Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

Yeah, I suspect they were gonna leave members of Congress alone on this just because of the blowback they might get if the GOP takes back the House in 2023.  But you've got a dozen Qanon lunatics in the current House now claiming the FBI orchestrated this whole thing and caused citizens, and police, to die.  the FBI is a lot of things, but hanging back while being accused of murdering Americans is not really in their playbook.  Fuck yeah, they're gonna push back. Sadly, the members they are investigating will tone down their rhetoric and the investigations will conveniently lead to nothing but some distantly connected supporters.  

“All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical-left Democrats, which is what they’re doing. And stolen by the fake news media. That’s what they’ve done and what they’re doing. We will never give up, we will never concede. It doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved.

Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about. And to use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with: We will stop the steal. Today I will lay out just some of the evidence proving that we won this election and we won it by a landslide. This was not a close election.“

• Hook 'Em 1

“All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president and you are the happiest people.

And I actually, I just spoke to Mike. I said: “Mike, that doesn’t take courage. What takes courage is to do nothing. That takes courage.” And then we’re stuck with a president who lost the election by a lot and we have to live with that for four more years. We’re just not going to let that happen.“

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Just watch the video of him and his coke head son in the tent after his speech. Cokehead junior and his ugly ass wife are partying it up. Meanwhile, trump is staring very intently at the television. He knows what’s about to happen. 

This one?

• Rage+1 1

“And Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us, and if he doesn’t, that will be a, a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our Constitution.

Now, it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you, we’re going to walk down, we’re going to walk down.

Anyone you want, but I think right here, we’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them.

Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated.“

And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore. 

So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we’re going to the Capitol, and we’re going to try and give.

So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.

The purpose of trumps speech was not to ensure that the oath keepers and similar groups would storm the capitol. He already knew they were going to do that. The purpose of the speech was to convince the rest of the sheep to march down there as well to give cover to the military trained ones who planned to assault the capitol and ultimately find mike pence. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Never forget that the ultimate goal of the insurrection was to force pence to declare trump the president and if he would not do that, kill him. 

Trump and his psycho supporters actually believed that trump had the power to do that. Just listen to trumps speech before the insurrection.

“Because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election. All he has to do, all this is, this is from the number one, or certainly one of the top, Constitutional lawyers in our country. He has the absolute right to do it. We’re supposed to protect our country, support our country, support our Constitution, and protect our constitution.”

This was not some random act. It was a planned assault to steal the election and trump knew what was about to happen.

Just watch the video of him and his coke head son in the tent after his speech. Cokehead junior and his ugly ass wife are partying it up. Meanwhile, trump is staring very intently at the television. He knows what’s about to happen. 

If there's one thing that Trump is good at, it's manipulating people by public speaking.  He's savant-level there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

If there's one thing that Trump is good at, it's manipulating people by public speaking.  He's savant-level there.

No doubt about that. His speech is fantastic if you’re goal is to whip up your supporters in a frenzy since he makes it their cause, not his. 

Just look at his frequent use of “we” and as an example he credits his supporters for the phrase “stop the steal.” 

It goes back to 2016 when Hillary had the slogan  “I’m with her” he turned that around to “I’m with you!”

Maybe it comes naturally to him or maybe he’s fed it. I don’t know but it clearly works. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

No doubt about that. His speech is fantastic if you’re goal is to whip up your supporters in a frenzy since he makes it their cause, not his. 

Just look at his frequent use of “we” and as an example he credits his supporters for the phrase “stop the steal.” 

It goes back to 2016 when Hillary had the slogan  “I’m with her” he turned that around to “I’m with you!”

Maybe it comes naturally to him or maybe he’s fed it. I don’t know but it clearly works. 

It’s not difficult to manipulate idiots.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The irony is that Trump should be furious with his followers that they didn't follow through and do more to try and give him the election, as in more weren't willing to die and get to Pence and company.  Trump's followers should be furious with him that he didn't have their back when they got arrested.  He rakes in hundreds of millions of dollars after October, very little of which has been spent, while his followers that were arrested, are on the verge of losing everything.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The irony is that Trump should be furious with his followers that they didn't follow through and do more to try and give him the election, as in more weren't willing to die and get to Pence and company.  Trump's followers should be furious with him that he didn't have their back when they got arrested.  He rakes in hundreds of millions of dollars after October, very little of which has been spent, while his followers that were arrested, are on the verge of losing everything.

It's almost as if there's not honor among dunces.

36 minutes ago, Satchel said:

It’s becoming clearer why Republicans are afraid of a January 6 investigation. Congressional Republicans and their staffs are at great risk of being exposed as complicit in the insurrection.

This has been obvious since 1/6.

• Like 1

Prepare your anus.
Most are charged only with misdemeanors, which have a maximum one-year sentence.  Even the multiple charges most likely won't be "stacked." So one year tops.
For other than those armed, meaning with actual weapons, not just fire extinguishers and bike racks or barricades, the stiffest charge is 18 USC 1512, Obstruction of an official proceeding, which is a 20 year maximum felony.  However, as documented on this thread, there is one seditionist who has already pled guilty and secured the agreement of the USAO DDC to recommend fewer than two years on that charge.
The simple reality is not one of them is charged with constitutional treason or statutory sedition.  They're basically charged with trespassing offenses.
But ask any Trump voter about protesters in Seattle, and they say they need to be buried in unmarked mass graves.
  • Like 2

If all someone did was show up for trumps speech and went to the Capitol to protest and then went inside when everyone else did following them in, and did nothing else, then I’m ok with a fairly light prison sentence of a year or so. 

The orchestrators of this event and the former military that planned and executed the assault, however, need to be duly sentenced and hung for sedition and treason. There are trump confidants who participated in the organization of it, like roger stone, and trump himself had been advised as to what would take place. This shit cannot go unanswered.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Oh and here’s the good news. 

Joe Biden is the head of the executive branch of the federal government. And will be for four years. Which means he ultimately controls the FBI, DOJ, the American military, etc.

I tend to think people somewhat underestimate how powerful that is and how destructive that can be under a guy like trump. The insurrection happened because trump wanted it to happen and his position is powerful enough to pull it off. The only thing that saved us the last four years is trump is such a narcissistic buffoon that he was mentally incapable of leveraging that power to become a Putin like dictator.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

If all someone did was show up for trumps speech and went to the Capitol to protest and then went inside when everyone else did following them in, and did nothing else, then I’m ok with a fairly light prison sentence of a year or so. 

The orchestrators of this event and the former military that planned and executed the assault, however, need to be duly sentenced and hung for sedition and treason. There are trump confidants who participated in the organization of it, like roger stone, and trump himself had been advised as to what would take place. This shit cannot go unanswered.

Seems fair.

No beheadings, please. Those lead to bloody violence. Nasty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

As long as the DOJ ratchets upwards while it steamrolls, it’s safe to ask why Congressional subpoena has  become an impotent demand and what can be done to change that?

Congressional subpoenas have always been legally weak, especially when directed to executive branch officials.  Less so when directed to citizens.

However, in the past, the optics of ignoring a congressional subpoena were worse than they seem to be now.

Also, congressional subpoenas to the executive branch were usually "settled" without having to go to court or rely on court resolution of the dispute, which has always borne a substantial risk of being punted as a "political question."  The norm-breaking of the Trump Administration made such subpoenas more of a spectacle than in the past.

Finally, DOJ, as an executive branch agency, doesn't have much to do with congressional subpoenas, although one enforcement mechanism relies on the USAO to file an enforcement action.

Congress can attempt to pass laws making its subpoenas more enforceable.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Adolf hawley and Cancun Cruz are the senate leaders of the traitor caucus. Their role in the insurrection should be thoroughly investigated. 

I’d say that just what we’ve already seen and heard publicly from them is justification enough to string both of them up. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

fuck that.  anyone who entered the building that day without authorization should be executed for treason.  there was really no such thing as someone unknowingly, or mostly innocently following the crowd in.  it was obvious that the building was being overtaken by force.  those who let others do the heavy lifting (and assaulting and killing people including law enforcement in the process) and then supporting them by following them in to disrupt the process does not diminish their culpability IMO.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2