Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

9 minutes ago, Goredho said:

SWF seeking SWM insurrectionist for long walks through the DC capitol. If you can steal my heart like they stole the election then I will not only be your Melania... I'll be your Stormy AND Ivanka! XOXO.

The best is yet to cum!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Goredho said:

SWF seeking SWM insurrectionist for long walks through the DC capitol. If you can steal my heart like they stole the election then I will not only be your Melania... I'll be your Stormy AND Ivanka! XOXO.

What about pina coladas and getting caught in the rain? 

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If you think a significant # of Republican voters would be cool with another OKC you're basically as deluded about your enemy as your average Q psycho is about the depravity of Democrats.

Are you being intentionally obtuse for a reason here? Do you really think it's impossible for American citizens to do the same shit to each other that groups of people all over the world have always done? Do you think people don't rationalize supporting evil all of the time? Do you think American conservatives haven't always justified evil treatment of people they see as un-American?

You normally demonstrate a clear understanding of how this shit works so I'm wondering what's suddenly changed. 

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Do you really think it's impossible for American citizens to do the same shit to each other that groups of people all over the world have always done? Do you think people don't rationalize supporting evil all of the time? Do you think American conservatives haven't always justified evil treatment of people they see as un-American?

You normally demonstrate a clear understanding of how this shit works so I'm wondering what's suddenly changed. 

This is all extremely vague.

It's done on purpose to leave enough room to find a way to own someone online. I keep referring to OKC to give some kind of rational mooring to the discussion, but I can see now that's not the point.

We're just supposed to engage in generalized anxiety flexing.

Boring

Retired firefighter accused of throwing fire extinguisher at officers during Capitol riot arrested

Robert Sanford, of Chester, Pa., faces three federal felony charges including assaulting a police officer, the Wall Street Journal reported. 

Video footage of the incident shows the man hurling a fire extinguisher at officers attempting to control a mob outside of the west side of the Capitol.

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Have you considered that maybe BT is a believer in American exceptionalism?

Either you guys genuinely believed I've turned alt.right or you're so bored in an echo chamber that you have to find the demons.

Go to places where you can yell at actual conservatives and you won't have to create fictional ones in your midst.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

LOL, so it appears he has no relationship with Aaron Mostofsky, who is in the foreground of the photo above.  Theories from riot apologists have suggested both were plants.  (I'm not suggesting Mostofsky is a plant, based on the little we know he appears to be a guy who lost his marbles.)  With Seefried being arrested in Deleware with his son, it sure doesn't seem like he is buddies with a 34 year old NY jewish dude.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/01/another-leftist-arrested-capital-protest-identified-democrat-34-year-old-son-new-york-judge/

Mr. Mostofsky is a 34 year old registered Democrat and the son of a New York Judge.  He is seen in the picture above dressed in fur, carrying a stick and wearing a bullet proof police vest he had stolen.  Mostofsky is standing beside the man who carried a Confederate flag into the event.  This indicates they possibly knew each other and both appear to be outsiders and leftist demons plotting to smear Trump supporters.

1 minute ago, RPM said:

Retired firefighter accused of throwing fire extinguisher at officers during Capitol riot arrested

Robert Sanford, of Chester, Pa., faces three federal felony charges including assaulting a police officer, the Wall Street Journal reported. 

Video footage of the incident shows the man hurling a fire extinguisher at officers attempting to control a mob outside of the west side of the Capitol.

Wherein B_T is labelled a Nazi for saying this guy shouldn't spend a decade+ in jail.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

This is all extremely vague.

It's done on purpose to leave enough room to find a way to own someone online. I keep referring to OKC to give some kind of rational mooring to the discussion, but I can see now that's not the point.

We're just supposed to engage in generalized anxiety flexing.

Boring

I've already specifically said how I think the right would respond to another OKC: most would blame antifa and use it as justification to further radicalize. That would be entirely consistent with everything we've seen up to this point. You haven't responded to that, so as far as I can tell your argument is just "nu uh!" 

40 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I didn’t say I think that.  I said it depends. If a Qtard did an OKC Bombing the majority of Republicans wouldn’t ascribed responsibility to Trump or his movement.  They would blame the democrats or antifa or whatever scapegoat Fox News tells them.  Your blindness to their apathy in the face of Trump’s horror is really something.

Nashville fits this description ?

5 hours ago, Bookman said:

TJ Robertson looks like he might be related to one of my college roommates Rob Robertson.  I have not talked to him in decades

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Either you guys genuinely believed I've turned alt.right or you're so bored in an echo chamber that you have to find the demons.

Go to places where you can yell at actual conservatives and you won't have to create fictional ones in your midst.

Or maybe ----- just MAYBE ------ you could recalibrate your sarcasm detector. 

35 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I've already specifically said how I think the right would respond to another OKC: most would blame antifa and use it as justification to further radicalize. That would be entirely consistent with everything we've seen up to this point. You haven't responded to that, so as far as I can tell your argument is just "nu uh!" 

I quoted actual polling data from this recent event that didn't even have a bloody scene and 70+% of Republicans were opposed to it and 90% of them said the people involved should face charges.

Your assertion that "most" of the right would blame ANTIFA is not based on anything but Brisket-esque doomthinking.

10 Republicans just voted to impeach Trump in the House, that's 2x more same-side impeachment votes than we've ever had. Republican power donors are fleeing. FOX describes the rioters as "a pro-Trump" "mob".

The Republican power establishment is already distancing itself from the violent populist Trumpers as much as they can after an essentially bloodless coup attempt. After a massive attack that killed babies? Neither "most of the right" or "the majority of Republicans" would blame ANTIFA. They would decry the extremist militia movement responsible and say, "NO REPUBLICAN WOULD EVER DO THIS!"

Trump himself in a recent hostage video decries the coup attempt.

If these people believed ANTIFA was responsible this wouldn't be happening.

Muffy got arrested!

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Christine Priola, a former occupational therapist for the Cleveland schools, was arrested Thursday and accused of taking part in last week’s attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Priola, 49, is expected to be appear for an initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Cleveland before U.S. Magistrate Judge William Baughman. Her case will then be transferred to the District of Columbia, where federal prosecutors have charged about two dozen involving the breach.

She is charged with knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building; violent entry; and unlawful activities on Capitol grounds.

(You can read the complaint here or at the bottom of this story.)

The charges come less than a week after federal agents searched Priola’s Willoughby home. Also last week, Priola submitted her resignation from the school district in a conspiracy-laden letter to officials.

A photographer for Getty Images took a picture Wednesday in the chamber of the U.S. Senate. The photograph showed a woman, at the front of the chamber, carrying a sign that said, “The Children Cry Out For Justice.” Several on social media identified the woman as Priola.

The search of Priola’s home came two days after scores of rioters in Washington, D.C., had broken through barricades and stormed the Capitol while Congress was in session to certify Joseph Biden as the winner of the November presidential election. The rioters attended a rally outside the Capitol, where President Trump spoke. Many described the storming of the building as an insurrection to support the president’s attempts to stay in power.

Four rioters and a Capitol Hill police officer died in the melee. The Justice Department promised to charge those involved.

A defense attorney for Priola is not listed on a court docket.

LLB5EKMEMVCDZJ6LGA5GHOZ7F4.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, RPM said:

How about that

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Muffy got arrested!

LLB5EKMEMVCDZJ6LGA5GHOZ7F4.jpg

I'll defer to our board attorneys here but the only times I've seen no defense attorney listed on a hearing before a Federal Magistrate (this is some brief work with JAG) is for black box court appearances where they didn't bother appointing her one, or giving her time to marshal resources to get her own.  I'm guessing she called her old school Superintendent and asked if the district GC was available and they pissed themselves laughing.  

My point is this looks like a show trial, which means she's super fucked.  They're looking for a few people to be made particular examples of and she fit the bill for some reason.  

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I quoted actual polling data from this recent event that didn't even have a bloody scene and 70+% of Republicans were opposed to it and 90% of them said the people involved should face charges.

Your assertion that "most" of the right would blame ANTIFA is not based on anything but Brisket-esque doomthinking.

10 Republicans just voted to impeach Trump in the House, that's 2x more same-side impeachment votes than we've ever had. Republican power donors are fleeing. FOX describes the rioters as "a pro-Trump" "mob".

The Republican power establishment is already distancing itself from the violent populist Trumpers as much as they can after an essentially bloodless coup attempt. After a massive attack that killed babies? Neither "most of the right" or "the majority of Republicans" would blame ANTIFA. They would decry the extremist militia movement responsible and say, "NO REPUBLICAN WOULD EVER DO THIS!"

Trump himself in a recent hostage video decries the coup attempt.

If these people believed ANTIFA was responsible this wouldn't be happening.

What a ton of them believe now and what they will believe in 12 months are very different things. I've already told you how it will play out.

You can rip on Brisket all you want but you're forgetting that he was right. And I've been entirely consistent about the threat I think these people face for years now and I was right too.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'll defer to our board attorneys here but the only times I've seen no defense attorney listed on a hearing before a Federal Magistrate (this is some brief work with JAG) is for black box court appearances where they didn't bother appointing her one, or giving her time to marshal resources to get her own.  I'm guessing she called her old school Superintendent and asked if the district GC was available and they pissed themselves laughing.  

My point is this looks like a show trial, which means she's super fucked.  They're looking for a few people to be made particular examples of and she fit the bill for some reason.  

that's quite the conclusion to draw

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

LOL, so it appears he has no relationship with Aaron Mostofsky, who is in the foreground of the photo above.  Theories from riot apologists have suggested both were plants.  (I'm not suggesting Mostofsky is a plant, based on the little we know he appears to be a guy who lost his marbles.)  With Seefried being arrested in Deleware with his son, it sure doesn't seem like he is buddies with a 34 year old NY jewish dude.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/01/another-leftist-arrested-capital-protest-identified-democrat-34-year-old-son-new-york-judge/

Mostofsky is also an Orthodox Jew.  He may be a registered Democrat, but the Orthodox community in NYC has gone all in on Trump during COVID.  So he is nota fucking plant.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

that's quite the conclusion to draw

Well, I conclude that these are quite the times.  If you're a defense attorney, you don't just 'forget' to attach your name to a document before a Federal Magistrate.  It isn't Night Court.  I'm guessing she's half crazy so she's scrambling to find someone to loan her the money to cover an attorney not provided to her by the government that is trying to inject her with a Bill Gates 5G tracking chip (she's a batshit anti-vaxxer).  But she should have one from the moment she was processed and removed to federal court.  Anyway, I'll let the lawyers on here chime in.  But on the face of it, she isn't just fucked like the rest of 'em, she's super fucked.  Somebody wants to make an example out of her in a group that's already going to have the hammer dropped on them.  

Just now, Lobo said:

Well, I conclude that these are quite the times.  If you're a defense attorney, you don't just 'forget' to attach your name to a document before a Federal Magistrate.  It isn't Night Court.  I'm guessing she's half crazy so she's scrambling to find someone to loan her the money to cover an attorney not provided to her by the government that is trying to inject her with a Bill Gates 5G tracking chip (she's a batshit anti-vaxxer).  But she should have one from the moment she was processed and removed to federal court.  Anyway, I'll let the lawyers on here chime in.  But on the face of it, she isn't just fucked like the rest of 'em, she's super fucked.  Somebody wants to make an example out of her in a group that's already going to have the hammer dropped on them.  

But.....if it is......dibs...

41q0gdVGC4L._RI_.jpg

...on the right, I mean.  You feel free to have your way with Dan Fielding.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/terror-watchlist-capitol-riot-fbi/2021/01/14/07412814-55f7-11eb-a931-5b162d0d033d_story.html

Dozens of people on a terrorist watch list were in Washington for pro-Trump events Jan. 6, a day that ended in a chaotic crime rampage when a violent mob stormed the U.S. Capitol, according to people familiar with evidence gathered in the FBI’s investigation.

The majority of the watch-listed individuals in Washington that day are suspected white supremacists whose past conduct so alarmed investigators that their names had been previously entered into the national Terrorist Screening Database, or TSDB, a massive set of names flagged as potential security risks, these people said. The watch list is larger and separate from the “no-fly” list the government maintains to prevent terrorism suspects from boarding airplanes, and those listed are not automatically barred from any public or commercial spaces, current and former officials said.

The presence of so many watch-listed individuals in one place — without more robust security measures to protect the public — is another example of the intelligence failures preceding last week’s fatal assault that sent lawmakers running for their lives, some current and former law enforcement officials argued. The revelation follows a Washington Post report earlier this week detailing the FBI’s failure to act aggressively on an internal intelligence report of Internet discussions about plans to attack Congress, smash windows, break down doors and “get violent . . . go there ready for war.”

Other current and former officials said the presence of those individuals is an unsurprising consequence of having thousands of fervent Trump supporters gathered for what was billed as a final chance to voice opposition to Joe Biden’s certification as the next president. Still, the revelation underscores the limitations of such watch lists. Although they are meant to improve information gathering and sharing among investigative agencies, they are far from a foolproof means of detecting threats ahead of time.

Spoiler

Since its creation, the terrorist watch list, which is maintained by the FBI, has grown to include hundreds of thousands of names. Placing someone’s name on the watch list does not mean they will be watched all of the time, or even much of the time, for reasons of both practicality and fairness, but it can alert different parts of the government, such as border agents or state police, to look more closely at certain individuals they encounter.

It’s unclear whether any of the dozens of individuals already arrested for alleged crimes at the Capitol are on the terrorist watch list.

“The U.S. Government is committed to protecting the United States from terrorist threats and attacks and seeks to do this in a manner that protects the freedoms, privacy and civil rights and liberties of U.S. persons and other individuals with rights under U.S. law,” a U.S. official said, adding that because of security concerns, the government has a policy of neither confirming nor denying a person’s watch list status.

The FBI declined to comment.

The riot’s political aftershocks led the House of Representatives on Wednesday to impeach President Trump for allegedly inciting the violence — his second impeachment in a single four-year term — and may have significant consequences within law enforcement and national security agencies.

Inside the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, officials are grappling with thorny questions about race, terrorism and free-speech rights, as some investigators question whether more could have been done to prevent last week’s violence.

While some federal officials think the government should more aggressively investigate domestic terrorism and extremists, others are concerned the FBI, DHS and other agencies may overreact to the recent violence by going too far in surveilling First Amendment activity like online discussions.

Several law enforcement officials said they are shocked by the backgrounds of some individuals under investigation in connection with the Capitol riot, a pool of suspects that includes current and former law enforcement and military personnel as well as senior business executives and middle-aged business owners.

“I can’t believe some of the people I’m seeing,” one official said.

The TSDB, often referred to within government as simply “the watch list,” is overseen by the FBI’s Terrorist Screening Center, which was created in the wake of the 9/11 attacks carried out by al-Qaeda. The watch list can be used as both an investigative and early warning tool, but its primary purpose is to help various government agencies keep abreast of what individuals seen as potential risks are doing and where they travel, according to people familiar with the work who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity because the work is sensitive.

Often that can be done as a “silent hit,” meaning if someone on the watch list is stopped for speeding, that information is typically entered into the database without the individual or even the officer who wrote the ticket ever knowing, one person said.

After the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, for instance, the FBI quickly searched a similar database to see which people on it had recently traveled to that city or raised other suspicions about possible involvement.

Before the Jan. 6 gathering of pro-Trump protesters, FBI agents visited a number of suspected extremists and advised them against traveling to the nation’s capital. Many complied, but according to people familiar with the sprawling investigation, dozens of others, whose names appear in the terrorist watch list, apparently attended, based on information reviewed by the FBI.

Separately, while the FBI is hunting hundreds of rioting suspects who have dispersed back to their hometowns, federal agents are increasingly focused on alleged leaders, members, and supporters of the Proud Boys, a male-chauvinist group with ties to white nationalism, these people said.

The Proud Boys participated in last week’s protests, and FBI agents are taking a close look at what roles, if any, their adherents may have had in organizing, directing or carrying out violence, according to people familiar with the matter.

The group’s chairman, Enrique Tarrio, had planned to attend Trump’s Jan. 6 rally but was arrested when he arrived in D.C. and charged with misdemeanor destruction of property in connection with the burning of a Black Lives Matter banner taken from a Black church during an earlier protest in Washington. He is also accused of felony possession of two extended gun magazines.

Tarrio told The Post on Wednesday that his group did not organize the Capitol siege.

“If they think we were organizing going into the Capitol, they’re going to be sadly mistaken,” he said. “Our plan was to stay together as a group and just enjoy the day. We weren’t going to do a night march, anything like that. That’s it as far as our day.”

Tarrio said he’s actively discouraging members from attending planned armed marches scheduled Sunday, and the Million Militia March next week when Biden is inaugurated. Proud Boys, he said, are on a “rally freeze and will not be organizing any events for the next month or so.”

It is unclear how many Proud Boys devotees will abide by the freeze, or if such a shutdown might lessen the FBI’s interest in the group. Even before the Jan. 6 riot, federal and local investigators were working to understand the group’s plans, goals and activities. Privately, some federal law enforcement officials have described the group as roughly equivalent to a nascent street gang that has garnered an unusual degree of national attention, in part because Trump mentioned them specifically during one his televised debates with Biden during the campaign. Other officials have expressed concern that the group may be growing rapidly into something more dangerous and directed.

The FBI has already arrested dozens of accused rioters, and officials have pledged that in cases of the most egregious conduct, they will seek to file tough, rarely used charges like seditious conspiracy, which carries a potential 20-year prison sentence.

The bureau continues to face blowback over its handling of a Jan. 5 internal report warning of discussions of violence at Congress the next day. Steven M. D’Antuono, the head of the FBI’s Washington Field Office, claimed in the days after the riot that the bureau did not have intelligence ahead of time indicating the rally would be anything other than a peaceful demonstration.

The Jan. 5 FBI report, written by the bureau’s office in Norfolk, and reviewed by The Post, shows that was not the case, and the Justice Department took other steps indicating officials were at least somewhat concerned about possible violence the next day. The Bureau of Prisons sent 100 officers to D.C. to supplement security at the Justice Department building, an unusual move similar to what the department did in June to respond to civil unrest stemming from racial justice protests.

Mindful of the criticism that law enforcement took a heavy-handed, all-hands-on-deck approach to Black Lives Matters protests in D.C. in the spring and summer, Justice Department officials deferred to the Capitol Police to defend their building and lawmakers there. Some former officials have questioned whether the FBI and Justice Department should have done more.

“It would not have been enough for the bureau simply to share information, if it did so, with state and local law enforcement or federal partner agencies,” said David Laufman, a former Justice Department national security official. “It was the bureau’s responsibility to quarterback a coordinated federal response as the crisis was unfolding and in the days thereafter. And it’s presently not clear to what extent the FBI asserted itself in that fashion during the exigencies of January 6 and in the immediate aftermath.”

A man who carried the Confederate battle flag into the U.S. Capitol as part of an invasion by a mob of supporters of President Donald Trump surrendered with his son Thursday after arrest warrants were issued for their roles in the riot, the FBI said.

Kevin Seefried, who was carrying the flag that he later told authorities had been displayed outside his Delaware home, and his son Hunter Seefried are expected to be arraigned later Thursday in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C.

According to a charging document, Kevin Seefried told the FBI on Tuesday during a voluntary interview that he and his son had been part of the group that breached the Capitol’s entrances on Jan. 6, and that they had been in Washington that day to hear Trump speak at a rally on the Ellipse.

WATCH NOW
VIDEO02:12
Capitol Hill security tightens ahead of Biden’s inauguration and last week’s riots
Seefried said his son had helped clear out broken glass in a window in the Capitol, after which they and others rioters entered the building.

Both men turned themselves in to authorities Thursday morning in Wilmington, Delaware, a spokeswoman in the Baltimore FBI field office said.

The men are residents of that state, with public records showing that they live in the town of Laurel.

A dramatic photo captured 50-year-old Kevin Seefried with the flag outside the Senate chamber, in front of a portrait of the late abolitionist senator from Massachusetts Charles Sumner.

Video footage cited in the charging document shows Kevin and Hunter Seefried entering the Senate building through a broken window.

“While in the building, both defendants were part of a large group of individuals who verbally confronted several U.S. Capitol police officers for approximately 15 minutes,” the document says.

The two men were identified after a co-worker of Hunter Seefried contacted the FBI to say Hunter “had bragged about being in the Capitol with his father” during the riot, the document says.

On Tuesday, both men spoke to the FBI in separate voluntary interviews, according to the document.

In addition to each of them confirming they had been in the Capitol, “Kevin Seefried also explained that he brought the Confederate Battle flag seen” in a photo “to the District of Columbia from his home in Delaware where it is usually displayed outside,” the document says.

“Kevin Seefried told law enforcement that he had traveled with his family from Delaware to the District of Columbia to hear President Trump speak and that he and Hunter Seefried participated in the march from the White House to the Capitol led by an individual with a bull horn,” according to the document.

The document also says that video footage on Twitter shows Hunter Seefried punching out glass in a window at the Capitol after it was smashed by others with a wooden two-by-four.

Can you admins/mods make a safe space on here where our resident Qanon believers can post under a different handle?  I'm dying to know what they think is going on right now but I know they won't post here like people on texags can.  Just a glimpse into their minds would be fascinating.  

20 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Mostofsky is also an Orthodox Jew.  He may be a registered Democrat, but the Orthodox community in NYC has gone all in on Trump during COVID.  So he is nota fucking plant.

Huh, I didn't realize that the Orthodox team had filed paperwork with the League office to change their color scheme and uniform.  You learn something new around here every day.