The US Capitol has been Breached [News]

immamac

I hope that kid has a good network of local small business owners, because no college or corporate employer is gonna touch him with a 10 foot pole.  I know of several "second chance" employment programs around the country, but it's usually for minor drug offenses and the like...the attempted murder of a sitting Vice President isn't really covered by the program.  I'm sure some dipshit local car dealer or something will make the kid the new assistant manager of the parts department so customers can get their picture taken with him.  These people won't be able to open up bank accounts for decades because of the stink on them.  Hard to believe they were just there to keep ANTIFA from mucking up the Capitol building.  

Good to hear...puts an even bigger target on his back in federal prison.  Let's make sure everybody in Cell Block C knows his family has money.  Should make open season even more entertaining. 

On 2/12/2021 at 1:02 PM, Lobo said:

These fucking idiots who couldn’t organize a small boat parade on a sunny day on Lake Travis  were gonna smuggle heavy artillery on the most heavily policed waterway on the eastern seaboard?  These same morons sunk pontoon boats on a man made lake, and they thought they were capable of moving weapons down the Potomac?  

Here’s the fun part-people this stupid are allowed to own semi automatic weapons.  

I miss when stupid people used to Kill themselves out of shame.  

aggy?

It's not a state-crippling freeze, but it still deserves attention

6 Capitol Police officers suspended, 29 others being investigated for alleged roles in riot

One of the suspended officers took a selfie with someone who was part of the mob that overtook the Capitol, according to Rep. Tim Ryan, a Democrat from Ohio. Another wore a "Make America Great Again" hat and started directing people around the building, Ryan said.

Last month, Pittman said the department "has been actively reviewing video and other open source materials of some USCP officers and officials that appear to be in violation of Department regulations and policies."

The suspensions and investigations come at a time of internal turmoil at the department as officers continue to grapple with the insurrection that led to the death of Officer Brian Sicknick. Members of the Capitol Police issued a vote of no confidence in the force's top leaders earlier this month.

At least seven officers in five other departments across the country have come under internal investigations as their presence in Washington during the assault comes to light through social media or other means.

One officer in New York, one in Philadelphia, two in Seattle, two in Virginia and one in Texas are under investigation by their departments for potential rules violations. Additionally, some departments have been contacted by the FBI as part of their criminal investigation into the overrunning of the Capitol.

Some of those that work forces...

• Like 4
  • Rage+1 2

Hearing is ending right now.  Senate committee Reaches the conclusion that this was a planned insurrection.  Which is bullshit; it was merely a fraternity prank that got out of hand.  

1 hour ago, B00M said:

Did we finally find out why the capital was so poorly defended?!

This meeting seemed more like fact-finding and getting one side of the story. There's another hearing next week w/ Pentagon officials, and they were indicated as being reluctant to deploy the national guard to defend congress due to "optics". Gonna be interesting to see where there's daylight between law enforcement (today) and military (next week)

• Hook 'Em 1

Yea really looking forward to what gets uncovered here.

As much as I would have liked to see tanks/troops roll and wipe out every one of those dumbfucks that day, probably better that we just evacuated the building and go about the task of arresting and prosecuting them after the fact.

6 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Yea really looking forward to what gets uncovered here.

As much as I would have liked to see tanks/troops roll and wipe out every one of those dumbfucks that day, probably better that we just evacuated the building and go about the task of arresting and prosecuting them after the fact.

They only bring out the heavy gear if the people are blek, otherwise they worry about optics. It is frustrating that some senators who participated in the hearing were the same folks who helped to incite the insurrection. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/26/us/politics/brian-sicknick-capitol-riot-investigation.html

I'm guessing the FBI either has the guy or has him boxed in.  I doubt they would publicly announce they have a single suspect nationwide, and give that guy time to leave the country or get off the grid (if he hadn't already).  I dunno. 

Guy may as well opt for prison, he's as good as dead out here once his name gets out.  Half the police departments in the country will bid, using civil forfeiture cash from the evidence room, on who gets to "accidentally" shoot this guy in the back on a routine traffic stop while their body/dash cams were in a software update.  

On 2/23/2021 at 4:53 PM, Captainant said:

They only bring out the heavy gear if the people are blek, otherwise they worry about optics. It is frustrating that some senators who participated in the hearing were the same folks who helped to incite the insurrection. 

David Koresh (Vernon Howell) might disagree. 😉

i recall back in the day a cartoon of a kkk meeting where the membership discovered most of their fellows were actually FBI undercover agents or snitches. So it is probable that the feds know exactly who the homegrown terrorist leaders are in this event and what they were planning to do on the Hill.

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

So it is probable that the feds know exactly who the homegrown terrorist leaders are in this event and what they were planning to do on the Hill.

the big lebowski dude GIF

The testimony and evidence so far points to the FBI and other investigatory agencies producing intel which was ignored by Capitol police and DoD. So the question becomes: why did they ignore the Intel, if not to allow the red hats to make a grab at congress?

the cause of death will also very heavily influence the charge the guy gets.  Too much bear spray:  Manslaughter  Blunt force trauma:  Murder.  And all those shades contained therein.  

GRhorn been watching too many murder shows with her other ladyfriends from work.  

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Typically if they say they "can't disclose" that indicates its under seal in an indictment or pending criminal investigation. But don't let me stop you from deflecting blame from fascist insurrectionists.

Well the tweet is Fox ‘News’ so whaddya expect.  

That was a damn funny skit.  But I was thinking...why would they publicly reveal the exact cause of death in maybe the most high profile wrongful death in this nation this year?  all that does is box in the prosecution when trying to go after the harshest possible charge/sentence.  But I think GRhorn and other sympathizers imagine it's always the grizzled veteran Chief of Police in front of press pool with graphic slides showing the exact cause of death and then the sassy but sultry new D.A. takes the podium to announce her exact outline of charges, arraignment, indictment, trial, etc.  So the killer now has the leg up on things to keep it interesting for the rest of the season.  If only...

8 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Midsomer Murders on PBS ftw.

I’m now getting into the podcasts. Lol. I think I have seen every single crime committed since Jack the Ripper. And it’s done like multiple times: ID Network, Forensic Files, Oxygen, OWN, Dateline, 20/20, 48 hours blah blah blah. I will start watching and think it’s a new one and realize “shit they already covered this 8 other times on 8 other shows.”

I miss the old narrator from Snapped. They are on season 27 now of women who “snapped.” The podcasts just mainly look at the unsolved shit so I can do what those ladies in the SNL skit do...try to solve shit from the comfort of my abode. 

Big Day today folks, Big!

4 more hours until the proper inauguration is held!  Sure the U.S. Capitol this morning looks like something out of a Venezuelan dystopian novel, and most members of Congress aren't coming in today for fear of their lives (heard an interview on the radio yesterday with a Member who was leaving early to go get fitted for a bullet-proof vest because of all the death threats they received).  This is completely normal.  This is what the Greatest Country on Earth looks like, cowering in fear to a psychotic 30million Qanon assholes.  Our own brothers and sisters in uniform being told they can now shoot to kill their fellow citizens, so as to avoid having members of our own government being murdered in at our own seat of government.  We are truly Great Again.  

I know a handful of you are cheering on the notion that something might happen today, your lunatic brothers-in-arms might storm again.  So I toast to you, shine on you bat-shit-fucking-crazy idiots.  

noCR/ Just wishing the dumbest and most morally depraved among us, happy March 4th!  You've come a long way, baby!  

No raid on the Capitol yet today.  Must be because either the "patriots" are spineless cowards afraid of anybody stronger than a college female intern defending the hallways of the seat of government...or because they no longer have their "inside man" at the DoD.  Wonder which?  

Edited by Lobo

https://www.theonion.com/south-postpones-rising-again-for-yet-another-year-1819565548

South Postpones Rising Again For Yet Another Year

HUNTSVILLE, AL–For the 135th straight year since Gen. Robert E. Lee's surrender at Appomattox, representatives for the South announced Monday that the region has postponed plans to rise again.

"Make no mistake, the South shall rise again," said Knox Pritchard, president of the Huntsville-based Alliance Of Confederate States. "But we're just not quite ready to do it now. Hopefully, we'll be able to rise again real soon, maybe even in 2001."

Pritchard's fellow Southerners shared his confidence.

"Yes, sir. The South will rise again, and when it does, I'll be right up front waving the Stars and Bars," said Dock Mullins of Decatur, GA. "But first, I gotta get my truck fixed and get that rusty old stove out of my yard."

"Lord willing, and the creek don't rise, we gonna rise again," said Sumter, SC, radiator technician Hap Slidell, who describes himself as "Southern by the grace of God." "I don't know exactly when we're gonna do it, but one of these days, we're gonna show them Yankees how it's done."

"Save your Confederate dollars," Slidell added. "You can bet on that."

The Deep South states of Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, Louisiana, and Tennessee consistently rank at the bottom of the nation in a wide variety of statistical categories, including literacy, infant mortality, hospital beds, toilet-paper sales, and shoe usage. Even so, some experts believe the region could be poised for a renaissance.

"The way things stand, things in the Deep South almost have to get better. Otherwise, the people who live there will devolve into preverbal, overall-wearing sub-morons within a century," said Professor Dennis Lassiter of Princeton University. "Either Southerners will start improving themselves, or they'll be sold to middle-class Asians as pets."

"My constituents are decent, hard-working folk," said Sen. Jesse Helms (R-NC), despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, in his 22nd annual "Next Year, By God!" speech on the steps of North Carolina's capitol building. "We are a proud people who mayn't have all that much fancy-pants book-learnin', but we live and die with pride in our proud heritage and the dignity of our forebears."

Helms' speech was met with nearly 25 minutes of enthusiastic hoots and rebel yells by the 15,000 drunk, unemployed tobacco pickers in attendance.

Though Southerners are overwhelmingly in favor of rising again, few were able to provide specific details of the rising-again process.

"I don't know, I reckon we'll build us a bunch of big, fancy buildins and pave us up a whole mess of roads," said Bobby Lee Fuller of Greenville, MS. "I ain't exactly sure where we're gonna get the money for that, but when Johnny Reb sets his mind to something, you best get out of his way."

"Oh, it'll happen, sure as the sun come up in the morning," said Buford Comstock, 26, a student at Over 'N' Back Diesel Driving School in Union City, TN. "The South is gonna rise up, just as soon as we get together and get all our shit back in one sock. Then, look out, Northerners!"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Seriously though, did you guys go to the Capitol?  Did us Patriots do it again?  Dammit, so sorry I missed it.  Look, I was gonna go I swear.  I was running behind this morning with the kids and school 'n shit.  I got to D.C., got to the Washington Monument.  They told me you had just left for the Capitol again.  I just missed you apparently.  I tried to catch up, but you know...I had the flags and the hat and everything.  And then my tac vest.  It just too much ground to make up.  Dammit, I could kick myself for being just a few minutes behind.  

Anyway, what'd I miss?  We do it?  We take back the country?  Shit, I was packing the extra yogurt with the raisins and the honey like my oldest likes and I was like, "Shit, it's the 4th...I gotta go sweetie!"  Hell, I don't even know if she made it to or from school.  Anyway, you guys keep me posted.  I'm re-ironing all my camo 'n shit tonight.  I'm totally ready, just give me the word.  And I'm on top of it this time.  I blew my tax return on this badass watch that tells time both in Texas and in D.C. at the same time so I'll know exactly when to synch up with you badass Patriots on the East Coast.  Let's fucking do this!  Seriously though, so sorry I missed it today, won't happen again.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 3:06 PM, GRHorn said:

Oh

Since I know you care so much about the issue

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/15/politics/brian-sicknick-capitol-riot-charges/index.html

Washington (CNN)Two men have been arrested and charged for assaulting US Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who died after responding on January 6 to hundreds of rioters who stormed the Capitol, the Justice Department announced Monday.

Julian Elie Khater, 32, of Pennsylvania, and George Pierre Tanios, 39, of West Virginia, are alleged to have worked together to spray police, including Sicknick, with a toxic chemical spray during the Capitol riot. Khater called what was in the cannister "bear sh*t," according to court records, but the Justice Department on Monday said the spray is unknown.
Investigators had struggled for weeks to build a federal murder case in Sicknick's death as they pored over video and photographs to try to determine the moment in which he suffered his fatal injuries. Investigators determined that initial reports suggesting Sicknick had been struck with a fire extinguisher weren't true.

"Officers Sicknick, Edwards and Chapman, who are standing within a few feet of KHATER, all react, one by one, to something striking them in the face. The officers immediately retreat from the line, bring their hands to their faces and rush to find water to wash out their eyes," the FBI wrote in court papers, describing the melee caught on video.
The two men are charged with nine counts, with several of them relating to violence and assaulting officers.
Khater and Tanios were spraying police in the face and eyes as rioters tried to remove bike racks being used as barriers to keep the crowd of pro-Trump supporters away from the west and south side of the Capitol building, court records allege.

Oh.
Edited by Captainant

On 3/15/2021 at 8:39 PM, GRHorn said:

I do. If they’re guilty they should be punished. Am I missing something or did they not get charged with causing the officer’s death?

until you come up with a another conspiracy....like why aren’t they releasing the death details.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I can hardly wait to see the reaction when the next republican president pardons all those MAGA “terrorists”, and they are offered teaching positions in Colleges & universities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Rosenberg

Technically she wasn't pardoned.  Her sentence was commuted to time served, which was still 3 times the national average for her crimes.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 1

So, the Capitol insurrectionists.... are they still considered to be terrorists or to be treated like common criminals? I’m kinda confused about all the terminology being flung around.

Rosenberg and her cohorts were clearly engaged in terrorism/treason/criminality. The Capitol insurrectionistas who made death threats certainly could be classified as such, but most of the remaining mob appeared to be nothing but trespassing tourists. The ones who broke shit up and desecrated government property are nothing but criminal vandals. The ones who assaulted cops should go to prison and serve their full sentences.

In the end though, it would be karma to see Bison Boy being pardoned/commuted and wind up hired as an adjunct professor of rabble-rousing at A&M or Liberty University. 

On 3/2/2021 at 4:05 PM, Captainant said:

Typically if they say they "can't disclose" that indicates its under seal in an indictment or pending criminal investigation. But don't let me stop you from deflecting blame from fascist insurrectionists.

Well, the usual document that establishes a cause of death is a death certificate, and that is a quasi public record, meaning inaccessible to the general public, but available to those with a "need to know," which includes immediate family, official authorities, etc.  And typically, there's no restriction on dissemination of death certificates after acquisition.  For example, in probating or managing the affairs of a deceased, you sling death certificates left and right to the probate court, banks, etc.

The existence of an indictment, sealed or otherwise, doesn't usually change the quasi-public character of a death certificate in that law enforcement authorities would have a "need to know" and could obtain death certificates for use in investigation. And the cause of death in such certificate, any underlying autopsy report, etc., gets publicly bandied about quite a bit, see George Floyd, for example.

It may be that the cause of death remains under investigation by the coroner and other authorities, which may require that it be concealed.