Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

4 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

These old people I talk to, if you could of told em that there would be people IN CONGRESS with green hair and bones in their noses speakin a language they couldnt even understand, well, they just flat out wouldnt of believed you. But what if you’d of told em it was their own grandchildren? Well, all of that is signs and wonders but it dont tell you how it got that way.

It’s a dismal tide 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hayden_horn said:

i'm not a fan of continually referring to liz cheney's words. that has to be discouraging to anyone else thinking of breaking ranks. almost punitively rewarding her in a way.

Same.  I’m also not a fan of old-ass dem lawmakers who aren’t as aggressive as newbies like Bush. 

I can tell this board is on the edge today.  A dozen comments about "a long minute" and "3 minutes" and not one fucking joke about South Austin's Mom or even a "That's what she said."  C'mon fellas, even in the face of a crumbling Republic, we've got to keep a sense of humor. 

Just now, hayden_horn said:

i'm not a fan of continually referring to liz cheney's words. that has to be discouraging to anyone else thinking of breaking ranks. almost punitively rewarding her in a way.

But seriously, how bad do you have to fuck up to make Liz Cheney come out against you? That's a high fucking bar.

I understand his reluctance to chime in now that he's been nominated for Secretary of Transportation, but I will really wish free agent Buttigieg was back on Fox/CNN/etc. to absolutely pulverize Trump and the GOP after what happened on January 6th. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

now someone on the republican side is out of order, and kind of rightfully so. wrap it up, old man!

does the majority just have the luxury of flouting the time contraints?

Kevin McCarthy got the same kind of time.  They yielded him a minute, and he went on for 5.  I think it is afforded them due to their rank.

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

now someone on the republican side is out of order, and kind of rightfully so. wrap it up, old man!

does the majority just have the luxury of flouting the time contraints?

That’s a long 30 minutes. 

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Kevin McCarthy got the same kind of time.  They yielded him a minute, and he went on for 5.  I think it is afforded them due to their rank.

well, if you are going to speak at length, it's best not to give a tepid speech. tepid should be short and to the point.

3 minutes ago, Bookman said:

WTF was that?

Mast: "Knock, knock"

House chamber: (silence)

Mast: "Knock, knock?"

Mast: (silence)

Mast: "I yield the rest of my time." (walks away muttering obscenities under his breath)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I understand his reluctance to chime in now that he's been nominated for Secretary of Transportation, but I will really wish free agent Buttigieg was back on Fox/CNN/etc. to absolutely pulverize Trump and the GOP after what happened on January 6th.

buttigieg at DoT is a waste imho

he should have been the chief of staff and press secretary, would have wrecked shop

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Loch Ness Monster said:

Biggest problem is a huge chunk of America is uneducated and have zero critical thinking skills. 

I could link you to my family & friends Facebook posts, but honestly I'm embarrassed and expect to get a call one day to bail them out. They helped organize a Trump boat parade on Lake of the Ozarks right when the failed Austin sinkfest happened. I'm sure they're plugged in deep Q.

Edited by RPM

2 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Biggest problem is a huge chunk of America is uneducated and have zero critical thinking skills. 

Another huge problem is everyone gets their news from their own ecosystems. We need to agree to go back to the Fairness Doctrine. All news must be neutral so we can agree to one reality. Everything else must be labeled opinion. All the networks, websites, posts on platforms have to provide unbiased news or label their shit as opinion.  It will help get everyone on the same page.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well between voting for impeachment and having to look over my shoulder and worry whenever my wife starts her car for the next few years and voting against it despite everything in my soul pointing to the fact that would be cowardly and beneath my oath of service to my nation..................I'd take the honorable route, say I forgot my mask in my car, and abstain from the vote.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

It is what happens when you don't tell stupid people they are stupid. They start to think they are smart.

not watching any of this, but that remined me of

“The big trouble with dumb bastards is that they are too dumb to believe there is such a thing as being smart.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan