Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

So articles will be presented by the House Monday but the turtle says Senate won’t take it up until the 19th. Does he try to have a show trial with “acquittal” on the 19th? Does he just let the clock run out thinking the new Senate Majority leader won’t hold the trial once Trump leaves office? 

3 minutes ago, bernorange said:

If Mitch truly is at odds with Trump, he'll let the Dems convict after the 19th so Trump cannot run again.

This. If the Senate does not convict trump will spend the next four years raising money that otherwise would go to republican candidates for the sole purpose of destroying the republican party and enriching himself.

At some point they will convict him and make sure he can't run again so he can't raise any more money. The only question is when.

The House must impeach so that Trump's pardons for people involved in the attempted coup, and that is a lot of people, will not be valid.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, bernorange said:

If Mitch truly is at odds with Trump, he'll let the Dems convict after the 19th so Trump cannot run again.

I’m not exactly sure how this plays out, honestly.  I can’t quite get to 66 without some of the upper Plains state senators who I just can’t read (Hoevan, Rounds, Fischer, Cramer, etc).  

The Senators are pissed off. It’s fucking hard to get on the floor of the Senate, in normal times.   They view themselves as part of the most exclusive club in the world. The only times I’ve done it are during recess in the personal company of floor staff as part of a very personal tour.  Senate staff have to get permission to go on, otherwise the pages shuttle notes. 

To have it breached like that has got to have them absolutely livid. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

It interesting that my Linkedin is being dominated by politics now. I come from an investment/ banking background so most of my network can be fairly conservative. The number of individuals replying making anti-Trump and administration comments is telling. Two CEOs of public companies that used to post pro-Trump post now have deleted those post and one has deleted their linkedin account. 

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

I’m not exactly sure how this plays out, honestly.  I can’t quite get to 66 without some of the upper Plains state senators shot I just can’t read (Hoevan, Rounds, Fischer, Cramer, etc).  

The Senators are pissed off. It’s fucking hard to get on the floor of the Senate, in normal times.   They view themselves as part of the most exclusive club in the world. The only times I’ve done it are during recess in the personal company of floor staff as part of a very intimate tour.  Senate staff have to get permission to go on, otherwise the pages shuttle notes. 

If I’m Mitch, I’m circulating the Georgia post-mortem that Trump cost you the Senate. If he’s not neutered, your ass is in trouble in 2022 Bc he will support a primary against you. 

Are we still looking for a smoking gun after all of this?  Apparently, a bj merits impeachment but sedition, ransacking the country and capitol is a runout the clock moment.  They can ram through a SCOUTS pick faster than at any time in history but impeachment would take too long.  Also, I think we now have yet another strong reason for DC to have statehood and get it's own National Guard.  Every day this dumbfuck remains at large and in the highest national seat of power, he is a national security threat.   Fuck the Republican traitors that enabled it then and fuck the Republican traitors that continue enabling it with their run out the clock rhetoric.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

He will almost certainly be impeached, but I will be shocked if Trump is convicted.  The GOP probably thinks they can reduce Trumps influence moving forward without losing his base by blaming him for every law passed in the next 2 years, working to keep him off Twitter and Facebook, and convincing the major donors to help them make Trump look bad.  As things stand no GOP congressman can win election without Trump’s base, and that will keep them from properly punishing him.

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

He will almost certainly be impeached, but I will be shocked if Trump is convicted.  The GOP probably thinks they can reduce Trumps influence moving forward without losing his base by blaming him for every law passed in the next 2 years, working to keep him off Twitter and Facebook, and convincing the major donors to help them make Trump look bad.  As things stand no GOP congressman can win election without Trump’s base, and that will keep them from properly punishing him.

Sad but unfortunately true. The hubris and ego that led to this seems to be bound to continue until the tragic conclusion we fear. 

The House will vote to impeach. McConnell released a memo already. 

To sum, legally it takes all 100 senators consent to meet before January 19th (ie, that ain't fucking happening)

Then, rules say they must start trial day after they receive the House articles. Which would be January 20th, and the President's term will have expired. Then it's up to Schumer if he wants to waste Biden's presidency doing this shit or confirming appointments. 

In summary, McConnell is going to follow the slow ass law to the T and parachute out of this mess. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

He'll run the clock out. 

I’m not sold the clock will run out absent a vote. There’s differing opinions out there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1253544

I see benefits in a Senate conviction, in that trump would be prohibited from future office, and he could not possibly pardon any conspirators in the Coup-folly.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Soapbox
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

As things stand no GOP congressman can win election without Trump’s base, and that will keep them from properly punishing him.

Yeah, but with Trump's base the GOP has lost the presidency and both houses in 4 years.  There's a bit of a first actor fear out there I think, but it's in the GOP's best interest to distance themselves from Trump.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

What gets more Republican votes, Impeachment or expulsion of Cruz and/or Hawley?

With ranked choice voting taking effect in Alaska, I’m not sure how tied to the party Murkowski has to or wants to be. Already won a write in

I would be very interested in seeing this put to a vote.  Congress hates Ted Cruz.  And it’s not like they’d lose the seat.  The Texas reps would almost certainly vote against it, but the rest of congress hates his ass and probably doesn’t have a lot to lose by replacing him with a fresh GOP face.  Of course Abbott would very likely put another fuckface in that spot.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

txags>>>>>>>

image.png.c1fc83c5dc90a4ac77d21f016477226f.png

image.png.c43e6951d84420003ec7f5feafe52409.png

Their moderators appear to have stepped up their game a little:

image.png.129cf8ff46fa4e5014d5ad2dc74d8bb8.png

If I had to guess, a bunch of the posters at tigerdroppings are not LSU graduates, or graduates of any place at all, except maybe Plaquemines Parish HS.

The number of verified aggy graduates posting seditionist nonsense on texags is frightening.

They better get themselves in order, or as my Dad used to say: straighten up and fly right.

I mean they are so full of themselves that they have no respect for anything really (the GOP Senators is to whom I'm referring).

They lambasted the entire Democratic Party when the whistleblower brought forth the concerns that led to impeachment and accused them of being unpatriotic and divisive. Then upon taking the vote, "oh, let the electors decide." So, stall.

When Ruth Bader Ginsburg died, they didn't stall at all because reasons.

The election happens and now stall, stall, stall and COUP.

Coup impeachment discussion "Oh, it's too divisive, let's wait."

Can we not forget that many of them WANT THE COUP TO SUCCEED?

Sure, they're pissed--they weren't out of harm this time, but some are egoist enough to believe they'll be unscathed. But: Trump doesn't care about them either. He'll take whoever is left and then decide who is most loyal and civilian and federal firing squads will commence forthwith.

They wait at their peril.

Also:

She is a very very good read.

Edit to add this piece because it is what we're seeing up front with Trump, but it is harder to penetrate who is with him behind the scenes and in the military etc because that is more private.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 6

28 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I would be very interested in seeing this put to a vote.  Congress hates Ted Cruz.  And it’s not like they’d lose the seat.  The Texas reps would almost certainly vote against it, but the rest of congress hates his ass and probably doesn’t have a lot to lose by replacing him with a fresh GOP face.  Of course Abbott would very likely put another fuckface in that spot.

Deal. Do it. Cruz needs to feel serious consequences. As does hawley.  Would the GOP appointee get to finish the term or would a special election in 2022 be required that would at least give the voters of Texas a chance to address it themselves?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

I’m not exactly sure how this plays out, honestly.  I can’t quite get to 66 without some of the upper Plains state senators who I just can’t read (Hoevan, Rounds, Fischer, Cramer, etc).  

The Senators are pissed off. It’s fucking hard to get on the floor of the Senate, in normal times.   They view themselves as part of the most exclusive club in the world. The only times I’ve done it are during recess in the personal company of floor staff as part of a very personal tour.  Senate staff have to get permission to go on, otherwise the pages shuttle notes. 

Mitch will get the votes if he wants them. Without Mitchs OK it would be impossible 

They are wrong given what happened with the re-election oh the head of the RNC.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Deal. Do it. Cruz needs to feel serious consequences. As does hawley.  Would the GOP appointee get to finish the term or would a special election in 2022 be required that would at least give the voters of Texas a chance to address it themselves?

This was what I found:

image.png.405a45df372988fc3e6131e662ce2c02.png

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

They are wrong given what happened with the re-election oh the head of the RNC.

Yes, the old guard is being subsumed by the fascist wing and if the old guard doesn't wake the hell up while they hold some semblance of power they're going to get killed by these seditionists. They won't spare them because of the R beside their name. Only the most loyal to their leader get that. Look at LIndsey et al. If that scene had occurred in the Capitol with the mob and no cops (killed or complicit), Lindsey would be in tears and subsequently dead.

35 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Do ya think?  Because it's a pretty low bar for one party while unattainably high for the other.  Members of the mob he created are certainly indictable, why not their speaker and leader?  I thought there was already a law against this or does it again, not apply to the president while he is in office?  Manson didn't have to murder anybody but he sure helped manipulate others to.  This guy is every bit as psychotic. And the media and social media platforms very much helped ingratiate his cult status.   Dotards following had bombs.  Think about that while questioning whether he should be impeached.

Edited by Mdhorn

35 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Also:

She is a very very good read.

Edit to add this piece because it is what we're seeing up front with Trump, but it is harder to penetrate who is with him behind the scenes and in the military etc because that is more private.

This person seems to know what the fuck they are talking about. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I believe in Texas it’s an immediate special election...no appointee.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Speaker and Vice President elect now, President in four years.

And they're going to Clintonize the hell out of them, regardless of reality, until the mental idea associated with Kamala is tiresome and automatically linked to a black culture of criminality.  They've already got a generic clay base bust starter kit with hundreds of years of cultivated black culture criminality mindset built in.  They only need to personalize it. 

8 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Gonna suck for them when their university gets linked to a pool of this kind of ideology.  

Nobody outside of Texas thinks about Aggy. That is both good and bad. Texans already know about them, and like dealing with scorpions, have come up with coping mechanisms. Outsiders just assume they are some typical farm half to UT where kids study for math tests and such. Trust me, dropping into their midst with insufficient recon or vaccination period can be a life-rattling event.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1