Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

The funny part about all of these people who are unable to cope with the consequences of their actions are the same people who run around saying they believe in "personal responsibility". 

Spoiled coddled titty babies. We are seeing the impact of a generation of nouveau-riche exurban white trash helicopter parenting their little Ashli and Jaxon come to roost. Bunch of pussies.

Nuke Plano.

It was Plano in the 80’s and 90’s.  In the aughts it was Frisco.  Now it is Prosper and Celina.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Wait, a goddamned history professor is pretending it was just fun and games?

On another thread, I posted that MAGA psychology is similar to that seen in wrestling fans. These people are emotionally invested in a fantasy, but they have a subconscious assumption that it’s all just fake and fun. They’re finding out that the real world isn’t in on the joke and it’s shocking to them. That’s why the angry mob storming the Speaker’s Lobby was stopped dead in its tracks by a single bullet, and why so many MAGA morons are genuinely shocked that they’re being arrested and kicked off planes. They thought they were just part of some goofy immersive dinner theater show called “Idiots Storm the Capitol” and woke up to the reality that they were active participants in a coup.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

On another thread, I posted that MAGA psychology is similar to that seen in wrestling fans. These people are emotionally invested in a fantasy, but they have a subconscious assumption that it’s all just fake and fun. They’re finding out that the real world isn’t in on the joke and it’s shocking to them. That’s why the angry mob storming the Speaker’s Lobby was stopped dead in its tracks by a single bullet, and why so many MAGA morons are genuinely shocked that they’re being arrested and kicked off planes. They thought they were just part of some goofy immersive dinner theater show called “Idiots Storm the Capitol” and woke up to the reality that they were active participants in a coup.

IMO, 80% of them were there for the little cosplay party, the other 20% meant business. 

55 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I didn't really listen all that closely this time, but I was sure that Surly had flagged this guy as some anti mask guy from a couple of months ago.

Apologizes if I am wrong.  I'm a bit frazzled right now and probably should not be cluttering up the board with my off the cuff thoughts. Carry on.

Don’t believe everything you read on Surly. 

38 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Unfortunately, I look like a trumpanzee to the uninitiated. Standard 40's white guy who could probably lose a few pound who typically travels in a t-shirt.  I'm not really excited about the extra screening that is coming my way once TSA starts changing it's profiling standard.

Thanks to these Gravy Seals, I chose not to wear my warmest hat on a walk, my old Army camo snoopy hat. And it was really cold. I wanna find a Trumpkin and pour a bag of ice down his collar.

^

that journalist sucks.  And it doesn't really give the play-by-play of what happened.  
Sounds like he was arrested Wednesday night, somehow gets released and makes his way back to his hometown (in Georgia?) sometime Thursday or Friday.  And kills himself on Saturday?  Or did he die of wounds received in the siege?  Seems strange he could be that injured and travel all the way back to Georgia.  

Either way, he fucked around and found out.  Death toll with its blood on Trump's hands now up to 6, right?  

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

^

that journalist sucks.  And it doesn't really give the play-by-play of what happened.  
Sounds like he was arrested Wednesday night, somehow gets released and makes his way back to his hometown (in Georgia?) sometime Thursday or Friday.  And kills himself on Saturday?  Or did he die of wounds received in the siege?  Seems strange he could be that injured and travel all the way back to Georgia.  

Either way, he fucked around and found out.  Death toll with its blood on Trump's hands now up to 6, right?  

Click through to the Daily Mail

• Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Here:

30 minutes ago, Lobo said:

^

20 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9138405/Trump-fan-53-dead-just-days-arrested-Capitol-Hill-riot.html

Lived in upscale neighborhood.  Found in basement dead with a lot of blood,  police removed two SKS semi-auto rifles.

My opinion: When coroner report comes out it will be from self-inflicted gunshot wound

7 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Twas foreordained.  Klete out front shoulda toldya.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

If you own a store, like a flower shop, that depends on national service relationships, it's risky taking on a public stance and have your store tied to your name.  I would assume that places like 1800Flowers have now had complaints about her. If her store goes under, I feel for her employees but in the long run they're better off working elsewhere.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Swimmers seem like they're predisposed to be idiots.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

This is the party of "family values," and what strikes me on these videos over and over, probably the family value that was most drilled into my head from my parents was that you show respect to those around you if you hope to earn respect from them, and that means you don't throw temper tantrums or fits, you behave like an adult and you don't waste people's time.  And yet over and over I'm watching these things and wondering where their family is and why weren't they taught these lessons?  It's just sad.
Also, I want them to cut this out because when the pandemic is over I'll be back to traveling for work again.  Unfortunately, I look like a trumpanzee to the uninitiated. Standard 40's white guy who could probably lose a few pound who typically travels in a t-shirt.  I'm not really excited about the extra screening that is coming my way once TSA starts changing it's profiling standard.
Family values was code for no gays, muslims, foriegners or any non WASP traditions like taco trucks. They justify this with the Bible and christianity, yet the dude whose biggest and most important message was "love one another."
Any further hypocracy is unsurprising as it was all bullshit the entire time.
  • Hook 'Em 6

Just now, conVINCEd said:

Plano got a little too diverse for them in the mid-90’s.  They’ve moved north, and will continue moving north until the are no longer subjected to the presence of minorities.

I remember when Prosper was a sleepy little farming community of under 1,000. The AMPI powder milk plant was the largest employer.

33 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Plano got a little too diverse for them in the mid-90’s.  They’ve moved north, and will continue moving north until the are no longer subjected to the presence of minorities.

God-willing in 15 years they'll all be in Oklahoma

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Yet, Frisco manages to convert its minorities into Trumpy types.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yet, Frisco manages to convert its minorities into Trumpy types.

I’m not sure I completely buy that.  I bet Frisco went 55/45 for Trump.  Lots of woke moms.  Prosper was probably 70/30, Celina 85/15.  Those are guesses because I don’t spend too much time up there anymore, whereas a few years ago I was  working up there.

3 hours ago, BradInATX said:

All of these people who are unable to cope with the consequences of their actions are the same people who run around saying they believe in "personal responsibility". Spoiled coddled titty babies. We are seeing the impact of a generation of nouveau-riche exurban white trash helicopter parenting their little Ashli and Jaxon come to roost. Bunch of pussies.

Nuke Plano.

Damn, you stuck the landing, that's for sure.