Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

Army commanders at Fort Bragg in North Carolina are investigating Capt. Emily Rainey’s involvement in the Wednesday rally. The 30-year-old psychological operations officer told the AP she led 100 members of Moore County Citizens for Freedom who traveled to Washington to “stand against election fraud” and support Trump. She insisted she acted within Army regulations and that no one in her group entered the Capitol or broke the law.

“I was a private citizen and doing everything right and within my rights,” Rainey told the AP.

Don't know where to begin with this one. I mean if these are the smooth brained folks that are supposed to counter Russian subversion, we can fucking surrender now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Also arrested at the Capitol was William Arthur Leary, who owns a manufactured housing business in Utica, New York. In an interview Friday, Leary told the AP that he strongly believes the election was stolen from Trump and that he went to Washington to show his support.

Leary said he doesn’t trust information reported by the mainstream media and that one of his main sources of information was Infowars, the far-right conspiracy site run by Alex Jones. He denied he ever set foot in the Capitol and complained that he was held for more than 24 hours and had his cell phone seized.

They treated us like animals,” he complained. “They took all our phones. I didn’t get to make a phone call to tell anybody where I was.

I mean, if this dude is pissed about having his phone taken away, he must be a huge BLM supporter.

2 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Don't know where to begin with this one. I mean if these are the smooth brained folks that are supposed to counter Russian subversion, we can fucking surrender now. 

She actually is doing a fantastic job as a psychological operations officer. For her actual commander, Vladimir Putin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaysOff said:

Watching adults have childlike tantrums at the airport is awesome. Watching them cry is chef's kiss.

I love the idea that a shitload of people thinking about showing up for the inauguration are all of the sudden realizing that their ability to travel by anything other than car or Greyhound (does Amtrack have a no-ride list?) is in jeopardy if they fuck around and find out.

8 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

They may have named it something else, but when I was in, those folks had to pass a qualification course, or....*drumroll* "Q course".

Honestly, the little I know about them, was that they would interact with the civilian population in other countries, drop leaflets, talk through loudspeakers when going through certain areas, etc.

But she's an officer, so I dunno, those people were always aliens to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

Proud Boys leader Henry “Enrique” Tarrio was arrested Monday in Washington on weapons charges and ordered to stay out of the nation’s capital. Tarrio is accused of vandalizing a Black Lives Matter banner at a historic Black church last month.

Jay Robert Thaxton, 46, was arrested near the Capitol for curfew violations on Wednesday. A North Carolina man with the same name has also been linked to the Proud Boys. He told The Stanly News & Press in 2019 that he was a Proud Boys supporter but wouldn’t say if he was an official member of the group. Another North Carolina newspaper, The Jacksonville Daily News, published a photo of Thaxton wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat at a 2019 protest over the removal of Confederate statues.

Economic anxiety strikes again.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I love the idea that a shitload of people thinking about showing up for the inauguration are all of the sudden realizing that their ability to travel by anything other than car or Greyhound (does Amtrack have a no-ride list?) is in jeopardy if they fuck around and find out.

So if DC cordons off all the parking, how big of a problem would it cause for the locals? Because I’m thinking if even the hard core groups had to walk four or five miles in the cold with their gear to get to the main building, then they might be tired and more interested in some cocoa. 

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

So if DC cordons off all the parking, how big of a problem would it cause for the locals? Because I’m thinking if even the hard core groups had to walk four or five miles in the cold with their gear to get to the main building, then they might be tired and more interested in some cocoa. 

I don’t know anyone who has ever tried to drive into the city for an inauguration, that shit is super locked down anyway, traffic is completely rerouted....You park in Virginia or Maryland and ride the metro in.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

hahahahahhahaha, you think there is Parking in that part of DC? And 4-5 miles are other states. Actually, you may be on not something. Declare DC a nation-state and make anyone without a work permit (Federal ID) or residence request access. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don’t know anyone who has ever tried to drive into the city for an inauguration, that shit is super locked down anyway, traffic is completely rerouted....You park in Virginia or Maryland and ride the metro in.

That makes sense; I guess it would be too much to ask to close the stops about five miles out since people have to get to work in the area. I knew they handled the march from the rally pretty well (the ones in shape) but walking takes awhile and provides some opportunities for cameras to observe. I hope DC is ready and the people are safe. 

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

hahahahahhahaha, you think there is Parking in that part of DC? And 4-5 miles are other states. Actually, you may be on not something. Declare DC a nation-state and make anyone without a work permit (Federal ID) or residence request access. 

I assumed it was like any other big city and pretty scarce. Heck, parking in Austin near the campus is a nightmare since I’m not a local. But since that truck or van they found with the weapons didn’t seem too far away, I thought perhaps they’d found a way. Maybe because it wasn’t an inaugural week?

That makes sense; I guess it would be too much to ask to close the stops about five miles out since people have to get to work in the area. I knew they handled the march from the rally pretty well (the ones in shape) but walking takes awhile and provides some opportunities for cameras to observe. I hope DC is ready and the people are safe. 

Closing the metro stops to five miles out would be closing down not just downtown DC. You’re paralyzing Arlington, Bethesda, Fairfax.....no way in hell.  Granted, I haven’t seen how many people are on the metro in COVID times, but even a train backup on regular days is hell for everyone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

I assumed it was like any other big city and pretty scarce. Heck, parking in Austin near the campus is a nightmare since I’m not a local. But since that truck or van they found with the weapons didn’t seem too far away, I thought perhaps they’d found a way. Maybe because it wasn’t an inaugural week?

Parking always sucks. During an event it is nonexistent. Don't drive into the district. Park in Northern Virginia and take the metro. That applies to going to dinner or the 4th of July. 

• Like 1

There are garages all through downtown and street parking is there but hard to come by (weekends in winter not too bad). I imagine COVID means it’s a bit easier to find.  But on Inauguration Day, forget it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yep, and the metro exits make convenient check points

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

There are garages all through downtown and street parking is there but hard to come by (weekends in winter not too bad). I imagine COVID means it’s a bit easier to find.  But on Inauguration Day, forget it. 

Do you have a permit? Most of those places are in deals with local businesses. The lot we used on 14th had 10% free occupancy. So yeah, there is a garage, but you are not getting in. If I show up and someone is in my spot, they are being towed. 

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Parking always sucks. During an event it is nonexistent. Don't drive into the district. Park in Northern Virginia and take the metro. That applies to going to dinner or the 4th of July. 

Until you linger a bit too long over drinks and find yourself hauling ass down the U Street escalator hoping to catch that last train. 

Say what you will about the gig economy but Uber took the drinks and dinner in the District game to the next level.

• Hook 'Em 2

Do you have a permit? Most of those places are in deals with local businesses. The lot we used on 14th had 10% free occupancy. So yeah, there is a garage, but you are not getting in. If I show up and someone is in my spot, they are being towed. 

I don’t know that I’ve ever tried to park in one on a weekday, no one needs that hassle. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Until you linger a bit too long over drinks and find yourself hauling ass down the U Street escalator hoping to catch that last train. 

Say what you will about the gig economy but Uber took the drinks and dinner in the District game to the next level.

Going down the Rosslyn escalator after a few hours in Georgetown, rushing to catch the blue line back to Crystal City... Barely made and still had time to grab a last round at the Crystal City Club. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Closing the metro stops to five miles out would be closing down not just downtown DC. You’re paralyzing Arlington, Bethesda, Fairfax.....no way in hell.  Granted, I haven’t seen how many people are on the metro in COVID times, but even a train backup on regular days is hell for everyone. 

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. You can tell I’m the kind of parent who believes in getting my children tired enough that settling down to snuggle and read a book before bedtime sounds pretty good to them. 😀

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Or at least it did; they’re big now, I kinda miss the days of reading to my kiddos

Going down the Rosslyn escalator after a few hours in Georgetown, rushing to catch the blue line back to Crystal City... Barely made and still had time to grab a last round at the Crystal City Club. 

The last time I was out in Georgetown a friend had us meet for dinner and drinks with some other couples at the Georgetown Club.  The single guy brought his date, who arrived already drunk, grabbed two more before dinner and proceeded to pass out at the table before the main course arrived. A memorable evening and well worth the stroll over the Key Bridge.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

The last time I was out in Georgetown a friend had us meet for dinner and drinks with some other couples at the Georgetown Club.  The single guy brought his date, who arrived already drunk, grabbed two more before dinner and proceeded to pass out at the table before the main course arrived. A memorable evening and well worth the stroll over the Key Bridge.

Always walk over the Key Bridge vs up M to GW. Unless you want a good slice of pizza or a bad ass shwarma.  My brother used to run the steak house on the roof of the Key Bridge Marriot. Man..... 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

DC traffic is horrendous on a random weekday. I can't imagine trying to drive to the inauguration. Id probably be dead or in jail from apolitical road rage way before I got anywhere near it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

DC traffic is horrendous on a random weekday. I can't imagine trying to drive to the inauguration. Id probably be dead or in jail from apolitical road rage way before I got anywhere near it. 

It is truly awful, likely the worst in the country. I may have reached max fury in my life driving down Route 50 (Arlington Road) on a weekday morning between Tyson’s Corner and Rosslyn.

• Hook 'Em 1

GW parkway when you get behind the tourist traffic.  MoFo's I need to be in Arlington in 30 minutes. Stop thinking that the sign saying CIA exit means a god damn thing. 

Or 395 near the Pentagon. Pick a bridge bitches, they all go north. No city sucks more during the tourist season than DC. 

Guy in this clip that this woman getting kicked off the plane showed up in other videos. Obviously, you can't be sure, but she looks an awful lot like that florist from Midland. I'm not sure if that's correct though as I thought she'd already made it back to West Texas. Doesn't matter though, I suppose. Either way, it's another seditionist who fucked around and is finding out.

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's kind of interesting because I don't recall seeing any video or photos of him doing anything unlawful other than being inside the capitol building. 

I assume that many of these people are going to defend by asserting that they were "admitted" by Capitol Police.  That obviously isn't going to work for those shown breaking windows or barging past security.  Maybe there are signs or something (Congress in session:  no admittance without authorization).

I guess they could be charging anyone they can identify on the premises (as opposed to outside) and letting them defend their presence however they can.  That seems pretty appropriate because the ride may be as much punishment as the time.

Man I don't know about you, but if I'm walking around a place and see an angry mob surging forward, splintered doorways, broken glass, etc I can quickly figure out that maybe I shouldn't be in there.

Judging from the pictures of the Trump Karen brigade (not to be confused with the Karens who fight the assholes in Burma everyday), they tend to look alike. A bit boxy, fake blonde hair, probably have a tat from some place in Tyler (insert SEC state equivalent) and that is what we are up against. 

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He’s already said he wore the gear to protect himself from potential antifa attacks, and that he found the zip ties on the floor and picked them up to give to the cops, but forgot to. 

And the Lizard People teleported him to the Senate floor.  You left out that part.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I didn't say it would work.  But the usual statute, 18 USC 1752, requires that you knowingly enter a restricted area without authorization.  Some of that waving in looked a hell of a lot like authorization.

The other statute that's going to be commonly at play here is specific to the Capitol and encompasses all kinds of bad acts. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/40/5104

Unfortunately, unless you bring a weapon into it, the maximum penalty is six months.

You know, these dipshits are not going to be hiring good counsel, so we would appreciate it if you would shut the fuck up on possible defense strategies.

KTHNXBAI.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You know, these dipshits are not going to be hiring good counsel, so we would appreciate it if you would shut the fuck up on possible defense strategies.

KTHNXBAI.

Or take their case and contribute to the wreath (or fuck sark) fund. Whichever. 

The no-fly folks, and I assume it’s growing by the hour, probably have their head spinning. They were invited to DC by Trump. Trump told them to storm the Capitol. Then Trumps FBI and Homeland Security are punishing them.

Trump will pardon the whole group on his way out. I wish that a reporter would publicly point this out to pence or mcenany to get their comment. Not that it would stop trump but it forces them to be on the record of whether a pardon is appropriate.  Hint: it’s not.

I wonder if a pardon removes you from the no-fly list. I could see a situation that you remain on the list post-pardon since based on your threat to others not a punishment for past crimes.

Has anyone id’ed the 2 dudes that flew to DC with the Dallas realtor, and presumably they paid for the flight?  White Dallas guys who can afford a private plane for the day? Someone here knows both of them, even if just as an acquaintance. Now I have zero idea if they went to the rally with the realtor but someone did to take all of her photos.

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I didn't say it would work.  But the usual statute, 18 USC 1752, requires that you knowingly enter a restricted area without authorization.  Some of that waving in looked a hell of a lot like authorization.

The other statute that's going to be commonly at play here is specific to the Capitol and encompasses all kinds of bad acts. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/40/5104

Unfortunately, unless you bring a weapon into it, the maximum penalty is six months.

How can a cop give them authority to trespass?

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The no-fly folks, and I assume it’s growing by the hour, probably have their head spinning. They were invited to DC by Trump. Trump told them to storm the Capitol. Then Trumps FBI and Homeland Security are punishing them.

Trump will pardon the whole group on his way out. I wish that a reporter would publicly point this out to pence or mcenany to get their comment. Not that it would stop trump but it forces them to be on the record of whether a pardon is appropriate.  Hint: it’s not.

I wonder if a pardon removes you from the no-fly list. I could see a situation that you remain on the list post-pardon since based on your threat to others not a punishment for past crimes.

Has anyone id’ed the 2 dudes that flew to DC with the Dallas realtor, and presumably they paid for the flight?  White Dallas guys who can afford a private plane for the day? Someone here knows both of them, even if just as an acquaintance. Now I have zero idea if they went to the rally with the realtor but someone did to take all of her photos.

My guess is that 1 - the heaviest charges won't get put on them until after Trump is gone, so he can't pardon them. and 2 - a presidential pardon doesn't have anything to do with the no-fly list

If I were any of these rioters, I’d be worried about being charged with capital murder of the police officer.

I’m not a lawyer, but in many cases it doesn’t matter if you actually did the physical act. Such as when you’re the getaway driver for a robbery and your accomplice kills someone while inside the store.