welcome back to the cloak room, surly conservatives

elfenix

22 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

COVID immigrated here legally I guess...

I'm sorry, what?  A virus "immigrates"?  If we squint and assume you meant it was brought to the US by immigrants, do you have any proof of that?  Any proof covid-carrying immigrants were substantially "illegal"?  Or could it have just reached our shores being carried by . . . travelers?

21 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Both of you, take some time and go look at who supported the Civil Rights Act. It doesn't pass without Republican support, because all the Democrat racists were against it.

You supposedly learned folks sure do love to ignore history.

And miss me with the weak ass, they changed parties later nonsense. They were who they were.

There were liberal republicans. There were conservative Dems. You think that’s a lie?

Are you actually celebrating that the racists that used to be Democrats, and now are Republicans as a win? 
No, my dispute with you is about this ridiculous statement:

Yet all the accomplishments were done by Democrats and OPPOSED by Republicans. 
womens rights, civil rights, voting rights, Medicaid, Medicare, Obamacare, gay rights, 
The only thing Republicans have ever accomplished were corporate tax cuts and starting wars. 

Especially, the Civil rights nonsense.

I'm not celebrating the racists, I'm reminding that these guys were Democrats first and voluntarily left. They were not kicked out. So don't act like Republicans are the only party of racism.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm sorry, what?  A virus "immigrates"?  If we squint and assume you meant it was brought to the US by immigrants, do you have any proof of that?  Any proof covid-carrying immigrants were substantially "illegal"?  Or could it have just reached our shores being carried by . . . travelers?

He was blaming immigrants while claiming republicans don’t do that. You can’t write this sort of self ownage.

@Ag with kids probably needs to work on his reading comprehension pretty seriously. There’s multiple things in this thread alone.

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

womens rights, civil rights, voting rights, Medicaid, Medicare, Obamacare, gay rights, 
The only thing Republicans have ever accomplished were corporate tax cuts and starting wars. 

I'm not celebrating the racists, I'm reminding that these guys were Democrats first and voluntarily left. They were not kicked out. So don't act like Republicans are the only party of racism.

I will agree Democrats were the party of racism 50 years ago if you concede the republicans are currently. Both of those things are true.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

The Republicans are the only party of racism now, because the racist Democrats LEFT, and went to the Republican party because they were pissed the their own party, the Democrats, gave equal rights to black people.

Why is this so hard to understand? 

(no Democrats today are denying this happened. Why would they? Because they don’t want to be associated with racists. They’re glad they left) 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Olive branch, I’m well aware of Republican accomplishments like the Disability Act by GHWB,

Maybe just extend a twig from that branch. Bush Sr signed the Act, but people miss some of the story behind that due to rosy revisionism. While he was VP under Reagan, he was the leader of the Task Force for Regulatory Relief and one of its targets was the Education for All Handicapped Children Act. This Act mandated equal access to education for disabled students in all federally funded schools. It was thanks to tireless protests by the disabled community that the Act remained, with the Administration dropping its objections in 1983. Fast forward to 1990 and the Capitol Crawl occurred in March to illustrate the difficulties disabled Americans faced every day. That image and the interviews with the protestors resonated and Bush signed the ADA that same year.

Ability Chicago Info Blog : "Climbing the Capitol Steps ...

There are folks who complain about the ADA and its regulations but thanks to the ADA, I had a relative who was able to be wholly participate in society--getting to work via the bus with a wheelchair lift, and after work going home to an apartment complex where a developer included ADA compliant units. She went from being unable to go to school due to lack of access to being able to attend, graduate, and be self-supporting.

People matter.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ag with kids said:

Drugs? The economy? COVID? Blame immigrants!

Well, Republicans DON’T do that, but maybe you’re listening to the wrong echo chamber.

It was hundreds of illegals, not the millions of anti-maskers/vaxxers/covid-is-a-hoaxers in Texas.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Maybe just extend a twig from that branch. Bush Sr signed the Act, but people miss some of the story behind that due to rosy revisionism. While he was VP under Reagan, he was the leader of the Task Force for Regulatory Relief and one of its targets was the Education for All Handicapped Children Act. This Act mandated equal access to education for disabled students in all federally funded schools. It was thanks to tireless protests by the disabled community that the Act remained, with the Administration dropping its objections in 1983. Fast forward to 1990 and the Capitol Crawl occurred in March to illustrate the difficulties disabled Americans faced every day. That image and the interviews with the protestors resonated and Bush signed the ADA that same year.

Ability Chicago Info Blog : "Climbing the Capitol Steps ...

There are folks who complain about the ADA and its regulations but thanks to the ADA, I had a relative who was able to be wholly participate in society--getting to work via the bus with a wheelchair lift, and after work going home to an apartment complex where a developer included ADA compliant units. She went from being unable to go to school due to lack of access to being able to attend, graduate, and be self-supporting.

People matter.

Damn. I thought GWHB actually did something genuine. Foiled again 

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean….it’s actually fucking funny. Like he’s a clown. He amuses me.

I said the Republicans blame the spread of Covid on immigrants.

He said “no they don’t.”

Then he promptly blamed the spread of Covid on immigrants.

Jesus. It’s like playing against Texas. I could be an intellectual Kansas and still win.

I NEVER blamed the "spread of Covid on immigrants"

And...I remembered when discourse was more reasonable on HF and Shaggy.  Now...I just shake my head.

I think I'll go back to the Food & Travel board where people aren't so angry.

Good luck gentlemen on your "debate".

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Ag with kids said:

And...I remembered when discourse was more reasonable on HF and Shaggy.  Now...I just shake my head.

Oh, that's rich.  Come in, pick a fight, get your ass kicked, and bail.  

Well... ...Bye (captions) | Captionless Memes | Know Your Meme

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Damn. I thought GWHB actually did something genuine. Foiled again 

Well, he DID sign it, but I don't have insight into how he felt personally other than he actively fought against accessibility under Reagan. It could be he was being a good Number Two and once elected, he didn't wait too long to actually sign off on it.

He was in a wheelchair for his last years, so hopefully he was appreciative of the ability to get around in a world where accommodations have been realized. People are complicated and their motives are not always obvious, so whether it was for the greater good or his own personal gain, it got done.

6 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Did you read what you wrote? It’s right there for everyone to see.

Do Republicans blame covid spread on immigrants? Yes or no? You’ve already answered this once in this thread. Let’s see if you’re consistent 

Edited by hobbes2702

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh, that's rich.  Come in, pick a fight, get your ass kicked, and bail.  

Well... ...Bye (captions) | Captionless Memes | Know Your Meme

I'm making some Thanksgiving Day stuff tonight.  Sorry your hate fest will have to wait until later.

But...It's also hard when it's 10+ to 1 posting on this thread.  I can't reply to all of y'all in a timely fashion.  
(Sorry...10 to 3, thanks @Brothahorn @Satoshi)

Edited by Ag with kids
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

50 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

....border security....deregulation......religious freedom......freedom of speech....defending the rights of the unborn........Just off the top of my head. These things were all important before Trump and they’re important now. He just co-opted them. You’re wrong and loud about it, but that’s nothing new. 

Border security? You know how you start cutting down on illegals flooding the border, and make it easier for BP/ICE/etc. to deal with those who still come?  Dry up the jobs.  Really hammer companies that won't stop hiring illegals.  Home developers, construction, produce, shut those companies down that can't stop hiring people that weren't actually vetted. Comb through the IRS and Social Security databases for SS #s that are clearly being used by people who weren't assigned them at birth - it's not hard to do this stuff with their databases (even with the COBOL code still hanging around). You search for SS#s being used at more than one address or more than one name. I've had multiple people using my SS# and Social Security Administration and the IRS could give two shits, and wouldn't even give me information about the addresses my SS# was being used at, because "privacy" laws. I only found out after a bank accidentally tagged me on some shenanigans involving my #.  Oh, and the SSA wouldn't change my SS#, unless my life was "in danger".

But the GOP won't do that, because those home developers, construction companies, agricultural corporations, etc. donate a shit-ton to politicians.  Not a coincidence that Bob "No Relations" Perry was Rick Perry's biggest donor for years.  GOP has had plenty of chances to reform SSA and IRS to fight this stuff.

Deregulation?  GOP can't figure out how to mostly do it responsibly to benefit people/companies who aren't donors.

Religious Freedom? When Republicans talk about how we need more God in school, they mean their "version", because I know they aren't talking about Catholicism in South Texas or San Antonio, or Hinduism or Buddhism in Sugar Land or Houston or Muslims in Dallas. Every time I hear somebody I know talk about how we need more God in schools, I point out that Catholics are the largest religious group in Texas, and all of the sudden it's "oh, no, that's not what I meant!"

Freedom of Speech?  The same party that wants to shut a private company down because it banned some Republicans for spreading really stupid shit on its private platform?

Defending the Rights of the Unborn? Sounds great on paper, but as soon as the kid is born, if the family is dirt poor, the kid is considered a drain on society.

That's just off the top of my head.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

I'm making some Thanksgiving Day stuff tonight.  Sorry your hate fest will have to wait until later.

But...It's also hard when it's 10+ to 1 posting on this thread.  I can't reply to all of y'all in a timely fashion.  
(Sorry...10 to 2, thanks @Brothahorn)

It's not my fault you posted that you were leaving, and then you posted again after you posted that you were leaving.

Seems like a typical Republican angle -- blame someone else for your own failure.  Huh.  That's weird.

3 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

But why don’t they vaccinate them, if they’re making people lose their jobs unless vaccinated?

Huh? Do illegal aliens take jobs such as nursing? Do they take jobs in hi tech. What are you talking about. Jesus just admit you are arguing a stupid position that the republicans have given to you. This is is person who defined my political position as republican until 2016. 

And ironically Rick Perry had some really good ideas about the border prior to 9/11, including working with Mexico to treat some areas as a whole in order to try and raise up the whole border region using education, better healthcare, etc. - he even gave a speech about open borders.

And in 2006 or 2007, Perry was joining in with George W, McCain, Teddy Kennedy, etc. on the notion of guest workers and trying to get a grasp on illegals coming over the border and creating a system that would identify and funnel that cheap labor into the home builders and farmers, etc., thereby freeing up Border Patrol to deal with the truly bad guys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shaddie said:

Huh? Do illegal aliens take jobs such as nursing? Do they take jobs in hi tech. What are you talking about. Jesus just admit you are arguing a stupid position that the republicans have given to you. This is is person who defined my political position as republican until 2016. 

Never mind that the vast majority of those affected by the (currently paused) mandate have a choice -- get the shot or mask up and test every week.

23 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The Republicans are the only party of racism now, because the racist Democrats LEFT, and went to the Republican party because they were pissed the their own party, the Democrats, gave equal rights to black people.

(no Democrats today are denying this happened. Why would they? Because they don’t want to be associated with racists. They’re glad they left) 

Alright, so now were mixing eras. When you were talking Civil rights, Women rights, etc., you know none of that happens without Republican support. So let's move on.

My argument in the modern era is that the Democrats are just as racists as the average Republican. They just practice a softer version. But soft racism is still racism in my book.

And, I'll use the last Dem primary as a prime example. You had Asian, Gay, Female and sorta Black. Yet you guys chose the stale ass white dude. If your rhetoric matched your beliefs, you wouldn't have needed the stale ass white dude to win. But, at the end of the day racism is ok as long as it has a 'D' behind the name. The same guy who made Reagan's Drug bill and Clinton's Crime bill happen, is who you chose. All while crying about systematic racism and how the criminal justice system treats minorities. Well how the heck do you expect to change the system when elect the guy who built the system.? The same guy, who opposed busing because he didn't want white kids growing up in a racial jungle and was called out by his now compromised VP. 

Soft racism is still racism in my book. 

Good night and Happy Thanksgiving.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

@immamac should change this motherfuckers name to Swam4aggy so that everyone knows who they are arguing with.

I love all you guys always appealing to mods to help. Always looking for moderation of speech. Which is fine it’s a private platform but your hard on for it makes it obvious you don’t support free speech on a larger scale. Which helps prove  my larger point. 

• Fuck You 7

9 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Oh good grief. The discourse in the CR is fine if one slows down and selects one topic, states an opinion and then provides support for why they hold that opinion. Others may disagree, but there are other A&M alumni that post and they give as good as they get.

1 minute ago, Satoshi said:

I love all you guys always appealing to mods to help. Always looking for moderation of speech. Which is fine it’s a private platform but your hard on for it makes it obvious you don’t support free speech on a larger scale. Which helps prove  my larger point. 

So u get your shit pushed in and you cry? Good lord you just your trump loving ass. 

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

My argument in the modern era is that the Democrats are just as racists as the average Republican.

This is the dumbest thing I've read or heard today, and I spent a good deal of time with a 7-year-old and two teenagers.

Come.  The.  Fuck.  On.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Border security? You know how you start cutting down on illegals flooding the border, and make it easier for BP/ICE/etc. to deal with those who still come?  Dry up the jobs.  Really hammer companies that won't stop hiring illegals.  Home developers, construction, produce, shut those companies down that can't stop hiring people that weren't actually vetted. Comb through the IRS and Social Security databases for SS #s that are clearly being used by people who weren't assigned them at birth - it's not hard to do this stuff with their databases (even with the COBOL code still hanging around). You search for SS#s being used at more than one address or more than one name. I've had multiple people using my SS# and Social Security Administration and the IRS could give to shits, and wouldn't even give me information about the addresses my SS# was being used at, because "privacy" laws. I only found out after a bank accidentally tagged me on some shenanigans involving my #.  Oh, and the SSA wouldn't change my SS#, unless my life was "in danger".

But the GOP won't do that, because those home developers, construction companies, agricultural corporations, etc. donate a shit-ton to politicians.  Not a coincidence that Bob "No Relations" Perry was Rick Perry's biggest donor for years.  GOP has had plenty of chances to reform SSA and IRS to fight this stuff.

Deregulation?  GOP can't figure out how to mostly do it responsibly to benefit people/companies who aren't donors.

Religious Freedom? When Republicans talk about how we need more God in school, they mean their "version", because I know they aren't talking about Catholicism in South Texas or San Antonio, or Hinduism or Buddhism in Sugar Land or Houston or Muslims in Dallas. Every time I hear somebody I know talk about how we need more God in schools, I point out that Catholics are the largest religious group in Texas, and all of the sudden it's "oh, no, that's not what I meant!"

Freedom of Speech?  The same party that wants to shut a private company down because it banned some Republicans for spreading really stupid shit on its private platform?

Defending the Rights of the Unborn? Sounds great on paper, but as soon as the kid is born, if the family is dirt poor, the kid is considered a drain on society.

That's just off the top of my head.

These takes are pretty much all so nonsensical they don’t deserve an itemized response. And you left out a couple massive parts of the Republican policy. 2nd amendment and lower taxes. But I appreciate you trying to stan for Jimmy JerkOff since I was responding to him 

• Fuck You 5

6 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

I'm the only one that brought up minorities...

Let me walk you through it since your having a tough time. 

I posted a passage from the 2016 Republican platform. In said passage, the Republicans said minority homeownership had plummeted, which was purportedly a bad thing. Then, later in said passage, they said the want to end federal lending quotas to specific groups. Because discrimination is bad. 

You response said lending to people who don’t have money is bad? Why, because it’s racist?

I asked why you think minorities can’t pay their mortgages? 

(here is the disconnect. I brought up minorities because THE ARTICLE I POSTED BROUGHT THEM UP, and I assumed you actually read my post, or even the passage from the Republican platform I actually posted for your convenience)

Then either due to poor reading comprehension or general fuckery you begin to say I’m racist for bringing up minorities. 

30 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Well not all of them left..

5620c689ecf64.image.jpg?resize=1200,791

And were quite celebrated at death.

byrd2jpg-130a75365ec6f222.jpg

But, I'm sure that's ok because he was a Democrat. And probably made some bull apology along the way. Just as long as he has a 'D' behind his name, it's ok.

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And ironically Rick Perry had some really good ideas about the border prior to 9/11, including working with Mexico to treat some areas as a whole in order to try and raise up the whole border region using education, better healthcare, etc. - he even gave a speech about open borders.

And in 2006 or 2007, Perry was joining in with George W, McCain, Teddy Kennedy, etc. on the notion of guest workers and trying to get a grasp on illegals coming over the border and creating a system that would identify and funnel that cheap labor into the home builders and farmers, etc., thereby freeing up Border Patrol to deal with the truly bad guys.

He actually did and it doesn't pain me at all to say that.

Just now, Satoshi said:

Have you actually provided anything worthwhile here?

Let me see. You are a whiny little bitch? 
You know the direction the wind blows here and u think your “reasonable arguments will change everyone’s positions.” Then u cry when we slap you down. 
Go to texags and you will have a nice echo chamber.

Thank god here is real people who can see truth.