Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

This thread?  Radical Republican mockery thread?  Or Radical Republican violence thread?

Isn’t the FBI looking for him or did they drop that? 

If he wants a MAGA city, I nominate Arkansas. Whole state and we can fundraise for the wall. It’ll be great as long as  the Huckabees don’t get hungry. 

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Isn’t the FBI looking for him or did they drop that? 

If he wants a MAGA city, I nominate Arkansas. Whole state and we can fundraise for the wall. It’ll be great as long as  the Huckabees don’t get hungry. 

Fuck that. Arkansas is beautiful country. Deport the Magatards from there to Florida. 

• Hook 'Em 4

We got a local:

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2021/02/12/fbi-accuses-joseph-cable-barnes-austin-being-capitol-riot/6733558002/

Austin man accused of participating in U.S. Capitol riot, feds say

Hojun Choi
Austin American-Statesman

AD
0:25
SKIP

Federal authorities say they believe the man in this screen capture from video showing some of the rioters inside the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 is a real estate agent in the Austin-area.

A man who authorities believe is a real estate agent in Austin is accused of federal crimes related to the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riots in Washington D.C., according to court documents filed Monday. 

According to the complaint, filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, the FBI said a man named Joseph Cable Barnes was seen in camera footage shared by a London-based news outlet called ITV News while he was participating in the Jan. 6 Capitol riots.

The incident left five people dead, including U.S. Capitol police Officer Brian Sicknick, and more than a hundred officers injured.

At least three witnesses have identified Barnes as the man in the footage, according to the criminal complaint. In the video, authorities said Barnes can be heard saying, “This is our house. This is our country. This is our country.”

One of the witnesses said they had gone to school with Barnes at Anderson High School in Northwest Austin. Another said they had visited him multiple times in his Austin residence. 

Barnes is listed as a vice president of the Austin branch of a real estate company called Jones Lang LaSalle, or JLL, on the firm's website, and is described as an Austin-area real estate agent in the indictment. A Google search showed that the company, which has an international presence, has an office location on Fifth Street in downtown Austin. 

The American-Statesman tried reaching out to Barnes late Thursday through a phone number listed on the JLL website, but did not immediately receive a response. 

According to a database on the Texas Real Estate Commission website, Barnes has an active license in the state, which is scheduled to expire at the end of April.

Barnes is also believed to have an art business, court documents stated, pointing to a website by the name of joebarnesart.com. A Facebook post on a page associated with the same website showed a September post showing a "Come and Take It" flag, accompanied by a quote attributed to Thomas Jefferson.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical," the quote on the post read. 

Federal authorities said the Austin man accused of participating in the Jan. 6 Capitol riots has an art business. The business, Joe Barnes Art, posted the above photo and quote on its Facebook page in September 2020.

Authorities said they also found on the Facebook page a 2017 photo of Barnes holding a assault-style rifle in front of what appeared to be one of his paintings. 

Barnes is facing multiple charges related to his actions during the riot, including obstruction of Congress, unlawfully entering restricted building or grounds, and violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, according to court document

More than a dozen Texans have been accused of taking part in the Jan. 6 riot, which spurred the second impeachment of Donald Trump. 

They fucked up a boat parade on a small lake.  You think they could caravan their way back to the United States from South America?

Their boat launch looked like it was run by Aggies.  

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

They fucked up a boat parade on a small lake.  You think they could caravan their way back to the United States from South America?

Their boat launch looked like it was run by Aggies.  

They were going to give it a try for what it's worth:

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
I suppose that the Trump appointees at the DoD would've overseen the launch?

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I assume the Capitol police were told that day to do anything possible to deescalate the situation. Obviously that should always be the main goal. But I wonder if they are told when a certain line is crossed, they need to inflict physical damage to end a riot. Personally I feel the rioters inside the Capitol building were there to kill Congress members and Pence. Maybe not 100% of the rioters in the building had that intent but at the point it didn't matter. I think they're all lucky the Capitol police didn't open fire on them to protect lives. I wouldn't have faulted the capitol police for that action.

While I don't discount that there were fifth columnists inside the Capitol Police force, it seems that their marching orders -- once the building was breached -- made tactical sense.

They were vastly outnumbered.  By a large force that was likely armed in part, perhaps more heavily armed than the police themselves (they said they were going to be heavily armed, so it makes sense to see that as a real threat).  Once that force is inside the building, your tactical goals become different -- it seems that the Capitol Police fell back to their final, core mission: protect the lives of Congresspeople.  If a threat of violence got close enough to a Congressperson, they would use deadly force, but ONLY if things got to that point.  And it happened, with Babbit.  It didn't happen elsewhere.  Because everything else they were doing was to perform that mission: keep the members safe.  De-escalation does that -- a cop being in the room as people are damaging and looting the chamber looks bad, but when his role is to act as a check on the worst behavior -- deadly violence -- his actions make perfect sense.

Our federal protection force had to fall back to their last mission, which could not be compromised: protect the lives of the members.  Nothing else mattered.

That's how bad it was.

That's how close we were.

And the GQP wants to skip right past it.  Because they actually do not believe in the rule of law or the peaceful transfer of power anymore.  They are an extremist terrorist organization that is simply waiting until the next opportunity to overthrow the lawfully elected government of the United States.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

what's his surly id ????

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/jospeh-barnes-us-capitol-riots/269-0c85fbae-03cf-402e-9c1d-bf9946b8b84a

Federal authorities identified Austin real estate executive Joseph Cable Barnes in camera footage captured by London-based ITV News, according to KVUE’s media partners at the Austin American-Statesman.

According to a complaint filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, at least three witnesses helped identify Barnes. One of the witnesses told the FBI they went to school with Barnes at Anderson High School in northwest Austin, the Statesman reported. Another reportedly told authorities they had visited Barnes multiple times at his home.

3 hours ago, staboner said:

and he's a realtor. surmised or prized or some shit

giphy.gif

One thing I've learned through all of this is that I need to add Governance/Political Philosophy to my checklist when choosing a realtor.  Never knew it was a profession full of seditious anarchists. Realtor message boards must have posts like "How to Stage a Cape Cod for a Fall Showing" and "Biden Drinks the Blood of Blind Vietnamese Children".

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Pos rep for the laugh. 

"Hi, I'm Karen with Re/Max.  Whether you're staging a townhome or staging a coup d'etat...remember that simpler is better and avoid the blacks in both cases." 

Edited by Lobo

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Pos rep for the laugh. 

"Hi, I'm Karen with Re/Max.  Whether you're staging a townhome or staging a coup d'etat...remember that simpler is better and avoid the blacks in both cases." 

They've done studies, haven't they (sorry I'm lazy today) using people of various races to determine such things as loans, housing, etc to show the effects of prejudice. Seems like the situation would be ripe for doing likewise and really messing with people. Having someone with full GOP gear from various demographics, and the opposite gear and see what happens.

You would think that $$ would overcome bias, but I'm not so sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

One thing I've learned through all of this is that I need to add Governance/Political Philosophy to my checklist when choosing a realtor.  Never knew it was a profession full of seditious anarchists. Realtor message boards must have posts like "How to Stage a Cape Cod for a Fall Showing" and "Biden Drinks the Blood of Blind Vietnamese Children".

The realtor I have used on a few occasions (older lady, family friend) has revealed herself to be quite the Trumpkin over the last few years.  I will be using someone else the next time out.

On 2/11/2021 at 8:45 PM, NorthLoop said:

Fuck that. Arkansas is beautiful country. Deport the Magatards from there to Florida. 

It has always bothered me that such a large number of ignorant dipshits get to live in a state that is quite beautiful. Hopefully Biden does something to change all that. Maybe forced deportations and a land grab like they had in Oklahoma?

11 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I don't want em all caught at once. I want them criss-crossing the country, holing up at various "secret" hangouts, sending "hidden" texts to sympathetic people, doing stupid stuff just like breathing.

I don't see the DOJ stopping the investigation, and you have to figure that a high percent of the people caught will turn on their own when discussing pleas.

If I were the DOJ, I would be communicating that it's better for people to turn themselves in, as opposed to waiting on the FBI to find them. That warning would seem that it would bring in a few of them without much effort.

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

Can't say I've spent much time in Arkansas. I did drive across Arkansas on I-45 once in the late 90's and counted 20+ abandoned cars on the side of the highway.

I-45 runs from Dallas to Houston.

I-40, maybe?

Can't say I've spent much time in Arkansas. I did drive across Arkansas on I-45 once in the late 90's and counted 20+ abandoned cars on the side of the highway.

Louisiana and SE Texas tend to have more burned out cars on on the side of the road, IME.

"You know what I got for Christmas?  It was a banner fucking year at the old Reffitt family. I got threatened with treason.  The old man grabbed me and said, 'Hey, turn me in and I'll shoot you, Johnny'!"   

I don't want em all caught at once. I want them criss-crossing the country, holing up at various "secret" hangouts, sending "hidden" texts to sympathetic people, doing stupid stuff just like breathing.

A tear rolls off TTom’s cheek as he thinks of the good times threatening the Surly board - back before the Storm was slightly delayed. He crosses his arms against his damp coat, hugging himself to ward off the bitter wind whipping past the railroad overpass. He wonders if it’s true - would the hobo really have given him an extra dollar for the bj if he’d taken his MAGA hat off first? “No”, he tells himself, “beta-cuck libtards all lie!!”

He rearranges the cardboard sheets, and groggily approaches sleep, his mind repetitively changing the name “Dominion” into various numerics - trying to find a way to make them equal 45. Tomorrow’s another day. He has four new dollars, many miles to travel, and the FBI are always watching.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1