Mr. Mayor

RPM

Ok, Ted Danson. NBC. Bar setting low.

So far I had a couple of legit LOLz and it's only the first 5 min. This may be the new 30 Rock if they can keep up the pace. Verry happy to see Bobby Moynihan back on air.

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Ugh, the whole shaky camera thing is so played out. Give it a rest already. I don’t want to sit through 30 minutes of that anyway. 

Honestly, I didn't notice. Maybe I've been conditioned.

OK, I never noticed until you pointed it out and now I'm fixated on it.

Edited by RPM
damn you

I kind of forgot about this coming out, but I'm looking forward to watching it.  Tina Fey and Robert Carlock have earned giving anything they do a chance.  I like Ted Danson, too.  I certainly wouldn't say choosing to work with the 30 Rock/Kimmy Schmidt people implies one needs money.  

I really enjoyed it, got a definite30 Rock vibe, not perfect but way better than that Fey disaster that had Nicole Richie as a TV anchor. Holly Hunter is gonna do some serious scenery chewing. Added to the playlist, will give it a multiple episode tryout.

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah so I like it all right.  A lot of room to improve, but it had a few legit out loud laughs in the first two.  Few comedies find their rhythm and are great after two episodes, but this shows a lot of promise.

I cracked up when the lion mascot came flying at him.  

• Like 1

I was not crazy about it the first time I watched it, but watched the two episodes again and it grew on me. I feel it will get better with each new episode as we know more about each character and warm up to them. Of course I like pretty much anything with Ted Danson. I knew Holly Hunter was little but not that little.

12 hours ago, Saint Austin said:

I gave it two episodes, but it’s just not doing it for me. Not as funny as Kimmy Schmidt, and not even close to being in the same league as 30 Rock. Ted Danson and Bobby Moynihan have their moments, but Holly Hunter (both her and her character) are pretty unwatchable. 

I agree... but I've also re-watched the first season of Parks and Rec and noted that it took a while for them to hit their stride as well

On 1/8/2021 at 7:23 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Shitty time slot. This is when I watch Washington Week on PBS.

I’d like to check it out. I switched over for a moment. Ugh, the whole shaky camera thing is so played out. Give it a rest already. I don’t want to sit through 30 minutes of that anyway. 

If only there were a way to record shows and watch them later... 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Brandywine said:

This week's episode was pretty funny but the best part was Chrissy Teigen at the end talking at a City Town Hall meeting. It was classic. So funny.

Yeah, she was funny. The David Spade and Andie MacDowell cameos were pretty good too. I’m not sure if that’s a good sign because, other than Ted Danson and Holly Hunter, I think the rest of the regular cast is pretty weak. Bobby Moynihan isn’t funny. It’s way past time to be mining SNL for talent. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, she was funny. The David Spade and Andie MacDowell cameos were pretty good too. I’m not sure if that’s a good sign because, other than Ted Danson and Holly Hunter, I think the rest of the regular cast is pretty weak. Bobby Moynihan isn’t funny. It’s way past time to be mining SNL for talent. 

I agree.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 7:13 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

holly hunter and bobby moynihan are coming really close to ruining it for me, although being "the first jayden" was a funny bit.  danson is danson.  his daughter is funny enough, and the other two on his staff are solid.  the woman (chief of staff?) was great in crazy ex-girlfriend and dollface.  i don't know the dude but he's cracking me up.

and i get that tina fey is pals with dratch, but enough already.