Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

See, libs? It's satirical! If you say "just joking" it doesn't count, but I guess they don't teach you that in yer fancy ivory towers. 

Several days ago I was trying to use a card reader and it wasn’t working for me and the girl behind the counter took my card and made it work. I said, “Your hand is better than mine.” Then I said, “What are you doing later?” Then I said, “Just kidding! Just kidding! Just kidding!” while making the sweeping hand gestures that express that idea. I don’t know if she found it amusing or not but it gave me a kick. 

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Several days ago I was trying to use a card reader and it wasn’t working for me and the girl behind the counter took my card and made it work. I said, “Your hand is better than mine.” Then I said, “What are you doing later?” Then I said, “Just kidding! Just kidding! Just kidding!” while making the sweeping hand gestures that express that idea. I don’t know if she found it amusing or not but it gave me a kick. 

narrator: she didn't find it amusing.

10 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

narrator: she didn't find it amusing.

Yeah, youre aware the at bat average for assholes is far better than ‘gentlemen’?

mostly because ‘gentleman’ listen to women about what they like or don’t but haven’t figured out yet that women’s may know what they like, but have no idea what they want…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Jenna isn’t being as fun right now. She is retweeting a lot of right wing bullshit, and I’m not a horrible enough person to pile onto her tweets about her mom. She is fucking crazy, but I think she might enough on her plate at the moment.

175672961_137703868322838_22658761779695

• Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

anyone else surprised these arrests have been relatively peaceful? I kinda thought these patriots would fight to last bullet to save 'Muricuh! Seems like they all go relatively peacefully (not apropos to anything below - just a random thought)

music video vintage GIF

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo
9 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

anyone else surprised these arrests have been relatively peaceful? I kinda thought these patriots would fight to last bullet to save 'Muricuh! Seems like they all go relatively peacefully (not apropos to anything below - just a random thought)

Cowardice during insurrection is contagious.  Despite millennia of propaganda to the contrary.  People acting on behalf of cowards will eventually default to their own inspired cowardice as well.  Donald Trump has been spineless since his youth and will die that way.  Nothing unusual or rare about that, most humans live a life of fear and projection.  Trump, however, is in rare company in that his singular most embarrassing trait---cowardice---is the one his binary followers choose to find the most attractive about him or the one they choose to completely ignore about him.   

When you see a man, defeated.  Brought to his metaphorical knees.  Having been broken and realizing he just now sees the error his ways---be it a crime, following the wrong person, being persuaded to do awful things, being fraudulent, hurting innocent people.  After the illusion of a greater good or following another 'leader' has been dropped...when they know they can't go back and correct what they've done.  Crushing a human soul.  That's a hard drug to kick.  Looks like Mr. Palmer is somebody's fix today and the contact buzz is intoxicating.  

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Jacking Off GIFs | Reaction GIFs

Lawyers over on the Aggie site are quoting an article from American Greatness, a media outlet that provides the 'news corporate media won't tell you.' The quote below is from the article (which calls the insurrection a 'disturbance' and that the election was clearly fraudulent). Their thread is up to two pages and I have to tell you, the number of people who don't believe any of the people inside the Capitol were armed, don't believe they were malicious, and do believe there were Antifa members causing the mayhem is still significant.

Anyway, they are now arguing that because the Capitol police are being selective about who sees the footage (because of camera locations) that there is a government cover-up and that the insurrection didn't really happen at all, other than that officer shooting the young innocent patriotic woman, Ashli Babbitt. 

What a Barnum and Bailey world.

image.png.a8388827e100932c49cadcf92ccea2a5.png

here is the link to the entire article: https://amgreatness.com/2021/05/10/why-is-the-government-hiding-january-6-video-footage/

and here is the thread from which the above shot was taken: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3198858/1

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Lawyers over on the Aggie site are quoting an article from American Greatness, a media outlet that provides the 'news corporate media won't tell you.' The quote below is from the article (which calls the insurrection a 'disturbance' and that the election was clearly fraudulent). Their thread is up to two pages and I have to tell you, the number of people who don't believe any of the people inside the Capitol were armed, don't believe they were malicious, and do believe there were Antifa members causing the mayhem is still significant.

Anyway, they are now arguing that because the Capitol police are being selective about who sees the footage (because of camera locations) that there is a government cover-up and that the insurrection didn't really happen at all, other than that officer shooting the young innocent patriotic woman, Ashli Babbitt. 

here is the link to the entire article: https://amgreatness.com/2021/05/10/why-is-the-government-hiding-january-6-video-footage/

and here is the thread from which the above shot was taken: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3198858/1

know the difference between a sadist and a masochist? a sadist likes to inflict pain on others, while a masochist inflicts pain on themselves. how is it that you are both?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Put me on ignore if what I post bothers you.

It doesn't bother me, I periodically check other places for what is being discussed and the perspectives. I've watched that site grow in a  much different way than this site did. Albeit I missed the great migration due to dealing with health issues. I wasn't/am not as frequent a lurker on the LSU site since I am in Texas, but it too, provides some insight.

Sometimes it makes me angry, but mostly it is frustration that we have taken technology that could have changed our world in beneficial ways (some of which has  happened) but that the worse of our nature, our basest instincts are more often appealed to in the name of power and wealth and sometimes received with a decided lack of awareness that it is being done at all.

We are complex and we are simple. We manipulate and we are manipulated.

But to be more clear, the post was also directed toward the legal minded on this site, of whom there are many, so that they could weigh in on the validity of some of the claims in the screenshot/thread (not of the 'disturbance' et al that is just noise) regarding the camera footage being withheld and/or the means by which it is being withheld.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

They've been studying B. Franklin.  Something about "hanging together".

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Put me on ignore if what I post bothers you.

It doesn't bother me, I periodically check other places for what is being discussed and the perspectives. I've watched that site grow in a  much different way than this site did. Albeit I missed the great migration due to dealing with health issues. I wasn't/am not as frequent a lurker on the LSU site since I am in Texas, but it too, provides some insight.

Sometimes it makes me angry, but mostly it is frustration that we have taken technology that could have changed our world in beneficial ways (some of which has  happened) but that the worse of our nature, our basest instincts are more often appealed to in the name of power and wealth and sometimes received with a decided lack of awareness that it is being done at all.

We are complex and we are simple. We manipulate and we are manipulated.

But to be more clear, the post was also directed toward the legal minded on this site, of whom there are many, so that they could weigh in on the validity of some of the claims in the screenshot/thread (not of the 'disturbance' et al that is just noise) regarding the camera footage being withheld and/or the means by which it is being withheld.

you know my comment was a joke, right?

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Cowardice during insurrection is contagious.  Despite millennia of propaganda to the contrary.  People acting on behalf of cowards will eventually default to their own inspired cowardice as well.  Donald Trump has been spineless since his youth and will die that way.  Nothing unusual or rare about that, most humans live a life of fear and projection.  Trump, however, is in rare company in that his singular most embarrassing trait---cowardice---is the one his binary followers choose to find the most attractive about him or the one they choose to completely ignore about him.   

When you see a man, defeated.  Brought to his metaphorical knees.  Having been broken and realizing he just now sees the error his ways---be it a crime, following the wrong person, being persuaded to do awful things, being fraudulent, hurting innocent people.  After the illusion of a greater good or following another 'leader' has been dropped...when they know they can't go back and correct what they've done.  Crushing a human soul.  That's a hard drug to kick.  Looks like Mr. Palmer is somebody's fix today and the contact buzz is intoxicating.  

goddamn son!

200.gif

8 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

These idiots think that if they swarmed the Capitol and kicked out/executed the Reps and Senators, that they would be sworn in by John Roberts, and the Pentagon would ring them up and say "what are your orders?"

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

And these idiots probably think they can FOIA security cameras for any federal building.  What happens when they request records from the NSA or CIA or FBI?

Deep State.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm honestly not surprised.  They are fucking cowards. They knew that if they showed up with firearms, or met arresting agents with firearms, their families would be holding funerals for them.

For all of their bluster, few of them are truly willing to "water the tree of liberty with blood" or whatever.

And while I think many of them are mentally ill, the reality is that many are just FUPM assholes.  Had they been fully mentally ill, they would have shown up armed.

11 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The author - Julie Kelly is magat scum:

Here she goes after never-Trumer David French's wife and alleges she was having an affair with clergy.

Truth: David French's wife was sexually abused at 12 by the clergy member. Horrible person.

American Greatness' depraved obsession with smearing French goes back years. The site's blogger, Julie Kelly, has repeatedly defamed French's wife, Nancy, as having "screwed around with her preacher" in a consensual relationship. The reality is that Nancy, a writer in her own right and a vocal advocate for victims of sexual assault, was abused by said preacher when she was not yet a teenager. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/american-greatness-is-a-trash-organization

To the substance (or lack there) claimed by "paralegals" at the Daily Texags - they are full of it (and they tacitly admit as much when they say it may be protected from distribution due to legal loopholes).  Those loopholes are called the law.

We protect victims in the criminal justice system. We don't give them information that might lead to further attacks on victims.

Further, there are national security concerns, since many of those cameras will be in secured area showing, among other things, where potential victims might shelter. It will show where weapons are stored . . .. The United States in these cases followed proper procedure and requested protective orders preventing the release of the information. Nothing out of the ordinary with that. Courts decide whether the United States of America deserves the protective orders they seek. The motions are argued. And the judges then rule. 

This is typical magat bullshit - start with an idea and declare it means whatever one wants it mean: "But I learned on My Cousin Vinny that I get discovery, so I get everything I want."  That's not how it works. 

The brain rot is widespread at the Daily Texags.  It is an embarrassment to the State of Texas.

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

The author - Julie Kelly is magat scum:

Here she goes after never-Trumer David French's wife and alleges she was having an affair with clergy.

Truth: David French's wife was sexually abused at 12 by the clergy member. Horrible person.

To the substance (or lack there) claimed by "paralegals" at the Daily Texags - they are full of it (and they tacitly admit as much when they say it may be protected from distribution due to legal loopholes).  Those loopholes are called the law.

We protect victims in the criminal justice system. We don't give them information that might lead to further attacks on victims.

Further, there are national security concerns, since many of those cameras will be in secured area showing, among other things, where potential victims might shelter. It will show where weapons are stored . . .. The United States in these cases followed proper procedure and requested protective orders preventing the release of the information. Nothing out of the ordinary with that. Courts decide whether the United States of America deserves the protective orders they seek. The motions are argued. And the judges then rule. 

This is typical magat bullshit - start with an idea and declare it means whatever one wants it mean: "But I learned on My Cousin Vinny that I get discovery, so I get everything I want."  That's not how it works. 

The brain rot is widespread at the Daily Texags.  It is an embarrassment to the State of Texas.

Thanks for the intel. Did not know any of that.

10 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you know my comment was a joke, right?

No, but I was in a snippy mood yesterday so apologies for taking it out on you.

Guest Lobo

So what?  So, let's dance! 

Now is the time on Sprockets when we shock the monkey.  

Laughing at the idiocy of Trump rioters is simply irresistible.  The trend, irreversible.  

16 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Did they explain how the hundreds of phone camera videos were faked?

Guest Lobo

It was following in a line of misplaced connections by other posters between Robert Palmer and Peter Gabriel.  I joined in with an 80's movie reference that also happened to be a David Bowie lyric that also tied in another Peter Gabriel song and another Robert Palmer song.  I thought it was actually a quite nicely done musical denouement.  But it fell on deaf ears.  Thank for you for noticing.  I know connecting things back to songs or movies just pisses of mdmost, I guess that's why I tried this triple-lindy of sorts.  

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

These idiots think that if they swarmed the Capitol and kicked out/executed the Reps and Senators, that they would be sworn in by John Roberts, and the Pentagon would ring them up and say "what are your orders?"

And these idiots probably think they can FOIA security cameras for any federal building.  What happens when they request records from the NSA or CIA or FBI?

Deep State.

Well There You Go GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY