Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

10 hours ago, Bevo Num1 said:
10 hours ago, Pancho said:
I’m 

We truly are a nation of idiots.

Millions and millions of booger-pickin, mouth-breathing morons. There's no way back. I feel like Luke Wilson's character in Idiocracy. Wake up one morning and wtf... Fully expect Brawndo to start flowing from my kitchen faucet any day now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Not that cool, since it was a minute or two of our time that didn't end up with her clothes on your floor.  Or your clothes on her floor.
But at least you still kept your kidneys, so that's a win.

A hate fuck finish would have elevated this to Penthouse Letters status with a chef’s kiss.

Man, I have done some dumb shit to get some ass...but participating in an insurrection and ending up in federal prison with the hope that the girl I met online would pay me a conjugal visit...just didn't occur to me.  That's a long way to go to get a piece of ass.  

2 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

A lot of these are hilarious, and I'm enjoying laughing at the morons, but the folks involved in the next go-around are going to learn from this.  They won't televise their revolution next time.

Without the clout that comes with livestreaming, talking to followers, or sharing pictures, 9/10ths of those people won't be interested in attending a rally. What we're left with now as far as threats is what we already had: White nationalist militiamen. And we had those before Trump.

1/19 will tell the tale. I think it's going to be a wet fart in terms of mass demonstrations by MAGA.

Militias and loners? Sure, they're always a threat and have been for decades. (OKC, etc...) And those aren't acts of revolution because they lack popular energy, they're just terrorism meant to spark a revolution which isn't how it works. (Well, they want RaHoWa, but po-tay-to, po-tah-to.)

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

A lot of these are hilarious, and I'm enjoying laughing at the morons, but the folks involved in the next go-around are going to learn from this.  They won't televise their revolution next time.

I bet most of the photos that have been used for identification in the last one were from the press, not the terrorists themselves. 

17 hours ago, Thatguy said:

White folks-

Often times I in the past I found myself embarrassed when the News Reporter shoves the camera and a mic in the face of what appears to be the most illiterate person of color they could find to expound upon whatever the situation on the ground happens to be. There was no worse feeling than when they interviewed Dexter Jackson after the Bucs won the super bowl for the MVP presentation. My and 3 other black dudes were sitting at home faces in palms while he struggled through that speech. Is this the feeling you guys get when you watch MAGA?

These people and the ones yelling at elected officials in airports have taken to the notion that public servants work for the people to the absurd conviction that they, individually, are the boss of any elected official. No self-consciousness. No perspective. Me! Me! Me! masquerading as We! We! We!

The second they crash into logic or facts or civiity, they work themselves up into an emotional frenzy that adds an electric force field around their argument-proof devotion to idiocy and hate.

They're exactly what the GOPs wanted electing them every year. Then came Trump and stole their hate engine.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

Neither of them has eyes that are the proper distance apart:

5fff5b9c722b0.image.jpg?crop=699,834,3,0

29 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Without the clout that comes with livestreaming, talking to followers, or sharing pictures, 9/10ths of those people won't be interested in attending a rally. What we're left with now as far as threats is what we already had: White nationalist militiamen. And we had those before Trump.

1/19 will tell the tale. I think it's going to be a wet fart in terms of mass demonstrations by MAGA.

Militias and loners? Sure, they're always a threat and have been for decades. (OKC, etc...) And those aren't acts of revolution because they lack popular energy, they're just terrorism meant to spark a revolution which isn't how it works. (Well, they want RaHoWa, but po-tay-to, po-tah-to.)

You're seriously underestimating the danger these people pose.  I expect that this weekend and the inauguration probably will be relatively quiet, as all these dipshits have now figured out that criming in front of thousands of cameras is stupid, and the FBI is currently rolling up every militia group they can throw a charge at just to get them locked up for a week or two. 

But longer term, the accelerationists are gaining more converts and the violent right is definitely emboldened after the Capitol attack. We're going to see more terrorist attacks from individuals and small cells and it's going to be very hard to stop. This isn't going to be like the nineties, where a few pipe bomb attacks and the OKC bombing basically eliminated any public support for these assholes. A much larger percentage of the American right is sympathetic to them and their aims than in the 90s and a majority of elected Republican officials at all levels of government are as well. Half the country has been absolutely deluged with 24/7 propaganda for the past 20 years about how the Dems are coming for them and their families and their god. Most of those people obviously won't actually do anything, but the pool of people the violent .5% or whatever come from is now much larger than it has been at any point in the last 100 years.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

33 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You're seriously underestimating the danger these people pose.  I expect that this weekend and the inauguration probably will be relatively quiet, as all these dipshits have now figured out that criming in front of thousands of cameras is stupid, and the FBI is currently rolling up every militia group they can throw a charge at just to get them locked up for a week or two. 

Yes.

But longer term, the accelerationists are gaining more converts and the violent right is definitely emboldened after the Capitol attack. We're going to see more terrorist attacks from individuals and small cells and it's going to be very hard to stop. This isn't going to be like the nineties, where a few pipe bomb attacks and the OKC bombing basically eliminated any public support for these assholes. A much larger percentage of the American right is sympathetic to them and their aims than in the 90s and a majority of elected Republican officials at all levels of government are as well. Half the country has been absolutely deluged with 24/7 propaganda for the past 20 years about how the Dems are coming for them and their families and their god. Most of those people obviously won't actually do anything, but the pool of people the violent .5% or whatever come from is now much larger than it has been at any point in the last 100 years.

Yeah, exactly, terrorist acts disconnected from a popular revolutionary movement. A danger to some people in some places, but not a danger to the state.

These people are dangerous in the sense that they will commit acts of terror. But there is no threat of an actual revolution or coup that would succeed. The Trumpkin movement played its hand on 1/6 as far as insurrection and the state and the capital powers saw it and said, "No." Whatever may have been started there ended in an occupied Capitol and the monied elite withdrawing support.

Terrorism from militia types will happen, and perhaps it will even increase in frequency.

The state will endure. Capital demands it.

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes.

Yeah, exactly, terrorist acts disconnected from a popular revolutionary movement. A danger to some people in some places, but not a danger to the state.

These people are dangerous in the sense that they will commit acts of terror. But there is no threat of an actual revolution or coup that would succeed. The Trumpkin movement played its hand on 1/6 as far as insurrection and the state and the capital powers saw it and said, "No." Whatever may have been started there ended in an occupied Capitol and the monied elite withdrawing support.

Terrorism from militia types will happen, and perhaps it will even increase in frequency.

The state will endure. Capital demands it.

I'd say support from more than one half of one of the major political parties qualifies as pretty fucking popular.

• Rage+1 2

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I straight-up cringed when the retired Air Force Lt. Col. with the flexicuffs and body armor was shown on TV, and you could see the Longhorn patch on his helmet.

Well, that's probably not the same thing.

WHAT?!

dammit. i had missed this. fucker.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It depends, sadly. How many democrats died? 

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I think some will and most will blame it on antifa and use it to radicalize themselves further.

I blame Brisket for this insanity. Either that or you guys are super young and don't actually remember OKC.

American voters are very unhappy with this and blame Trump. 52% say he should be removed from office.

There is not a chance in hell that Republican voters in any significant percentage are cool with a mass-death terror incident.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I blame Brisket for this insanity. Either that or you guys are super young and don't actually remember OKC.

American voters are very unhappy with this and blame Trump. 52% say he should be removed from office.

There is not a chance in hell that Republican voters in any significant percentage are cool with a mass-death terror incident.

You say this like it's a good thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

You can have that perspective, and it doesn’t faze me one bit.  But the reality is I continue to positively impact hundreds of lives each year through my job and enjoy the mutual respect and gratitude shared with my students and colleagues.  And now I’m going to go pack for my family’s 10 day trip to Orlando. 

I'm pretty sure the proper term is "phase." 

17 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

That we have to take a scientifically sound poll of Americans to see how they feel about a mass terror incident caused by domestic citizens...Yeah that’s not of my 2021 bingo card but I guess it should be

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

i blame you for thinking mid-90s thinking applies to 2021.  fox had just started its right wing brain melt operation then.

i posit that if AOC and Pelosi would have been murdered last week in a manner that didn't result in something too graphic -- one trampled, one knocked off a second story balcony -- the reaction by 50,000,000+ people would have been "it's a shame they had to die to make the country better, but it made the country better."

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

You guys are way to wrapped up in the moment. Take a breath.

70+% of Republicans opposed the storming of the capitol, an event which had no bloody pictures. 6% of voters think the rioters should be allowed to get away with it.

Be serious.

Watch Fox news today. Watch every single Fox clip of the incident for as long as you want.  Then think about every single Fox framing of any issue in the past five years and compare it to what the republican party thinks 2 weeks later.

35 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

ErZjx0lW4AEBdDH?format=jpg&name=900x900

ErZlZehXIAMI5D1?format=jpg&name=900x900

08755e3666a8b6af6dbe39cd51d02db2.gif

With the advent of lightning fast technology (and I'm not even talking about 5G, mama mia), it's fascinating the amount of double agent, double double agent, etc. that goes on the internet. For example, one could view this post, like I assume you did based on the willywonka gif, as obviously real. But others can view the same post and see it's obviously a troll-- someone on the left making a parody or caricaturing or trying to pass it off as real.

I'm reminded of the "burner" and "finsta" accounts. We went from famous people having finsta/burners to now we have documented that there are people creating fake finsta/burners to make it look like the famous persons account. It's dizzying what happens when everything is done at the snap of a finger and anonymously, and that is only going to get worse as secure, encrypted technology becomes the standard (e.g. signal app, blockchain, duckduckgo, etc.) as people eventually turn on aggregators who can be subpoened by police/feds, like iCloud/iMessage, Facebook, Google, etc.

And 5G, when it's rolled out, is only going to cement a world and reality where nothing is true, but everything is true. American society connected through a more-or-less shared ethic and vision is going to sound as anachronistic and ancient as Socrates and Plato teaching in the agora.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1

I am being serious, it's you who isn't. Picture this like Charlottesville. Enough of the country was shocked enough that a lot of people on the right "opposed" it at the time. A bunch of MAGA denounced it and the nazis retreated back to the internet afterward and there wasn't really another attempt to "unite the right" until the anti-mask protests this summer. However, in the interim there was constant propaganda further radicalizing the right and many on the right came to blame Charlottesville on the left (they blame EVERYTHING on the left when convenient).  By 1/6, MAGA, Q Anon, and nazis were all fighting side by side to stage a coup.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

29 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

They approve of Trump’s handling of the pandemic.  400,000 dead? No problem. 

They’re still being radicalized rapidly and violence against black people is tolerated. These people are bad and broken. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They approve of Trump’s handling of the pandemic.  400,000 dead? No problem. 

They’re still being radicalized rapidly and violence against black people is tolerated. These people are bad and broken. 

If you think a significant # of Republican voters would be cool with another OKC you're basically as deluded about your enemy as your average Q psycho is about the depravity of Democrats.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If you think a significant # of Republican voters would be cool with another OKC you're basically as deluded about your enemy as your average Q psycho is about the depravity of Democrats.

I didn’t say I think that.  I said it depends. If a Qtard did an OKC Bombing the majority of Republicans wouldn’t ascribed responsibility to Trump or his movement.  They would blame the democrats or antifa or whatever scapegoat Fox News tells them.  Your blindness to their apathy in the face of Trump’s horror is really something.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

15 hours ago, Pancho said:

I’m 

SWF seeking SWM insurrectionist for long walks through the DC capitol. If you can steal my heart like they stole the election then I will not only be your Melania... I'll be your Stormy AND Ivanka! XOXO.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4