Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

I wonder how long they've hated their brother.  Don't get me wrong, they absolutely should.

I'm Paul Gosar's sister and he did not deserve a passing grade in his Chemistry class.

I'm Paul Gosar's brother and he should be on the JV team if not cut altogether.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Do not visit SelfLoveU. I got my tissues and lube and settled back for a couple minutes of relaxation. The channel is a shitty emotional self-help channel. I thought it was a masturbation technique channel. I could not even get an erection from the crazy chick giving advice. I am disappoint.

I’m laughing WAY more than I should be about this.

Is she married?  Does she have children?  Who else is connected to this monster?  And what kinda ATM action did she give up to get invited on that private plane?  Because it wasn't her personality or business connections.  

Christopher Joseph Quaglin was arrested Wednesday on charges of assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers or employees, civil disorder, and obstruction of official proceeding, according to the US Justice Department.

Quaglin appeared virtually in federal court Wednesday where a judge decided to release him on house arrest, according to NJ.com.

In court documents, authorities say Quaglin participated in the Capitol siege in Washington, DC, where he helped lead the charge into the building and assaulted numerous officers during the process, including attacking authorities with a stolen riot guard and spraying a "chemical irritant" at officers trying to stop the break-in.

Dressed in a red, white, and blue shirt, a black helmet with a camera attached, and a gas mask, Quaglin was easily identifiable in video footage from that day, which authorities say shows Quaglin assaulting both Capitol police officers and Metropolitan Police Department officers multiple times in various locations throughout the afternoon.

Before rioters breached the building, Quaglin can be seen on officer body worn camera footage approaching the police line separated by a fence and starting to engage with officers "seemingly unprovoked," court documents said.

"You don't want this fight. You do not want this f---ing fight. You are on the wrong f---ing side. You're going to bring a f---ing pistol, I'm going to bring a f---ing cannon," Quaglin reportedly said. "You wait! Stay there like a f---ing sheep! This guy doesn't know what the f--- is going on."

In another video, Quaglin can be seen shoving an officer holding the perimeter, documents said. Surveillance footage reportedly shows Quaglin engaging with an officer while appearing "increasingly agitated and pointing his finger," before proceeding to "hold and push" the officer by the neck, which appears to contribute to the officer starting to fall.

Court documents say additional video footage shows Quaglin physically pushing at least five different officers during the chaos of the break-in.

Quaglin is also accused of spraying a chemical irritant at officers who were trying to stop the rioters from entering the Capitol, court documents say.

After the insurrection, law enforcement agents say they received a tip from an anonymous source who provided Facebook Live videos of the riot from Quaglin's Facebook account, which was named "Chris Trump."

The witness told authorities that Quaglin frequently posted on his social media accounts about the 2020 Presidential election and about going to the Capitol on January 6. According to legal records, many of Quaglin's posts from the Capitol were deleted on January 7.

But that didn't stop Quaglin from publicly planning his involvement prior to the attack or boasting about it immediately following the event.

In the aftermath of Joe Biden's November victory, Quaglin reportedly sent a slew of Facebook messages to other accounts hinting at his eventual involvement in the attack.

"I'm going to war...I'm writing my letter to my wife and people will have it...But I might not even make it back," Quaglin reportedly wrote on Facebook in November. "It's over...I'm fighting if not...like on the streets in dc. Full body armor."

In a video taken from his hotel room following the January attack, authorities say Quaglin said: "I've been pepper sprayed like twenty f---ing times, I'm sure I'm going to make the news."

Authorities investigated Quaglin's Google account history after the riot and found a search for "guy gets bear sprayed at capital" made on January 8. On January 20, his history shows visits to a web page titled, "Countries where you can buy citizenship, residency, or passport."

And between January 28 and January 31, Quaglin's account history shows eight total visits to the FBI's "seeking information" for Capitol violence webpage.

Interesting study that was recently done on the demographics of the insurrectionists shows that they were more likely to live in counties with declining Anglo populations.

Two articles below - Op/Ed from study author in WaPo & article from NYTimes about study with quotes from author:

Opinion: What an analysis of 377 Americans arrested or charged in the Capitol insurrection tells us
Opinion by Robert A. Pape
Robert A. Pape is a professor of political science at the University of Chicago and director of the Chicago Project on Security and Threats.

The Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol by a violent mob at the behest of former president Donald Trump was an act of political violence intended to alter the outcome of a legitimate democratic election. That much was always evident.

What we know 90 days later is that the insurrection was the result of a large, diffuse and new kind of protest movement congealing in the United States.

The Chicago Project on Security and Threats (CPOST), working with court records, has analyzed the demographics and home county characteristics of the 377 Americans, from 250 counties in 44 states, arrested or charged in the Capitol attack.

Those involved are, by and large, older and more professional than right-wing protesters we have surveyed in the past. They typically have no ties to existing right-wing groups. But like earlier protesters, they are 95 percent White and 85 percent male, and many live near and among Biden supporters in blue and purple counties.

The charges have, so far, been generally in proportion to state and county populations as a whole. Only Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri and Montana appear to have sent more protesters to D.C. suspected of crimes than their populations would suggest.

Nor were these insurrectionists typically from deep-red counties. Some 52 percent are from blue counties that Biden comfortably won. But by far the most interesting characteristic common to the insurrectionists’ backgrounds has to do with changes in their local demographics: Counties with the most significant declines in the non-Hispanic White population are the most likely to produce insurrectionists who now face charges.

For example, Texas is the home of 36 of the 377 charged or arrested nationwide. The majority of the state’s alleged insurrectionists — 20 of 36 — live in six quickly diversifying blue counties such as Dallas and Harris (Houston). In fact, all 36 of Texas’s rioters come from just 17 counties, each of which lost White population over the past five years. Three of those arrested or charged hail from Collin County north of Dallas, which has lost White population at the very brisk rate of 4.3 percent since 2015.

The same thing can be seen in New York state, home to 27 people charged or arrested after the riot, nearly all of whom come from 14 blue counties that Biden won in and around New York City. One of these, Putnam County (south of Poughkeepsie), is home to three of those arrested, and a county that saw its White population decline by 3.5 percent since 2015.

When compared with almost 2,900 other counties in the United States, our analysis of the 250 counties where those charged or arrested live reveals that the counties that had the greatest decline in White population had an 18 percent chance of sending an insurrectionist to D.C., while the counties that saw the least decline in the White population had only a 3 percent chance. This finding holds even when controlling for population size, distance to D.C., unemployment rate and urban/rural location. It also would occur by chance less than once in 1,000 times.

Put another way, the people alleged by authorities to have taken the law into their hands on Jan. 6 typically hail from places where non-White populations are growing fastest.

CPOST also conducted two independent surveys in February and March, including a National Opinion Research Council survey, to help understand the roots of this rage. One driver overwhelmingly stood out: fear of the “Great Replacement.” Great Replacement theory has achieved iconic status with white nationalists and holds that minorities are progressively replacing White populations due to mass immigration policies and low birthrates. Extensive social media exposure is the second-biggest driver of this view, our surveys found. Replacement theory might help explain why such a high percentage of the rioters hail from counties with fast-rising, non-White populations.

While tracking and investigating right-wing extremist groups remains a vital task for law enforcement, the best intelligence is predictive. Understanding where most alleged insurrectionists come from is a good starting point in identifying areas facing elevated risks of further political violence. At the very least, local mayors and police chiefs need better intelligence and sounder risk analysis.

To ignore this movement and its potential would be akin to Trump’s response to covid-19: We cannot presume it will blow over. The ingredients exist for future waves of political violence, from lone-wolf attacks to all-out assaults on democracy, surrounding the 2022 midterm elections.

Fears of White People Losing Out Permeate Capitol Rioters’ Towns, Study Finds
Counties with the most significant declines in the non-Hispanic white population were the most likely to be homes to people who stormed the Capitol.

When the political scientist Robert Pape began studying the issues that motivated the 380 or so people arrested in connection with the attack against the Capitol on Jan. 6, he expected to find that the rioters were driven to violence by the lingering effects of the 2008 Great Recession.

But instead he found something very different: Most of the people who took part in the assault came from places, his polling and demographic data showed, that were awash in fears that the rights of minorities and immigrants were crowding out the rights of white people in American politics and culture.

If Mr. Pape’s initial conclusions — published on Tuesday in The Washington Post — hold true, they would suggest that the Capitol attack has historical echoes reaching back to before the Civil War, he said in an interview over the weekend. In the shorter term, he added, the study would appear to connect Jan. 6 not only to the once-fringe right-wing theory called the Great Replacement, which holds that minorities and immigrants are seeking to take over the country, but also to events like the far-right rally in Charlottesville, Va., in 2017 where crowds of white men marched with torches chanting, “Jews will not replace us!”

“If you look back in history, there has always been a series of far-right extremist movements responding to new waves of immigration to the United States or to movements for civil rights by minority groups,” Mr. Pape said. “You see a common pattern in the Capitol insurrectionists. They are mainly middle-class to upper-middle-class whites who are worried that, as social changes occur around them, they will see a decline in their status in the future.”

One fact stood out in Mr. Pape’s study, conducted with the help of researchers at the Chicago Project on Security and Threats, a think tank he runs at the University of Chicago. Counties with the most significant declines in the non-Hispanic white population are the most likely to produce insurrectionists. This finding held true, Mr. Pape determined, even when controlling for population size, distance to Washington, unemployment rate and urban or rural location.

Law enforcement officials have said 800 to 1,000 people entered the Capitol on Jan. 6, and prosecutors have spent the past three months tracking down many of them in what they have described as one of the largest criminal investigations in U.S. history. In recent court filings, the government has hinted that more than 400 people may ultimately face charges, including illegal entry, assault of police officers and the obstruction of the official business of Congress.

In his study, Mr. Pape determined that only about 10 percent of those charged were members of established far-right organizations like the Oath Keepers militia or the nationalist extremist group the Proud Boys. But unlike other analysts who have made similar findings, Mr. Pape has argued that the remaining 90 percent of the “ordinary” rioters are part of a still congealing mass movement on the right that has shown itself willing to put “violence at its core.”

Other mass movements have emerged, he said, in response to large-scale cultural change. In the 1840s and ’50s, for example, the Know Nothing Party, a group of nativist Protestants, was formed in response to huge waves of largely Irish Catholic immigration to the country. After World War I, he added, the Ku Klux Klan experienced a revival prompted in part by the arrival of Italians and the first stirrings of the so-called Great Migration of Black Americans from the rural South to the industrialized North.

In an effort to determine why the mob that formed on Jan. 6 turned violent, Mr. Pape compared events that day with two previous pro-Trump rallies in Washington, on Nov. 14 and Dec. 12. While police records show some indications of street fighting after the first two gatherings, Mr. Pape said, the number of arrests were fewer and the charges less serious than on Jan. 6. The records also show that those arrested in November and December largely lived within an hour of Washington while most of those arrested in January came from considerably farther away.

The difference at the rallies was former President Donald J. Trump, Mr. Pape said. Mr. Trump promoted the Jan. 6 rally in advance, saying it would be “wild” and driving up attendance, Mr. Pape said. He then encouraged the mob to march on the Capitol in an effort to “show strength.”

Mr. Pape said he worried that a similar mob could be summoned again by a leader like Mr. Trump. After all, he suggested, as the country continues moving toward becoming a majority-minority nation and right-wing media outlets continue to stoke fear about the Great Replacement, the racial and cultural anxieties that lay beneath the riot at the Capitol are not going away.

“If all of this is really rooted in the politics of social change, then we have to realize that it’s not going to be solved — or solved alone — by law enforcement agencies,” Mr. Pape said. “This is political violence, not just ordinary criminal violence, and it is going to require both additional information and a strategic approach.”

Mr. Pape, whose career had mostly been focused on international terrorism, used that approach after the Sept. 11 attacks when he created a database of suicide bombers from around the world. His research led to a remarkable discovery: Most of the bombers were secular, not religious, and had killed themselves not out of zealotry, but rather in response to military occupations.

American officials eventually used the findings to persuade some Sunnis in Iraq to break with their religious allies and join the United States in a nationalist movement known as the Anbar Awakening.

Recalling his early work with suicide bombers, Mr. Pape suggested that the country’s understanding of what happened on Jan. 6 was only starting to take shape, much like its understanding of international terrorism slowly grew after Sept. 11.

“We really still are at the beginning stages,” he said.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

His status as an ex cop putting him in danger would be a better argument for that lawyer to make.   

Yeah, I would open with "concerns over increasing violence directed at my client as his former occupation became known to the other inmates." instead of "inner city crimes"   since you know...the judge is a person of color.  Trump and all 300 of his arrested followers from the Capitol that day all need to have their Bluth "I have the worst fucking attorneys" moment to cathartically cleanse themselves.  

At this point, I expect these Trump dipshits to basically come out and say, "Look your honor, maybe I broke some stuff and hurt some people...but you can't honestly expect me to serve a year in federal prison with a bunch of dirty Mexicans and Negroes, can you?  I mean, they could be Democrats in there for all I know!"  

I guess the "plan", as it were, was to successfully install Trump as dictator, and then he would pardon them all for their crimes? Seems an awful lot of people legitimately surprised to be doing jail time for pretty serious crimes. You know, like beating police officers. 

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Oh shit y'all.  This poor guy is in jail with the negroes!  Clearly, a violation of his rights. 

Hmm. He was a cop. And he's in jail for beating up a cop. Prison status is...

https://external-preview.redd.it/Gygl3zWsiPoEgVWVcGUtEi5TCah9zgKQbNDd3lP8GJg.gif?format=mp4&s=f9cb4155277ae67d286e6e5d65085ef38e017c7d

Edited by RDCanecutter

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I would open with "concerns over increasing violence directed at my client as his former occupation became known to the other inmates." instead of "inner city crimes"   since you know...the judge is a person of color.  Trump and all 300 of his arrested followers from the Capitol that day all need to have their Bluth "I have the worst fucking attorneys" moment to cathartically cleanse themselves.  

At this point, I expect these Trump dipshits to basically come out and say, "Look your honor, maybe I broke some stuff and hurt some people...but you can't honestly expect me to serve a year in federal prison with a bunch of dirty Mexicans and Negroes, can you?  I mean, they could be Democrats in there for all I know!"  

those people have never used the word "negro" 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/8/2021 at 1:39 PM, bolverk said:

Interesting study that was recently done on the demographics of the insurrectionists shows that they were more likely to live in counties with declining Anglo populations.

Two articles below - Op/Ed from study author in WaPo & article from NYTimes about study with quotes from author:

Bob Pape's Interview re Demographics of Insurrectionists &nbsp

So if a Hispanic person doesn't like what's happening to their American neighborhood (crime, economic decline, property values, underperforming schools, etc.)---they should save up and move out?  But if a White person doesn't like what's happening, they should sack the U.S. Capitol?  

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So if a Hispanic person doesn't like what's happening to their American neighborhood (crime, economic decline, property values, underperforming schools, etc.)---they should save up and move out?  But if a White person doesn't like what's happening, they should sack the U.S. Capitol?  

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF