Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

20 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

KOKE hosted Graham Parson and Emmylou back when it was UT’s RTF station. If hot were sound, they qualified. That show made my wife and I consider cheating songs as the theme for the music at our wedding.

Parson's album Grievous Angel is very good and has a lot of Harris in it. 

Just some great music.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Amish talk not a-going away, nooo.

Never knew much about my Dad's family background, but a cousin who does genealogy caught me up on some of it. There amongst all the Scottish royalty farming in the hills of 1820s Mississippi was a name that looked more German. I looked it up, and 1. It's probably Swiss, and 2. it's super-common among the Amish.

So for about 12 seconds I thought I was part Amish, then I realized it was the 1820s, so EVERYBODY was Amish. How could you even tell.

Was it Hochstetler? Yoder? Swartzentruber? Chupp? Burkholder? Stutzman?

14 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

We Crypto-Amish didn't make it this long by spilling the beans to the first English vhat asked.

I’ll have you know that my paternal grandfather was born to an Amish family, so was one of my uncles, and the rest of my grandparents were born to Mennonites, the faith in which I was raised. We’re Swiss on my dad’s side and German on my mom’s side. My Anabaptist bona fides are beyond reproach. 

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’ll have you know that my paternal grandfather was born to an Amish family, so was one of my uncles, and the rest of my grandparents were born to Mennonites, the faith in which I was raised. We’re Swiss on my dad’s side and German on my mom’s side. My Anabaptist bona fides are beyond reproach. 

Mennonites down south drive huge trucks to Taco Bell. Is that true of your tribe?

33 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Mennonites down south drive huge trucks to Taco Bell. Is that true of your tribe?

Goddamnit. I spent some time answering this but then some fucking ad loaded and erased everything I wrote. Fuck this. I’d love to respond but it can’t be on this sub forum. 

9 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Amish talk not a-going away, nooo.

Never knew much about my Dad's family background, but a cousin who does genealogy caught me up on some of it. There amongst all the Scottish royalty farming in the hills of 1820s Mississippi was a name that looked more German. I looked it up, and 1. It's probably Swiss, and 2. it's super-common among the Amish.

So for about 12 seconds I thought I was part Amish, then I realized it was the 1820s, so EVERYBODY was Amish. How could you even tell.

Maybe they found older ways of being retro...

8 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Was he wearing the Nudie suit with the weed and pills?

My stepmom owns that jacket. Bought it off some Englishman who was down on his luck in Nashville about 30 years ago. I think she paid less than $1000 for it...It is on loan to either the Rock or Country hall of fame right now. Gram was a little bitty dude; even when I was in fighting form back in the day it was way too small. It's like a kid size. 

A few years after she got it, my dad was showing it off to some dude at a party and the guy offered my dad an immaculately preserved 1960s Cadillac convertible for it straight up. Tempted as he was, he weighed the ownership of that car with how much he valued his marriage and chose the latter. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My stepmom owns that jacket. Bought it off some Englishman who was down on his luck in Nashville about 30 years ago. I think she paid less than $1000 for it...It is on loan to either the Rock or Country hall of fame right now. Gram was a little bitty dude; even when I was in fighting form back in the day it was way too small. It's like a kid size. 
A few years after she got it, my dad was showing it off to some dude at a party and the guy offered my dad an immaculately preserved 1960s Cadillac convertible for it straight up. Tempted as he was, he weighed the ownership of that car with how much he valued his marriage and chose the latter. 

Awesome! Great get!

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

....and for the first time, I'm actually disappointed that the confrontation between insurrectionists and members of Congress didn't turn violent.  We probably haven't had any actual swordplay combat in DC since the War of 1812.  Would have been such a cool callback to history.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

....and for the first time, I'm actually disappointed that the confrontation between insurrectionists and members of Congress didn't turn violent.  We probably haven't had any actual swordplay combat in DC since the War of 1812.  Would have been such a cool callback to history.

He may be a trained duelist.

HAHAHA

More likely we'd see Aggy vs Cheerleader gif.

• Like 1

reportedly lost his $250k CTO job as a result of his involvement.  Got back from DC and the first thing he did was buy $4K of guns and ammo.

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2021/04/syracuse-proud-boy-blames-trump-for-capitol-riot-feds-find-arsenal-including-ar-15-ammo.html

An assistant federal public defender who spoke on Greene’s behalf began by blaming Trump’s “incendiary” call to resist the legitimate results of the 2020 election, creating a unique situation that the lawyer argued would never be repeated.

The former president “preyed” upon the emotions and vulnerability felt by his ardent supporters — including Greene — by stoking their sense of patriotism and encouraging supporters to “fight like hell” during a rally hours before the insurrection,” Assistant Federal Public Defender Gabrielle DiBella argued.

Trump “was the accelerant for a whole number of people,” DiBella said.

Press release from Happy Mushroom (former employer:

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/04/24/2216362/0/en/Happy-Mushroom-Fires-Executive-Linked-to-Attack-on-U-S-Capitol.html

HOLLYWOOD, Calif., April 24, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Happy Mushroom, LLC announced today that it has terminated one of its officers, Matthew Greene, effective immediately, after he was arrested and charged with alleged participation in the January 6th events at the U.S. Capitol.

“We are extremely appalled to learn Mr. Greene held beliefs that are so counter to what Happy Mushroom stands for,” said CEO and Creative Director Felix Jorge. “Since its inception, Happy Mushroom has stood for inclusivity, diversity, and respect for our country’s political process and those who safeguard it. We have no tolerance for violence. We should all be coming together as a people to respect humanity.”

Edited by TexasEd

19 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

reportedly lost his $250k CTO job as a result of his involvement.  Got back from DC and the first thing he did was buy $4K of guns and ammo.

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2021/04/syracuse-proud-boy-blames-trump-for-capitol-riot-feds-find-arsenal-including-ar-15-ammo.html

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/04/24/2216362/0/en/Happy-Mushroom-Fires-Executive-Linked-to-Attack-on-U-S-Capitol.html

Quarter million dollar job at 33. Gave it up for trump.  Jesus. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

That fucking guy is only 33?  Holy shit, I would have guessed he was older than me.  Damn, he just threw away a much bigger chunk of his life than I realized.  

44 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I don’t know what Happy Mushroom does but that sounds like a company I’d like to work for. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Trump's ongoing grievance rhetoric doing insurrectionists no favors on detention decisions.  https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/27/trump-rhetoric-capitol-rioters-legal-fight-484787

That’s a great article. Even indicates a Trump appointed judge is using that reasoning. 

52 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

32 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

A special kind of stupid. 

51 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

32 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

22 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Almost to a man/woman, these traitors mention trump as the catalyst. 

Trump is golfing his days away down at his resort in Florida.   

The most ardent of his supporters are losing the best jobs they will ever have, losing their friends and family, facing federal prison sentences, and Trump doesn’t give a shit about them.

I love it.  It perfectly sums up his presidency.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Anybody remember James Gandolfini in "true Romance"?  He describes the feeling he got when killing someone to Alabama Whurley.  He then describes the second one, and then how he got so bored with it, the feelings have gone numb, now he just does it to watch their facial expressions change.  

That's what's happening with these Trump insurrectionists.  Watching the first one get hauled off to jail will be a twisted thrill.  The second will be the same, but more diluted.  Then the third and fourth and so on.  But by the time we get to the 100th one, it'll just be fun to see what their faces look like as they're hauled off to federal prison.  

It's when you're sitting across from that person.  When their guard comes down.  When they finally look back and see the folly of their ways and know they've finally been cornered.  When they know a huge portion of their life is now destroyed and there's no walking it back.  There's mostly regret and dread and shame, but there's always a tiny modicum of relief.  It's when all that washes over their face.....seeing a human being's soul get crushed because of something they voluntarily chose to do knowing it was wrong.  There's not a drug like it in the world.  

Edited by Lobo

38 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Anybody remember James Gandolfini in "true Romance"?  He describes the feeling he got when killing someone to Alabama Whurley.  He then describes the second one, and then how he got so bored with it, the feelings have gone numb, now he just does it to watch their facial expressions change.  

That's what's happening with these Trump insurrectionists.  Watching the first one get hauled off to jail will be a twisted thrill.  The second will be the same, but more diluted.  Then the third and fourth and so on.  But by the time we get to the 100th one, it'll just be fun to see what their faces look like as they're hauled off to federal prison.  

It's when you're sitting across from that person.  When their guard comes down.  When they finally look back and see the folly of their ways and know they've finally been cornered.  When they know a huge portion of their life is now destroyed and there's no walking it back.  There's mostly regret and dread and shame, but there's always a tiny modicum of relief.  It's when all that washes over their face.....seeing a human being's soul get crushed because of something they voluntarily chose to do knowing it was wrong.  There's not a drug like it in the world.  

And... then it's time for forgiveness. 

Just my opinion. 

We (the non-Trumptards) should be the better people. 

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

No, see here's where it gets weird.  These empty-headed Americans don't know that when Andy Jackson got his hand injured by a British sword as a child, the treatment was a poultice of cobwebs and urine.  Cobwebs and urine.  Let that sink in.  

11 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

No, see here's where it gets weird.  These empty-headed Americans don't know that when Andy Jackson got his hand injured by a British sword as a child, the treatment was a poultice of cobwebs and urine.  Cobwebs and urine.  Let that sink in.  

267x367

Not impressed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Almost to a man/woman, these traitors mention trump as the catalyst.  Why in the FUCK is he not under indictment for insurrection and sedition?

That fat, orange cunt should either die in prison or be executed.  No other options, if justice is to be served. 

Dotard gets off because his words and actions were not inciting insurrection.

Capitol insurrectionists get off because Dotard's words and actions were inciting insurrection.

Fucking bullshit.

The government isn't going to administer any "justice". The only justice any of these traitors are going to receive will come from the private sector- losing jobs, social-stigmatism, etc.