Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

30 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I believe those 2 people are themselves Antifa and that they did that interview just to make Trump supporters look stupid.  

This would be a great question.  You could frame it up as "What would you say to the people...and believe me, people are saying,....that you two are antifa planted to make Magats look stupid?  What could you tell them that would possibly make them think otherwise?"

• Haha 1

Court records filed Friday show he has already provided numerous insights into the group’s plans and their intention to disrupt the congressional electoral vote confirmation.

Charles Donohoe, 34, of Kernersville, N.C., admitted to both organizing the pro-Trump attack on Congress and assaulting law enforcement officers. Donohoe is the first charged among six of the Proud Boys’ leaders, including longtime chairman Enrique Tarrio, to admit to both organizing an attack on Congress and assaulting law enforcement officers.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/11/politics/thomas-robertson-capitol-riot-verdict/index.html

A jury in Washington, DC, on Monday found an ex-Virginia police officer guilty on all six charges he faced for his actions around the US Capitol attack on January 6, 2021.

Thomas Robertson, a former sergeant of the Rocky Mount police in Virginia, faced charges including impeding law enforcement officers, obstructing an official proceeding, entering and remaining in restricted grounds and tampering with evidence.

The jury heard from multiple witness during the trial last week, including Washington police officers who were there during the attack, federal agents and Robertson's former police colleague and co-defendant who testified as part of a plea deal with the government.

A sentencing date has not been set.

Robertson has been awaiting his trial in jail since July, after investigators said they found a rifle and bomb-making material in his home and learned that he bought another 37 guns on the internet after his original arrest in January 2021.

Nope, dont see any problem there. I presume these charges are felony charges correct? 

15 hours ago, Blotto said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/11/politics/thomas-robertson-capitol-riot-verdict/index.html

Nope, dont see any problem there. I presume these charges are felony charges correct? 

Robertson has been awaiting his trial in jail since July, after investigators said they found a rifle and bomb-making material in his home and learned that he bought another 37 guns on the internet after his original arrest in January 2021.

I'm not anti-gun and I don't support heavy handed attempts to limit gun ownership but there is zero legitimate reason someone buys 37 guns in a short time. The only reason would be to give/sell the guns to people that legally can't buy them on their own.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm not anti-gun and I don't support heavy handed attempts to limit gun ownership but there is zero legitimate reason someone buys 37 guns in a short time. The only reason would be to give/sell the guns to people that legally can't buy them on their own.

or you could just want to be this guy

800px-TremorsWOG.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Too many people talk about guns with the kind of adoration that should be reserved their children. Until we learn to value people more than guns, we’ll remain mired in a sea of inaction as it relates to unchecked gun violence.

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Every time I see one of these, Real Men of Genius plays in my head.

What pisses me off is not just that our Republic is going to come to an end via violent overthrow of the government (it will -- this is going to happen repeatedly until it works); it's also that it won't be a cool violent revolutionary overthrow by well-read, dedicated patriots who are carried by admirable and understandable human ideals, but rather it will be by the biggest group of absolute fucking morons ever assembled in human history acting at the behest of the king of all fucking morons.

This fucking timeline, man.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 4/19/2022 at 6:02 PM, Brisketexan said:

What pisses me off is not just that our Republic is going to come to an end via violent overthrow of the government (it will -- this is going to happen repeatedly until it works); it's also that it won't be a cool violent revolutionary overthrow by well-read, dedicated patriots who are carried by admirable and understandable human ideals, but rather it will be by the biggest group of absolute fucking morons ever assembled in human history acting at the behest of the king of all fucking morons.

This fucking timeline, man.

dumbest people alive. we have 'educated' surly posters that 1000000% support everything that happened on jan 6th

(CNN)A former New York City police officer was convicted Monday of assaulting a Washington, DC, police officer during the January 6 riot at the US Capitol.

Thomas Webster, who claimed he was defending himself when he swung a metal flagpole at police and tackled one to the ground, choking him by his chin strap, was convicted by a jury on all six charges after roughly two hours of deliberations.
The 56-year-old ex-NYPD officer and former Marine faces a maximum of 20 years in prison for the assault of DC officer Noah Rathbun. Webster is the fourth January 6 rioter to be convicted by a jury and the first to be convicted by a jury in a police assault case from the insurrection.
"This case is about rage," one of the prosecutors, Brian Kelly, said in closing arguments Friday
Kelly told the jury that while Webster "wants to blame officer Rathbun," it was Webster who first attacked Rathbun and Webster who crossed police lines to tackle the officer.
"His actions speak for themselves," Kelly concluded, asking the jury to find Webster guilty on all charges, including assaulting, resisting or impeding an officer with a dangerous weapon.

Webster's defense attorney, James Monroe, argued that Webster only acted in self-defense after being punched by Rathbun.
"Are we ever going to accept police misconduct?" Monroe asked the jury. "We're dealing with a bad cop," he said of Rathbun, adding that Webster "knows what a bad cop looks like" from serving on the NYPD for two decades.
This the first case where a Capitol rioter claimed self-defense. In other related cases, jurors previously rejected attempts by defendants to shift the blame onto then-President Donald Trump. Most of the January 6 cases that have gone to trial so far resulted in convictions.
The self-defense claim gained no traction with jurors.
Doris Spruell, a juror, told reporters after the verdict that they "looked at all the evidence...and felt that there was no grounds for self-defense. The video, I think, clearly showed that."
When asked about Webster's testimony, Spruell said she "did not think it was credible."
"The case that the government laid out was very comprehensive," another juror said, adding that he felt "quite comfortable with the verdict" and that the jury didn't find Webster's testimony compelling.
"It was very quick and very obvious," another juror said.
While prosecutors requested Webster be locked up immediately, Mehta allowed Webster to remain on 24-hour home confinement with an ankle monitor, a decision he said was "a close call."
Webster, who sat still during the verdict, left the DC courthouse holding a flip phone to his ear and did not speak with reporters.
"It's a difficult day for Tom Webster and his family," Monroe said. "We're going to give some thought about the result today and decide where to go from here."
This story has been updated with comment from jurors.

It says two decades at nypd so I assume he is drawing a nice pension from them to be then throwing them under the bus as evidence of his expertise in identifying police brutality. 

“how many times did you see police brutality?” Is probably a relevant question to ask him on the stand, but could you follow it up by asking how often he reported it?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

FYI, Thomas Webster lives in Florida, NY.  He retired from the NYPD in 2011.  I am sure he has a nice pension.  Also, this.

And you know that he complains about certain people who live off govt handouts. Especially after a few drinks. We all know that guy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Prosecutors noted in a court filing last week that Creek brought a "first aid kit, mace, a boot knife, and binoculars" to D.C. on Jan. 6, and Friedrich said Monday that Creek decided to go "toe-to-toe" with the officers at the Capitol.

But nobody was armed.

On 5/4/2022 at 9:31 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Apparently, it is Lara Logan.  Looks like Jenna though.  They deserve each other either way.

Couple of ditchpigs.  I did see something that noted Rittenhouse' "eye discipline."

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

1) These are the dumbest fucking people alive.

2) So, I still can't believe that we're actually going to lose our Republic to them when they pull Jan 6th II, Insurrection Boogaloo in the next few years.

The idiots will win.  They have sufficient numbers, and incredible passion and dedication unencumbered by any sense of reality or sanity.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

1) These are the dumbest fucking people alive.

2) So, I still can't believe that we're actually going to lose our Republic to them when they pull Jan 6th II, Insurrection Boogaloo in the next few years.

The idiots will win.  They have sufficient numbers, and incredible passion and dedication unencumbered by any sense of reality or sanity.

Yeah, that's what I can't wrap my head around.  That we're going to lose it all to these idiots, these absolute fucktards.

Rather than their passion or dedication, I am more worried that they are enabled by crass, debased politicians that know better but will do anything to retain power.

• Hook 'Em 1