Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

A man that helped attempt to overthrow the government and feels like he’s done nothing wrong...needs to be killed by the government.  Definitely not given 5 years probation for criminal trespass. 

imagine if guy fawkes was let go by the crown because the plot didn’t work so no harm done. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 5

56 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Interesting how many of these arrests are publicized a week or two after they occur. Is the FBI just being quiet about the arrests and the press picks up on them a few weeks later?

On Friday, a federal judge ordered Harris detained until trial because he is considered a potential flight risk and danger to the community, court records show. His case is being transferred to Washington, D.C., though those court records remained sealed as of Monday.

Federal prosecutors have charged Harris with five counts related to the insurrection, including assaulting, resisting or impeding officers; obstruction of an official proceeding; and entering and remaining in a restricted building.

--------

We get the info when records are released. FBI ain't saying shit unless they're ready.

• Hook 'Em 1

I swear I am not picking on DFW with this post...This idiot, a neckbeard named Garrett Miller, just happens to be from Richardson, though. 
43bfc6b0-90ee-11eb-befd-8d0f12d5b26d_800_420.png
1. Posted selfie inside Capitol. Friend responds "Bro you got in?! Nice!" Miller responds "Just wanted to incriminate myself a little lol." ("And you did!" AOC later tweeted back at him.)
2. AOC tweeted "Impeach." Miller replied "Assassinate AOC."
3. Four days after the riot, Miller went on Instagram to opine that the cop who killed that woman should be executed on TV. He said the cop was Black and called him "a prize to be taken." “He will swing," he allegedly wrote. "I had a rope in my bag on that day.”
4. When arrested on Jan 20, he was wearing a t-shirt with Trump's mug on the front. On the back, it read “Take America Back” and “I Was There, Washington D.C., January 6, 2021.”
5. And of course he whined to his mommy once he got busted. “I don’t feel that I’ve done anything wrong and now I’m being locked up." 
He has been indicted on 12 counts, including civil disorder, obstruction of an official proceeding, and assaulting, resisting or impeding officers.

Is that a first? Dude wears his confession on a t-shirt.

When I was a Bailiff in the early 80s I saw a guy awaiting trial on a marijuana charge wearing a t-shirt with “Get High” imprinted on a green mj leaf background. Shockingly, he pled guilty.
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

QFW6OEQ4OR3NAWY77USAME7AOM.jpg

More than a handful of DWI arrestees get busted in shirts like that...

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

When I was a Bailiff in the early 80s I saw a guy awaiting trial on a marijuana charge wearing a t-shirt with “Get High” imprinted on a green mj leaf background. Shockingly, he pled guilty.

I saw a dude go into court with a neck tat that said "Only God can judge me." The judge disagreed. 

Zip-tie guy released from jail, pending trial, by appellate court.

WAPO:

Spoiler

A man photographed inside the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot with a handful of plastic handcuffs and the mother with whom he traveled to Washington will be released from jail to home confinement ahead of their trial after weeks of debate over how dangerous they might be.

Eric Munchel, 30, and his mother, Lisa Marie Eisenhart, 57, both accused of trespassing at the Capitol and obstructing the congressional confirmation of President Biden’s victory, can await trial on home confinement in Tennessee, prosecutors said Monday.

Their decision came after a federal appeals court on Friday sided with the two accused rioters’ request for release from jail, drawing a distinction between violent and nonviolent rioters. Prosecutors are struggling with the issue in dozens of cases stemming from the Capitol attack.

A U.S. District Court judge had previously agreed with prosecutors that Munchel and Eisenhart are radicals who are too dangerous to release. But defense attorneys have argued that while they may have expressed violent fantasies, neither acted in a violent way on Jan. 6.

The appeals court panel said U.S. District Judge Royce C. Lamberth erred in deeming the pair a threat.

“In our view, those who actually assaulted police officers and broke through windows, doors, and barricades, and those who aided, conspired with, planned, or coordinated such actions, are in a different category of dangerousness than those who cheered on the violence or entered the Capitol after others cleared the way,” wrote Judge Robert L. Wilkins of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

Wilkins was writing in response to Lamberth, who wrote in ordering the mother and son detained that “few offenses are more threatening to our way of life” than supporting “the violent overthrow of our government.”

Wilkins said that threat had to be considered in the current context as compared with Jan. 6, when a huge crowd and the congressional count presented “a unique opportunity to obstruct democracy.”

Without those elements, he said, “Munchel and Eisenhart — two individuals who did not engage in any violence and who were not involved in planning or coordinating the activities — seemingly would have posed little threat.”

He noted that no large pro-Trump mobshave gathered in Washington since then; a planned rally for March 4 fizzled.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Fat fingers

One of the most prominent members of the Proud Boys charged over the January 6 Capitol riot is asking people for money online as he is having a "very difficult time making ends meet" while under house arrest.

Ethan Nordean, also known as Rufio Panman, is accused by the FBI of being the de-facto leader of the far-right group on January 6. Proud Boys chairman Enrique Tarrio was arrested two days prior and subsequently barred from Washington D.C.

Nordean, the self-described "Sergeant of Arms" for the Seattle Chapter of the Proud Boys, is accused of leading a mob of about 100 Proud Boys members and supporters through the streets of D.C., along with fellow leading member Joe Biggs, before attacking the Capitol.

Nordean was released from custody on March 3 pending his trial after a judge ruled he did not pose a danger to the community.

Chief Judge Beryl Howell in Washington also said there were not enough evidence to suggest Nordean led or instructed the crowd and merely "went along with this mob."

Nearly four weeks following his release from custody, Nordean has set up a donations page on the Our Freedom Funding website, describing himself as an "American patriot" who has been a "huge proponent of freedom" during his adult life.

"We pray that the truth comes out of the innocence of this man so he may be free again to start working and providing for his family," a description on the page adds.

"He has been completely slandered and deplatformed, constantly getting fired or his websites taken down. Now he is under house arrest and has had a very difficult time making ends meet."

The page has raised more than $4,500 since it was set up on March 29.

This is not the first time that extremists accused of taking part in the January 6 attack have raised money from supporters via online platforms.

As reported by USA Today, Biggs managed to raise more than $52,000 using Our Freedom Funding before it was removed.

New York Proud Boy Dominic Pezzola, who is also charged in connection to the Capitol attack, has an Our Freedom Funding page, and has so far raised nearly $1,000.

A number of Proud Boys members are also raising their legal fees on GiveSendGo, a Christian website that has been willing to support their fundraising attempts after being banned from other platforms such as GoFundMe.

dawsons creek dawson GIF

yes, I am starting to lose faith that many of these folks won't serve/die in federal prison.  However, does Jenna and her ilk know they're still going to be convicted of federal felonies and have commuted/suspended/time served sentences?  There's a lot you can't do in this country with a state felony on your record.  There's a whole world of shit you can't do with a federal felony on your record.  A real estate license is one, a gun license is another, and your illegal hairdo may also be called into question.

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

yes, I am starting to lose faith that many of these folks won't serve/die in federal prison.  However, does Jenna and her ilk know they're still going to be convicted of federal felonies and have commuted/suspended/time served sentences?  There's a lot you can't do in this country with a state felony on your record.  There's a whole world of shit you can't do with a federal felony on your record.  A real estate license is one, a gun license is another, and your illegal hairdo may also be called into question.

She’s so dumb she might take it to trial and get a few years.

Also her posts are not helping her. 

• Hook 'Em 2

In order to avoid jail time you will have to plead guilty with all sorts of onerous restrictions. Most people are only familiar with how state local county courts operate. The feds are a whole different ballgame. She’s not helping herself with her online bullshit.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lobo said:

Well Jenna is gonna have to be charged with a felony before being convicted of one.  Also, the collateral consequences of a felony conviction are largely the same whether federal or state. 

I keep trying to tell yall most of these shit bags are misdemeanor only. 

And, yes, while the federal system is almost infinitely more draconian than any state system, I don't think we can say with real confidence that that extends to misdemeanors, which are rarely charged in the federal system. 

Also given how many cases the government has charged, the defendants threat to seek a trial actually means something this time. 

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well Jenna is gonna have to be charged with a felony before being convicted of one.  Also, the collateral consequences of a felony conviction are largely the same whether federal or state. 

And, yes, while the federal system is almost infinitely more draconian than any state system, I don't think we can say with real confidence that that extends to misdemeanors, which are rarely charged in the federal system. 

Also given how many cases the government has charged, the defendants threat to seek a trial actually means something this time. 

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lot of felonies in this one

1 hour ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

lot of felonies in this one

Actually, just one.  18 USC 1512, which is obstruction of an official proceeding.

That is kind of the catch-all felony for most of these people that didn't have weapons or commit an assault, theft, or destruction of property of a certain value.

Nevertheless, quite a number of them have not been charged with that.  Not sure what the line of demarcation is on whether they are or will be charged with that.

I wonder what the odds are of a lot of trials if the first one goes to trial and gets the/near maximum sentence.  I would love to see that happen and then the rest of them with the same charges plea to a 30-60 days in prison and 10 years probation.

I don't know shit about this, just pondering.

56 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I wonder what the odds are of a lot of trials if the first one goes to trial and gets the/near maximum sentence.  I would love to see that happen and then the rest of them with the same charges plea to a 30-60 days in prison and 10 years probation.

I don't know shit about this, just pondering.

That's a good question and I asked it awhile back of some lawyers.  I mean, you very rarely have hundreds of non-career criminals indicted for the same crimes at the same event.  I mean, riots and protests are the only other types of events we have triple-digit arrests but the crimes are far less serious than this, and are usually state-based.  Could you try to rig it so the very first one to get sentenced gets the absolute book thrown at them, 50 years in federal prison with no parole until year 30 kinda thing?  To scare the shit out of the others.  Half will realize its a ploy after they talk with their attorneys, but the other half that knows for damn sure they won't fare well in prison will start pleading down/giving up others.  

I dunno, but seriously---how often do you have 400 people charged with the same kinds of crimes stemming from the same event in the United States?  I feel like when Rafi meets Chad Ochocinco at the Draft and asks him, "Do you know Mike Ochocinco, you guys related?"  And everybody gets mad at him for asking, but Rafi brings up the good point, "What?  It's not often you meet two people with the same Spanish numerals as a last name."  

34 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I mean, riots and protests are the only other types of events we have triple-digit arrests but the crimes are far less serious than this, and are usually state-based. 

Not the only type of event. But the non-career criminal aspect doesn’t fit this example. OTOH, the 1/6 mob tried to overturn an election. Attempted disenfranchisement of 81M citizens. Misdemeanor offenders face up to a year in jail. Draw a line. Establish a precedent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2011/01/21/feds-bust-127-in-biggest-mob-sweep-in-us-history-video/amp/

Edited by Willfully Horn
Grammar
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

These are not your typical federal misdemeanors, which I think should be obvious given the context of what took place.

Anyone who risks a trial is going to prison unless they beat it. Good luck.

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have known a person that was really drunk on a plane get a year in federal prison (really after months in and the rest in a federal halfway house)  who was convicted of a misdemeanor because he didn't intimidate or threaten the fight crew...

I don't know  this was back in 2007 though

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, SKJ said:

I have known a person that was really drunk on a plane get a year in federal prison (really after months in and the rest in a federal halfway house)  who was convicted of a misdemeanor because he didn't intimidate or threaten the fight crew...

I don't know  this was back in 2007 though

Who knows.  We have lots of data on the various "popular" federal felonies and how the guidelines apply, but not a lot on most misdemeanors.

There's this.

In virtually all the non-felony cases, the charges are likely to be grouped together as trespassing under federal sentencing guidelines.  While those guidelines contain a small enhancement for entering a “restricted” building or grounds, defendants with no significant criminal history are looking at the lowest possible range: zero to six months. “Zero” months means no jail at all....

https://sentencing.typepad.com/sentencing_law_and_policy/2021/03/many-capitol-rioters-unlikely-to-serve-jail-time-because-some-facing-only-misdemeanor-convictions.html

As usual, I am conflicted between what I consider an overly draconian federal sentencing scheme and policy and kind of wanting these people to get fucked.  Really, though, the first part wins out.

I'm the same way about bail/detention decisions.  Pre-trial detention really is only appropriate for flight risks and imminently dangerous people who have committed violent crimes, it's not really for MAGA tourists, as much fun as that is.

Wow, Jenna...the signature starts at the top of your vagina and ends at your wasteland fallopian tube.  That's not creepy at all for the Donald to do that, is it---you barron cunt?  

56 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Who knows.  We have lots of data on the various "popular" federal felonies and how the guidelines apply, but not a lot on most misdemeanors.

There's this.

https://sentencing.typepad.com/sentencing_law_and_policy/2021/03/many-capitol-rioters-unlikely-to-serve-jail-time-because-some-facing-only-misdemeanor-convictions.html

As usual, I am conflicted between what I consider an overly draconian federal sentencing scheme and policy and kind of wanting these people to get fucked.  Really, though, the first part wins out.

I'm the same way about bail/detention decisions.  Pre-trial detention really is only appropriate for flight risks and imminently dangerous people who have committed violent crimes, it's not really for MAGA tourists, as much fun as that is.

Yeah,  I know.... I'm just saying.  Back then it was still patriot act shit I think with the interfering with a fight crew so it was probably overly used (in this case, I'm pretty positive it was overused) but those kinds of prosecution decisions generally are made from public sentiment,  so I would guess that these people will be getting halfway house time in the very least...

But I'm not a lawyer so I naively speak up about this shit

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Jenna, Jenna, Jenna. You need to sit at home and read some more. Not just flip some pages while waiting for your roots to be covered, but sit and think some deep thoughts while these words rattle around in your noggin and the long inactive little gray cells fire up and get some exercise.

Here is a good article to start you off:

https://www.businessinsider.com/what-duck-face-reveals-about-your-personality-2016-7?op=1

Meanwhile, the researchers noted whether the person pictured was doing things like making a duck face or looking at the camera.

Results showed that those who made a duck face were more likely to be neurotic, which means they tend to be anxious and moody.

--------

So, to summarize: Online daters think duck face is hot; college students think duck face means you're a slacker; and scientists think duck face means you're emotionally unstable.

• Like 1