welcome back to the cloak room, surly conservatives

elfenix

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

7 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Land o' Goshen. I step away for two days to bake pies and be festive and convivial and come back to discover ten pages of the last four years writ large. Pretty sure I spotted Fonzi on water skis about five or six pages back.

Regardless of which institution you attended, (looking at AgwithKids), get over being a sugar cookie.

"If you want to change the world: make your bed, find someone to help you through life, respect everyone, know that life is not fair and you will fail often, take some risks, step up when times are the toughest, face down the bullies, lift up the downtrodden, and never ever give up." --William McRaven, in a brilliant speech.

And to quote one of my favorite versions of a beautiful tale: have courage and be kind. One thing Cinderella, or at least Charles Perrault, knew was the power of forgiveness and it is indeed a powerful benefit for the forgiver.

Perrault, however, dealt with wicked stepmothers and not assholes, so differentiating between forgiveness as a two way understanding of a committed wrong and when to turn one's back on unrepentant repetitive behavior requires some reflection.

I think that's all great advice.  And I try to live like that.

In fact, I lost my temper yesterday with one poster so I'd like to formally apologize to @hobbes2702 for saying "fuck you" to him.  No matter what, I try to be respectful, but I wasn't then.  Mea Culpa.

Edited by Ag with kids
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

5 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

giphy.gif

I don’t know. Do you still identify as an R? A supporters of active terrorism against our Republic?

Edited to suggest you might also be intellectually dishonest, like @Ag with kids, who has not acknowledged the difference between impeachment and insurrection.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Explained
  • Hook 'Em 2

Lol.  These morons do not understand.  I refuse to engage their idiocy.  It isn’t worth my time.  It doesn’t register to these idiots that TFG tried to invalidate the results of an election, a free and fair election.  He and his alcolytes tried to disrupt the peaceful transition of power.  And yet, what these assholes get upset about is rep on a fucking internet message board.  

Stop engaging these asshats and neg them into oblivion.   They have zero concept of the truth or reality.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Stop engaging these asshats and neg them into oblivion.   They have zero concept of the truth or reality.

I typically reserve neg repping for outrageously offensive material, or for people who complain about neg rep. But I am beginning to get so tired of people acting all innocent about posting antidemocratic horseshit that I definitely see where you are coming from.

• Hook 'Em 6

18 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

If AWK were pressed, he’d go with the performance art defense. It’s what the radical nutbars from the dishonest chorus do when their backs finally hit a wall.

He's using the persecuted victim strategy. Chapter 1, page 1 of the GOP playbook.

"I tried to engage in an honest debate with data and replies but they insulted me. I kept asking them if they were going to call me racist/nazi/fascist and even though no one did, I know they wanted to."

When you can't win on the logic/merits then obfuscate, play the victim, and retreat to a safe space. It's a coward's strategy but it works. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t know. Do you still identify as an R? A supporters of active terrorism against our Republic?
Edited to suggest you might also be intellectually dishonest, like [mention=2294]Ag with kids[/mention], who has not acknowledged the difference between impeachment and insurrection.

No, I do not. I voted for dems in 2020 and 2018. Does that mean I’m allowed to mock fucking idiots?

And awk is clearly a troll that pulled you dolts offsides. Although maybe that’s ok give this thread was started in bad faith
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Edited to suggest you might also be intellectually dishonest, like @Ag with kids, who has not acknowledged the difference between impeachment and insurrection.

The only dishonesty @babysdaddy is guilty of is his handicap index. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I typically reserve neg repping for outrageously offensive material, or for people who complain about neg rep. But I am beginning to get so tired of people acting all innocent about posting antidemocratic horseshit that I definitely see where you are coming from.

7B821084-DFE3-4890-A766-B0E9540F81EB.gif

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

AWK appears to be attempting suicide by troll. 

Not to worry. The DT crew like sack and immortal are on the case giving him positive rep all over the place in order to save his soul from purgatory. 

The surly rep wars have reached a stalemate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

No, I do not. I voted for dems in 2020 and 2018. Does that mean I’m allowed to mock fucking idiots?

And awk is clearly a troll that pulled you dolts offsides. Although maybe that’s ok give this thread was started in bad faith

Doltish me could not recall any position of yours on any subject. I appreciate the clear answer. 

What that means is you’re not the total psycho which your post brought into question.

Edited by Willfully Horn
More

11 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

AWK appears to be attempting suicide by troll. 

No.  I actually spent some time with my family for awhile and now I'm on a business trip after traveling all day.

YAY!  Orlando...yet again.

But...My short foray back into surly CR has shown that my previous views of it being basically a Burnt Orange DemocraticUnderground with added TDS are not incorrect...

If @PenelopeWitherspoon would just let me quit renting space in her head (I'd love to BTW), I'd have lost about 70% fewer rep points.  But...oh well.

Hey...If you want CR to be nothing more than a liberal circle jerk, that's cool.  I've avoided 99% of the threads because that's all they appear to be.

I just thought I'd try to offer a differing view on things - outside of the circle jerk.

Well.  Whatever and carry on gentlemen and ladies...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 7

55 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

No.  I actually spent some time with my family for awhile and now I'm on a business trip after traveling all day.

But...My short foray back into surly CR has shown that my previous views of it being basically a Burnt Orange DemocraticUnderground with added TDS are not incorrect...

If @PenelopeWitherspoon would just let me quit renting space in her head (I'd love to BTW), I'd have lost about 70% fewer rep points.  But...oh well.

Hey...If you want CR to be nothing more than a liberal circle jerk, that's cool.  I've avoided 99% of the threads because that's all they appear to be.

I just thought I'd try to offer a differing view on things - outside of the circle jerk.

TexAgs is that way.  I think you’d feel much more at home there with the other mouth breathers.  Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

saturday night live comedy GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Ag with kids said:

By differing view he means saying things that aren’t true.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

By differing view he means saying things that aren’t true.

Seriously, he doesn’t have a “differing view.” He parrots shit that he hears on Fox/Newsmax/OAN/Infowars et al. That’s not a view. Those platforms aren’t mouthpieces for a “party.” They’re mouthpieces for what Norman Ornstein and Thomas Mann years ago (ie when the GQP was less insane) “an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.

When one party moves this far from the mainstream, it makes it nearly impossible for the political system to deal constructively with the country’s challenges.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

It should be a sticky at the top of each thread page:  CR isn't populated by many "liberals".  Historically, I've probably hovered closer to the left edge of CR than most, but there are some who are far more liberal/progressive than me.

What happened around here was Donald Trump made it  clear to most conservatives with a moral compass that he wasn't a classic Republican, he's an authoritarian wannabe.  Rejecting Trump does not make one a liberal.  If a modern day version of W or GHW Bush -- hell, even a Mitt Romney -- were to become a legit candidate for POTUS, at least half the posters here would support that candidate over a Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, etc.

In short, @Ag with kids is either dim, trolling, or both.  Par for the course.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 8:33 AM, Brisketexan said:

I can hang my hat on one issue that will mean I am forever opposed to the GQP: they actively trafficked in, and continue to traffic in, the Big Lie and all that attends it, including a violent attack on the government of my country as it was performing a vital constitutional function.

I am am American all the way through my bones. I saw my country attacked on 9/11, and I was enraged. I saw who the attackers were, and their motivation by a perverse and insane ideology, and I was even more angry. I hate them. I hate those who created and supported them. I still hate those who support them, or excuse them.

I felt the exact same way the next time my country was violently attacked by perverse and insane terrorists, on Jan 6.

Both events attacked and destabilized my country, my republic. I have a strong interest in maintaining a stable, functioning republic.

Those are consistent, conservative, and patriotic reactions, based on consistent conservative and patriotic beliefs.

I have them. The GQP and its supporters and enablers do not - they CONTINUE to traffic in the Big Lie in ways both big and small. Many won’t admit that Trump lost. Functionally ALL use the existence of the Big Lie, which is not supported by ANY credible evidence, as an excuse to restrict the voting rights of their fellow Americans. And it goes on and on. The GQP is not conservative. It is a proto-fascist anti-American organization.

What was your opinion on the 4 years of Russia collusion?

That was different?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

That was different?

I guess Trump and co never had meetings discussing sanctions with representatives of the Russian govt.

I guess Trump and co never shared polling data with representatives of the Russian govt.

I guess Trump and co never publicly asked Russia to hack Hillary’s emails.

I guess Trump never fired the head of the FBI that was leading an investigation about Russian interference in the election, and then said he did it because of Russia.

Same same.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

That was different?

Yes. Very different. Because things like this:

Yes the Russians didn’t attack the Capitol. Trump did though. So I guess that is a difference. Good point I suppose. 

Nobody launched a violent terrorist attack on my Capitol to overthrow the government of my country in connection with the issue of Russian coordination with the Trump admin.

I don’t like violent attacks on my country. I dont like them when they’re al Qaeda. I don’t like them then they’re y’all Qaeda. I’m consistent that way.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes. Very different. Because things like this:

Nobody launched a violent terrorist attack on my Capitol to overthrow the government of my country in connection with the issue of Russian coordination with the Trump admin.

I don’t like violent attacks on my country. I dont like them when they’re al Qaeda. I don’t like them then they’re y’all Qaeda. I’m consistent that way.

a) 5/29/2020 there was a violent attack on the White House that injured 60 Secret Service Agents - they didn't breach the perimeter because the WH is a LOT more protected than the Capitol Building.  But, it was bad enough that the Secret Service evacuated the POTUS to the bunker for safety.

There was very little coverage of this.  And yet all the current criteria being used to define a "violent attack" or an "insurgency" was present that during that event.  Actually, it was much worse.  Since the people trying to breach the WH perimeter were throwing rocks, bricks, bottles, and other projectiles during their attack.

II) As to the Russian collusion issue...I'd say that trying to overthrow the POTUS from INSIDE the government is probably worse.  Lying to the FBI, using fake documents to get FISA warrants, etc.  That scares me much more that a bunch of dumbasses trying to do dumbass things (I'm including 5/29).

Just remember...You're happy because this was done to Trump.  But - maybe next time it will be YOUR  POTUS that this happens to.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 12

2 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

a) 5/29/2020 there was a violent attack on the White House that injured 60 Secret Service Agents - they didn't breach the perimeter because the WH is a LOT more protected than the Capitol Building.  But, it was bad enough that the Secret Service evacuated the POTUS to the bunker for safety.

There was very little coverage of this.  And yet all the current criteria being used to define a "violent attack" or an "insurgency" was present that during that event.  Actually, it was much worse.  Since the people trying to breach the WH perimeter were throwing rocks, bricks, bottles, and other projectiles during their attack.

II) As to the Russian collusion issue...I'd say that trying to overthrow the POTUS from INSIDE the government is probably worse.  Lying to the FBI, using fake documents to get FISA warrants, etc.  That scares me much more that a bunch of dumbasses trying to do dumbass things (I'm including 5/29).

Just remember...You're happy because this was done to Trump.  But - maybe next time it will be YOUR  POTUS that this happens to.

Holy shit you are a complete fucking idiot! LOL. Trump ran off to a bunker because he’s a gigantic pussy. He was never in any danger.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Holy shit you are a complete fucking idiot! LOL. Trump ran off to a bunker because he’s a gigantic pussy. He was never in any danger.

The Secret Service moved him there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd_protests_in_Washington,_D.C.#May_29

The White House was on lockdown the night of May 29 in response to protests reaching the gates.[2] The protests began at 7:00 p.m. By 8:30 p.m., the White House lockdown was lifted as protesters began to leave. At 10:00 p.m., the protesters returned, however by 3:30 am Saturday the protesters were more subdued. The protesters came into conflict with the United States Secret Service. At one point the protesters were pepper sprayed.[3] Protesters reportedly threw "bricks, rocks, bottles, fireworks and other items"[4] as well as "rocks, urine and alcohol"[5] at Secret Service agents injuring over 60 of them, including 11 hospitalized and treated for non-life-threatening injuries.[6]

As a result of the protests, the Secret Service rushed President Donald Trump to shelter in the White House underground bunker, where he remained for almost one hour.[7][8] This occurred after some protesters crossed temporary barricades set up near the Treasury Department buildings. Around that time, the Secret Service alert level was raised to "red". The president's wife and son were also brought to the bunker.[9] Trump later falsely claimed that he had only gone to the bunker for an "inspection", and also claimed that he was in the bunker "for a tiny, little short period of time".[10][11] Attorney General William Barr later stated that the May 29 protests "were so bad that the Secret Service recommended that the President go down to the bunker".[12]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

1 minute ago, Ag with kids said:

The White House was on lockdown the night of May 29 in response to protests reaching the gates.[2] The protests began at 7:00 p.m. By 8:30 p.m., the White House lockdown was lifted as protesters began to leave. At 10:00 p.m., the protesters returned, however by 3:30 am Saturday the protesters were more subdued. The protesters came into conflict with the United States Secret Service. At one point the protesters were pepper sprayed.[3] Protesters reportedly threw "bricks, rocks, bottles, fireworks and other items"[4] as well as "rocks, urine and alcohol"[5] at Secret Service agents injuring over 60 of them, including 11 hospitalized and treated for non-life-threatening injuries.[6]

As a result of the protests, the Secret Service rushed President Donald Trump to shelter in the White House underground bunker, where he remained for almost one hour.[7][8] This occurred after some protesters crossed temporary barricades set up near the Treasury Department buildings. Around that time, the Secret Service alert level was raised to "red". The president's wife and son were also brought to the bunker.[9] Trump later falsely claimed that he had only gone to the bunker for an "inspection", and also claimed that he was in the bunker "for a tiny, little short period of time".[10][11] Attorney General William Barr later stated that the May 29 protests "were so bad that the Secret Service recommended that the President go down to the bunker".[12]

He's still a gigantic twat and wimp. 

2 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Trump later falsely claimed that he had only gone to the bunker for an "inspection", and also claimed that he was in the bunker "for a tiny, little short period of time".

So which is it? Is trump a pussy ass bitch or a raging liar? 

I’ll go with both.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

God I hope your kids had a different genetic father 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Remind us which Democratic leaders were on social media calling for their followers to come to Washington for that riot and who then held a rally where one spoke for 70 minutes about the occupant of the White House being there illegitimately and encouraging the mob to breach the grounds

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

You dumb motherfucker, nobody made up that Trump's kid and senior campaign staff met with an agent of the Russian government after being told that the Russian government wanted to help Trump get elected. 

Jesus fucking christ, saying you have shit for brains would be an insult to someone who actually has shit for brains.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

You’re still here and still a liar I see. Shitty people are shitty I guess.

• Hook 'Em 1