Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

15 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

My wife is weary of me constantly updating her with political shit.  She told me I have been insufferable since Nov 3.  "Outrage isn't attractive" is the way she put it.  I took that to heart and STFU around her. Don't care. Had sex.

Could you imagine being married to a 100% obsessed "Patriot"?

I broke up with a chick because she bitched in a restaurant about finding lettuce in her sandwich.

• Hook 'Em 4

This paragraph for @Onboard 2.0

Compare that to, for example, riots this past summer. Looting is bad, but it’s a problem for police and insurance companies. Trying to burn down a police station or courthouse is worse, but that too is a law enforcement problem, perhaps one requiring federal assistance. Storming the Capitol, forcefully hindering the execution of U.S. law, and trying to kill top elected officials is a national security problem.

What you did was on another level, and the reaction will be too.

• Hook 'Em 8

30 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

My wife is weary of me constantly updating her with political shit.  She told me I have been insufferable since Nov 3.  "Outrage isn't attractive" is the way she put it.  I took that to heart and STFU around her. Don't care. Had sex.

Could you imagine being married to a 100% obsessed "Patriot"?

Those ex wives deserve all the schadenfreude.

When Emile de Becque (the romantic lead in the musical South Pacific) sings "Some enchanted evening, you may see a stranger...you may see a stranger aaaaacross a crowded room," it's most likely the cryptic commentary of a slightly soused lyricist who knows exactly what you mean.

17 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Compare that to, for example, riots this past summer. Looting is bad, but it’s a problem for police and insurance companies. Trying to burn down a police station or courthouse is worse, but that too is a law enforcement problem, perhaps one requiring federal assistance. Storming the Capitol, forcefully hindering the execution of U.S. law, and trying to kill top elected officials is a national security problem.

The doofuses who need to read this will never see it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

Honestly, it is only going to click for them when they see the military (who is supposed to be allied with their cause) opening fire.

Nope. Every time one of their “allies” shows themselves to be anything but, they go “wow this goes deeper than we thought” and put barr and pence and John Roberts and Georgia’s governor and SOS over into the enemy pile. 

just like the joke going around of meeting god and not believing him that the election was fair. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Honestly, it is only going to click for them when they see the military (who is supposed to be allied with their cause) opening fire.

I'm not even sure that would do it.  I can see them attributing it to the Deep State, or that pedo pizza joint, or whatever other piece of mental navel lent fires their synapses before their jaw lazily engages.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, BillyBadAss said:

Not sure the confederate flag guy is correct. In the FBI photo looks like he has a teardrop tattoo, here he does not:

https://twitter.com/FBIWFO/status/1348484677288534019/photo/1

Hairline looks different as well.   Face is similar. 

Sure Ricky, whatever you say.

(Just kidding.  Looks like original tweet was deleted, so it may be a false id.) 

28 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

TLDR version -- these folks fucked around.  They are about to find out.

I would say that another significant difference between Trumpsters storming the Capitol and looters/rioters related to the BLM protests is that the latter didn't fucking video themselves doing federal crimes and then posted such evidence on social media.  If there is ever a need to demonstrate consequences, it's when there is a broadly held notion that there would not be any. These dumbfucks are genuinely surprised that they don't have the right to violently attack Congress.  That delusion needs to be corrected as soon as fucking possible. 

Edited by Tuco
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

1) I don't think it's at all clear that a president can give a blanket pardon.  Carter gave a blanket pardon to Vietnam-era draft dodgers.  But the validity of the pardon was never tested in court.  And I think most legal analysis on the point indicates that a pardon must specify (1) whom is being pardoned, and (2) for what is that person being pardoned.

2) Trump has a strong incentive not to pardon these people.  By pardoning them, he further implicates himself in their misdeeds.  And that makes impeachment and conviction even more likely.  It also makes post-presidential prosecution more likely.

3) Given that a pardon has potential downsides for Trump, why would anyone expect him to do that?  When has he not sold his family/business partners/supporters down the river when there was the least incentive to do so?

What we know about the you're fired guy:

1. He's transactional
  2. Ego Driven
  3. Impulsive
  4. All about the money

So who the fuck knows.  I think the odds go up the more the terrorist can donate to Trump's library or other grift du jour

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Uhh BLM occupied Portland. Thanks for trying though.

I'm with you on the whole violence needs to be recognized and punished on both sides. (Hard Stop)

There are some distinctions in what they were protesting and the potential and real outcomes of the protests/riots.

WASHINGTON—Returning to the legislative chamber mere days after violently forcing his way inside with thousands of fellow insurrectionists, 37-year-old Trump rioter Joshua McSherry reportedly knocked on the Senate door Monday to ask about retrieving the set of car keys he had left behind while storming the U.S. Capitol building. “Hey, this is super embarrassing, but has anyone seen a key to a Ford Escape around here?” said McSherry, who gingerly poked his head into the room and mouthed the word “sorry” before edging to the front of the chamber to check for the missing keys under the dais. “I’m not interrupting, am I? I was just here last week smashing some windows in—I don’t know if you remember. I already checked some of the offices, but they weren’t there. Anyway, they’re on a Mickey Mouse lanyard if that helps. Also, does somebody here know where I can find Ilhan Omar? No reason, just asking.” At press time, several Republican senators were crawling around on their hands and knees to assist McSherry in his search.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

WASHINGTON—Returning to the legislative chamber mere days after violently forcing his way inside with thousands of fellow insurrectionists, 37-year-old Trump rioter Joshua McSherry reportedly knocked on the Senate door Monday to ask about retrieving the set of car keys he had left behind while storming the U.S. Capitol building. “Hey, this is super embarrassing, but has anyone seen a key to a Ford Escape around here?” said McSherry, who gingerly poked his head into the room and mouthed the word “sorry” before edging to the front of the chamber to check for the missing keys under the dais. “I’m not interrupting, am I? I was just here last week smashing some windows in—I don’t know if you remember. I already checked some of the offices, but they weren’t there. Anyway, they’re on a Mickey Mouse lanyard if that helps. Also, does somebody here know where I can find Ilhan Omar? No reason, just asking.” At press time, several Republican senators were crawling around on their hands and knees to assist McSherry in his search.

At press time, several Republican senators were crawling around on their hands and knees to assist McSherry in his search.

Chef's kiss.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, bolverk said:

For those debating shared punishment for that officer's murder, how about we go with everyone seen in this photo and/or found to be within 30 yards of his body on those steps.

ErZCmYSW4AIyrJX.png 

Just so we are clear, I'm pretty sure this particular officer is not the officer who was killed.  I believe it is a DC Metro officer (Twitter posts included that of his ex-wife confirming same).  Not sure of his condition, but at last check he was still alive.

Carry on.

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

Just so we are clear, I'm pretty sure this particular officer is not the officer who was killed.  I believe it is a DC Metro officer (Twitter posts included that of his ex-wife confirming same).  Not sure of his condition, but at last check he was still alive.

Carry on.

The guy who died was bludgeoned with a fire extinguisher, so that was likely inside. 

3 minutes ago, Tuco said:

The guy who died was bludgeoned with a fire extinguisher, so that was likely inside. 

Correct (as to fire extinguisher, no idea as to where he was attacked), and from all I've read I don't know that he ever lost consciousness or was swarmed upon like this guy.  

Edited by DDD Dad

Carry on.

Correct. So those guys are just looking at charges of battery/attempted murder of a police officer.

I’m sure those carry a pretty stout penalty.

Wait...the defendants are white, and are good, “contributing members of society” and whatnot? Well then....probation it is!
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

This is why once trump is finally removed his violent supporters are fucked and his dipshit supporters will eventually quietly move on.

This is no longer a selfie taking game. The only thing currently holding back the storm that is coming to these people is that their leader trump for now is still the president. Once that obstacle (admittedly a big one) is gone, the battle will be soon over with and they are gonna either back off or find out.

These people must have figured they'd be successful in overthrowing the government and not only would their not be consequences, they'd be heroes.

Instead, they behaved in the most stupid and dangerous way possible two weeks before the whole crazy world snaps back to normal.