Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

That actually makes some sense, especially after @Nice Guy Eddie has that piece from Pennsylvania.

Crazy can easily get elected in the House (boy can it), but the Senate you have to work across the whole state and that gets a little tougher. So with the gerry-mandered districts, crazy gets elected to the House and then the Senate has the seemingly more moderate GOP to put on the 'face' for the electoral count when that day arises. Maybe it's lining up more assurances for 2024. I mean, thus far there is closing polling locations, election officials with partisan ties, and it's just putting one more duck in a row, in case they don't win back the House.

See RATS thread in Purgatory. TTom BELIEVES the stupid shit he says, ‘cause he read the stupid shit on FB or heard it on Fox.

An army of stupid fucks thinking they are Patriots - instead of the traitors they truly are. A Legion of stupid cucks screaming about the Constitution, who work against every democratic principle contained in it.

100% truth.

On 1/4/2022 at 12:53 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Tired Oh No GIF by Law & Order

She is so fucking stupid it is unreal.

Holy shit, you got under her skin.  "They're calling me Insurrection Barbie..."

She quoted @Lobo, too.  "We hope you get beat in prison".

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Guy Reffitt was an unemployed oil-field worker.  I did not see that coming. 

His family said he traveled with his AR 15 all the time.  What is it with these people who are so afraid that whenever they go anywhere they have to bring the AR 15 with them?  

Something, something, sheep and sheepdogs.  And they're itching to use them.

We've opted for psychological torment where she is lead to believe they'll have cholas in the DFW area watching her for months and when she starts getting book/movie deal money, they're gonna expect a cut as "protection money."  They're gonna show up to her open houses too.  Could be the basis of a dark comedic film  actually.  

$50 says that term shows up in her eventual self-published book that she debuts on Tucker in about 9 months time.  

tell me you can't picture her now outlining it in the prison library while a couple of long-stretch inmates come by her table and swipe it off the table and one of them starts to read it out loud to the rest of the library. Oh the laughs we're gonna have.  

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Yep. Watch the videos:

And then you've got the millions of Americans that just don't pay attention.  I have a buddy who is very intelligent and I figured would 100% be at least a centrist politically, if not leaning left.  He's a helicopter engineer.  January 6th got brought up a few weeks ago and he had NO CLUE what had happened.  I was flabbergasted.  

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Is Cruz's dream POTUS or SCOTUS? This definitely hurts any hopes of winning a presidential primary, so maybe he thinks it makes him more palatable for a SCOTUS nomination someday.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cruz might be gambling that the info about Trump is going to bad and he wants to pick up the pieces.

Ted Cruz doesn't do anything that isn't in Ted Cruz's interest. 

4 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

This except I don’t think he’s much of a gambler. He must know something. Too much smoke coming out including Moscow Mitch’s recent comment that he was interested in what the committee is finding out.

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

How are those moderate candidates supposed to make it out of the whacko maga primaries?

I think Cruz still had a chance at winning re-election in 2024.  Slim, but still a chance..  This could have ended that chance. There will be somebody like Don Huffines spending millions to make sure Texans hear and see that video in 2024, and while Cruz would probably clear his primary, there might be enough MAGA types who are still pissed and leave that spot blank.

But on a Presidential level in Texas, it's a matter of Cruz daring the MAGA types to stay home and help elect Kamala Harris or Hillary Clinton 2.0 or whoever.

Like @Nice Guy Eddie and @JimmyJames alluded to - Cruz only does what is in Cruz's best interest.

Cruz may say and do stupid, tone-deaf shit, but it's shit that is forgotten about fairly quickly, and it's usually done out of the public eye, or at least not on such a high-profile platform.  This is not going to be forgotten about.  This was done on the floor of Congress, and it was a prepared speech.

I would even argue that Cruz did it the day before January 6th, knowing that he'd have a full news cycle of sorts to himself, since anything said on the 6th risked being drowned out by Biden, Trump, etc.

Something is up, and Cruz knows it.  This was done to advance him in some way.

As to @DigglerontheHoof question about a candidate running as a moderate and clear MAGA primaries, Cruz's biggest problem was not primaries, but DeSantis.  Like I said, DeSantis could lose this year, and then he's done on the national stage.  No point in putting resources into a Florida candidate who can't win a Florida race.

Cruz has access to plenty of good data, and knows a shit-ton about what state primaries he has to win, and what primaries he can lose.  There is so much data there, that I wouldn't be surprised if Cruz's data people have a solid map of states that will vote for him in their Republican primaries.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's amazing that we have a senator in Cruz that doesn't even attempt to help Texas. I'm not a John Cornyn fan but I do think he does what he believes is in the best interest for Texas. And Cruz's behavior only turns off a small percentage of voters compared to Cornyn. crazy.

Cornyn concerns me because we don't hear much about him.

It's the ones you don't hear about that need a lot more watching.

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Nebraska traitors, including the frontrunner for governor. 

Seeing Red Nebraska

Dr. Lee Merritt is somehow licensed to practice medicine in Nebraska and has shown up at Omaha City Council meetings to deploy her medical credentials to argue against basic public health measures.

And what are Dr. Merritt’s medical credentials? You are probably already guessing that she practices something stupid, but friends, I don’t think you are ever going to guess how bad it really is.

Vaginal rejuvenation.

Yes, vaginal rejuvenation.

Curb-your-enthusiasm-season-11.8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And then you've got the millions of Americans that just don't pay attention.  I have a buddy who is very intelligent and I figured would 100% be at least a centrist politically, if not leaning left.  He's a helicopter engineer.  January 6th got brought up a few weeks ago and he had NO CLUE what had happened.  I was flabbergasted.  

Bet he could tell you all about his 85th level Paladin.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

If I were casting a movie set in Nebraska. I would reject these people as actors, because they look so much like people from Nebraska that the public would accuse us of stereotyping.

Yeah, I think even Alexander Payne would say, "As someone who has made many films set in Nebraska, I think you're laying it on a little thick."

North Texas man Scott Skinner, "You know it's funny you mention Texas Lobo, because you'll never guess what I do now..."

Me, "Are you in real estate Scott?" 

North Texas man Scott Skinner, "Hey-Oh, BING!  You are sharp as a tack today." 

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

FIc0edmXoAIW3OL?format=png&name=900x900

We need more Judge Howells, and fewer Judge Reed O'Connors, who would have thanked Williams for his service to his President, and then ordered the DOJ to pay for the cost of the trip to heal the hurt feelings Williams was subjected to by virtue of his purely political prosecution.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

I had someone (Trump supporter) tell me after 1/6 that it was “Antifa trying to fight conservatives”. That was their description of what happened.

I've had multiple Trump supporters tell me it was antifa/Soros's people/Democrats/etc.

And these days I just respond with "you should be happy that all of those people are being prosecuted and going to jail if they are antifa/Soros/Democrats!"

Which is then followed by "well now, let's just wait, they weren't really protesting or breaking in or anything, so let's just talk about this."

Republicans fucking know these were Republicans/Qanons storming Congress, otherwise they would be cheering on their convictions and sentences and loss of jobs, etc.

• Like 3

I've had multiple Trump supporters tell me it was antifa/Soros's people/Democrats/etc.
And these days I just respond with "you should be happy that all of those people are being prosecuted and going to jail if they are antifa/Soros/Democrats!"
Which is then followed by "well now, let's just wait, they weren't really protesting or breaking in or anything, so let's just talk about this."
Republicans fucking know these were Republicans/Qanons storming Congress, otherwise they would be cheering on their convictions and sentences and loss of jobs, etc.
It'd be a whole lot cooler if you just laughed at them and said "you are one fucking idiot" and just walked away.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It doesn't matter, because math.  See below.

They don't.  There is no victory within the GQP without securing the MAGA vote.  The MAGA vote completely dominates the party.  Without MAGAs, you win nothing.  So, you have to go MAGA to win a nomination to be first assistant county co-dog catcher, all the way up.

We've swallowed the poison.  Completely.  There is no point hoping "maybe the dose wasn't that big!"  It was.

There is a path.

Win enough primaries - plenty of MAGA types don't vote much, if at all, in the primaries, and plenty of Republicans really don't pay as much attention as we think they do - we are all fixated on the GQP and not the ones who reliably helped put George W. in office, etc..  Cruz, etc. have access to the data that tells them how they can win the primaries they need.

Get out of the primaries and into the general and then dare MAGA to help elect Kamala "Konfiscate Yer Guns" Harris* or Hillary 2.0 or Barrack Mohammed Hussein Obama 2.0 or whatever by staying home or leaving the spot blank on the ballot.  

Plenty of MAGA will blink and vote (R) when they are in the voting booth.  MAGA are scared people by nature - scared of change, scared of the government, scared of their shadows, etc.  Pump out enough social media advertising to make sure that the Democratic nominee is scary.

* I made that nickname up, but you can use it.

Edited by atomheartbevo

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Holy shit, you got under her skin.  "They're calling me Insurrection Barbie..."

She quoted @Lobo, too.  "We hope you get beat in prison".

I am pissed. I was really hoping she would notice the reference to Frau Farbissina from the Austin Power's Goldmember movie and think about why she was being described as such.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Also:

Zach.png.4403081df214beaf1e2487a3ae14595f.png

This ties into my view that MAGA are scared of a lot of things, and not willing to risk much after seeing a bunch of their more radical brethren get prison sentences/lose jobs/etc.

If hundreds of thousands, or even tens of thousands, had descended upon the Capitol this morning, I would have been worried.

Looking at the little rally with Marjorie Taylor Green and Ashli Babbitt's mom, it looks like the media outnumbered them.

Has to make Trump wonder where his people are.

17 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yes, because they are fucking liars.  

Yeah, but the quote was "Dallas to Nebraska" 

from there to Lincoln, just 600 miles.  To Omaha...650 miles.  Not sure where else there is to go in Nebraska but those to places.  song probably says something about it.

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Funnily enough, one of the best ways, legally, to punch through executive privilege is for a criminal defendant to assert a need for the information.  If the information is needed, and not available elsewhere, executive privilege will yield most of the time.  This is probably not one of those cases, though.

37 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Funnily enough, one of the best ways, legally, to punch through executive privilege is for a criminal defendant to assert a need for the information.  If the information is needed, and not available elsewhere, executive privilege will yield most of the time.  This is probably not one of those cases, though.

so you're saying this tactic could work?

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, but the quote was "Dallas to Nebraska" 

from there to Lincoln, just 600 miles.  To Omaha...650 miles.  Not sure where else there is to go in Nebraska but those to places.  song probably says something about it.

Ogallala. Or maybe closer to Chadron to hunt. One of my friends from college was from Ogallala. Parents lived out by the lake IIRC. My spouse has family near Valentine.