in an interview. “But in this instance I did not have that authority.”

Walker and former Army secretary Ryan D. McCarthy are set to brief the House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday behind closed doors about the events, the beginning of what is likely to become a robust congressional inquiry into the preparations for a rally that devolved into a riot at the Capitol, leaving five people dead and representing a significant security failure.

The Pentagon (and specifically, recently appointed trump admin people) was directly involved in the stymying of the defense of the Capitol. The pentagon's inaction very nearly led to terrorists kidnapping and hanging the VP. We very nearly got putsched. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Kinda off-putting for a very pro-military patriot like myself.  

"They've posted their intentions to storm the Capitol and assassinate certain political figures."
"Look, we're the DoD...we can't get caught up in every single online rumor."  

"Well, they've been incited by Trump and other GOP leaders.  They're marching there now, have stormed the security gates and are running free throughout both chambers looking for soft targets.  Some of them are armed and appear trained and coordinated, there's reports of explosives and aide from law enforcement on the inside."

"Well, I mean...yeah...okay.  That sorta sounds like something we should be responding to.  But everybody in the building today is on Iran duty so y'all are gonna have to roll solo on this one.  Mmmkay?  Thanks, bye."  

Capitol Police chief apologizes for security failures during the assault, including a delay in calling for Guard troops.

The acting chief of the Capitol Police apologized to Congress on Tuesday for the agency’s massive security failures on Jan. 6, acknowledging during a closed-door briefing that the department knew there was a “strong potential for violence” but failed to take adequate steps to prevent what she described as a “terrorist attack.”

Yogananda D. Pittman, the acting chief of police, also confirmed that the Capitol Police Board, an obscure panel made up of three voting members, had initially declined a request two days earlier for National Guard troops and then delayed for more than an hour as the violence unfolded on Jan. 6 before finally agreeing to a plea from the Capitol Police for National Guard troops, according to prepared testimony obtained by The New York Times.

In an extraordinary admission, Chief Pittman, who was not the acting chief at the time of the siege, told members of the House Appropriations Committee, which oversees funding for the agency, that the Capitol Police “failed to meet its own high standards as well as yours.” She added, “I am here to offer my sincerest apologies on behalf of the department.”

Her comments offered the fullest detailed account to date about police preparations for Jan. 6, when thousands of angry protesters, believing false claims that the election had been stolen, marched on the Capitol at the behest of former President Donald J. Trump.

Speaking by video conference in a virtual briefing, Chief Pittman told the committee that the department “should have been more prepared for this attack,” according to the remarks.

Chief Pittman said that her department knew Jan. 6 would be unlike previous protests. She said her department knew that militia groups and white supremacists organizations would descend on Washington.

“We also knew that some of these participants were intending to bring firearms and other weapons to the event,” she said. “We knew that there was a strong potential for violence and that Congress was the target. The department prepared in order to meet these challenges, but we did not do enough.”

She said the Capitol Police had 1,200 people working on site when the attack occurred, which was “no match” for “the tens of thousands of insurrectionists.”

Two days before the attack, Steven Sund, then the chief of the Capitol Police, requested that the Capitol Police Board declare a state of emergency and authorize a request to secure National Guard support. The board denied the request, according to Chief Pittman, but encouraged Chief Sund to contact the National Guard to determine how many guardsmen could be sent to the Capitol on short notice, which he did.

As the protesters became an increasing threat to the Capitol on Jan. 6, Chief Sund asked for more help from federal agencies and law enforcement agencies in the area. “He also lobbied the board for authorization to bring in the National Guard, but he was not granted authorization for over an hour,” Chief Pittman said.

Two of the board members at the time of the attack have already resigned: Paul D. Irving, the House sergeant-at-arms, and Michael C. Stenger, the Senate sergeant-at-arms. The third member, J. Brett Blanton, the Architect of the Capitol, is still on the board. Mr. Blanton was nominated by Mr. Trump in December 2019 and confirmed by the Senate that same month. The chief of the Capitol Police serves in an ex-officio, non-voting capacity.

“In my experience, I do not believe there was any preparations that would have allowed for an open campus in which lawful protesters could exercise their First Amendment right to free speech and at the same time prevented the attack on Capitol grounds that day,” Chief Pittman said.

In the aftermath of the attack, many officers are suffering from PTSD, she said, “particularly after the loss of two of our officers directly and indirectly as a result of the events of January 6th.” Officers also have been an experiencing an increase in coronavirus infections.

During the briefing, the acting House sergeant-at-arms, Timothy P. Blodgett, also said it was “clear there was a failure of preparation,” citing poor communications and a weak perimeter defense of the Capitol.

“Whether it was insufficient or conflicting intelligence, lacking ability to translate that intelligence into action, insufficient preparation or an inadequate ability to mobilize partner agencies for immediate assistance, a series of events, once thought unfathomable, unfolded allowing our most sacred halls to be breached,” Mr. Blodgett said.

If you don't feel like reading, the main fact takeaways from some of the first congressional testimony on the terrorist attack are:

• The Capitol Police Board declined a request on Jan 4 for National Guard Troops
  • The Capitol Police Board delayed over an hour before calling for help
  • The Capitol Police knew that militia groups and white supremacists would be in attendance
  • The Capitol Police knew "that some of these participants were intending to bring firearms and other weapons to the event"
  • The Capitol Police knew "that there was a strong potential for violence and that Congress was the target"
  • The DC National Guard was "ready, but had to wait for specific approval to go out to launch"
  • Many officers are suffering from PTSD "directly and indirectly as a result of the events of January 6th"
  • DC officers have seen an increase in coronavirus infections 

EDIT: Found the acting police chief's full statement here. TLDR:

• It's a statement from Acting Chief Yogananda Pittman, who appointed to replace Chief Sund who was in charge leading up to and during Jan. 6. But she doesn't throw him under the bus.
  • As of Jan 4 they knew full well that to expect something a lot more dangerous than a typical protest, and but the they nonetheless failed to to prepare adequately. A key aspect of that she points to is that Sund requested, on Jan 4th, National Guard on duty to help, and that the Capitol Police Board refused that request. The capitol police board comprises the Chief (non voting), the two Sergeants-at-arms, and the "Architect of the Capitol" who is essentially the chief building manager for the Capitol, the grounds, and other related federal buildings, and is a Trump appointee.
  • A mistake not mentioned in her statement is that Chief Sund previously assured members of Congress on the committee that oversees him that he had what was needed already, in contrast to this statement and his own previous statements that he was alarmed before Jan 6th at being unable to get the support he needed.
  • There are details about some of the operational failures the day of. But one that's notable is:
    • "Third, once it became clear that the mob was getting too close to the Capitol building, I ordered a lockdown of the Capitol, which means that every entrance should have been closed and sealed to prevent entry from the outside. The Department has very specific lockdown procedures that require the lockdown to take effect even when officers remain outside of the building. The policy may not have been consistently followed."
Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 3

Maybe I’m missing something, but why does the Chief of the Capitol Police have to ask for permission for how he should secure the Capitol building? Isn’t that literally their mission - to secure the Capitol and the surrounding areas?

Why are there separate Sergeant at Arms positions for the House and Senate when they basically have the same mission?

What the hell is the Architect of the Capitol and why does that person have any say in security matters?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Why are there separate Sergeant at Arms positions for the House and Senate when they basically have the same mission?

this seems to imply they answer to some representatives and senators. Or does the buck really stop with the board? 

And have those responsible at the Pentagon been named yet? Why is it taking so long for these fuckers that bare so much responsibility to get outed?

• Hook 'Em 1

TFW your own SecDef says you're the problem

Mattis: Trump 'fomented' Jan. 6 Capitol assault

Former Defense Secretary James Mattis said Thursday the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol was “fomented” by former President Donald Trump, and exemplified the “internal threats” faced by the U.S. that should be viewed “with every bit as much gravity as the external problems, and perhaps more so.”

Speaking during an online event, Mattis walked through a list of national security threats such as North Korea, Russia, China and international terrorism, but then turned his attention to the U.S.

“There are also internal threats right now,” he said, citing “the lack of unity on the consensual underpinnings of our democracy, and what we saw on Jan. 6, fomented by a sitting president.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Man, ANITA not only infiltrated the Capitol that day, but also Capitol Police Department, the D.C. National Guard, the Department of Defense, and Trump's brain.  This goes all the way to the top.......and the bottom!  

3 hours ago, immamac said:

What if trump is antifa? 

Galaxy brain. 

The guy is 2-D checkers on a good day.  Listening to Trumpers talk about his genius and strategy just makes me remember playing "Axis & Allies" with friends in grade school.  Invariably, we'd take our time and set up the board and the sides and the money and the manufacturing and the unit placements.  And  3 moves in, somebody would just start playing 'green army guys' with the plastic pieces on the board.  Trump is a lot of things, some of them brilliant, but a political strategist he is not.  He was the most useful pawn in the history of chess.  So if your leader is a pawn, that makes you...the dried jizz on the bottom of the board you fucking idiots. 

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The guy is 2-D checkers on a good day.  Listening to Trumpers talk about his genius and strategy just makes me remember playing "Axis & Allies" with friends in grade school.  Invariably, we'd take our time and set up the board and the sides and the money and the manufacturing and the unit placements.  And  3 moves in, somebody would just start playing 'green army guys' with the plastic pieces on the board.  Trump is a lot of things, some of them brilliant, but a political strategist he is not.  He was the most useful pawn in the history of chess.  So if your leader is a pawn, that makes you...the dried jizz on the bottom of the board you fucking idiots. 

You jizz on the bottom of game boards?

On 1/31/2021 at 11:10 AM, immamac said:

This is unreal. I wonder what other evidence they are sitting on. 

https://nypost.com/2021/02/05/nude-wood-sitting-on-a-bed-meme-included-in-capitol-rioter-complaint/

...A viral internet meme of a naked, well-endowed man was included in an affidavit filed by the FBI to support federal charges against a suspect in the Capitol riot....

Spoiler

brian-mccreary-meme-1-1.jpg?quality=90&s

Edited by clapclapclap

So I guess he's hoping he's acquitted by a Hung Jury?  Too soon?  

I'm watching some video again of that fateful day and just laughing at all the spineless cowards who thought they were winning something back for their side.  And all they did was give us all something to laugh at.  They should get back on their knees and do what they do best...take the table scraps we toss them.  They're conquered, they're beat.  Tell them to shut up and accept it just as they have for centuries.  250 years in, I gotta explain to the common idiots how we run this show?  I don't know who told them they are "Very Special"...but they're not...they're toys we use for amusement.  Tell them to shut the fuck up and get back to work.  We have shit to exploit and the dumb ain't getting any smarter.  This four year charade has been exhausting for us, not only does everybody not deserve a seat at the table, but they must also accept their fate-mediocrity.  Blame people of color, immigrants, or liberals if you want...but you know deep down inside who keeps you at your station.  You fucking imbecilic morons.  Get down and stay the fuck there. 

Edited by Lobo

Yall should watch the House managers opening exhibit, I'll post it here when I can find a link. It's a really well-produced video that aligns the timeline of trumps speech with the actions inside and outside the capitol. trump would say something, and then the mob would start to all echo it. Like you hear the speech echoing in the video on the capitol steps as they're starting to skirmish with police - his tweet criticizing Pence during the attack had people chanting "HANG MIKE PENCE" while literally erecting gallows on the capitol grounds.

It's wild shit, like looking into what the march on rome or the beer hall putsch must have felt like.

EDIT: found a twitter clip of it, I'm sure it'll be up on youtube soon enough

Edited by Captainant

You know if you have evidence that those insurrectionists committing violent acts at our seat of Government, were in fact ANTIFA or false-flag operators, a federal trial with the most 100 powerful Americans as jurors, being broadcast around the world, would be a really good place to casually mention it.  Likewise, if part of your defense is that they were there to overturn the "greatest political crime in American history".........this would also be an excellent time to make mention of it.  Just throwing it out there, I'm no constitutional attorney, but if you're sitting on those two "mountains of evidence" that "everybody knows about", this is literally the time.  Just two cents, keep the change.