Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

Just now, Lobo

Serious question---I had heard as a kid and thought it an old wive's tale...that people that jump to their death from tall heights usually died from a heart-attack or brain clot on the way down well before they hit the actual ground.  I mean, I don't know how the fuck you determine the cause of death in a 15 second free-fall.  But is that true? I'm trying to think of other suicide techniques where you actually die from some sort of "more natural cause" rather than the purposeful act itself.  

No, that is not true.

Rioters really isn’t the right word. They were terrorists. We should call them that and punish them accordingly. They were anti-American traitors to democracy. It wasn’t a riot. It was an attempted coup d’etat directed by an American President who lost an election. The first President who never served in the military or held a public office of any kind before. A malignant narcissist and sociopath who was the most unqualified and unfit wretch ever to hold the office. Trump’s goons weren’t there to commit vandalism. That’s what rioters do. No, they were there to overthrow American constitutional democracy and if they had succeeded, and managed to assassinate Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi and whomever else in the process, Trump would still be President and would be for life. And then one of his idiot kids would take over.
Jail is too good for them. They should hang. 

I’ve said that since the beginning. Hangings in the square.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bookman said:

We're getting a lot of white trash off the streets.

Come to my neighborhood and get the imf who has the big trump 2024 flag flying.  I was dumb enough to think he had come to his senses when the campaign signs went down a couple of weeks ago.  

31 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Come to my neighborhood and get the imf who has the big trump 2024 flag flying.  I was dumb enough to think he had come to his senses when the campaign signs went down a couple of weeks ago.  

You need to put up one of those Trump Lost LOL flags.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

Serious question---I had heard as a kid and thought it an old wive's tale...that people that jump to their death from tall heights usually died from a heart-attack or brain clot on the way down well before they hit the actual ground.  I mean, I don't know how the fuck you determine the cause of death in a 15 second free-fall.  But is that true?  

3 hours ago, trauma babe said:

No, that is not true.

After 15 seconds of freefall, the average size human would be travelling approximately 120 m.p.h.

Considering the extreme trauma on every organ of the body, how could one possibly know if a heart attack or stroke occurred before impact?

Edited by Cacti

23 minutes ago, Cacti said:

After 15 seconds of freefall, the average size human would be travelling approximately 120 m.p.h.

Considering the extreme trauma on every organ of the body, how could one possibly know if a heart attack or stroke occurred before impact?

The autopsy, duh!  

Dude, it was something I heard when I was a kid.  Never thought of it again until all this "well, the Covid-19 patient really died from diabetes...the Covid-19 just came in at the very end" or "George Floyd was really dying of an overdose/enlarged heart at the exact same moment as a grown man happened to be protesting the National Anthem on his neck."  We're just suddenly attaching, for political reasons mainly, these mitigating factors to really, really fucking obvious causes of death.  

The Covid-19 fatality shouldn't be counted because the person was used to taking in oxygen, and was therefore addicted to oxygen and that was the leading cause of death.  Not directed at you, just what's been pervasive this year with pandemic and obvious murders.  

But I had an uncle who nearly dropped dead from receiving some shocking news one time.  He barely recovered and died shortly thereafter from yet another heart attack.  If a person can be shocked to death just from hearing something verbally explained to them...I'm sure halfway down Nakatomi Plaza they can be shocked into a fatal heart attack but yeah---probably doesn't kill them until the exact moment they meet the pavement.  I Dunno, long day for America.

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Rioters really isn’t the right word. They were terrorists. We should call them that and punish them accordingly. They were anti-American traitors to democracy. It wasn’t a riot. It was an attempted coup d’etat directed by an American President who lost an election. The first President who never served in the military or held a public office of any kind before. A malignant narcissist and sociopath who was the most unqualified and unfit wretch ever to hold the office. Trump’s goons weren’t there to commit vandalism. That’s what rioters do. No, they were there to overthrow American constitutional democracy and if they had succeeded, and managed to assassinate Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi and whomever else in the process, Trump would still be President and would be for life. And then one of his idiot kids would take over.

The word of WhatTheBuck. Amen.

4 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Yeah, I called them terrorists back on 1/6 while the insurrection was taking place. Some of my Trump-supporting family and friends responded to my texts at the time with “Both sides!” and compared it to vandalism during the mostly peaceful demonstrations around the U.S. and the world after we all watched George Floyd get murdered by Derek Chauvin. The police can’t be expected to police themselves but civilian protesters are supposed to police themselves over “a few bad apples?” It’s not the same thing at all. I’d happily lay down my life to defend American democracy. I wouldn’t cross the street to defend a Target store. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

The autopsy, duh!  

Dude, it was something I heard when I was a kid.  Never thought of it again until all this "well, the Covid-19 patient really died from diabetes...the Covid-19 just came in at the very end" or "George Floyd was really dying of an overdose/enlarged heart at the exact same moment as a grown man happened to be protesting the National Anthem on his neck."  We're just suddenly attaching, for political reasons mainly, these mitigating factors to really, really fucking obvious causes of death.  

The Covid-19 fatality shouldn't be counted because the person was used to taking in oxygen, and was therefore addicted to oxygen and that was the leading cause of death.  Not directed at you, just what's been pervasive this year with pandemic and obvious murders.  

But I had an uncle who nearly dropped dead from receiving some shocking news one time.  He barely recovered and died shortly thereafter from yet another heart attack.  If a person can be shocked to death just from hearing something verbally explained to them...I'm sure halfway down Nakatomi Plaza they can be shocked into a fatal heart attack but yeah---probably doesn't kill them until the exact moment they meet the pavement.  I Dunno, long day for America.

I would think that, if true, it would also happen to jet fighter pilots or folks riding some of the free fall amusement park stuff.

12 hours ago, Cacti said:

What building are you going to free fall 15 seconds off of?

Edited by Fastbreak
  • Haha 1

There's a platinum experience at the Burj Khalifa.  You get to jump from the top of the spire (850m) and it takes roughly 13-14 seconds to impact.  

As I said, it was some shit I heard as a kid.  Something about how if you're skydiving or whatever, your brain knows it's okay, but if you're consciously killing yourself---your brain might stroke out beforehand to save you the pain of splattering.  I was just looking for a roundabout way to come to this comparison of the insanity of Trumpers claiming the Capitol Police officer just having two strokes the same day he was pummeled by rioters.  Or Floyd just so happened to overdose while the cop had his knee on his neck.  

On an unrelated note, if you want to have fun with old Catholic people.  Ask them if they've ever had one of those dreams where you're falling or drowning and you twitch yourself awake at the last second right before you die in your dream.  We've all had those, right?  The reason we always wake up is because our brain doesn't know what to dream after we were to die in that dream.  Maybe it was left behind as a blueprint by Mother Nature to subtly remind us that there isn't anything after we die.  I dunno, I was up late with GRhorn and Strugglebus waiting for the riots to burn the country to the ground.  Turns out, it's just a Wednesday.  

16 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

14 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

On January 6th, I was practically yelling at the TV on why law enforcement was not firing on the terrorists. And the cops just let the terrorists walk quietly off the grounds of the capital???

I know it's easy for me to say that 1000s should have been arrested that day, but they should have. Holding everyone for a day or two would have prevented this on-going identification game.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

On January 6th, I was practically yelling at the TV on why law enforcement was not firing on the terrorists. And the cops just let the terrorists walk quietly off the grounds of the capital???

I know it's easy for me to say that 1000s should have been arrested that day, but they should have. Holding everyone for a day or two would have prevented this on-going identification game.

Man, I don't know. Knowing they had weapons cached as well as some who were carrying? Given the delay and issues with who was on what side, I'm uneasy. I agree with your sentiment and certainly when Babbitt was shot, most ran off in fear, but knowing there were others with the military background, I just don't know. The CP didn't seemed to have ever trained specifically for something like this? So once people are in the building and there is shooting, seems like even more chaos and death of officers.

As far as letting them walk away? Yes, by that time reinforcements were there and given the kettling we saw at other protests, every one should've been processed that crossed the barricades.

9 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

I am still wondering why I have not seen trump charged with inciting a riot every time he starts bitching about the election.

Why were the men and women in Congress allowed to scrub their social media and deny their many speeches and exhortations of their involvement with what they knew to be a lie with no repercussions?

Why do media allow them to appear to plausibly deny and reinforce the lie?

I'm not in the streets demanding accountability and neither are the 80 million plus but we probably should be.

45 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

When a Daddy McMansion and a Mommy McMansion love each other, they make a cute little Tiny House, which runs off to Austin because it doesn't want to be all trendy like they are.

Where it meets some beanie wearing, patchouli smelling longhaired bungalow with no real job that plays bass in a fastball cover band and swears they’re about to get a record deal. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

51 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

When a Daddy McMansion and a Mommy McMansion love each other, they make a cute little Tiny House, which runs off to Austin because it doesn't want to be all trendy like they are.

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Where it meets some beanie wearing, patchouli smelling longhaired bungalow with no real job that plays bass in a fastball cover band and swears they’re about to get a record deal. 

And they begat a sex tent which criss-crossed America riding gratis in a mobile home topless recreation vehicle. Freedom!

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
adjustment for accuracy
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

I was saying they should be shooting people who try and come inside the Capitol. Set foot inside and you get shot. Period.
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
18 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was saying they should be shooting people who try and come inside the Capitol. Set foot inside and you get shot. Period.

I was saying the same exact thing, and I still believe it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 4/20/2021 at 6:15 PM, Lobo said:

The autopsy, duh!  

Dude, it was something I heard when I was a kid. 

There is an interesting documentary on survivors who attempted suicide by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. Everyone of them immediately regretted jumping soon after their feet left the bridge. But to your point, they didn't have heart attacks or strokes on the way down. 

4 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

There is an interesting documentary on survivors who attempted suicide by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. Everyone of them immediately regretted jumping soon after their feet left the bridge. But to your point, they didn't have heart attacks or strokes on the way down. 

You know, you never hear stories about Amish preachers having heart attacks the first time they see a woman's ankles, either.

4 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Well, son, a funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret something you have done, than to regret something you haven't done. And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend, would you be sure and tell her . . . SATAN, SATAN, SATAN!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

My favorite line from a New Yorker article about Golden Gate jumpers:

“I still see my hands coming off the railing,” he said. As he crossed the chord in flight, Baldwin recalls, “I instantly realized that everything in my life that I’d thought was unfixable was totally fixable—except for having just jumped.”

I don't think you need a subscription.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2003/10/13/jumpers

29 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Why do they keep arresting all these Trump supporters?  I thought it was Antifa that perpetrated the acts of Jan 6?  

"And if Trump was still in the Oval Office (instead of the secret underwater lair where he's really running things!), all them Antifas would be in J-A-L-E jail."

• Hook 'Em 2