Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Seriously. I know it’s said often but we’re very lucky these terrorists are dumb and braggadocious.

Back when I was a bar crawler in the pre-social-media days, every once in a while I'd have some random dude telling me made up war stories of their days as a Ranger Seal or rogue Marine-turned-Mercenary-in-Africa. Little fantasy stories that the Billy Bob Norwood the Thirds had been cultivating in their mental gardens while they drove the Pepsi truck. If we were back in the sit-around-the-campfire days, these were the guys who'd be reciting sagas of old. Instead, they got cramped up inside a TV-radio-screen-bloop-bloop world with nobody to amaze, so they make up stories for themselves.

Facebook for these guys is like giving a baby a pistol.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Seriously. I know it’s said often but we’re very lucky these terrorists are dumb and braggadocious.

To me that is the scariest part.  They honestly didn’t think they were doing anything wrong.   They just didn’t think they would get away with it, they didn’t think they were breaking any laws.  

13 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

To me that is the scariest part.  They honestly didn’t think they were doing anything wrong.   They just didn’t think they would get away with it, they didn’t think they were breaking any laws.  

It's not that they didn't think they were breaking any laws.  It's worse than that.  They thought it didn't matter -- they are of the protected class, those under the umbrella of protection of the regime, and the regime alone decides what lawbreaking is punished, and what lawbreaking is exalted.  What they believed is that there actually IS no rule of law, and that the only rule that really matters is what the GodKing decides.  They weren't entirely wrong.  And if the GQP manages to take the White House again, they will be right.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I know all of these Trumpers to a "man", to be spineless coward cucks, so this story doesn't surprise me. 

But I figured out of the 260+ and counting that have been arrested, I expect at least one would try to garner future alpha-male status within the movement by standing up at arraignment/indictment and declaring, "I will not flee and I will not plea.  I will stand trial.  I will face my accusers-those who would erode the greatness of the country I love and serve.  I will be victorious or die appealing.  And if it comes to a prison sentence, I will do it with my head held high.  And when my time has been served, I will emerge stronger and more patriotic than ever.  You cannot break what is inside of me.  I stood up for my President, my God, and my Republic.  And I would do it all over again and face these consequences.  In my heart, my mind, and my soul...I know I'm right.  Our whole movement is right.  We are just.  We are many.  And I will gladly serve my President and my country even if it means me standing in this courtroom in chains before your twisted sense of justice."  

But nope, we get this fucking "It's not Fair" assclown and a dozen Texas cunts trying to turn their arrest into a real estate game show.  

Edited by Lobo

From that article above

From the moment he was taken into custody, he has waged an ongoing — and so far unsuccessful — effort to be freed on bond, and he loudly lost his patience with the process at an otherwise routine hearing in front of Judge Christopher Cooper of Federal District Court in Washington.

Appearing by video from jail, Mr. Barnett erupted into anger after Judge Cooper set the next court date in his case for a day in May, shouting that he did not want to remain behind bars for “another month.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

From that article above

From the moment he was taken into custody, he has waged an ongoing — and so far unsuccessful — effort to be freed on bond, and he loudly lost his patience with the process at an otherwise routine hearing in front of Judge Christopher Cooper of Federal District Court in Washington.

Appearing by video from jail, Mr. Barnett erupted into anger after Judge Cooper set the next court date in his case for a day in May, shouting that he did not want to remain behind bars for “another month.”

Tough shit, Bigo.

While I disagree with pretrial detention for misdemeanors (as far as I can tell he has not been charged with a felony yet) in almost any case, THIS IS EXACTLY THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM BIGO AND HIS ILK VOTED FOR.

Edit:  He apparently has been indicted on a felony as of last month, 18 USC 1512 Obstruction of Official Proceeding.  So that makes his detention a little more palatable.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

On 3/2/2021 at 11:37 PM, tx 3 putt said:

these people are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo screwed. i cant wait for their tears as prison sentences are handed out 

I like the sentiment.  But I have a question for the lawyers.  How hard will it be to find a juror who will vote to acquit regardless?  Doesn't the decision to convict have to be unanimous in a federal criminal case?  If that's true, we might see a lot of hung juries and a lot of money spent with few convictions.

29 minutes ago, Lou said:

I like the sentiment.  But I have a question for the lawyers.  How hard will it be to find a juror who will vote to acquit regardless?  Doesn't the decision to convict have to be unanimous in a federal criminal case?  If that's true, we might see a lot of hung juries and a lot of money spent with few convictions.

All criminal juries must be unanimous now.  Jury selection will go a long way to eliminating those who would acquit regardless.  Those type of Trumpers are too stupid to withstand voir dire without exposing themselves.  Plus, they ain't got time to do civic shit like sit on a jury.

The fact remains that the government cannot possibly try upward of 200 criminal cases in any reasonable timeframe.  There will be plea bargains.  There have to be.

Ironically, Trump's DOJ demands that pleas be for the gravest offense charged unless there is a serious failure of proof on that charge.

Garland committed to changing that plea policy.

Edited by TwiceHorn

19 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

giphy.gif

Which countries will not extradite to the US?
The Best Non-Extradition Countries For Your Escape Plan
  • Russia, China, and Mongolia.
  • Brunei.
  • The Gulf States.
  • Montenegro.
  • Eastern Europe: Ukraine and Moldova.
  • South-East Asia: Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos.
  • Island Nations: Maldives, Vanuatu, and Indonesia.
  • Africa: Ethiopia, Botswana, and Tunisia.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Can't speak for US Attorneys, but its not uncommon to take a look at a prospective juror's facebook page. And, knowing how MAGA operates, they're all going to have pages festooned in MAGA shit.

I'd really rather that the maroons keep telling themselves it was Antifa, so that when they, the Patriots, commit their next Larp, they keep on livestreaming it, confident that the Ghost Dance will protect them from the white soldiers' bullets.

Ted Cruz is Isatai'? Or Josh Hawley?
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh.

"Mrs. Klein, ma'am.  Oh?  I can call you Cecilia?  What a lovely name.  Well, Cecilia...our condolences on your son, Federico, his upcoming suicide.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family."  

3 hours ago, Foosters said:

Can't speak for US Attorneys, but its not uncommon to take a look at a prospective juror's facebook page. And, knowing how MAGA operates, they're all going to have pages festooned in MAGA shit.

And a post saying: IMMA GONNA GIT SLECTED TO SIRVE ON A JOOREE AND SET SUM PAYTRIOT'S FREE!!!

4 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

14 counts; he'll get an extra charge for being named "Tristan."

That's not the only "extra" thing he's gonna get for being named Tristan.  Guy looks just like McLovin from "Superbad" but with a beard.  

One by one, how all these guys are gonna flip and sell out somebody above them until we get to who was really working for Trump on the inside of the Capitol.  

Tristan looks like he's gonna last about 30 minutes in Cell Block E.  

Right now, at your laptop, try to say, "I'm Tristan...from Pensacola" out loud without imagining the next noise being a mess hall tray being bashed on top of your skull as you're yanked underneath the surveillance cameras' field of vision.