Washington @ Buccaneers: NFC Wild Card Game

Vic Mackey

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I never root for WFT so I mean I guess this is how it should have gone but damn If I wasn’t impressed with Heineken! Hope he has secured a future for himself. 

He’s an unrestricted free agent. Somebody will bite ... hope he remembers Rivera gave him opportunities at Carolina and Washington.  That job will be WIDE OPEN ...

• Like 3

WFT drafts #19 in April. Not sure that's going to be high enough to get a good QB prospect. If I were them I'd see if I could trade a first and a third for someone like Matthew Stafford and find a WR2 in free agency (or throw a couple darts in the draft). They have the pieces to contend, otherwise.

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

He was with the Vikings for a while and some thought he was better than our starters at the time. Dude has an arm and did in college as well

Yeah, he always kicked ass when he got into preseason games when he was with Minnesota.  There was talk that he liked to freelance too much within the offense and that he got into Zimmer's doghouse, but all he did was produce when he got into games.  Yeah, it was preseason and he was working against 2nd and 3rd teamers, but he clearly outperformed the competition when the lights came on.  Good wheels and a live arm.  I think teams were scared off in his draft year by the fact that he's 6'1" and the level of his college competition.  But, hey, if you can play . . . you can play.  

Ronald Jones, Tampa Bay, McKinney North alum, not on stat sheet.  I think he is injured.  He and Fournette give the Bucs a two-headed monster they will need to go up against whoever they play next week.  I've seen Bucs highlights and they both work very well in the Bucs offense.  Brady has two very good backs to hand off, and Fournette is the better receiver, and of course Evans, Gronk to throw to.  The next Tampa Bay game might be for the NFC championship.  

5 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

Ronald Jones, Tampa Bay, McKinney North alum, not on stat sheet.  I think he is injured.  He and Fournette give the Bucs a two-headed monster they will need to go up against whoever they play next week.  I've seen Bucs highlights and they both work very well in the Bucs offense.  Brady has two very good backs to hand off, and Fournette is the better receiver, and of course Evans, Gronk to throw to.  The next Tampa Bay game might be for the NFC championship.  

pretty sure its roland 

so, for Brees vs. Brady round 3, I see the running game being the difference.  

I finally found info. about Jones.  He was injured during pre-game, quad.  Hoping it is  a minor injury, looking for both teams to be at full strength.  If Jones is out, it makes the game even tighter, and Brady has to do more passing.