Portland Mayor denounces Antifa violence, gets confronted

fakebusiness

• fakebusiness changed the title to Portland Mayor denounces Antifa violence, gets confronted
  • 2 weeks later...

At least eight people were arrested in Portland on Wednesday after rioters damaged both federal and private property, police said.

Dozens of protesters took to the streets of Oregon's largest city following the inauguration of President Joe Biden. Some people were seen carrying Black Lives Matter signs, while others held banners with anti-Biden or anti-police slogans.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/portland-police-arrest-rioters-damage-democratic-party-office/story?id=75398433

NBC's article offers some more detail:

Some members of the crowd met in southeast Portland before heading to the Democratic Party offices dressed in black and carrying banners reading, "We don't want Biden, we want revenge! For police murders, imperialist wars and fascist massacres," and "We are ungovernable," according to a photo published by The Oregonian.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-s-democratic-party-offices-vandalized-amid-post-inauguration-protests-n1255118

Not what I was expecting after the inauguration, but in hindsight not really surprising either. The circle of politics is real, and the extreme far left and the extreme far right have more in common than they realize or care to admit. 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Baconboy said:

Not what I was expecting after the inauguration, but in hindsight not really surprising either. The circle of politics is real, and the extreme far left and the extreme far right have more in common than they realize or care to admit. 

These people aren't mad because of Donald Trump. These aren't anti-Trump protests. Some people see the systemic problems in this country and understand that they are bigger than Orange Man.

If you ever thought that this was about Donald Trump that's not their fault, it's yours for being stupid. No offense.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

These people aren't mad because of Donald Trump. These aren't anti-Trump protests. Some people see the systemic problems in this country and understand that they are bigger than Orange Man.

If you ever thought that this was about Donald Trump that's not their fault, it's yours for being stupid. No offense.

You jumped to a lot of conclusions there. I didn't say anything about Trump. I simply said I didn't expect Democratic offices in Portland to get trashed the day of the inauguration, but that in hindsight I'm not really surprised. Did you predict the Democratic offices in Portland would get trashed yesterday? If so, please start a newsletter with your future predictions and I'll be your first subscriber. $9.95/month sound fair?

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Baconboy said:

You jumped to a lot of conclusions there. I didn't say anything about Trump. I simply said I didn't expect Democratic offices in Portland to get trashed the day of the inauguration, but that in hindsight I'm not really surprised.

Why does "the day of the inauguration" stand out as important with regard to this protest?

And yeah, I can infer a lot about your logic and politics from this pile of garbage: The circle of politics is real, and the extreme far left and the extreme far right have more in common than they realize or care to admit. 

Did you predict the Democratic offices in Portland would get trashed yesterday? If so, please start a newsletter with your future predictions and I'll be your first subscriber. $9.95/month sound fair?

I didn't predict it and I'm not surprised by it and I have no reason to believe that the inauguration means anything related to it.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I didn't predict it and I'm not surprised by it and I have no reason to believe that the inauguration means anything related to it.

Regarding my politics, all you should infer is I think the violent protesters at the Capitol and in Portland are idiots and both should be prosecuted. I realize we probably don't see eye to eye on that, but do you really think there's no correlation between the inauguration yesterday and the democratic offices in Portland getting trashed after protests that same day? And you're calling me stupid? Nice! I think we're done here.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Baconboy said:

Regarding my politics, all you should infer is I think the violent protesters at the Capitol and in Portland are idiots and both should be prosecuted.

You equate this with an actual insurrection. It says a lot.

I realize we probably don't see eye to eye on that, but do you really think there's no correlation between the inauguration yesterday and the democratic offices in Portland getting trashed after protests that same day?

They were protesting Biden and such, yes, but this started with you expressing surprise that the "J20" protests existed when that's literally what they called them. Why were you surprised?

An answer to that question would be elucidating.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-biden-inauguration-portland-prote/anti-fascist-protesters-vandalize-buildings-in-portland-and-seattle-idUSKBN29Q0H9?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email

Anti-fascist protesters vandalize buildings in Portland and Seattle
By Reuters Staff

2 MIN READ

(Reuters) - Anti-government and anti-fascist protesters in Portland and Seattle vandalized a Democratic Party office and other buildings and scuffled with police on Wednesday, protesting against President Joe Biden’s inauguration.

People dressed in black and with their faces covered broke windows and the glass door at the Democratic Party of Oregon business office in Portland, spray-painting an anarchist symbol over the party sign, video posted on social media showed.

“We don’t want Biden. We want revenge for police murders, imperialist wars, and fascist massacres,” read a banner they marched under.

The new Democratic president was sworn in on Wednesday, urging unity and restoration after Republican Donald Trump’s divisive tenure.

Portland has been the scene of unrest for months, with civil rights, anarchist and anti-fascist protesters scuffling with police and occasionally with right-wing militias and Trump supporters.

The protests began in the summer as part of nationwide demonstrations against racism and police brutality following the death of George Floyd, a Black man who died in Minneapolis in May after police pinned his neck to the ground for nearly nine minutes.

Eight people were arrested in Portland on suspicion of offenses including rioting and reckless burning, while two people were arrested in Seattle, one for assault and another for property damage, police said.

Before descending on the Democratic Party office, some protesters from a group of about 150 scuffled with police on bicycles, police said in a statement.

In Seattle, police said multiple sites had been vandalized and posted pictures of the damage, including what appeared to be of an Amazon Go store.

I want to tell you a story about the last time I was in Portland. The night before we played at the Long Goodbye. I was walking on the street about 10:30 at night. A lot of people go to bed around here at 10:30 at night. And well, I was walking along when suddenly these jocks in this bright blue pickup drove up. It had KC lights, tractor tires, everything but the CB. It was a life-size Hot Wheels car for some dumb rich kid, right. Well, they drove up to me and they yelled what dumb rich kids usually yell, "Hey faggot," and showered me with water

So, I stood there thinking, what a bunch of fuckheads, and picked up a rock. Now, I waited, walked down about a block to where the Kentucky Fried Chicken is, on Burnside, and sure enough they drove around again. They said, "Hey, faggot, where's the nearest McDonald's?" I said, "I don't know", and they squirted me again. So I threw the rock and put a nice-sized dent in their giant Hot Wheels car

They screeched to a halt in the parking lot of some department store, who's name I don't remember, it's up the street from Fred Meyer, and they got out their clubs and they ran after me, yelling "We're gonna kill you, you god damn faggot, we're gonna kill you, you motherfucker." So I got in a phone booth by the Kentucky Fried Chicken on Burnside, held my legs straight out like this so they couldn't open the door to the phone booth. So they began charging the phone booth, beating on it with their clubs, yelling, "We're gonna kill you, you motherfucker! We're gonna kill you, you goddamn faggot!" I just looked at them

So, there was a crowd gathering by this time and these kids were standing nearby and they said, "Oh, look at him, he's insane." I thought, aha, here's my way out! I yelled at them, "Take me to a mental hospital right away. I wanna be be put away. Please put me away, c'mon, call the cops and put me away. Please put me away now." They said, "Alright, faggot, we're calling the police."

So they called the police. The cop comes out and I go "Ah, my savior, I'm away from these jocks." He opens up the door, "Get outta there, you," throws me up against the car, frisks me, shoves me in the back. Then he goes over to the jocks. "Now what happened here? It looks like we're going have to take him to jail but we got to have the full story first" So the jocks, who had an ace in the hole, ace in the hole (take down on the bass, a little bit down on the bass, yeah), ace in the hole, and they go, "Well, goddammit, the motherfucker put a dent in my truck, a $5000 truck, right, so I got my club, I went out and I wanted to kill him! I want to kill him! Let me kill him, goddammit! Let me kill him!"

So the cop made them go home, and he drove me home, and he confiscated their club and my rock as further evidence. And I thought, so this is Oregon, huh? Tolerant Oregon? Ray, are you done with your guitar yet? He isn't done yet. So what else do you want to hear, I'm out of stories. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I want to tell you a story about the last time I was in Portland. The night before we played at the Long Goodbye. I was walking on the street about 10:30 at night. A lot of people go to bed around here at 10:30 at night. And well, I was walking along when suddenly these jocks in this bright blue pickup drove up. It had KC lights, tractor tires, everything but the CB. It was a life-size Hot Wheels car for some dumb rich kid, right. Well, they drove up to me and they yelled what dumb rich kids usually yell, "Hey faggot," and showered me with water

So, I stood there thinking, what a bunch of fuckheads, and picked up a rock. Now, I waited, walked down about a block to where the Kentucky Fried Chicken is, on Burnside, and sure enough they drove around again. They said, "Hey, faggot, where's the nearest McDonald's?" I said, "I don't know", and they squirted me again. So I threw the rock and put a nice-sized dent in their giant Hot Wheels car

They screeched to a halt in the parking lot of some department store, who's name I don't remember, it's up the street from Fred Meyer, and they got out their clubs and they ran after me, yelling "We're gonna kill you, you god damn faggot, we're gonna kill you, you motherfucker." So I got in a phone booth by the Kentucky Fried Chicken on Burnside, held my legs straight out like this so they couldn't open the door to the phone booth. So they began charging the phone booth, beating on it with their clubs, yelling, "We're gonna kill you, you motherfucker! We're gonna kill you, you goddamn faggot!" I just looked at them

So, there was a crowd gathering by this time and these kids were standing nearby and they said, "Oh, look at him, he's insane." I thought, aha, here's my way out! I yelled at them, "Take me to a mental hospital right away. I wanna be be put away. Please put me away, c'mon, call the cops and put me away. Please put me away now." They said, "Alright, faggot, we're calling the police."

So they called the police. The cop comes out and I go "Ah, my savior, I'm away from these jocks." He opens up the door, "Get outta there, you," throws me up against the car, frisks me, shoves me in the back. Then he goes over to the jocks. "Now what happened here? It looks like we're going have to take him to jail but we got to have the full story first" So the jocks, who had an ace in the hole, ace in the hole (take down on the bass, a little bit down on the bass, yeah), ace in the hole, and they go, "Well, goddammit, the motherfucker put a dent in my truck, a $5000 truck, right, so I got my club, I went out and I wanted to kill him! I want to kill him! Let me kill him, goddammit! Let me kill him!"

So the cop made them go home, and he drove me home, and he confiscated their club and my rock as further evidence. And I thought, so this is Oregon, huh? Tolerant Oregon? Ray, are you done with your guitar yet? He isn't done yet. So what else do you want to hear, I'm out of stories. 

Ok Jello Biafra. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So, how does political discourse run here in Idiot World.

A mob of thousands gathered before Trump heeds his words and attacks the Capitol sending Congress into hiding and getting some people killed. Tens of millions of American GOPs sympathize with the cause and believe democracy has been undone even if they don't like the seditious riot. Oh, and they convince themselves ahead of any evidence coming in that it was Antifa.

A mob of 200 march in Portland. Some of them quite rudely (and wrongly as far as I'm concerned) verbally acost the mayor in a restaurant. They march in protest of police killing and claim they want revenge. Tens of millions of GOPs will point to this and declare, "See!"

And you can't argue with them. They won't listen.

We still have a broken electorate. I fear the new media will comfortably slip back into covering politics as though everything is moving back to normal. They will only see and cover what they've been accustomed to seeing over the decades.

We're still in a new day. A dark one.

• Rage+1 1

On 1/22/2021 at 9:57 AM, Nivek said:

Love The Dead Kennedys.

CHIEF