Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

on the one hand, standing up to trump right now as an (R) and voting to impeach literally puts your life and that of your family's in grave danger. but man, all they had to do was stand up to him before and they wouldn't be in danger of being murdered right now.

what's the saying? FAAFO?

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

on the one hand, standing up to trump right now as an (R) and voting to impeach literally puts your life and that of your family's in grave danger. but man, all they had to do was stand up to him before and they wouldn't be in danger of being murdered right now.

what's the saying? FAAFO?

Mitch and the establishment Rs would have been much better off voting to remove last time.  They were kind of like Texas giving Herman one more year.

8 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

If grandma and millions of Americans like her aren't capable of seeing through that horrific bullshit and get sucked into a cult mindset then they are no longer capable of voting in their own positive interests. They're now liabilities to the republic. Get a large enough percentage of them and it all breaks down no matter what anyone does. 

sadly this. preying on the carcass of a diseased society. as we sadly know

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

The ones that cling to Trump for the Trumptard base are gonna get crushed by the party as they distance themselves from the worst of what will come out. There is a lot of moving parts and what have yous. What a fucking time to be alive.

Some people I know are happy about this.  It actually pisses me off even more.

33 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Weather balloon.  Mitch is seeing if he thinks the party won't rip itself apart by kneecapping Diaper Don, which he desperately wants to do.  There's no way out of this without pain, which is the least painful way.  I've been saying rip off the band aid now.  Put him down and crush him.  Take your lumps and hope it doesn't kill you in 22', but more for 24'.   I think letting Trump continue to work as the de facto GOP strengthens his resolve and would continue to make the GOP his bitches.  He's down....... kill him.  Yea, he'll try and support candidates to primary some dudes.  Yea, he may even support some 3rd party candidates who may cost you a few elections, but he alternative is so much worse.... C'mon Mitch, you know this to be true.  Search your feelings..... Let the hate flow through you.

Palpatine.gif?fit=768,432&quality=80&str

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Mitch gives some of them cover to move forward

14 minutes ago, Pancho said:

But it won't be all of them - many with 2024 ambitions will not impeach.

If I had to look at the 17 we could get to get to 67 votes, you have your pocket R votes in Murkowski, Collins, Romney and Sasse.  I think Mitch can get the votes of the retiring/likely retiring in Selby, Grassley, Toomey, Burr - these people are done in politics, so who cares.  Senate Leadership will likely not go against their boss (except Ernst), so that's Thune, Blunt + Mitch.  That gets you to 12 and then you just lean on whoever got elected in 2020 with no national ambition because in 6 years, it'll be a distant memory - Risch, Daines, Cassidy, Lummis, Moore Capito, Cornyn, Rounds, Graham and Inhofe.  Roger Wicker is a wildcard- he won't forget Mitch save him from a primary loss against Thad Cochran. Ron Johnson is a wildcard- he might retire, but he also may retire to run for governor of WI, so who knows.

You can pretty much cross of Cotton, Hawley, Cruz, Rubio, Tim Scott, Rick Scott and anyone who was gung ho about the Senate electoral vote challenges, like Rick Braun and Cindy Hyde-Smith.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If I had to look at the 17 we could get to get to 67 votes, you have your pocket R votes in Murkowski, Collins, Romney and Sasse.  I think Mitch can get the votes of the retiring/likely retiring in Selby, Grassley, Toomey, Burr - these people are done in politics, so who cares.  Senate Leadership will likely not go against their boss (except Ernst), so that's Thune, Blunt + Mitch.  That gets you to 12 and then you just lean on whoever got elected in 2020 with no national ambition because in 6 years, it'll be a distant memory - Risch, Daines, Cassidy, Lummis, Moore Capito, Cornyn, Rounds, Graham and Inhofe.  Roger Wicker is a wildcard- he won't forget Mitch save him from a primary loss against Thad Cochran. Ron Johnson is a wildcard- he might retire, but he also may retire to run for governor of WI, so who knows.

You can pretty much cross of Cotton, Hawley, Cruz, Rubio, Tim Scott, Rick Scott and anyone who was gung ho about the Senate electoral vote challenges, like Rick Braun and Cindy Hyde-Smith.

I agree with most of this.  But Cindy Hyde-Smith is fucking stupid as a rock.  I think she'd bend under mild pressure from some of the old hands.  Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's how I see it.

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I wouldn't bet on Sasse either way.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’ve said this many times but if they get the votes, they won’t convict.  Trump will resign. 

I think they still do it, so they can disqualify him from office ever again.  Trump resigning is a short term win, but the long term goal for Mitch is to get this cancer out of the party. 

10 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

It is happening as Steve Schimidt predicted. There has to be a civil war for control of the party and they are gonna go through some things. It makes me slightly queezy like seeing a bad car wreck and how I turn my eyes toward it hoping to see what happened. Fuuuuck

Problem is Mitch and quite a few others are going to pretend they weren't on the side of the bad guys the entire time.  They are absolutely as culpable as the maga morons that are going to remain loyal to dotard.  They all need to go.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think they still do it, so they can disqualify him from office ever again.  Trump resigning is a short term win, but the long term goal for Mitch is to get this cancer out of the party. 

Trump is so stupid he might actually force them to vote to convict but I imagine his attorneys will talk him out of that and lobby for the pardon. 

If some of these voters truly think like children, then sure they may tantrum a little but most children appreciate when the adults in the room say "enough," and get them in a routine. These folks have been in a chaotic whirlwind and they need to take their lumps, cry a few tears, and then get on with moving forward. Like @Patrick Batemansays, 'rip off the bandage' (and no honey child, don't pick at the scab later).

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Problem is Mitch and quite a few others are going to pretend they weren't on the side of the bad guys the entire time.  They are absolutely as culpable as the maga morons that are going to remain loyal to dotard.  They all need to go.

well, that is the job of the democrats, to remind how they sucked his chode. In the meantime, the way they rehab themselves is to actually work for their constituents and help this country. They can't be obstructionist to the extent they were,imo.

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

They do and in a just world that would happen, but one of these two groups will be in power on the right and I prefer Mitch to Donald and I certainly prefer Mitch over Mitch & Donald united.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
41 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
I’ve said this many times but if they get the votes, they won’t convict.  Trump will resign. 

Vote wouldn't happen until after the 20th.

subject to change.  they can move as fast as they want.  Will they? Dunno.  But nothing is set in stone 

36 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

It is happening as Steve Schimidt predicted. There has to be a civil war for control of the party and they are gonna go through some things. It makes me slightly queezy like seeing a bad car wreck and how I turn my eyes toward it hoping to see what happened. Fuuuuck

It will be a short war.  The odds are VERY good in Trump's favor.  See the support for him among Republican voters (you know, the people these slugs depend on to keep their jobs):

As to the Congressfucks who objected (with no factual basis) to the election, Republicans say 70 - 23 percent that they were protecting democracy.

As to whether there was widespread voter fraud that cheated Trump out of office, Republicans say 73 - 21 percent that they believe there was widespread voter fraud.

Among Republican voters, Donald Trump has a 71% approval rating.  This is from a poll taken AFTER the insurrection and attemtp to decapitate an entire branch of the government at his behest.

23 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

well, that is the job of the democrats, to remind how they sucked his chode. In the meantime, the way they rehab themselves is to actually work for their constituents and help this country. They can't be obstructionist to the extent they were,imo.

Don't count on Dems to do their job in this respect.  They need to grow some fucking balls, and pronto.

12 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

It feels like that to normal people. It feels like treason to almost half of the republican base.

No, you're wrong......ALMOST THREE QUARTERS of the Republican base.  See above -- 73% think he was cheated, 71% still love him.

The GOP and its supporters are beyond rehabilitation, beyond reason, and beyond any bounds of acceptable civil discourse.  Do not grant them any credence, do not account for their opinions or desires.  None of it.  Marginalize them.  If they someday decide to rejoin the ranks of sane, reality-based thinking, groovy for them.  Until then, do what you do with any other toxic, destructive family member -- cut them off.  Completely and totally.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

If y'all haven't read the article, I recommend it. There's this gem in it too:

"While Mr. McCarthy has said he is personally opposed to impeachment, he and other party leaders have decided not to formally lobby Republicans to vote “no,” and an aide to Mr. McCarthy said he was open to a measure censuring Mr. Trump for his conduct. In private, Mr. McCarthy reached out to a leading House Democrat to see if the chamber would be willing to pursue a censure vote, though Speaker Nancy Pelosi has ruled it out."