Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

oops indeed. She got "rolled up". A nightclub bartender she knew got popped for small time shit and rolled on her and helped set up the deal. She refused to roll up the guy above her, so they kind of threw the book at her. Possession of a firearm while dealing drugs (there was an antique .22 bolt action in one of the bedroom closets), gram scale and cash in the bedroom, etc. Judge Nowlin actually sentenced her above the federal guidelines (8yrs) and sent her to BOP Lexington. She got it reduced to 4yrs on appeal, and got transferred to BOP Bryan. If you didn't know the Bryan facility was a prison, you'd think it was a middle school campus. 

That must've been quite a while ago.  

Plus,  she's one smart woman to keep her mouth shut and avoid a conspiracy.  Conspiracy would've given her a min of 15, most likely,  and even if she did provide enough evidence they'd cut that in half.  She'd have had to do 85% of 7 1/2 years. 

Instead she did 4.

Your mom is a strong,  smart woman. 

13 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I’ve always had the same thought about RD but never expressed it.  Might have fun, might end up in jail, might end up in Syria.  Possibilities are endless.

Thanks, but Surly is actually the most interesting I ever am. And I'm pretty predictable and boring here. 

4 minutes ago, SKJ said:

That must've been quite a while ago.  

Plus,  she's one smart woman to keep her mouth shut and avoid a conspiracy.  Conspiracy would've given her a min of 15, most likely,  and even if she did provide enough evidence they'd cut that in half.  She'd have had to do 85% of 7 1/2 years. 

Instead she did 4.

Your mom is a strong,  smart woman. 

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Yeah.  Even in 86 they were still hunting conspiracies,  but not like they did in the 90's.

They changed the guidelines courtesy of Clinton's crime bill and really hammered the possession of a firearm and drugs together,  pushing it to a violent crime in and of itself.  They also moved the amount of drugs down for each level,  and upped the time drastically,  especially for Crack (9:1 if I recall) 

This country really went wild with the war on crime under that shithead

6 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

I find that it's important that we learn more about the actions or lack of actions by many of the Capitol police. I don't expect 1 officer to stop 500 people running towards him but I do think Capitol police need some level of autonomy to use extreme force when their lives and the lives of the congressmen or staff look to be at stake.

As for Jenna Ryan, she's such a tough patriot. Taking a private plane to DC, staying at the Westin, probably loading up room service breakfast that AM, and then time to put on patriotic gear to storm the Capitol. Have her 3 compatriots in that private plane been identified? She's posing for many photos so at least 1 of them was with her at the Capitol.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I find that it's important that we learn more about the actions or lack of actions by many of the Capitol police. I don't expect 1 officer to stop 500 people running towards him but I do think Capitol police need some level of autonomy to use extreme force when their lives and the lives of the congressmen or staff look to be at stake.

As for Jenna Ryan, she's such a tough patriot. Taking a private plane to DC, staying at the Westin, probably loading up room service breakfast that AM, and then time to put on patriotic gear to storm the Capitol. Have her 3 compatriots in that private plane been identified? She's posing for many photos so at least 1 of them was with her at the Capitol.

the capitol police thing is tricky because they were weighing the price of guaranteeing plenty of return fire.

9 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

the capitol police thing is tricky because they were weighing the price of guaranteeing plenty of return fire.

I agree that they were fully unprepared for an assault.  I think the end result will be that the Capitol will be hardened, and citizens will have minimal access to the grounds. 9/11 led to people being kept further away from the WH, Jan 6th will do the same for the Capitol. Trump and Osama have more in common now.

3 minutes ago, TexPx said:

Brandon Burden, the pastor at KingdomLife in Frisco, who is also a member of the Frisco Conservative Coalition and a realtor

2 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

Brandon Burden, the pastor at KingdomLife in Frisco, who is also a member of the Frisco Conservative Coalition and a realtor

I must be old because I remember when fundamentalists just did things like wear their hair piled up high and host visiting faith healers.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TexPx said:

Brandon Burden, the pastor at KingdomLife in Frisco, who is also a member of the Frisco Conservative Coalition and a realtor, spoke in tongues in front of his followers on Sunday. He claimed "prophetic voices" said Trump would be president for another eight years.

Another Frisco realtor.  Also sounds like God wants to violate the 22nd amendment and give Trump 2 more terms. I guess technically that could be possible with a new amendment so not entirely out of the question.

Yup. Also ran for city council and speaks in tongues. I watched video of the sermon. Wacko. Scary thing is the same shit is happening in “churches” all over the country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In 2009, this man went to Obama's inauguration.  Then he became radicalized, and went to the capitol nearly 12 years later and died.

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-radicalization-of-kevin-greeson

In 2009, Kevin Greeson traveled from Alabama to witness the inauguration of President Barack Obama, at the time one of his political heroes. Twelve years later, a stone’s throw from where Obama had been sworn in, Greeson died of a heart attack while demonstrating in support of President Donald Trump during the Jan. 6 siege of the Capitol.

Greeson had undergone a stark political transformation in those intervening years. A longtime Democrat who once championed unions and supported progressive politicians, Greeson had become a staunch Trump supporter by the time he died outside the Capitol at the age of 55.

In the weeks leading up to his death, he gave up Fox News for less mainstream right-wing news sources and wrote a series of posts on the conservative-leaning social media site Parler advocating political violence in response to what he saw as Democrats’ efforts to “steal” the 2020 election from the president.

“Let’s take this fucking Country BACK!! Load your guns and take to the streets!” he wrote on Dec. 17.

While Greeson’s inflammatory Parler posts and false online rumors that he tased himself to death have drawn considerable attention, his political transformation has not.

“He was a vice president at the union, and he was an Obama supporter,” said Mark McDaniel, the Huntsville attorney representing the Greeson family. “He got interested in Trump because he felt he was more business-minded, and as the economy kept getting better, he kept getting more interested in Trump.”

For much of the late 20th century, north Alabama was home to a number of large factories and industrial facilities that provided blue-collar jobs with decent wages to people like Greeson. But many of those positions were eliminated over the past two decades as manufacturers and plants closed or sold to foreign companies — and as the jobs disappeared, the Democratic Party’s support dwindled.

Spoiler

“I think things are getting more polarized,” said Doug Norman, a 73-year-old retired Decatur man who ran a waste oil recycling company for many years. “Over the last 10 years, there was a shift.”

Over a plate of eggs Benedict at Whisk’d Cafe, a lunch spot in Decatur near the former Goodyear plant where Greeson worked for over two decades, Norman said that, like many other longtime residents, he has become more committed to Republican politics over the past 10 years. He, too, said he believes the 2020 election was “stolen” from the president.

“I think a lot of people saw where the stock market, unemployment and economy were going, and they started moving toward Trump,” he said. “A lot of my friends weren’t even into politics, but Trump kind of activated something.”

Greeson wasn’t the only Trump supporter from north Alabama with high-profile ties to the Jan. 6 insurrection. Lonnie Coffman, a 70-year-old from Falkville, a rural community about 30 miles from where Greeson lived, was arrested near the Capitol the night of the riots. He was indicted on 17 federal weapons charges after police allegedly found materials to produce Molotov cocktails and five illegal firearms — including an AR-15 — in his pickup truck.

A.J. Kramer, the federal public defender for the District of Columbia, said Thursday that his office is representing Coffman but that it had not yet made any filings in his case.

Nancy Stephenson, who worked with Greeson at the Goodyear plant, left Alabama in 2007 for Memphis, Tennessee, and then for Houston. She returned in 2016 to find a changed — and charged — political landscape. According to Stephenson, the steady elimination of good jobs had combined with concerns about immigration and the Affordable Care Act to drive many people she knew in the area to take a hard right turn.

“When I left, they were into golf clubs and fishing poles,” she said. “When I got back, it was automatic weapons.”

“It’s All Republicans Now”

For 21 years, Greeson worked at the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company plant in Decatur where his father worked before him. He started out on the factory floor and eventually took on a leadership role with Local 88T of the United Food & Commercial Workers union.

Greeson stopped working at the plant in 2006, according to his LinkedIn profile — the same year a South Korean firm, Hyosung Corp., purchased the red-brick complex.

In the early 2000s, many people who worked in manufacturing in north Alabama supported Southern Democrats, and Obama enjoyed support on assembly lines and in union halls. The region was mostly red, but not intensely so, and there were pockets of blue.

Morgan County, home to the former Goodyear plant, and neighboring Limestone County, where Greeson lived, both favored George W. Bush in 2000 with around 60% of the vote. But over the years, north Alabama grew more Republican. By 2016, Trump received more than 70% of the vote in both counties. And there were no longer blue counties nearby.

Bryan Duncan, a corrections officer at Limestone Correctional Facility and an Athens resident, said he’s felt the political winds shift since he first moved to north Alabama over two decades ago.

“It’s all Republicans now,” the 45-year-old said as he headed into Walmart in Athens on Tuesday afternoon. “I think people became more interested in the Republican Party especially due to social media and the easy access to everybody’s opinions. It’s easier to find more people on your side.”

Valeria Vizcarra, an Athens waitress, said that though she is only 20, she is old enough to have seen how politics have affected her community. “When Trump came into office, they became more outspoken for sure,” she said Tuesday. “They like that he was a businessman.”

She, like Stephenson, said that locals see in Trump a leader who’s looking out for the middle class.

“I believe the Obama policies caused a lot of soreness in this area,” Stephenson said. “And I honestly think people thought Trump was going to make them wealthy.”

Jess Brown, professor emeritus of government and public affairs at Athens State University, said many people share a “frustration” with the way the economy has declined in north Alabama.

“People who lack specialized skills and probably an education beyond a high school diploma in today’s market are not experiencing social mobility,” he said. “That simply was not the case for generations of people following the industrialization of America.”

“Intellectual Rathole”

For most of his adult life, Greeson got the majority of his news from mainstream sources like CNN and AL.com, according to his wife, Kristi, who answered questions through the family attorney, McDaniel.

But over the past few years, Greeson gravitated toward Fox News and other conservative outlets as he became enamored with Trump and the good he believed the president was doing for the economy and for American industry.

In the days after Trump lost his reelection bid in November, Greeson posted on Parler that he, like many diehard Trump fans, no longer trusted Fox News, and that the cable channel had “jumped ship.” Instead, he declared that he would only consume news produced by the pro-Trump, far-right outlet Newsmax, and that he would use Parler instead of Facebook.

“I’m done with Facebook and Fox News!” he wrote in a November Parler post, called a Parley.

“We can’t get anything true from the news media,” he wrote in another November Parley. “NewsMax is the only channel I’m trusting at this point.”

Greeson’s wife, who declined to respond to questions about her own politics or how her husband’s political transformation impacted their family, told McDaniel she saw the shift in her husband’s media habits.

Greeson became convinced that Trump had won the November election, a false narrative ceaselessly pushed by both the president and many far-right outlets.

Brown said it didn’t surprise him to learn that Greeson’s views intensified as he consumed increasingly fringe media.

“The new media landscape of America encourages extreme political behavior,” Brown said. “Do I think there’s a component or subset of the electorate in north Alabama that’s gone down that intellectual rathole? I certainly do, but I think they’ve gone down that same rathole in Colorado and in Montana and other places.”

In the weeks after the election, Greeson posted a series of violent messages on Parler, calling for people to take up arms against a political system he considered corrupt. He shared support for the white supremacist Proud Boys movement, called for Obama to “be put to death” and expressed his apparent hope that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi would die of COVID-19.

On Nov. 29, Greeson called for members of Congress to support Trump’s attempts to overturn the election: “Stand the fuck up! Our President is being took (sic) out of office in [a] coup and you motherfuckers do nothing!! It might take a few years but Trump and the American people will take you fucks out of your office.”

A Final Trip

On Jan. 5, Greeson drove from Alabama to Washington, where he did some sightseeing that evening and spent the night at a friend’s house in Virginia. The next day, he joined the crowd of protesters who had gathered on the National Mall to express support for Trump and demand that Congress “stop the steal” and overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

McDaniel said that despite Greeson’s menacing online rhetoric, his wife does not believe he had any intention of committing violence on Jan. 6. And unlike Coffman and some other attendees of the events that day, police have not alleged that Greeson had illegal weapons or committed a crime in Washington.

“I think that he looked at social media as something where he was just talking to friends. Nothing in this man’s life would lead anyone to believe that he was headed up there to do anything bad or anything sinister,” McDaniel said. “According to [Kristi Greeson], he was just a really big Trump supporter, and he wanted to go up there and show his support and live the experience.”

Little information about exactly what happened in the minutes and hours preceding Greeson’s death is available. In a written statement sent to members of the media after his death, his wife noted that he “had a history of high blood pressure, and in the midst of the excitement, suffered a heart attack.”

McDaniel said Greeson was on the phone with his wife when he went into cardiac arrest.

“He was talking to her on the phone and he quit talking,” McDaniel said. “She was upset because she thought he had hung up on her.”

McDaniel said that in the days following Greeson’s death, his wife spoke on the phone with a reporter who saw her husband in the moments before his death and a person who attempted to resuscitate him, and that they both told her Greeson was outdoors on the Capitol grounds at the time.

The Metropolitan Police Department incident report states that he “was in the area of the United States Capitol in attendance of first ammendment (sic) activities” when he had a heart attack.

According to the incident report, Greeson was declared dead at 2:05 p.m. on Jan. 6. Minutes later, the first rioters broke into the Capitol.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I agree that they were fully unprepared for an assault.  I think the end result will be that the Capitol will be hardened, and citizens will have minimal access to the grounds. 9/11 led to people being kept further away from the WH, Jan 6th will do the same for the Capitol. Trump and Osama have more in common now.

Right.  What do Donald Trump and Osama Bin Laden have in common?

• They both attacked Washington DC
  • They were both taken out by members of the Obama/Biden administration
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

But remember, of the ~300 that the FBI has admitted to identifying...1 has ties to ANTIFA/BLM.  So obviously we know who orchestrated this whole thing.  Was listening to talk radio this morning (I know, I know...I shouldn't be...but I like to see what all sides are saying).  And they couldn't shut up about this one guy identified as an alt.left operator/instigator).  And they just got done talking about the 100 arrests and the other 200 they're officially searching for.  1 out of 300.  That's even worse than Trump's legal record in the election protest.  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

But remember, of the ~300 that the FBI has admitted to identifying...1 has ties to ANTIFA/BLM.  So obviously we know who orchestrated this whole thing.  Was listening to talk radio this morning (I know, I know...I shouldn't be...but I like to see what all sides are saying).  And they couldn't shut up about this one guy identified as an alt.left operator/instigator).  And they just got done talking about the 100 arrests and the other 200 they're officially searching for.  1 out of 300.  That's even worse than Trump's legal record in the election protest.  

I’m actually surprised that more “antifa” wasn’t in that crowd. Antifa is not about supporting Biden like how MAGA and QAnon is for Trump. I’ve always thought hardcore antifa is more about anarchy and fighting the far right. They’re not marching in support of Biden.

if you had asked me what was more likely last week, MAGA breaking into the Capitol or MAGA fighting antifa in DC, I would have picked the latter all day.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

And that one says he was just there to document it.  Sounds like some of his video helped with identifying folks.  

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I’m actually surprised that more “antifa” wasn’t in that crowd. Antifa is not about supporting Biden like how MAGA and QAnon is for Trump. I’ve always thought hardcore antifa is more about anarchy and fighting the far right. They’re not marching in support of Biden.

if you had asked me what was more likely last week, MAGA breaking into the Capitol or MAGA fighting antifa in DC, I would have picked the latter all day.

Antifa isn't anarchist. It also isn't Biden supporters specifically. 

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I've been making this point to the few remaining Trumpers I can tolerate.   They get real silent and shift in their seats when I point this out.    There's a little bit of the "But Antifa" still in their fight but when all of the video/photo proof is resulting in arrests of people that are tried and true Trumptards, the wind is really let out of their sails.

7 hours ago, SKJ said:

Ok. So,  the Vietnamese are basically ranked third in the hierarchy. It's a strange thing Asians do to each other,  but in the eyes of all the Asians, (as i understand it) the Vietnamese are tied with the Koreans for third. Now,  as I also understand it,  skin tone plays a lot in the rankings,  but they essentially all hate each other while everyone hates the Hmong universally.

So,  as below: 

Japanese

Chinese

Vietnamese/ Korean

Thai

Lao/Cambodian 

Hmong

Not exactly. It's generally Japan or Korea because they export so much of their culture but really it depends on which country you're dealing with.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I've been making this point to the few remaining Trumpers I can tolerate.   They get real silent and shift in their seats when I point this out.    There's a little bit of the "But Antifa" still in their fight but when all of the video/photo proof is resulting in arrests of people that are tried and true Trumptards, the wind is really let out of their sails.

That is exactly the point of this thread.