Say something good about the Trump presidency. I’m serious.

4 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

This sentence right here says everything wasn't fine. The stuff Mulvaney pulled the other day with the bankers was the garden variety corruption (albeit more explicit than normal).

Money has always equalled access - that isn't new.

This was your assertion - what has Trump done with regard to this? If you are really saying "the Clinton Foundation would have acted as pay-for-play" that is a textbook "but Hillary". If not, just clarify what he explicitly did because I don't see it.

OP didn’t ask for something trump has done that is good. He asked for something good about the trump presidency. Trump has been so open and blatant with the pay for play that the “garden variety corruption” will come under scrutiny as well. That is a good thing, if indeed you are not ok with business as usual 

Edited by Sawbonz

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Fox and friends rant from a couple of days ago aside, his tweets and and transcriptions of speeches read much worse than his spoken word.  He should stick to a script and stay off the Twitter. When on script he is not the worst public speaking president I have heard.

news travels so fast and so often that yesterday's news already feels like "a couple of days ago."

3 hours ago, In10se said:

Melania just turned 48 and has all the unnatural plastic appearance of a 65 yr old with way too much surgery. 

Ironically embodies the modern American female egoist. Pure vanity above all else. 

maybe so but i agree with the poster that said she's the hottest first lady in our history.  of ever.  wish she was more confident and took more action (in other words, got more camera time).  she's either shy, or she's got something to hide and doesn't want the focus.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 2:42 PM, Grandioso said:

The North Korea situation is going about as well as you could hope. I don't think Trump has a ton to do with that, but his whole "madman theory" approach to Kim Jong Un might have influenced him to come to the table. Trump then flatters him and shit when he makes decisions that are favorable to us, which might be working too. 

Of course, it is Trump. Korea has been a problem for 60 years and he shows up and rope a dopes them all. 

"Peace" in the Middle East is next.

Edited by Dolemite
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

There's a rope a dope going on, but it's us getting the treatment.

This.  The speed at which a world power is cruising towards irrelevance on multiple continents (all while being convinced that it's strutting about with its bad self)....well, it's....

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  The speed at which a world power is cruising towards irrelevance on multiple continents (all while being convinced that it's strutting about with its bad self)....well, it's....

giphy.gif

This is what some people want. Our place at the top will be taken by someone. I guess we're comfortable with that someone being an authoritarian communist regime with 1.4 billion people.

Oh well.

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

giphy.gif

True, but that process started 10 years prior to Trump's inauguration.

Trump is misunderstood and you have to make an effort to try to rationalize how he operates and throw away the norms and look at the results. If you don't you are just haters on the sidelines jeering someone trying to make a difference. 

It has to be understood that Trump feels like only results matter and he will do anything to get something done. No matter how outrageous it may be.  He just has his method and it fucking works. You can hate his guts all you want but if you really want shit happening then who has done a better job at it ever? Reagan is probably the last president to get things done but he did some stupid shit too. The Bushes didn't do shit, Clinton didn't do shit, Obama didn't do shit. This fucker does shit.

He has made major accomplishments in every area of how our government works. Jobs, foreign policy, fixing structural issues in how the government operates. Got the pipeline pushed through, opened up new areas to drilling, making the country oil independent more or less that is. And he knows that oil won't be used for primary energy generation in 50 years or so but he doesn't give a fuck. He wants jobs out there for people now and getting off oil too fast will fuck a lot of people and who wants that? 

Korea has been a hot spot for 60 years now it is done. Trump told China how it was going work going forward and they fell in line. We hold all the cards and we are the gorilla on the block and he knows that he is using that to basically tell the rest of the world how it is going to be and they are going for it.

The Arabs let by the Saudi's are finally going to adopt the "Arab Peace Plan" and Iran will be isolated and eventually, probably sooner than anyone thinks there will be a regime game in Iran and Iran will once again be an ally. Once those guys are out of play Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan will stabilize and Turkey will work things out with the Kurds. 

People talk about how he turns people over a lot. Hey, that is the way it is in the business world. You either do the job or you're fired, and when people fuck up he gets rid of them. Look at the limited talent pool he has to start with anyway.  There are probably only a dozen people qualified to be sec of defense and not a single one of them has ever had to work for maniac hell-bent on success. And its that way for all the top people he has to have. 

People criticize him because of the government jobs in the executive branch that he hasn't filled yet and say its an example of what a dumbass he is. Well, fuck those jobs. Apparently, we don't need them filled as they are likely unnecessary. 

I have even gotten to where I can handle his tweets although they had a high cringe factor for me until just in the last month or so until I finally realized he knows he is acting crazy but this is how he has always operated and it has always worked in the past for him so whatever. I just don't let it bother me. Btw, every president from here on out will tweet their asses off.

I think he is fucking great. 

Rant over

Edited by Dolemite
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Trump is misunderstood and you have to make an effort to try to rationalize how he operates and through away the norms and look at the results. If you don't you are just haters on the sidelines jeering someone trying to make a difference. 

It has to be understood that Trump feels like only results matter and he will do anything to get something done. No matter how outrageous it may be.  He just has his method and it fucking works. You can hate his guts all you want but if you really want shit happening then who has done a better job at it ever? Reagan is probably the last president to get things done but he did some stupid shit too. The Bushes didn't do shit, Clinton didn't do shit, Obama didn't do shit. This fucker does shit.

He has made major accomplishments in every area of how our government works. Jobs, foreign policy, fixing structural issues in how the government operates. Got the pipeline pushed through, opened up new areas to drilling, making the country oil independent more or less that is. And he knows that oil won't be used for primary energy generation in 50 years or so but he doesn't give a fuck. He wants jobs out there for people now and getting off oil too fast will fuck a lot of people and who wants that? 

Korea has been a hot spot for 60 years now it is done. Trump told China how it was going work going forward and they fell in line. We hold all the cards and we are the gorilla on the block and he knows that he is using that to basically tell the rest of the world how it is going to be and they are going for it.

The Arabs let by the Saudi's are finally going to adopt the "Arab Peace Plan" and Iran will be isolated and eventually, probably sooner than anyone thinks there will be a regime game in Iran and Iran will once again be an ally. Once those guys are out of play Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan will stabilize and Turkey will work things out with the Kurds. 

People talk about how he turns people over a lot. Hey, that is the way it is in the business world. You either do the job or you're fired, and when people fuck up he gets rid of them. Look at the limited talent pool he has to start with anyway.  There are probably only a dozen people qualified to be sec of defense and not a single one of them has ever had to work for maniac hell-bent on success. And its that way for all the top people he has to have. 

People criticize him because of the government jobs in the executive branch that he hasn't filled yet and say its an example of what a dumbass he is. Well, fuck those jobs. Apparently, we don't need them filled as they are likely unnecessary. 

I have even gotten to where I can handle his tweets although they had a high cringe factor for me until just in the last month or so until I finally realized he knows he is acting crazy but this is how he has always operated and it has always worked in the past for him so whatever. I just don't let it bother me. Btw, every president from here on out will tweet their asses off.

Rant over

What results? 

17 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Trump is misunderstood and you have to make an effort to try to rationalize how he operates and throw away the norms and look at the results.

It has to be understood that Trump feels like only results matter and he will do anything to get something done. No matter how outrageous it may be.  He just has his method and it fucking works.

Rant over

Going through life with your reasoning abilities must be a trying process.  #Bless your heart,  #35%Forever,  #Turniptruckapproachingacurvegoingfast

Edited by Gatorubet

Just now, David Dennison said:

It's definitely exposed the Republican Party for what it really is.

That's oversimplifying...there's a many a Democrat pro-union guy who flocked to the R party with all the dog whistling...in fact he wouldn't have won without that voter bloc moving over to him in the midwest.  

• Like 2

On 4/26/2018 at 11:56 PM, Chrispy said:

My deadbeat friend got a job and quit asking for money. Business is booming gents, and life is pretty damn good. 

What Trump action caused this?  Were there no jobs at the end of December 2016, and then the local Tiki Torch Factory doubled in size and started hiring?

36 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

What Trump action caused this?  Were there no jobs at the end of December 2016, and then the local Tiki Torch Factory doubled in size and started hiring?

He was hired on by a small business that has benefitted from tax cuts, thus taking him off my hands. He still has plenty of time to squander the opportunity, however; so I’ll remain cautiously optimistic for the time being. Meh on the Charlottesville reference, it’s tired. 

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

He was hired on by a small business that has benefitted from tax cuts, thus taking him off my hands. He still has plenty of time to squander the opportunity, however; so I’ll remain cautiously optimistic for the time being. Meh on the Charlottesville reference, it’s tired. 

So there were no jobs before this company??  And you know for a fact that the company decided to use the alleged saved tax income to hire the deadbeat, and did not do a stock buy back with the tax money, and that THIS employment was related to the separate new hire budget using past years allocation? 

You really have to do more to prove how and why the deadbeat was only and solely motivated to work for that one company - instead of every other opportunity available to him during the tenure of his deadbeatness.   Or why he forsake any other company who was hiring,  and focused his work ethic epiphany on this one application.   It's remarkable, this alleged specificity.   Maybe is was Trump working so hard at his golf game that inspired him.

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

So there were no jobs before this company??  And you know for a fact that the company decided to use the alleged saved tax income to hire the deadbeat, and did not do a stock buy back with the tax money, and that THIS employment was related to the separate new hire budget using past years allocation? 

You really have to do more to prove how and why the deadbeat was only and solely motivated to work for that one company - instead of every other opportunity available to him during the tenure of his deadbeatness.   Or why he forsake any other company who was hiring,  and focused his work ethic epiphany on this one application.   It's remarkable, this alleged specificity.   Maybe is was Trump working so hard at his golf game that inspired him.

Yes, I know. He praised Trump’s tax reform and is extremely optimistic about the future of his business, resulting in the hiring of a couple new employees. One of which was a friend of mine, and I’m certainly rooting for him. 

As far as his motivation, who the hell knows, I’m not sure Freud himself would be able to ascertain the answer to that question. 

Also, let’s get something straight, I have zero to prove to you. Anyone that throws out haphazard references to Charlottesville is not worth taking seriously. I’m only engaging with you out of pity. 

7 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Yes, I know. He praised Trump’s tax reform and is extremely optimistic about the future of his business, resulting in the hiring of a couple new employees. One of which was a friend of mine, and I’m certainly rooting for him. 

As far as his motivation, who the hell knows, I’m not sure Freud himself would be able to ascertain the answer to that question. 

Also, let’s get something straight, I have zero to prove to you. Anyone that throws out haphazard references to Charlottesville is not worth taking seriously. I’m only engaging with you out of pity. 

Anyone who dismisses what Donald Trump had to say about Charlottesville as unimportant isn't worth taking seriously, either.

38 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Then you can't link Trump to his hiring sport.   Proximate Cause Moose outside shoulda told ya.

You alleged that Trump turned your deadbeat friend frog into a capitalist Prince.   Feel free to make claims and not be able to support them.  CR board, and all... 

34 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Anyone who dismisses what Donald Trump had to say about Charlottesville as unimportant isn't worth taking seriously, either.

You’re going to need to point me to a post where I dismissed it David. 

7 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Then you can't link Trump to his hiring sport.   Proximate Cause Moose outside shoulda told ya.

You alleged that Trump turned your deadbeat friend frog into a capitalist Prince.   Feel free to make claims and not be able to support them.  CR board, and all... 

Trump’s tax plan resulted in my friend getting a job at a booming small business, pretty straightforward my man. You can choose to believe it or not, it means very little to me. Have a good weekend, I know I will. 

On 4/27/2018 at 6:51 PM, Dolemite said:

Trump is misunderstood and you have to make an effort to try to rationalize how he operates and throw away the norms and look at the results. If you don't you are just haters on the sidelines jeering someone trying to make a difference. 

Rant over

Wall of Fox News.  Hey Alabama, fuck off you backward Lynching cocksuckers.  You had multiple chances to join the 20th century and you failed.   

55 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Trump’s tax plan resulted in my friend getting a job at a booming small business, pretty straightforward my man. You can choose to believe it or not, it means very little to me. Have a good weekend, I know I will. 

Fuck you too you buck toothed ignoramus.  Chrispy indeed defines your meth fried brain and your postin habits  

His domestic policy agenda is looking like an unmitigated disaster, but I've seen some good things out of Trump's foreign policy. Not many, but some. He hasn't been drawn into Syria aside from some limited strikes and I can be hopeful, if pessimistic, about the upcoming meeting with Lil' Kim.

His election and administration should force our country to do some real, long-overdue soul searching.

6 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

His domestic policy agenda is looking like an unmitigated disaster, but I've seen some good things out of Trump's foreign policy. Not many, but some. He hasn't been drawn into Syria aside from some limited strikes and I can be hopeful, if pessimistic, about the upcoming meeting with Lil' Kim.

His election and administration should force our country to do some real, long-overdue soul searching.

The country won't and he'll get re-elected because the Dems when run another Hillary that isn't likable at all. Shit, the Dems would probably nominate her again.

I'd point to Korea.  People on all sides of deal have pointed to him as major influence in things that are happening. You'd have to be a major douche to deny how big a deal it would be to have North Korea threat to world minimized after 60 years. 

16 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Trump’s tax plan resulted in my friend getting a job at a booming small business, pretty straightforward my man.

A new Rosanne show was in the works - and then went on air.  That had never happened until recently, and now - viola! - your friend has a job.   Shouldn't we be thanking ABC's show runner for your friends job? 

So by all means,  roll with your own epidemiological determinants theory  Pretty straightforward my man.  MAGA!!! 

Edited by Gatorubet

21 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

A new Rosanne show was in the works - and then went on air.  That had never happened until recently, and now - viola! - your friend has a job.   Shouldn't we be thanking ABC's show runner for your friends job? 

So by all means,  roll with your own epidemiological determinants theory  Pretty straightforward my man.  MAGA!!! 

It’s Roseanne, geez, that’s blasphemy. My buddy struggled even during the show’s first run in the 90’s, so unfortunately I can’t give them any credit, as much as I would love to. Trump’s the only new variable in the equation, aside from a few swift kicks in the ass by yours truly. 

These are good times my man, and life keeps getting sweeter and sweeter. Enjoy it. 

On 4/29/2018 at 8:33 AM, GRHorn said:

I'd point to Korea.  People on all sides of deal have pointed to him as major influence in things that are happening. You'd have to be a major douche to deny how big a deal it would be to have North Korea threat to world minimized after 60 years. 

Man, people are gonna freak out when Trump wins the Nobel Peace Prize. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 12:38 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

That's oversimplifying...there's a many a Democrat pro-union guy who flocked to the R party with all the dog whistling...in fact he wouldn't have won without that voter bloc moving over to him in the midwest.  

So true.  But it has caused the GOP, which doesn't seem to have a single foggy clue who votes for them and why, to increase their pandering to certain small-minded segments of the electorate, running off whatever fiscal conservatives were left in the party.  Trump tapped the xenophobic moron segment of the electorate, and the clueless GOP has seized on it like a drowning man with a raft.

Edited by TwiceHorn

On 4/27/2018 at 6:51 PM, Dolemite said:

Rant over

It amazes me everyone credits him for jobs.  There were literally less jobs created in his first year than in any year going back to, I believe, 2011.  More jobs were created in every single year of Obama's second term.  Just because Trump talks about being a great jobs president doesn't make it true. 

I would say a positive of Trump is that Republicans can never again call themselves the party of fiscal responsibility.  Thanks to tax cuts nobody needed in an economy that was already doing well,  the federal government had to borrow $488 billion in the first quarter of 2018, the most in history and almost as much as the entire deficit in Obama's last year.  By 2020 we will be operating at deficits of more than $1 trillion a year.  But hey, your paycheck will probably afford you a couple of extra trips to Starbucks.  Worth it, amirite?

And I actually do give Trump some credit for Korea.  Probably less credit than Trump supporters do, but more than most on the left give him.  His saber rattling seems to have influenced Kim.  However, I'm going to hold off on recommending peace prizes as he hires Pompeo and Bolton who are priming us for a war with Iran.  I guess 16 years and counting of war in the Middle East has gotten boring and defense contractors aren't profiting off of it enough so we need a new front.  Remember when Trump pretended to be against the Iraq war?  I'm sure that's why he's bringing back W's neocon war monger friends for a sequel. Regime change always works out so well for us in the Middle East.  I'm sure this time will be no different!  

Edited by Tom